Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

No Caption Provided

So Scary 3- It Happened Last Summer

It happened last summer. The terrifying events of the brutal murders took place in a beach, where most of the teenagers played volleyball with their loved ones and had food, cooking burger and fries. It had been a special occasion, ever since they took a break from high school. But the nightmare was still there. The police hadn't verified the true identity of the killer. The parents were angry at them and told them, they weren't doing enough work. So far, a teenage couple died, and been left behind in the woods. Their necks were slashed.

The woods had been dark, all night long, when the couple was murdered. Stacy, the once-time winner of the prom dance has just returned from her summer break. She never knew what happened in those days of the hot beach, which is because she wasn't there at all. She had to go New York and visit her dying grandmother. Her mother said that to Stacy, instead of hanging around with bad friends.

"Your friends are bad news, young lady," her mother used to say. Stacy never liked the sound of it. She wanted to hang out with the best boys and girls that the town had to offer. Yeah, they were bad at times, but then again, they were also good to her. They didn't even force her to drink and smoke. So, what's the matter with them?

Stacy had barely listened to teachers in classes, nowadays. She's probably getting tired of hearing their boring lectures, over and over again. Maybe, that's the reason why her mother told her, not to go with her friends. Her friends hanged out a lot. It had been days, and weeks, and even months, that they had been going out, having wild rides, getting drunk, and having sex. Stacy felt sort of jealous.

She didn't have to be jealous because there was no boyfriend in her life. One time, a guy who was in his senior year asked her to go out. She refused because she had to study hard for her exams in order to get into Harvard University. Her mother had been pushing her too hard for that. Yet, Stacy was getting tired of being forced by her strict mother.

Against her mother's wishes, Stacy went out with her friends. She was supposed to study for the Biology exam, which is due day after tomorrow. She felt like she wanted some free time, just to free her mind from all the studying fiasco. She wanted to have some fun.

They went to the beach, where the murders took place. The guy named Cody, who brought beers all the time, told the story of the Hook Man, who was responsible for the killings. That everyone knows it was just an urban legend. But who knows? Maybe, the Hook Man have turned out to be real, after all.

Cody scared the wits out of the rest of the group. Stacy also felt the chill, as if the Hook Man stood there, watching her back, and waiting to slash her neck with the hook.

The story of a fisherman, who became the Hook Man. Everyone knew the story, but Hook Man never existed in real life. It was just an urban legend, just to scare people away.

Hank, the handsome jock, and football player, who used to win so many games against other high schools, have laughed at the idea of the Hook Man. There was no such thing. But Chelsea, Hank's girlfriend actually believed in it.

"I don't know about you, guys," Hank said. "But I'm getting tired of hearing the Hook Man story. Cody, why don't you tell another story besides the Hook Man?"

Cody stared at Hank, as if he were crazy to say something like that. There were no stories, besides the Hook Man. It was only him.

"Sorry pal," Cody said, drinking his beer. "But if you don't want to hear another Hook Man story, then I suggest you tag along with Chelsea, and get hooked. You know what I mean?" He laughed.

They all laughed together. Stacy couldn't help laughing of herself. The night had been too good to them.

They slept on the tents. The woods had been too quiet. Hank and Chelsea were making love, while Cody was still drinking beer, alone. He stared at the night sky, with full of stars. It looked beautiful.

Stacy couldn't sleep alone in her tent. Not that she was scared of the Hook Man, coming to get her. She wasn't feeling tired at all. It was probably Cody's choice of beer.

She came out of her tent and joined with Cody. He looked at her and smiled.

"Hey Stacy," Cody said. "Can't sleep?"

"Nah," Stacy said. "I was just wondering..." She stared at the night sky.

"Wondering about what?" Cody said. He hoped that he could make love with Stacy at this very spot. He didn't care. Then again, he heard that Stacy always reject the idea of having sex with a guy, since her mother wouldn't allow her.

"Oh..." Stacy said. "It's the Hook Man, I guess."

Cody looked at her awkwardly. "You're that scared?"

"I don't know." Stacy wasn't sure of herself. She heard the stories, when she was a little kid. There were other kids, who got scared of the idea that the Hook Man will come after them in the middle of the night.

"If you're scared, Stacy," Cody said. "Then, you should sleep with me. How does that sound?"

