Sivanch's First Fight

Avatar image for thenotoriousheisenblokz
ThenotoriousHeisenblokz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

In order to tell a story you need: characters, development, plot, progressions of the plot, problem, pacing, climax, a resolution, it needs to make sense for your readers, and need some form of entertainment.

Writing a book, novel or comic or telling a form takes time sometimes Months or Years

___Edgar Allen Poe, Frank Miller, Joss Whedon, Christoper Nolan, etc.

Occasionally there's stories that think outside of the box, ones that violate those essential rules and are overall good, they become ground-breaking in ways we could never comprehend, I have a few examples such as:

1. The story that brings stuff up as a sub-plot but it never discussed or mentioned that story lets the audience who has intelligence think for itself.

2. The story that's a Mystery but has a let-down in the end like: An unknown person who neither protagonists know

3. The story with no character development and all action

4. The story that ends in The Beginning or The Middle

5. The story with no plot or conflict, just all out fun or terror where it can end at any moment or any second and you won't know until it ends

6. The story with a deep message that you don't enjoy one where you're not supposed to enjoy

There's a vast variety of ways you or the next big writer could change story-telling maybe well get books with no words that are told entirely with visuals.

I believe in you and I believe you can forever write.

___Morgan Freeman

All of those are great quotes from some of the best writer who tell the best stories, mine will be a little different you'll just have to read I won't spoil it for you.

Ducks from falling swords

Grabs gun from pocket

Wolverine knocks gun out Sivanch's hands

Wolverine gets out his Attimantium claws

Round Two: Fight!

Wolverine swings at Sivanch

Claws hit Sivanch's gun

Sivanch punches Wolverine in the face, shoots Wolverine in the head

The End!

So did you guys see what I did there?

If you didn't I'll tell you what I did:

I started the story out of the middle of nowhere, I confused the audience, they didn't know what was going on, they still didn't in the end, I didn't show any signs of establishment or characterization, and I know but I won't give away the secrets because that'll ruin the mystery.

I believe you guys are intelligent and I believe you can think for yourself.

Reply back and tell me what you thought on the story and what you think happened.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

That's not a story, that's a broken commentary.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@thenotoriousheisenblokz: Well you started with a quote so shall I, from my favourite critics

No Caption Provided

That's not half bad.

You're right, it's all bad!

You spent too much time on your quote and way too much time explaining your eight sentence, 44 word snippet! You also spelt adamantium wrong.

This was an introduction, at best. Hopefully this isn't the finished piece...

ThenotoriousHeisenblokz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: It's story-telling that most people haven't seen and they find it unusual.

ThenotoriousHeisenblokz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 if you're looking for an intriguing well paced thought provoking memorable iconic Masterpiece then this clearly isn't the story for you.

Plus you probably didn't read my introduction explaining what the story is its pure rule breaking entertainment.

Please re-read you might get some actual joy or entertainment :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@thenotoriousheisenblokz: Wow the bit at the end was a bit patronising. Also even though you followed your rules it isn't really a story. In addition your story has no dynamism. It just jolts from piece to piece with nothing in between.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1092

@batkevin74 if you're looking for an intriguing well paced thought provoking memorable iconic Masterpiece then this clearly isn't the story for you.

Plus you probably didn't read my introduction explaining what the story is its pure rule breaking entertainment.

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, but at least let it be a story. This is a synopsis at best, but really, it's just lazy- "let me give you pieces and then you fill in the blanks for me."

The thing about breaking rules is that a) rules are there for a reason, and b) you have to show that you know the rules before anyone will appreciate the way you break them. Otherwise, it just looks like you don't know what you're doing.

Plus, even if this rated as a story, you introduced an unknown named Sivanch. Without knowing that character, who can speculate on it?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By wildvine

It's story-telling that most people haven't seen and they find it unusual.

No, they find it incomplete and jarring.

ThenotoriousHeisenblokz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:
@thenotoriousheisenblokz said:

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, but at least let it be a story. This is a synopsis at best, but really, it's just lazy- "let me give you pieces and then you fill in the blanks for me."

The thing about breaking rules is that a) rules are there for a reason, and b) you have to show that you know the rules before anyone will appreciate the way you break them. Otherwise, it just looks like you don't know what you're doing.

Plus, even if this rated as a story, you introduced an unknown named Sivanch. Without knowing that character, who can speculate on it?

@wildvine said:

@thenotoriousheisenblokz said:

It's story-telling that most people haven't seen and they find it unusual.

No, they find it incomplete and jarring.

Again you guys aren't getting what type of story I'm trying to tell please re-read

Honestly when I wrote this story this was anything but lazy you weren't creative process.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@thenotoriousheisenblokz:

Again you guys aren't getting what type of story I'm trying to tell please re-read

Honestly when I wrote this story this was anything but lazy you weren't creative process.

What is that meant to mean. Besides being bad English, what do you mean by, "You weren't creative process."

Also you've given us an OC character with no physical appearance, no dialogue to help us understand what's going on. Also you are being very thick headed about your objectives (not necessarily a bad thing) even though four different people have dropped comments along the same line. At least respect our views and take what we say as what it is. Constructive Criticism with no real malice attached to it,

Also thanks for completely blanking my earlier comment. It's great to be overlooked.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1092

Let me be plain: I got it. It's just not as good as you think it is.