So Scary 2- House of Flesh

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

Note- These stories are rewritten into novel format. To check out the original series, click the links on my blog, Impersonator's Fan-Fic Library.

No Caption Provided

So Scary 2- House of Flesh

Tommy Anderson had a tough life going for him. Ever since his grandparents died of old age, he had trouble living with his foster parents from time to time. He wondered when he's going to stop wandering around the countryside, and find a permanent home.

When he was young, his grandparents sought out a psychologist for him. He used to have nightmares every night. It was said that Tommy had dreamed of people that he knew before, but he couldn't recall of who they were, and what they were trying to do to him.

Apparently, Tommy got tired of visiting his psychologist Dr. Alice Coleman. Alice was a beautiful woman, and sometimes Tommy at the age of 18 used to have erotic thoughts about her. He made sure that he didn't have a hard-on before Alice noticed it.

Despite the fact that Tommy never liked going to see a doctor, he felt relieved talking to a person. He wasn't alone anymore. He always comes to see Alice, as if he still has the nightmare problem.

Alice used to say that when a person becomes normal in life, that person doesn't need to see a psychologist, which means Tommy didn't have to see her.

But Tommy wanted to see her. He wanted to ask her on a date, but it felt a crazy idea to begin with. Alice was much older than her.

Tommy sighed, and knew Alice was right. It's time to move on.

Tommy went back to his old folks' place. His grandparents used to own a farm back in Arkansas. Usually these days, people come there to earn a living. Texas was a hot place. Not even a tourist wanted to go there, getting burned up.

Tommy looked over the photo albums, which his grandparents shared it with him. They used to tell him that his parents died in a car accident. He surely felt alone at the time, but his grandparents were there, raising him up to become any good kid.

But his grandparents never did tell much about the parents. As a kid, Tommy often wondered what they looked like, because there were no photographs of the parents, not even a single picture.

Tommy tried to look over the Internet. His parents must have lived here close by, or even far away from where they lived.

As he scrolled down the web pages, Tommy noticed an address located in Arkansas. It said that the Andersons lived there. It couldn't be possible. He was told by his grandparents that they were dead. Now, Tommy wasn't sure.

Tommy clicked on the page, which pointed him directly to an image of a house. The house looked like a mansion, almost. He clicked the pages, and saw the pictures of his parents. He also noticed a beautiful girl standing beside them.

It can't be, Tommy thought. He scrolled again through the web page, and saw the names of the people on the image.

The Andersons.

He wondered this in thought. There has to be an explanation for all this. But then, it's possible that these are the wrong people that he was looking at. Besides, they were also people with the last name, Anderson in this world.

Tommy wrote down the details on a piece of paper. He decided to look for them. He never knew why he had to look desperately. Maybe, it's because that Tommy wanted to find out the truth about his parents, not to mention his beautiful sister.

But the question never occurred to him. Did he really have a sister in the past? Most likely, Tommy got separated from his family, when he was young. That time, his sister might have been born.

Tommy also checked the phone number of the residence. He thought of calling them. What would he say?

Tommy phoned the residence in Arkansas. He waited for the dial tone to end. Then, someone picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Someone said on the other line.

It sounded like his father.

"Hello? Who is this?" He asked again.

Tommy kept wondering what he would say to his father, or even if it's his father.

"Hi...Is this the Andersons residence?" Tommy finally answered.

"Yes... " His father paused. "Who is this again?"

Tommy felt like this was a mistake. He has to try something before it's too late.

"Have you...Sorry...I know this sounds crazy. But umm...Have you ever had a child named Tommy?"

His father paused, then said, "Yeah, we used to have a boy until we decided to give him for an adoption. But my parents decided to take care of him."

Tommy gasped. His grandparents lied to him.

"Hello?" His father was baffled by Tommy's silence. "Hey kid...Are you alright?"

"This is Tommy," Tommy finally presented himself.

This time, his father became silent.

