Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterOfEvil

No Caption Provided

RISE: The Maggia

"What are we even doing here?"

In an underground ballroom of the ever elegant Styx club in Bagalia, the Maggia gangster, Hammerhead, examined the invitation that was sent to him one more time. All it said was to meet at this club at this time and that only the fearless would be allowed to build the Maggia's future. He wouldn't go along with this normally, however the invite arrived to his men first. He couldn't afford to look weak anymore after the mess with Black Cat and the smaller Spider-Man. Walking in without a second thought, he found various figures who were equally surprised to see him.

"They invited you too, I see."

Hammerhead instantly recognized the man that spoke as Silvermane, the cyborg boss of one of the Maggia groups.

"Enjoying the view? There hasn't been a gathering like this in sometime,"

Scanning the room again, he realized all the people in the room were Maggia leaders from across the world. Before anything could be questioned as to who set this up, the sound of a knife clinking against a glass silenced the room.

"Oh crap.... It's Madame Masque..." murmured Hammerhead.

Descending down the marble staircase, she began speaking about recent events in the superhero communities, the recent Civil War, and the fact that Black Cat, current "queenpin" of New York, is driving her organization into the ground due to her emotions towards the Spiders.

Reaching the bottom of the staircase, she stated, "Gentlemen, I have gone through some recent... changes in my perspective. I don't expect any of you to understand, but being possessed by a demon and painfully exorcised gave me some clarity. Honestly, I want more out of my life and for all of you, my family. I want to do what has never been done before: bring the planet's entire criminal underworld under complete Maggia control."

All of the Maggia lords looked at each other in disbelief.

"You know full well that's never been done before," said Silvermane. "Even with the split amongst the heroes, there's too many other enemies AND not enough resources. That includes if you did take Black Cat's group, which is filled with supervillains. What makes you so confident?"

A deep voice echoed through the suddenly silent room. "Like she said... Family."

Everyone felt a chill up there spine as they turned around and saw her father, Count Nefaria, himself!

At that moment, the Maggia heads realized they now had no choice but to help her.

Masque stood next her to father and said, "If I may continue, I've been reaching out to our allies who have a vested interest in our success. That includes Kingpin, the Hood, and my contacts in HYDRA. I have already begun pulling assets and manpower from Black Cat's group. All I need to cement this is you... Hammerhead."

The entire room turned to him. They all knew he was working with Black Cat directly. They knew he could pull forces from under her nose.

Mumbling several curses under his breath, he openly agreed to help Masque in her takeover.

Sitting what is clearly meant to be a throne, she continued. "We will continue our normal operations in order to not draw attention while also marshaling our individual forces. Eventually, the Cat will run herself ragged going after the Spiders. And when Hammerhead gives the signal, we will strike. She will be cornered and I'll take her head myself."

Accepting what just happened, the meeting ended with each leader leaving to contact their men about what transpired.

Hammerhead stayed behind to speak with the Nefarias. He still wasn't convinced. "Look, boss. I'll help ya, but we're talking about New York. Every super and their mothers is there. What's the plan for them?"

Checking to make sure they were alone, she stepped in close and told him the truth of the matter.

"There's been a gathering. The world's worst monsters under one roof. Gods, demons, aliens, even the goddamn Mandarin. Everyone with an axe to grind against a hero was there. The Maker has already put the wheels in motion and this is the only way we stay in power. Black Cat is HIS target. All I did was assure him I could deliver."

Hammerhead could not have been more confused. "Who is this guy and what does he want with her???"

Count Nefaria simply stated, "Well apparently, she's walking, talking spider bait and barely even knows it."

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked this. Loved how everyone got spooked the moment the Count showed up!

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MasterOfEvil

@guardiandevil83: Thank you so much! And we're talking a room full of street level people while a guy who can no-sell the Avengers walks in. And he knows where they live. They're way more than spooked!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Ah Nefaria, so undersold these days...

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Keep an eye out. I'm bringing in a long time A-lister in my next installment. Thanks for reading!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: I'm not so much of an A-List villain fan, I prefer the Z-List

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@masterofevil: I'm not so much of an A-List villain fan, I prefer the Z-List

That's for damn sure! look out it's the Mandrill! :) :)

Bumped for grouping purposes and ease of finding later

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Pfft too high profile, now the Inquisitor on the other hand...