Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

No Caption Provided

So Scary 2- Metamorphosis

It's been too long that my father had disappeared. I often wonder when he was going to come back home. Ever since then, my mother cried a lot in our house. The police have searched for him, day and night. It had been a terrible time.

I've tried to move on with my life. But my father's disappearance took a heavy toll on me. I had no further interest in school or whatsoever. My teachers were worried about me. At one point, my favorite teacher, Mr. Nelson, who is a major in the physics department, had talked with my mother. Apparently, my mother was greatly worried about me than my father. It seems that she had decided to move on with her life.

My mother and I were having dinner. We were utterly quiet. I begin to wonder if she knew that I had fights at school recently. There was a boy, who used to tease me all the time. This was regarding my father's disappearance.

"Eat your food, Jonathan," my mother said. "It'll get cold." I still couldn't eat the food. This was my favorite food of all time. Roast beef and chicken salad. I wanted to eat them. But I still sat there, fidgeting with the utensils.

"Jonathan, if you don't eat up, you're going to get sick. I'm worried about you."

She finally said it. I knew this was about to come. I've never spoken to her much, since my father's disappearance. She loved me all the time. That I knew, including my father.

"I'm sorry, mother," I said. "I'm not hungry."

"When are you going to stop, Jonathan?" She said. "You can't possibly go on like this."

"No mother," I said. "I will not stop, until I find out what happened to my father." I have nearly raised my voice. She was shocked.

I got up from the seat, and went to my room.

I felt so alone, yet I know that my mother was always there for me. Since I was a child, she used to read me books, late at night. My father never did these things. He was too busy that he could care less about us.

My father was a scientist. That explains why he never bothered to come and have dinner with us. He always had to go and find something to do. I know somewhere deep inside that he loves us. But my mother always had said to me, "Your father never cares about us. He's always at his work. God knows what."

She may be right. However, I still adore my father and his work. To say the least, his work seemed to be far more important than anything in his life. I've tried to follow his footsteps. But he had always said this, "Son, you don't have to be like me. I'm aware your mother doesn't like the fact that I'm too busy at my work. I hoped she would understand that. But you on the other hand, should understand why I'm doing this. I hope you can see to it."

I have understood completely. I knew my father cared for us all along. No matter what the circumstances were, he always loved us.

I tried to sleep at night. That's because I had unknown nightmares. I cannot say what they mean, and how it was related to my father. I hoped that I can find out what really happened.

I went to my father's room. Most of the time, his room was closed entirely, so that his work would not find out by anyone, including my mother and me.

But I had to find out. It was the only way to know what really happened to him. I have checked everything, his files, photos, and other things. I have also checked the drawers.

Then I found something on one of these drawers. It was a journal of some kind. I hesitated to open it. It could be the key to my father's disappearance.

Usually these days, a journal has been kept secret for a long time. But in this case, I have to open it immediately. If I was that desperate to find my father, then I have no other choice, but to open it. I hope my father would forgive me, if he was still alive.

I opened his journal. He wrote a lot of passages, and there were diagrams drawn on several pages. I wasn't sure of what the diagram intends to tell me. But I'm sure my father knows a lot more of it than I am.

I turned several pages, until I noticed his journal entries with the dates and times.

September 2, 1987 – 10:30 pm

I have been researching Dr. Brundle's work thoroughly. Days have gone by, and I have managed to transport an object from one place to another. This was not an easy task. I had to go through every trial, every step, in order to make the experiment successful.

I paused reading, and thought of it. My father was conducting an experiment. I continued reading the next entry.

September 3, 1987- 9:00 pm

The experiment still failed. I tried to transport a cup on this machine to another in perfect fashion. The cup was able to be teleported, but it got destroyed in the process. This machine gradually allows the instant communication and teleport the object in different locations. My partner and I have built these machines, or pods that we called it, to show the world how easy transportation can be. But we had to make sure our experiment was entirely successful. Otherwise, our superiors will pull out the plug. Our greatest experiment will be lost forever.

