Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

So Scary 6- A Heroic Effort

Have you ever thought what it's like to be a superhero? It doesn't sound like fun if you ask me. I mean, you have to defeat certain enemies to the point that you're purely exhausted and then you have to fight them later on. These days, I have to prepare myself in this apocalyptic world where the Infected have almost taken over. If you wanna know what the Infected is, then you're not surprised. They're zombie-like monsters who eats human flesh. I saw one of them devouring a poor, homeless man while he tried to find some food in an abandoned store. I had to save his @$$ and then blow the monsters sky-high.

Right now, Tokyo seemed to be overrun by them. I for one, used to be one of the ordinary citizens who had an ordinary life before the Infected mayhem started. I was due to marry a woman whom I've never known before. My father owns a pharmaceutical company where he told me to work hard and strive for success. I managed to prove that, but I didn't like the job itself. I didn't like the fact that I was someone's slave and being told what to do. I wanted to be someone else. I want to do something... exciting.

My name is Shiro Kenzaki. And I dream of being a superhero. Not like one of those Marvel or DC heroes that you usually see on TV or read in comic books often. But I liked to be one of those Kamen Riders that I grew up, watching as a kid. The last time I remember, my Dad always told me not to watch this kind of stuff. Because it seemed too childish, even for a grown-up like me. He often asked how these actors were able to pull-off this kind of stunt when they got stuck inside the hot-rubber suit for the entire episode. All that sweat and not being able to breathe... He was actually talking about the monsters who tried to defeat the Kamen Riders.

As a huge Kamen Rider fan, I was currently watching the latest show. But if you ask me, these shows were becoming too much comedic rather than seriousness. Not that I want too much seriousness or dark tone of the shows like Kamen Rider Kuuga or Agito. I liked to see a mix of both, which was probably why I stopped watching them.

Then I got to the point that I needed a superhero suit of my own. Nowadays, you wished you can buy something cheap from a local store. But usually they're expensive. So, I contacted my friend who builds a superhero suit for a living and see if I could try it on. He said it was okay but he also warned me that the suit wasn't ready yet. That it needed some upgrade or something. I told him that I could wait until it was ready. That's when the Infected Crisis started. An unknown virus was somehow unleashed, and then it turned ordinary citizens of Tokyo into horrible monsters. I drove to my friend's house and noticed that he wasn't there. His small laboratory was empty. I thought he must have also been infected. I saw the suit that was finally finished. I wore it and then tested it out. But there were some flaws to it. My friend was right.

A couple of hours later, I got it working and was able to hit the wall with extreme strength. It also gave me enough speed to overcome the Infected enemies, who had just appeared outside my friend's home. Yeah, tell me about it. The suit gave me a variety of abilities to choose from. I was like Iron Man from Marvel Comics. But not really. If my friend had survived the Infected outcome, then I could tell him how sorry I was to ruin the new suit, since the Infected monster defeated me several times.

It got me thinking how I was going to battle these monsters day and night because they seem to be unstoppable at some point. But I managed to blast some of them with a high-powered beam. Usually, I went backwards in doing so, but I had to practice it a couple of times. This was not a good time to practice, especially when the monsters were still coming after me. I flew as much as I could to avoid being hit. One monster managed to extend its long tentacle, which wrapped around my leg. I cut it with my strong fist and then let it go. I was free.

I looked around the city. Man... talk about a lot of monsters attacking innocent lives. I often wonder how the virus had started in the first place. No one knows for sure. But now's not the time to think about it. All it matters was that I have to save these poor people , including my own. I fought them until I was purely exhausted. The suit failed me, and I think I got bitten somewhere on the arm or leg. Because I felt the monster did it while fighting them. I felt dizzy. I know for sure that I will turn into one of those monsters, since there wasn't any cure to the zombie virus. I did the unthinkable. I touched my chest and activated the laser beam.

Next story- The Doll from Hell