"Tommy?" His father said slowly. "Is that you?"

"It's me...Dad," Tommy said. For some reason, he felt tears running through his eyes. He never felt alone in the world.

"Dear God..." His father said in his gruff voice. "It's been too long. Look..." He paused for a moment. "Why don't you come here? I'll give you my address."

"I've already took down the address," Tommy said. "I... I found it on your website."

"Oh..." His father was surprised. "Oh okay. Can you drive?"

"Yeah," Tommy said. He recalled the time, when his grandfather used to teach him driving lessons. It was supposed to be a father's job.

"Sweet," Tommy's father said. "We can't wait to see you. Your mother missed you very much."

Tommy wondered about that. But the only problem was, why he had been told a lie. It didn't make any sense.

Tommy took the long drive to his new home. He felt like he was coming back for Christmas, not that time is coming nearby.

He took the directions carefully. It was a good thing that he had a map in his hands. At one point, he had been lost for a while. Then, a truck driver was stopped to show him the right direction. Tommy thanked him.

Finally, Tommy reached his new home. It was the same, exact house that he had seen on his father's website.

Tommy learned that his father was a construction worker. He builds houses for new residents in Texas. It's been said that his father used to get fired over arguments in building the house on a restricted area. This happened since his childbirth.

Maybe, that's why Tommy was taken care by his grandparents. His parents had no other choice. They couldn't afford to support him. But even though, he was the only child, it doesn't mean he can be given up that easily.

Tommy got out of his car, and saw three people standing in the front of their house. Tommy couldn't believe his eyes. After all these years, he thought that his parents were dead the whole time, not to mention he had a sister.

They came to greet him. Tommy felt like a total stranger. But it didn't matter to him. He was home.

His parents hugged him. Tommy didn't know what to say. He saw the girl standing there, as if she didn't know him at all.

"Oh, my dear baby," Tommy's mother said. "Look at you! You have grown up!"

It was strange that his grandparents told him a lie. Yet, his parents were very much alive. Tommy felt happy.

They walked together inside the house. They talked for a while. Tommy said all the good things about his grandparents, and how they treated him well. They even taught him everything.

"We wish we were there, son," Tommy's father said, feeling the regret of giving him up. But Tommy understood. He even looked at his mother's sadness. On the other hand, his sister had no words to tell.

After long hours of discussion, Tommy's father showed him the tour of the new house. This was the house that he built on the restricted area. Tommy asked him why the construction company didn't allow him to build it here.

"That's because a Native American once said that this area used to be a burial ground," Tommy's father said.

Tommy felt a chill listening to his father's story. He heard that the burial ground is where the corpses lie underneath this house. No wonder his father got fired.

Tommy wanted to ask why can't they move to other areas, except this one. But he let it go. After all, there was nothing wrong building the house in the burial ground. Those days, the Native Americans were considered superstitious.

After talking to his parents, Tommy went to his sister's room. Her name was Jessica.

"Hi..." Tommy said.

"Hi..." Jessica said. She was folding her clothes, then putting them back on the closet.

"So... I guess I'm your brother now." Tommy felt strange talking to her that way.

"I know, Right?" Jessica said. "Mom and Dad used to tell me a lot about you."

"Oh..." Tommy said. "I see."

Jessica stopped for a moment. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Oh sorry..." Tommy suddenly felt shy. Why is this happening? It's not like she was her girlfriend.

"Oh, I get it," Jessica realized something afoot. "I know...First timers."

"Excuse me?" Tommy pretended not to hear it.

"First timers," Jessica said again. "You know... a person meeting another person for the first time. I'm totally strange to you. Aren't I?"

"Umm..." Tommy paused. "Yeah, I guess."

"Jeez, will you just relax?" Jessica chuckled a bit. She closed the closet, and went back to bed.

Tommy realized it was time to go to sleep. "Well..." Tommy paused again. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Jessica said.

Tommy closed the door behind him. That was awkward, he thought.

He went to his new bedroom, and tried to sleep. He thought of the house here, and his family. It felt so new to him, like he was a stranger in a strange land. He wanted to know why his grandparents lied to him about his parents' death. They also never mentioned his sister's existence.

Late at night, someone knocked the door. Tommy tried to ignore it, but the knocking still continued. He got out of bed, opened the door. He gasped and saw Jessica standing there.

"Jessica?" Tommy rubbed his eyes, and then he fully opened them.

"Hi Tommy," Jessica said.

"What...What are you doing here? I thought you were asleep."

"Don't feel like it," Jessica shrugged. "I wanted to speak with you."

"Oh...Okay," Tommy said, wondering where this was going. Jessica went inside his room.

She sat on the bed, waiting for Tommy to come nearby. Tommy closed the door, and came back to his bed.

"So..." Tommy said. "What is it you want to talk about?"

There was silence in the room.

"Well?" Tommy urged her sister to continue.

"I saw the way you’re looking at me. I know what you’re thinking."

"What?" Tommy said almost loudly. "No. No. I wasn't thinking of that. I swear!"

"Will you hush?" Jessica pointed to her lips. "Mom and Dad can hear us."

"Jessica..." Tommy said. "Listen. I swear to God that I wasn't thinking like that. Okay?"

"Don't lie to me," Jessica said. "I know that look earlier."

"Jess..." Tommy stopped as he saw his own sister unbuttoning her shirt.

"What...What are you doing?" Tommy almost wanted to shout.

"I want to show you something," Jessica smiled at him. Then, Tommy gasped in horror. There were worms slithering out of her eaten body.

Tommy screamed, and woke up from his bed. He realized it was just a nightmare.

What's wrong with me? Tommy thought.

The next day, he came downstairs to have breakfast with his family. Apparently, his father had gone to work. His mother and sister were there, eating pancakes.

"Tommy dearest," his mother said. "Here are your pancakes. Did you sleep well?"

"Ah...yeah. I did." Tommy felt something was off. He wasn't sure what became of it.

He took the plate of pancakes reserved for him, and began to eat it. Then, he noticed something was odd about the top pancake. It looked like someone's hair slithered out of it. He became sure it wasn't his own hair.

"Um...Mom," Tommy said. "There's a hair on this pancake."

Tommy's mother stood up from her seat. She came towards him, and noticed the hair.

"Oh dear, it must be your father's," Tommy's mother said. "Here, I'll remove this pancake away from you."

"He makes pancake in the morning?" Tommy was surprised.

"Yeah, he always does that before he goes to work." Tommy's mother put the hairy pancake on the other plate. "It just to show how responsible he is. I've told him, I can make them. He works hard every day, you know."

"Figures," Tommy said. He ate the rest of the hairless pancakes.

After eating breakfast, Tommy went outside the house to have a look around. He never thought that this house was built on the scared ground.

How sacred could it be? Tommy thought. He wanted to find it more about this house, and why that Native American warned not to build it.

Tommy stepped onto something, and noticed a bone. It looked like it came from a skeleton. But he wasn't sure of it.

"Found something?" Jessica startled him.

"Oh..." Tommy said. "Yeah, this bone...I don't know if it's a bone. What do you think?"

"Don't know," Jessica shrugged. She wore shorts at this time of summer. Tommy tried not to look at her legs.

What the heck is wrong with me? He thought. He wished that he had an actual girlfriend in his past life. But this was so awkward that he couldn't fathom it.

"What's wrong?" Jessica said.

"Oh...nothing." Tommy walked a bit farther away from her. It wasn't that he was afraid of her. He was afraid of what was underneath her shirt.

"Is something wrong?" Jessica said, worrying about her brother. "You don't look good."

"No... No. I'm fine," Tommy said. "It must be the heat. Look...Umm...I'll go back inside and rest for a while. Okay?"

"Are you sure, you're fine?" Jessica wondered.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine." Tommy walked quickly back towards the house. Jessica stared at him.