"I... don't know," Stacy said, forcing herself to smile. "My mom wouldn’t approve."

Cody felt disappointed. After all, Stacy hanged out with them against her mother's orders. That's what Stacy had told them, while tagging along for the ride.

"How long it's been, Stacy?" Cody said, drinking the rest of his beer. Then, he threw the can away. "Five months? Six? We haven't made out yet."

Stacy couldn't believe her own ears. She tried not to look at him. "Is that all you think about? Having sex?"

"Well..." Cody said. "Not exactly. I was hoping you would go out on a date with me."

"I thought you never asked," Stacy said. She smiled. Of course, she never felt the same thing as Cody. They both had been hanging around as best friends. So, wasn't it time for a change?

"Come on," Cody said. "Why don't we walk into the woods, just you and me? Eh? I swear that nothing will happen to you."

Stacy laughed. "Well, if you insist... But the woods.... They look spooky."

"Well, I'm here," Cody smiled. "Aren't I? What are friends for?"

They walked together through the woods. There were small animals, like the squirrels running around, looking for food, and the owl howling through the night. The crickets making creaky noises. Stacy couldn't shake the feeling of her fears.

"Are you cold?" Cody said to her.

"No, I'm fine," Stacy said. "Thanks."

"No problem," Cody said. They talked about their past, and the dreams of their futures. Stacy was hoping to become a psychologist, while Cody wanted to travel around the world.

It was the best time for them, to talk in private, just the two of them. It never happened before. Stacy felt calm about the current situation. If Cody wanted to kiss her, let him have it. Maybe, somewhere deep inside of her, she wanted a first kiss.

They approached an abandoned cabin, deep in the woods. It was the place, where the teenage couple got killed.

Stacy stopped. Her legs were shaking, as if an earthquake shook her. Cody stood beside her.

"Stacy, are you okay?" Cody said, wanting to give her a kiss.

"Yeah," Stacy said. She stared at the cabin. It definitely looked creepy. But then, Cody stood beside her. There was nothing to be afraid of.

"Cody... why don't we go back?" Stacy said. She had a sudden change of mind. It's as if someone was waiting for them.

"Come on, Stacy," Cody said. "You need to live a little. We have done this before. I mean... There's nobody in the cabin. Not even the Hook Man."

"It's not funny, Cody," Stacy said. "You heard about the murders. I was never here last summer."

"I know," Cody said. "Which is why you need to see this. It's okay. There's no such thing as the Hook Man. He's only an urban legend. That's all."

Stacy sighed. She wanted to leave this dreadful area. Of course, that's the whole point there. If she had a gut feeling that there was something wrong about the cabin, then, she'll be wanting to run away as far as possible. She didn't care of what her friends would say about it. But...

"Did you hear what Stacy did on the other night?" Stacy imagined her friends saying this to other high-schoolers behind her back. "She ran away like a freaking cat. What a loser!"

Stacy removed the unwanted thought away. She decided to stay with Cody and come to the cabin.

"Okay, let's go," Stacy said, trying to be brave. Cody smiled.

They went inside the cabin. It was quite warm, yet it looked dark enough to see the moon outside. Stacy imagined that the teenage couple made love here, while the Hook Man...

"Stacy?" Cody called out to her. "Hello? Earth to Stacy!"

Stacy snapped out of it and turned towards Cody. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was just dozing off."

"You must be tired," Cody said. "I won't blame you." He looked at the bed.

"Why don't you sleep here, for a while?" Cody said. "I'll be right here. Okay?"

"Okay," Stacy said. She slept on the bed and closed her eyes.

It had been two hours that time passed away. She woke up all of a sudden. Cody wasn't here, in the cabin.

"Cody?" Stacy looked around the cabin. "Cody! Where are you?"

There was only silence. It looked like Cody went to find something, and then coming back to the cabin. Or he went back to the campsite, to get Hank and Chelsea.

Stacy decided to go back to the campsite. When she arrived, she called out to her friends. There was no reply.

She came to the tents, calling out Hank and Chelsea. They must be sleeping, but there was something wrong here. There was blood dripping from the sides of the tent.

Stacy screamed. She left the camping area, screaming for help. She called out Cody. She went inside his tent. He wasn't there.

