Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

All characters owned by DC. Rated M

No Caption Provided

Leonard Snart sat in the booth of the Fawcett City Pizzeria & Karaoke bar watching the room. Nobody looked like a cop but as soon as you relaxed your guard, BAM, one shows up and ruins the whole day. Not that he cared nor believed a cop could ever stop him. It was when cops get involved that often lead to trouble of the masked do-gooder kind. And in Fawcett City it was Captain Marvel, a guy on par with Superman. Flash was bad enough.

“Snart.”

Leonard looked up to see Mick Rory aka Heat Wave standing over him flicking a lighter.

“You’re late!” stated Leonard as he slid a menu across the table “Sit. Stop attracting attention.”

No Caption Provided

Mick looked around “Ain’t no cops here.”

“Let’s keep it that way,” Leonard hissed “Now sit.”

Mick took up the menu as he sat “This place feels like its nineteen fifty or something.”

Leonard rolled his eyes and looked at his menu. He’d never liked Heat Wave. Not just because he was almost the polar opposite of him in powers, mainly due to him being an ass and a moron. But he was a Rogue which was at times the only thing that kept Leonard from creating an ice bat and beating him to death.

“Nothing gets past you,” sneered Leonard “Just order something.”

“What about you?”

Leonard slowly placed the menu down and glared at his teammate “I’m not hungry. I’ve been here for an hour already waiting for you and the other late clowns. So order something!”

“I’d tell you to chill, but…” Mick said mockingly as he wobbled the menu at the waitress who scooted over. “Jalapeno chilli fries with mustard.”

“Anything to drink hon?”

“Coffee,” he winked at her making her blush a little as she left.

“She’s what, fifteen?” said Leonard “I know we’re bad guys but you’re closing in on a whole new category.”

No Caption Provided

“Like I care what you think, ice for brains.” Mick replied as he obsessively ignited the lighter over and over. Leonard reached across the table and clamped his hand over Heat Wave’s.

“Stop. It.” Growled Leonard as he pushed Mick’s hands off the table. “Idiot.”

“Reckon you two would make a lovely couple,” crowed George Harkness aka Captain Boomerang as he approached the booth “But you’d have to be the sheila Lennie, coz you’re an ice cold bitch!”

Heat Wave high-fived him as he sat next to him, before taking out a pen and began scribbling on a twenty dollar note. Leonard rolled his eyes. Captain Boomerang would be a world class threat if he wasn’t such a petulant @$$#*! And also such a lazy bastard. And mean, especially when he was drunk. But he’d taken down the Flash singlehandedly which is how he ended up with the Rogues.

“You’re also late,” said Leonard.

“You sound like a galah Lennie. Always flapping your gums making strange noises that just annoy people,” laughed George “Besides, where Mark? Or Evan? Not here so I’m early compared to them.”

“Oh I’ve been here laddies,” said Mirror Master in the reflection of the napkin dispenser “But as much as I like you, I’m not sharing a booth like a bunch of amateurs.”

Leonard looked at the smug reflection and batted it off the table; it skidded across the floor and bounced into the shin of the approaching waitress.

“Smooth,” muttered Heat Wave under his breath as he stood up “Are you okay miss?”

“Yeah,” she replied barely masking her contempt as she stared daggers.

Mick took his food and slipped the note into her top like she was an envelope. “Here, and there’s more where that came from.”

She smiled awkwardly at the fact she’d just been felt up by a middle age man who gave her money, turned on her heels and went back to the kitchen. Heat Wave smiled and extended his hand to be given some skin by Captain Boomerang.

“You two disgust me,” said Leonard as he stood up “Get that to go Mick.”

“Why?”

Leonard stood nose to nose with him and smiled “Because you pyromaniac %$#&*, if I have to watch you fondle a minor in a public place I’m gonna call the Justice League myself.” Leonard shoulder bumped him as he left. Captain Boomerang tried to stifle his laughter but was doing a poor job. Heat Wave upended his fries on Harkness and followed Leonard out.

No Caption Provided

The Rogues gathered on roof of the Solar Centre opposite the McKeon History Museum as the sun went down. Heat Wave, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Weather Wizard, and Abra Kadabra.

“This is your plan Weather Wizard,” said Captain Cold as he checked his cold gun “Bring us all up to speed.”

Mark Mardon aka The Weather Wizard spun his weather wand like a gunfighter in a Western as he stepped forward “It’s simple really. We’re going to steal the Rajah Ruby on loan from the Gotham Museum which is the most heavily guarded item in the McKeon.”

No Caption Provided

“That boyo, sounds like a shite plan!” said Mirror Master “Why don’t we just try and mug Lex Luthor?”

“Well, you stupid ^%$#,” said Weather Wizard “If you’d let me finish, that while we do make a play for the ruby, we’re actually stealing something else. Bait and switch.”

“Are you Martian Manhunter?” asked Heat Wave as he raised his heat gun at Weather Wizard “Coz that’s one of the smartest plans you’ve ever concocted!”

The other Rogues levelled their weapons at him. Weather Wizard raised his hands slowly “I ain’t the green freak.”

Green diamonds floated off Abra Kadabra’s fingers and hovered around Weather Wizard. “He’s who he says he is,” stated the 64th Century magician.

No Caption Provided

Heat Wave turned his gun to him “Maybe you’re the alien?”

“Oh enough!” snapped Captain Cold putting his gun to Heat Wave’s temple “On three, GG’s middle. One, two…three.”

“Cary!” they said in unison.

“We’re all Rogues; we’re all on the same page.” Captain Cold holstered his gun before pointing at the Wizard. “You, on the other hand, where'd you get this plan huh?”