The next night, Tommy begin to hear squeaking noises. It sounded like a rat. Tommy woke up, and came downstairs. The sound was coming from the kitchen.

Tommy walked slowly, and saw his sister bending down on the kitchen floor.

What is she doing? Tommy wondered. He stood back a little. Then, he hid himself behind the door and got shocked.

Jessica was eating a dead rat. She must have killed it.

Dear God...Tommy wanted to scream. Not only that, he wanted to puke.

He hurried a bit towards his bedroom, and closed the door behind him. He tried not to vomit. He could have gone to the bathroom earlier. But his senses were out of synch. Later, he puked on the floor.

Tommy couldn't believe it. His own sister was eating a dead rat. What's going on? Was he still having a nightmare?

He tried to sleep, fearing that Jessica might come to his room and eat him.

Oh, please God...No. Tommy was so tired that he finally went to sleep.

The next day, Tommy came downstairs to see his family was having breakfast. Not to mention, his father was there.

It must be Saturday, Tommy thought.

He sat on his seat, looking at the food. In the middle of the table, a covered tray laid there.

"Good morning, Tommy," his father said.

"Umm..." Tommy looked around the table. "This isn't lunch. Is it?"

"Ah..." his father said. "Yeah, from the looks it. It does look like lunch."

Tommy didn't know what to say. He waited for something to eat. But he wasn't sure what he wanted to eat.

"Tommy," his father said. "There's something we need to tell you."

Tommy stared at his father, wondering what he was going to say.

"We're not your parents," he said. "And Jessica is not your sister."

What! Tommy thought out loud. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "But..."

"Listen," he said. "Remember. I've told you that I got fired from a construction company years ago?"

"Yeah..." Tommy said slowly.

"Your father was the CEO of that company. I had arguments with him. I've told him that I could build this house...Right here."

"Oh...Okay..." Tommy was worried now.

"So..." he continued. "I had to do something about it." He stopped.

"Wha...What did you do?"

"Honey, could you pass Tommy the food?"

The mother passed the food to him. Tommy looked at it.

"That's your real Dad," he said. "Chicken ribs."

Tommy was shocked and wanted to puke.

The mother passed another food to him. She said it was Tommy's mother.

"It's chicken breast," the mother said. "You'll love it."

Tommy began to puke on the side of the table.

"Oh, Tommy dear," the mother said. "You've ruined our carpet. Now, I'll have to clean it up."

"Don't worry, honey," her husband said. "You can do it later."

Tommy tried to come back to his senses. What's going on? Then, he realized that his grandparents took him away from these people because they knew what really happened to his parents. It wasn't a car accident. They had been eaten.

Tommy sat straight, trying not to stare at his dead parents. He held his breath, and let it go.

"So...I... I don't have a sister?" Tommy said.

"Oh, I forgot," he said. "Jessica, will you do the honors?"

"My pleasure, Daddy," Jessica said, smiling at Tommy. She took the closed tray, and placed it on the table in front of Tommy.

Tommy didn't want to know what was in there.

Jessica opened the tray anyways, and Tommy screamed.

"Meet your real sister," Jessica said. "Isn't she pretty?"

Tommy thought of the nightmare that he had seen the night before. He felt like he was reliving it.

The worms were slithering out of her dead sister's body. Tommy puked on the floor again.

The mother looked furious that she had to clean the dirty carpet. But what could be done? Tommy wasn't used to eating the dead. This family wasn't Tommy's family at all. He had been tricked.

Tommy straightened up, and stared at the family. He was about to get up, but the man has told him that his car got broken.

"You see, Tommy," he said, "I had to use your Dad's last name to lure you out, and come here. I was hoping that one day you could reunite with your real family. Well, what do you know? Here you are."

It's just a dream, Tommy thought of going back to his old home, where his grandparents used to live. He also thought of beautiful Alice.

It's only a dream.

Next Story- The Long Road.