Then, a shadowy figure stood behind her back. Stacy turned around, screaming louder than ever. She began to run, but the Hook Man caught her shirt, tearing it off. Stacy fell down on the ground. She almost hit the rock on her head.

The Hook Man swung the hook, almost slashing Stacy's neck. She rolled over the ground and got up. She panted. She ran and ran. Her heart was beating too fast. She felt like she was going to die, just like the previous couples. Where was Cody?

The Hook Man finally got her. He slashed Stacy's right leg. A stab of pain jolted through her veins. She fell down.

The Hook Man raised the hook, ready to slash her neck again. But Stacy held his right hand, gripping the hook. It was a struggle.

Then, Stacy moved over, and kicked the Hook Man on the gut. His face was revealed.

"Cody?" Stacy was shocked to see her best friend, who turned out to be the Hook Man all along.

"Hello, Stacy," Cody said. "Well, isn't this a surprise?"

"Cody..." Stacy couldn't find more words to say. "You... You killed them. They were your friends!"

"I know, right?" Cody said. "But you see, Stacy. Someone needs to tell the story of the Hook Man. It looks like nobody was talking about him anymore, which is why I have to carry out his legacy."

"You're crazy," Stacy said.

"Oh yeah," Cody said. "You can think that way. But I'm doing him a favor."

"Him?" Stacy was confused, not sure of whom Cody was talking about.

"Yeah," Cody said. "The Hook Man."

Cody swung his hook. Stacy continued running. She stopped, and nearly fell down. She picked up a rock and hurled it towards Cody's head. There was a cry of pain.

Stacy ran up the hills, hoping that she can get into the highway. She looked back down, seeing that Cody was still after her.

"STACY! COME BACK HERE!" Cody struggled to climb the hills. They were too steep for him.

Stacy managed to get into the highway. Luckily, there was a cop, who approached her, while driving on the road. He was currently scanning any nighttime riders around the area.

"Holy crap!" The cop said. He stopped the car, and saw Stacy crying for help. He got out of the car. Stacy came closer to him. She told him that there was a man named Cody, who tried to kill her along the way. The cop saw the steep hills. There was no sign of Cody.

Stacy didn't know what to say. Cody might have escaped, since the cop arrived. Now that Stacy was safe, Cody wouldn't able to get her this time.

The sad news spread throughout high school, regarding the latest couple, who died last night. They were shocked to hear that their best friends died, just the same way as the previous couple, last summer. A memorial service was being held for them, including the other football players, and their coach.

Stacy was there for the memorial. She tried to see if Cody was there. So far, there was still no sign of him.

At home, Stacy was studying for her final exams, when a phone rang. She picked it up.

"Hello?" Stacy said. It turned out to be a police detective, who was currently investigating the murders of Hank and Chelsea.

"Hello, Stacy," the detective said. "This is Detective Charles Hanson. We have talked earlier. Remember?"

"Yeah," Stacy said. She remembered having the conversation with the detective earlier.

"Is it okay if I talk to you for a moment?" Charles said. "I have some questions to ask you."

Stacy had several questions being asked by the police earlier. Including her mother, who got furious, when she found out that Cody was behind the killings, and had told her that she shouldn't have hanged out with her friends.

"What is it, officer?" Stacy said.

"Well, it's about Cody," Charles said. "You said that he was the killer?"

"Yeah," Stacy said angrily. "He was the one, who tried to kill me. How many times I have to tell you?"

"I understand your frustration, Stacy," Charles said. "But Cody was found dead in the cabin."

There was silence in Stacy's room.

"Hello?" Charles said. "Hello, Stacy? Are you there?"

"But..." Stacy said. "He... He killed them. He killed his own friends. I'm sure of it."

Charles said, "Stacy, I don't know what you saw. But Cody wasn't the killer. Cody's neck was also slashed, just like the others. Now, can you explain to me, what the hell is going on?"

It didn't make sense. How could Cody be killed, when he was the one, who killed the two couples. Then, all of a sudden, Stacy dropped the phone.

"Hello? Hello? Stacy? Are you still there?"

From the closet, Stacy noticed a silver light glimmering from her bag. which she had taken it to the camp. She came to the closet, and saw the raincoat that Cody wore and disguised as the Hook Man, along with the hook. There were bloodstains on it.

Next story- The Dark Side of Literature.