Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

No Caption Provided

So Scary 3- Upside Down

It's bad enough for the two detectives of Scotland Yard, to investigate the strangest cases of all time. Even the human history that nobody would ever believe it. Inspector John Wildman hadn't seen this case coming to him. However, his young partner, who has just been hired three months ago joined in the ranks, had nothing else much to say. Though Henry Dawson had read the case before, he had researched the evidence that had been laid out inside the house. A house of a former historian, who had gone mad, craving for violence and sexuality. It was brutal. The old man kept saying, "They are inside me! They are inside me! Help me! Please! Oh God! Help me!"

The thought of the old man's cries sent a shiver down Henry's spine. Not to mention, the old detective, John, who had solved a lot of cases back in the day, dealing with brutal murders, missing children, and drunkards having a fight at the bar, which he used to drink before, while taking breaks. A tough time, he should have least said to his colleagues. However, as brutal as the murder sounded in the past, John had never seen this one, anything like it.

The photographers took snapshots of the scene of the crime. The old man's intestines fell out of his stomach, as if a wild animal tore them out. It was disgusting, and one of the officers, who was younger than Henry, went outside the house, and puked.

Yes, it may have been embarrassing for the young officer. But both the detectives had no problem with that. They faced their worst experiences in their life, and to this day, they still face their worst.

The forensics took the samples from the dead body. Once the examination of the crime scene was done, everyone else left the old man's home, except the detectives. They stood there, wondering what the hell just happened in this house.

"The victim is 61 years old. His name was Jack Digger. He was retired and stayed alone in his home. From around 12:30 am to be exact, a neighbor heard wild screams coming from this house. It seems that the screams were not the old man's."

"I see," Henry said. He sat down on the couch, feeling weary about this strange case. He never thought the dread of the case would pull him down that easily.

"Yeah," John said. "I should say that someone must have entered Jack's home, while he was sleeping on the couch. He must have been dozing off, while watching TV until the burglar arrived. It was his only advantage."

Henry got up from the sofa and stared at the blood-stained couch. "Yeah. But the guts that got torn out. Surely, the robber couldn't have done that. Only a sadistic man could have done it."

John looked at his young partner, awkwardly. "So, what's your point?"

"My point is that an animal could have done it," Henry said. "It's most likely. How do you explain the guts being torn open? A madman could have done it, yes, but there were no sharp tools, that he had used them. There was no evidence of it. And those wild screams. It could have been an animal, that just escaped from the zoo, and then attacked the old man."

"Hmm..." John said. "I can see your point. But that doesn't explain why an animal would choose to kill Jack. It doesn't make sense."

Henry thought it didn't make sense too. But what he doesn't know that Jack used to take pictures of a lost civilization that dated back to the Babylonian Age.

The two detectives went around the house. What they know of Jack was that he was a Christian. Ever since he got retired, he barely goes to church, lying about his sickness to his old friend, and pastor.

But there was a horrifying sight to all of this. There were crosses on the wall that went upside down. Henry was a Catholic himself, but he never thought he would see something like this.

"I bet the robber is making a mockery of Christianity," John said, staring at the walls. "Unless, I'm mistaken."

Henry didn't say anything to his old partner. He kept staring at the inverted crosses. He turned them around to make them right. He did the same for the living room, and the bathroom as well.

"Henry, what happened here?" John said. As much he wasn't a Christian like Jack himself, he surely wanted to find out the whole truth of this dreadful case.

"I don't know," Henry said. "What I want to know is why these crosses went upside down during the killing. If it was not the animal that killed Jack, then it could be a sadistic killer. Or, probably of some cult, I should say."

"A cult?" John said. Where did he hear that one before? Oh yes, he recalled that he had to investigate the missing women, who were forced to take part in devilish sacrifices back in the 1960s. It was a terrifying case. He was able to capture the culprit, and his cohorts. He wondered if that past case was connected to this one. There could be no telling about it.

The detectives went inside Jack's bedroom. It was cold.

"God, darn it!" John said, trying to wrap his arms around himself. "What is this?" He looked around the room to see if he can turn the heater up. But there was no heater. Henry checked the window, since it was cold outside. But the window was completely shut.

"You got to be kidding me!" John said, shivering his legs. He felt like he wanted to go the bathroom and take a leak. But at this point, he didn't feel like it. There was something wrong about this room.

"Henry, are you okay?" John said to his young partner. Henry was quiet all of a sudden. He didn't say anything much. For some reason, he didn't feel the cold air breezing through him, as if he were immune to it.

"Don't you feel cold?" John said. "It's freezing in here. We better get out."

"You're right," Henry said. "It does feel cold." The detectives walked out of the bedroom.

They came downstairs, when they decided to stop and have a drink of water from the kitchen. John drank in a quick gulp, just to wash his nerves down. He was never this nervous before in his entire life. On the other hand, Henry just took a sip of the water, when he looked at the statue of Jesus Christ, hanging on the cross. It was also inverted.

"Will you take a look at that?" Henry said, pointing to the wall. John noticed it. He still begins to shiver, even though the kitchen wasn't cold.

"Let's get out of here, Henry," John felt sick to his stomach. "We have stayed far too long in this house."

Henry agreed with him. He wanted to put the cross straight but thought the better of it. The detectives went outside the house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At home, John's wife was cooking steak for him. Even though it was late at night, his wife knew that John was always hungry. It does always happen, ever since they got married.

"Here, John," the wife said, placing the food on the table. Her name was Shirley. At the age of 45, she surely wished she had looked younger now, so that she can make love to the busy man. But John had no interest in it. The current case was still bothering him.