September 4, 1987- 11:00 pm

It had been a brutal night. My partner quit the project, and decided to move on with his affairs. I couldn't quit. I know what must be done. I'm a scientist for Christ's sake. I want to show my superiors that I can successfully complete the experiment. So, I tried transporting the cup again.

Eureka! It worked. I have never felt so happy in my life. It really worked. I wanted to tell my partner, but it seems that I didn't want to. He had quit the project earlier. So, that's not my problem.

September 5, 1987- 11:30 pm

I have managed to transport all the objects in perfect fashion. I have already told the superiors, and showed it to them. They were happy about it. They told me to continue the experiment in Phase 2.

I stopped reading for a while. I don't know if this journal can lead me to find him. But I must continue.

September 8, 1987- 9:00 pm

I have taken a two-day break for my hard efforts in conducting this experiment. Now, I must continue with Phase 2. I have decided to transport living things like animals and plants. One experiment failed. I've tried to transport a live rat to another pod. But the rat got burned up. I did it again. This time, another rat managed to survive. I also did this with plants.

I contacted my superiors, and mentioned that Phase 2 was successful. I also had to prove them by performing the experiment.

September 9, 1987- 10:15 pm

It's time for Phase 3. I'm so excited that I couldn’t wait to perform this final stage. I've been thinking to transport a live human being.

I paused reading the entry. My father thought of transporting a human being? He can't be mad. I know my father very well. But this has gone beyond my comprehension. I continued reading the same entry.

Yes, human beings. I know that it is far too risky for me. But I need to know. So, I had to find a human subject to become part of this grand finale. I went out in the darkest night. The streets were loaded with homeless people. It wasn't easy to find one. I found one, a man who kept drinking whiskey all the time in his life. I have told him that if he can become part of my experiment, he can get the money from me.

I took the homeless man, with me. He became part of my final stage of the experiment. He never knew what was coming for him. I didn't have to explain it. I hoped the experiment is successful.

Eureka! The experiment succeeded. I'm at a loss for words. I can't wait to tell this event to my superiors. The homeless man was safe and sound. I gave him the money as I have promised. He left my laboratory.

September 10, 1987- 9:15 pm

I have decided to perform one more experiment. This is still the final stage. I haven't told my superiors about the latest experiment yet. I wanted to save it for last. Since, I have managed to transport the homeless man to another pod, I thought of doing it the same thing. Me.

I stopped reading the entry. Surely, this must be the answer of my father's disappearance. What if he had failed? I continued reading the entry.

I did it! I did it! Oh, Dear God, I did it! I have looked at myself in the mirror, laughing. I have never felt so much joy in my life.

September 11, 1987- 10:00 pm

I still haven't told my superiors yet. I had to count out the days of how I'm improving myself. The last teleportation was successful. But, I need to know if there were any side effects. I didn't know what happened to that homeless man. But I'm sure that he was fine.

September 12, 1987- 8:00 pm

Something spectacular happened to me. I carried a heavy box! I don't know how it had occurred. But it seems that the experiment gave me super strength. Imagine that. I didn't have to worry about carrying heavy things anymore.

Interesting. The experiment gave him powers? I have to read the entry further.

September 13, 1987- 7:00 pm

I had such strong appetites for sugary food. I don't know why. I remembered that my wife used to cook me a cake. She told me to watch out my sugar levels. But this. I couldn’t control the satisfaction of my hunger. I ate tons of delicious food. So much sugar.

September 14, 1987- 7:30 pm

Oh God. I'm afraid that I have some bad news. I don't know what happened. But when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning. I was terrified of what I saw. How could this happen to me? How? I must find out.

I felt a chill that came from my father's words. I didn't know what was going on here. But I intend to find out further.

September 15, 1987- 5:00 pm

---------------------------------------------

That was it. There was no further entry regarding of what my father was doing at the time. I was afraid of what might have happened to him. I scanned the journal further to see if I can find the address to his laboratory.