“Muhammad Ali doco.” He replied.

“Heard worse,” said Captain Boomerang “Come up with worse me ‘self. Now what about the big red cheese who protects this fair dinkum city.”

“Oh that’s my department,” said Abra Kadabra as his hand pulsed with a dark energy “I’ve got something for him.”

“A glow stick?” sneered Heat Wave “I feel sooo protected. Let’s go rob a bank in Metropolis next, for ^%$# sake!”

“Oh shut up Mick,” said Weather Wizard “Because what we’re really stealing will make Superman pee his little red pants!”

“THERE’S %&^%$# TWO OF THEM!” screamed Captain Boomerang as he ran for his life through the McKeon History Museum tossing boomerangs behind him. Heat Wave looked up from melting the case to see two flying figures, one in red and one in blue, heading towards them.

“Oh $#!^!” Heat Wave opened up a spray of his heat gun to cover his fleeing comrade but he may as well of sprayed air freshener at them.

No Caption Provided

“You take fire bug, I’ll get Captain Boomerang,” said Captain Marvel as he passed through the flames as if they weren’t there.

“I HAVE A NAME!” yelled Heat Wave.

“Like anyone cares,” scoffed Captain Marvel Jr as he punched him in the gut sending him flying across the room like a ragdoll.

“%^$! ^%%$#! *&^%$!” squealed Captain Boomerang as Marvel grabbed him by the collar as if he were a naughty puppy.

“Trying to steal the Rajah Ruby tsk tsk,” Captain Marvel lifted him up “Tired of the Flash beating you up oraaaaarghhhh!”

“Save the lessons for church!” said Captain Cold as he held the trigger of his cold gun flat to the handle pumping more and more cryonic power into Captain Marvel’s mouth covering his head. “You okay Digger?”

“I am gunna punch Mark in the ahhhh!” He screamed and ducked as Captain Marvel Jr flew at him; dumb luck preventing his head knocked in. Captain Cold wasn’t so lucky getting clotheslined into unconsciousness. Captain Boomerang scrambled to his feet as Captain Marvel shattered the ice cage around his head.

“Now look,” said Boomerang as he knelt in fear of the world’s mightiest mortal “I can see you’re angry mate, I get that. But…” Captain Marvel shot over quicker than a blink and popped him right on the chin knocking him out.

“You okay?” asked Marvel Jr.

“I have an ice-cream headache, on my face,” he replied as he rubbed his cheeks to get feeling back in them. He paused as he looked at his sidekick. “You’re…you’re a reflection?”

Captain Marvel Jr shrugged “Clever boy,” and promptly split into seven other copies of Mirror Master “But how clever?”

Captain Marvel reached out to grab one and stopped as he looked at the multiple Mirror Masters. He paused and folded his arms “Hmmm.”

“Another dumb joarrrghhh!” Captain Marvel’s hand lashed out catching the real Mirror Master by the throat.

“If you’d kept your big mouth shut, I wouldn’t have known.” Captain Marvel smiled “You lot should’ve stayed in Keystone.”

Captain Marvel Jr slammed into an invisible wall of force and hit the floor like a tonne of bricks as Weather Wizard and Abra Kadabra stood over him.

“So is this going to work?” asked Weather Wizard as he tossed small gold cup to Kadabra.

The future wizard’s eyes lit up as he caught it “No idea. But I’ve got what I wanted, the Golden Cup of Ur.”

“Ooo my head!” moaned Junior as he got to his feet.

“Kadabra!” snapped Weather Wizard.

No Caption Provided

“Yeah yeah,” replied Kadabra as he stared lovingly at the cup before snapping back to reality “Okay, ready.” He snapped his fingers, looked the young Marvel in the eyes, and with a voice like mystically laced honey said “Bring your lightning down!”

“CAPTAIN MARVEL!” he yelled. The air filled with ozone as a magical lightning bolt honed in on him. Weather Wizard stuck his wand out, caught the bolt and screamed as he exploded. Freddy Freeman collapsed on the ground huffing and puffing. Kadabra stood there speechless as the Weather Wizard’s body rippled with magical infused power.

“Wow!” laughed Weather Wizard as he flexed his new guns “This is awesome!”

“Captain Marvel!” yelled Freddy but nothing happened. "Captain Marvel?"

“Where is he?” asked Weather Wizard, thunder rumbling in his words “Where is your older brother huh?”

To be continued…

Notes:

The Rajah Ruby and the Golden Cup of Ur come from out of: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Detective_Comics_Vol_1_353

And all places in Fawcett City come from here: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Fawcett_City

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

This was very good. Look forward to more.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1092

#3  Edited By cbishop  Online

@batkevin74: Captain Kadabra? Interesting. Call me out for Part 2 :)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

@batkevin74: This was pretty good. Well research, like most of your work and the comedy was pretty strong in the opening of the story. With the way it's written it's pretty easy to get a feel for the characters early on, even if readers (such as me) aren't familiar with the rogues. The ending had a nice twist too. Instead of making the fight more balanced than the typical oneshot sweep you made the fight more balanced, which added a few layers of complexity to the story, taking it to a higher level.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Was mainly going for the fact that even though they're a team of bad guys, they don't get along like the JLA all buddy-buddy. And was going for like they do in the comics, a two parter :)

@cbishop: Well not quite Captain Kadabra...but that is an excellent idea I may steal off you

@johnny_blaze: Coming up soon :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cbishop  Online

@cbishop: Well not quite Captain Kadabra...but that is an excellent idea I may steal off you

You don't have to steal it. Take it and have at it. Just remember to call me out. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers