Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

No Caption Provided

So Scary 2- Dear Chucky

Dear Chucky,

I wanted to say this very clearly. It seems that I haven't much time left. The clock is ticking, and I had to find desperate measures in improving my health. In fact, there wasn't anything that the doctors can do for me. I'm running out of options. You see, I'm a man of high importance. I've been running the criminal empire for almost 50 years. My sons never wanted to become part of the criminal organization any longer. They felt it was wrong to run this kind of business, if you know what I mean. Since there was no one else to run the business, I'm the only one, who can do it.

I've always wanted to meet you. I've heard a lot of stories about you. You were a famous killer once, the so-called "Lakeshore Strangler." You have strangled behind people's back, not knowing if you were there, or someone else doing the strangling. But you were there, and I know it. It feels like I've been watching you over the years. Heck, I don't see the point of writing you this letter. But the point is...I wanted to meet you. I wanted something from you.

You see, I had one of my men ran down a background check on your past history. You once met some voodoo man, I should say, and that you killed him. I could be wrong though. But what the heck? I have to assume that you did it. But that's not what I'm trying to find out. What I'm trying to find out is, how you were able to get stuck inside that doll, the "Good Guy" doll all these years?

I know it sounds crazy. But your name kept popping up all over the news. Well, not your real name. But Chucky. Yes, Chucky. I must have been crazy to hear this. It sounded too good to be true.

The whole point of writing this letter to you, is to learn the voodoo chants from you. So that I can transfer my consciousness into a younger body. Sounds simple? Maybe not. But at least, I can try to chant my way into a better life than ever. I have to try it before my time runs out.

I know you're not the kind of person, who would negotiate some kind of deal. But I can offer you this. I can give you power than you could ever imagine. I'm certain that we can come to the agreement. It's not that hard, if you think about it.

But then, I've heard that you were obsessed of transferring your soul into a younger body. Heck, I'm not the only one here. I can tell it, even though I'm not watching you, or my men watching you.

Imagine this. I can have my men kidnap a kid for you. I've also heard that you have attempted to transfer your soul into kids in the past. But that failed. Imagine this. My men can protect you, so that your voodoo ritual won't be interfered. I know it's been hard for you. You have tried so many times, and yet you failed... again. But I'm here. My men will protect you. You will be successful. I can guarantee it. Besides, what harm can come to you, even though you can't certainly die.

Death. Death is coming upon me. I can't allow Death to take me, and throw everything away that I've worked so hard for. How else I was going to support my sons? They couldn't understand. Yet, I made them angry. I'm still proud of them, whatever the careers, they're leading right now. I love them.

But my empire can't die. I can't leave it. There is no one but me. It is I who started the empire in the beginning. Therefore, I must continue my existence. Without me, the empire will crumble, and there won't be anyone to pick it up. I must live!

Chucky, I know this sounds desperate. But I must know the secret of the voodoo chant immediately. I've tried researching the Internet, the books...I've tried it everywhere. I've even tried chanting myself. Nothing worked. Dear God. Time is running out.

I hoped you can read my letter in time. I've just found out your hiding place. But it seems that you went out on a killing spree. I'll have my bodyguard sent the letter out to you at your doorstep, once you're back.

Yours Sincerely,

Dan Hickman

Dan finished writing the letter. He told his bodyguard to send the letter to Chucky at his hideout. He felt weak that he couldn't even get up. These days, Dan had numerous visits to his doctor. The doctor sadly told him that he had cancer, and there was no cure.

Dan wished he could live longer. But as time goes by, the age starts to deteriorate. He often wondered what life would be like, if he hadn't been running the illegal business. Imagine that.

A few hours later, Dan called out the bodyguard through his phone. The bodyguard kept watching the hideout for hours. It seems Chucky had not read the letter yet. He might be too busy killing people on the streets. It was a horrifying moment that Dan thought of having his own kids, being slaughtered by that killer doll.

Imagine that.

It was time for medication. Dan called out to his nurse, who seems to be busy talking on the phone. Everyone was busy nowadays, including Chucky.

"Nurse! Nurse!" Dan shouted at her. He kept beeping the call button. But the nurse still didn't hear him.

A phone rang on the table. Dan quickly grabbed it.

"Hello?" Dan said.

"Hello?" A familiar voice said. It wasn't the bodyguard.

"Uh...Who is this?" Dan felt a chill to his bones. He shouldn't be afraid, even though he was old.

"It's me...Chucky."

Dan gasped. He wondered if Chucky killed the bodyguard.

"I got your message," Chucky said. "Why don't you come to my place? We can talk."

Dan didn't know what to say. Why was he still afraid? After all, he was the one, who wrote the letter. He wanted to learn the chant himself.

"So..." Chucky waited. "Are you coming or not?"

"Um...Yes. Yes. I'm coming. I'll be right there."

"Good," Chucky said. "It's just you and me." He hanged up.

Dan called his other bodyguard to pick him up. He felt like having his other men to come along, just in case if something goes wrong. But Chucky would know. Dan couldn't risk losing the voodoo secret.

He had to trust Chucky on his behalf. However, he thought of bringing a gun with him, so he can protect himself. He learned that Chucky's heart was the weakest link.

Here goes nothing, Dan thought.

Dan went alone to Chucky's hideout. The bodyguard was told to wait inside the car. Dan hoped that Chucky would share the voodoo secret with him.

A few days later, the police have arrived at the hideout, and found three dead bodies. The throats of the two bodyguards were slit. But Dan Hickman was strangled to death.

The cops approached the crime scene, examining the bodies. A rookie cop feared that the so-called "Lakeshore Strangler" has returned.

"Jesus Christ," the rookie said to his old partner, the mentor. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

"Well, you better not throw up on me," the mentor said. "My wife just made this shirt last week. Ain't going to waste it."

The forensic photographers took some photos of the crime scene, and left the hideout.

"So, what do you think?" The mentor said, staring at Dan Hickman.

"I don't know what to think," the rookie said. "But you know what?"

"What?"

"It looks like Charles Lee Ray is back."

"You gotta be kidding me," the old partner wanted to laugh out loud. "Charles Lee Ray is dead."

"I know," the rookie said. "But that strangling behind Dan's neck..."

"What are you saying, rookie?" The mentor said. "That Charles somehow came back from the dead?"

The rookie felt silent. He knew it couldn't be Charles. He had been dead a long time ago. They could be looking at the work of a copycat killer.

"Well...What do you have to say for yourself?" The mentor shook his head.

"Beats me," the rookie shrugged. "But we'll have to run down some tests, and see what we can come up with."

"Are you betting me that it was Charles? Because if you do, I won't have that being put under my conscience. You hear me?"

"Yes, sir," the rookie said.

"Okay," the mentor said. "Like you've just said, we'll run some tests. But I gotta warn you. The boss won't like the idea of a dead killer haunting this town. He ain't gonna believe it. If you say anything...I mean anything. You're out of the force. Got me?"

"I know, sir." The rookie had to agree. Nobody was going to believe that Charles was still alive.

"Anyways, let's go back to the station," the mentor said. "I need some coffee." When he walked out of the hideout, he stepped onto something.

"What's wrong, sir?" The rookie said.

"Jesus Christ," the mentor said. "What's this doing here?"

"What's what doing here?' The rookie was confused.

"Take a look at this." The mentor picked the doll up, and showed it to him.

"A Good Guy doll?" The rookie gasped.

"Yeah," the mentor said. "Can't you see? It almost scared me, when I found it. You know...my youngest son always wanted to have a doll like this."

"I see," the rookie said.

"Yeah," the mentor said. "I'm sure he'll love it."

Next Story- Metamorphosis.