After a few minutes of turning the pages, I found the address. I went immediately to my room, and decided to pack things. I don't know that I should be telling this to my mother. She might be worried about me.

I went to her bedroom. She slept peacefully. I wanted to wake her up, and tell her that I'm about to go out, and find my father. But I think she wouldn't let me.

So, I left our house in the darkest night. I thought of going in the morning. But this is highly important for me to find him. I had to know soon.

After a few hours of driving, I have finally reached my father's laboratory. The door to the building, seems to be locked. So, I managed to pick the lock, and pry it open.

The room looked dark enough that nobody could see where they were going. I went around the room. There were lots of plates sitting on the kitchen sink. My father must have eaten a lot of sugary foods.

I came downstairs, and noticed the two pods that has been described exactly in the journal. They looked amazing.

I touched one of the pods, and felt it. These are the pods that my father used to teleport inanimate objects and living things in both locations at the same time. I have never quite imagined like this.

A sound just occurred somewhere in the laboratory. I didn't know what it was. I stepped further and saw a robed figure coming to me. I stood back.

There was a creaking sound from the robed figure. I have never felt so much terror in my life. I have to know what really happened here.

"Who...Who are you?" I said.

The robed figure has not said anything. He kept crawling, as if he were an insect. I stood back further away. Then, the robed figure stopped. The robe came down on the floor.

I gasped in terror. I couldn't fathom it. The thing that stood before me, was hideous. I had never seen anything like it. Dear God.

"Jo...Jona...Jona...Jona...Jona...than."

It said my name. How does it know my name? Unless, it somehow killed my father.

"How dare you?" I cried out angrily at it. "What did you do to my father?"

The creature tried to speak. But there was only a creaking sound. Then, it walked slowly to the table. He took out a paper, and tried to write something. It seemed to be struggling.

"What in the hell?" I said. I looked over the paper. It was sort of scribbled. It looked like a name. But I couldn't read it.

It gave the paper to me. But I crumpled it away. There was one thing clear about all this. My father must have created another experiment. This was the monstrosity that is standing right in front of me. How mad he was.

I know that this creature had killed my father. There was no doubt about it.

I tried to find a weapon around the laboratory. But it seems there wasn't anything nearby. The creature noticed what I was trying to do. It held my shoulders, and tried to pull me inside the pod. I struggled to move.

"Let go of me!" I cried out in agony. I hoped someone can hear my cries, and help me. I kicked it over and over. I screamed.

Suddenly, I've noticed a knife on the table. I quickly grabbed it, and kept slicing the monster's arm. It screamed highly in pain. The monster's scream brought shivers to my bones.

I freed myself away. I kept stabbing at the monster's stomach, again, and again. There was some green blood oozing out of its body. I've tried to held my breath. The smell was so irritating that I felt like throwing all over the place.

The monster falls on the floor. I kept stabbing it. It stopped screaming.

It was done. I have killed my father's murderer. What am I supposed to do with the monster's body?

I wrapped the body with the robe, that he wore earlier. It was very heavy. I noticed a door to the basement. I opened the door, and used all my strength to push the body down. I closed the door, locking it.

I sat on the couch, feeling so weary that I wanted to sleep. The nightmare was over. I was about to close my eyes, until I saw the crumpled paper on the floor. I looked at it again.

What was the creature trying to tell me? Sometimes, I wonder about that.

I have to go back home. My mother must have noticed now that I was gone for too long. I went out of the building, and locked the door. I often wonder if anyone would find out the body in the basement. My father's superiors would find out.

I have finally reached home. To my surprise, my mother was still asleep. At long last, I can move on with my life.

I had a nightmare last night. It was too vivid to describe. I stood in the laboratory, and saw my father entering inside the pod. He was in there for quite a while. A few seconds later, the other pod opened. The monster came out of it.

I was horrified that I made a mistake. I have killed my father, whom I didn't know that he became a monster all along.

Next Story- The Warning.