Shirley looked at the food, still not being eaten by the famous detective of Scotland Yard. There was tension in the air.

"What's wrong? She said, looking worried. "You look awful."

"Oh..." John said. He looked down at the plate. "It's nothing. It's this case... That's all."

"I have never seen you like this before," Shirley said. "What happened?"

What does John have to say to his dear, lovely wife? That the demons were prowling around Jack's house? Surely, he didn't believe that. He never believed in such things. There were only fairy tales to him.

"You wouldn't believe me, if I told you," John said. He finally took a bite of the steak.

"Try me," Shirley said.

"Listen, Shirley," John said. "I'm tired. I want to eat and then sleep. If you don't mind..."

Shirley couldn't believe of what she was hearing. This is the same talk as usual. Ever since their marriage began to slip into cracks, John didn't pay much attention to her. For that reason, she had been cheating on him. Yes, she had spent time with Henry behind her husband's back.

"Alright," Shirley said, having heard enough of the same, old conversation. She went up to her bedroom. John didn't say anything much. He kept eating his favorite steak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a young age, Henry was a single man, trying to date as many women as possible. But he didn't have the chance to do so. However, since he met John's wife, there was love at first sight, as it is always been told everywhere in the community of Scotland. Henry felt guilty of the fact that he was making love with Shirley, when John went to see his old partner in London. John had asked Shirley to come with him, but she said that she had better things to do. There were friends coming to her place, talking of their old lives, and childhood pasts. But at the same time, Henry didn't have much else to do, so he came to see Shirley in several occasions.

Henry slept. There were voices reaching through his mind. He couldn't tell of what they were saying to him. He opened his eyes, looking around to see if anyone was there. But he was entirely alone.

He came downstairs to take a drink of water from the kitchen. He looked at the cross on the wall. It stood straight as usual. For a few minutes, the cross went upside down, slowly.

Henry stood back with fright. He thought he was seeing things. But no, it wasn't a dream. He can feel the stench rising up his nose. Then, a burning smell wafted throughout the kitchen, as if someone was trying to put fire in his house.

The deep voices told Henry to kill John before he finds out, that he was making love to Shirley.

The young detective tried to shut his ears. He hoped the voices to go away and leave him alone. But they were still there. He looked around the house, knowing that someone is playing a prank on him.

Then, the voices were clear to listen. Henry never thought of the atrocities they were speaking of. He did hear that John had to be killed, but not in a grotesque way. They told him, they will leave him, if he kills John.

But Henry couldn't do it. John was his old partner, and best friend. How foolish he was to make love to Shirley in the first place. It shouldn't have happened.

Henry shouted at the demonic voices. "Go away! Go away! Get out of here!" He held the cross necklace in his hands. But the voices didn't go away. They made a mockery of him, calling him a sinner.

Henry hated to admit that the voices were right about him. He sinned against God, and there was no way he could be helped. He was sweating like Hell. He felt something inside of him. He screamed.

The next day, John heard the news of a tragic death of his young partner. His guts fell out, just like what happened to the old man, Jack. It was the same pattern. It was most likely that the killer had done this to him, just to teach him a lesson, in investigating the murder.

Somewhere in the bathroom, Shirley cried. She couldn't let her husband know, why she was crying. If John were to find out that she cheated on him, their marriage will be over. Period.

John called out to Shirley, saying that he will be back soon. He went along with the authorities, who used to work with him in the past, to Henry's home.

It was a disgusting sight. This time, John went outside, passing the other officers, and puked.

The other officers stared at him, including the forensic investigators, and the photographers. John stared at them.

"I'll be alright," John said, almost panting. He never felt the fear coming to his senses before. He couldn't go back there and stand the sight of Henry. He was too young to die. What a waste.

The autopsy reports said that the bodies of Jack and Henry have been killed in a similar fashion. But there wasn't any weapon to be found. The evidence pointed back to Jack's home, where it all started.

But John was afraid to go back there. He knew that there was something evil in that house, even though he couldn't believe in such tales.

In the dead of night, everyone slept, and nobody made any sound outside their homes. John and Shirley slept together, even though they didn't feel like sleeping at the moment. Shirley wanted to tell the truth, but she couldn't. Not this time. Now that Henry was dead, there wasn't any need to spill out the dirty secret. The last day's events were hard enough for Shirley to handle. She couldn't bear it.

"Shirley..." John began to say. "I was just thinking... He wondered if this was such a good idea. "I'm going to leave the force for good."

Shirley looked at him. She was surprised to hear her husband saying that.

"What? Shirley said. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah," John said. He looked at her. "I've been working too long in the force. I think it's time to retire. Don't you think?"

Shirley didn't know what else to say. Somewhere deep inside of her, Shirley wished John had spent more time with her rather than work.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't there for you, Shirley," John said, trying to forget the horrible events the previous day. "I should have been there for you. For that, I'm sorry."

Shirley felt the tears coming from her eyes. As much she felt guilty of making love to Henry in the past, she kissed John on the lips. John kissed back. They made love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were voices coming to John's head. John woke up, watching his wife sleeping naked on the bed. He got up, wondering if the robbers had come to his house. If that were to happen, surely, John would use a gun on them. He wore his underwear and pants on. Then, he went downstairs.

He searched around the kitchen, then the living room. There was coldness in the air, so cold that John couldn't help remember the dying man's words.

"They are inside me! They are inside me! Help me! Please! Oh God! Help me!"

These were the words of Jack. But what about Henry? Did he say the same thing? John can imagine the words coming out of his young partner's mouth. He wondered if he was going to be the next victim. Only God knows.

Next story- It Happened Last Summer.