cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
Stories Based on Songs #10: His Favorite Christmas Story

Hey, everyone! This contest has been kind of limping along, sparse on the entries, and it was decided a couple of contests ago that if it didn't pick up, then #10 would be the last one. Last contest, none of us submitted an entry. So here we are- one last contest. Stumpy49er told me I could pick the song for it, and I decided that since it's Christmas time, I'm going with a favorite Christmas song. It's "His Favorite Christmas Story," by Capital Lights.

This version has the lyrics, but a pretty cool college-made video by TheRescueFilms can be seen here. Check it out!

Rules are simple: base your story on the song, on some aspect of the song, or just on the title of the song, but that's the challenge. Deadline is Monday, January 2nd @11:59PM New York time (Google search "ny time" if you're not sure)- a couple of extra days just to get us past the holidays.

No word limit. Winner gets to say they won the last Stories Based on Songs contest! Thanks for playing! -cb :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contestants:

• ?

Just helps me remember how many to look for when I do the voting thread.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to be honest: I don't think I'm going to make this contest. <sigh>

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have tomorrow off from work. I'll try!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Honestly, I think I picked a good song, but this isn't really the forum for it to work. There's plenty of story there, but I think most will freeze at trying to turn it into something interesting for this forum. I've been kind of apathetic towards it myself though, so no judgment. :}

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stumpy49er

@cbishop: It is a little tough when the song itself is a story of its own. I may try to write a story to parallel this or just something involving a man, a woman and Christmas.

I have a few ideas. That's usually all it takes. That and the will/motivation to write it. ;)

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By stumpy49er

A Hobbits Winter Tale

Nicholaus Took was born and raised in the village of Hardbottle of the Northfarthing region of the Shire, though he left at a young age. Even as a young kid he was adventurous, much to the chagrin of his tedious neighbors.

When he was a young hobbit, he was spotted by a group of traveling elvish actors who asked if he would join in their plays, mostly playing child characters. He was happy to join them. He bid his parents farewell and travelled with the moneyless actors, much to his delight. He was excited to see more of Middle-earth.

One night, as the thriving town of Dale was celebrating the Winter solstice and the prosperity of their neighbor, the great Thror, King under the Mountain.

Nicholaus drank ale with his best friend the half elf, Rolan.

"Lots of mighty fine women here tonight, eh Nick?" Rolan winked at Nicholaus.

"Always the cad, Rolan." Nicholaus countered. "You always love them and leave them."

"Cad? Oh come on, I show them a good time, then I give them freedom." Rolan countered.

"Freedom and a broken heart." Nicholaus retorted.

"You're just mad that we never come across any hobbit women." Rolan said as he gulped down his ale. "Not the adventurous type, are they? They hide out back at the Shire while you and me are up to no good."

Nicholaus stared at his half empty mug of ale. He had no counter to Rolan's argument.

Rolan continued. "What you need is a fat, big breasted human woman. Forget your fellow hobbits. You don't see me pining for elvish women. Look around you."

Nicholaus looked up from his mug to see a bevy of Men and Women dancing, along with many of the elvish actors in their troupe.

"I suppose." Nicholaus responded.

"Speaking of which.." Rolan said as he sprang from his chair and began dancing with a blonde, full bodied human woman. She laughed and danced with him.

Nicholaus drank the rest of his ale and prepared to join in the dancing.

Then he saw her. A beautiful, raven haired hobbit woman. She wore a red dress and walked right up to him.

"Don't see many hobbits this far from the Shire." she said. "What brings you to Dale?"

"Acting troupe." Nicholaus responded. "We are performing the Battle of Greenfields for the King under the Mountain. What about you?"

"Adventure." she responded with a wink, Nicholaus's heart skipped.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Morganite Seyval, from Southfarthing." she answered. "And you?"

"Nicholaus Took, from Northfarthing," he said as he stood up and bowed. "Now, I have a much more important question for you, my dear Morganite."

"What's that?" Morganite giggled.

"Would you like to dance?"

The End

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Sweet! Well, I'm wiped out today, so I'm headed to bed early. If no one else enters, congrats on winning the final SBS. If someone else does enter, then I'll make the voting thread when I get home tomorrow...unless you feel like doing it. Happy New Year! ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Congratulations on winning the last Stories Based on Songs contest! Kind of appropriate since you started it. It was fun! :)

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Stories Based On Songs Contests.

Now to celebrate my victory!

Loading Video...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: This can be unpinned. Stumpy' won, but there is no #11. We decided it's limped along enough- time to put it out of our misery. :}