Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterOfEvil

No Caption Provided

RISE: Loki

"My answer is no."

There were scientists and soldiers everywhere. Each one was quietly observing the scene in front of them. Their leader, the Maker, sat in his chair and gave a very unwelcome intruder a very direct answer. That intruder, however, is not one to be turned down so easily. This was especially true since every gun in the room was pointed at him. However, the intruder, Loki, was neither impressed or worried.

"May I ask why?" Loki said with a tone suggesting he didn't expect a refusal. He began spinning his staff and strolling around the room. As he did, he noticed every weapon moving along with him. "You allowed the Wrecking Crew and the Absorbing Man into your gathering of ghoulish gains. Why not I?"

The Maker rested his head onto his hand as he responded. "Because, despite whatever you call yourself these days, you're Loki. Every single person who ever heard your name knows better than to trust you."

"Stories." Loki came to a halt as he turned to face the Maker's gaze. "Recent events have allowed me to become a god of stories. Lies and deceit were the trade of a Loki you don't know..."

"On the contrary, I know plenty," the Maker interrupted. "I heard from Malekith about you literally stabbing your... mother... in the back. You clearly manage lying as well as always. Hell, I have everyone here monitoring you just to make sure you're actually here."

Loki spun around, only to return to the Maker's stare and gave a smug smile. "You flatter me, Oh Maker! If only your monitors were looking in the right place."

In an instant, Loki was sitting in chair less than a foot away from the Maker's seat. The soldiers immediate adjusted their aim, but the Maker simply signaled them to put the guns down. There was no point to them anymore.

Loki sneered at the soldiers and returned to speaking with the only man in the room that mattered. "Now that I have your full attention, there are plenty of your members who are morbidly untrustworthy. How many spies and illusionists do you own? Yet you don't want the one who exceeds them all?"

The Maker chuckled at the question. "You're a magician, a liar, and a god. I got plenty of each in the first week and twice that in the next. I have every other member of that Dark Council of yours on our side. So, even if I put aside the fact that I don't trust as far as Thor, either of them, could throw you, what purpose could you possibly serve?"

"The impossible." Loki proclaimed without blinking. "Even you, with all your resources and new companions, surely has a task even your best cannot achieve. I've been known to... surpass expectations... if given the opportunity."

The Maker was lost in thought. His point still stood. Loki was not someone who could be trusted. However...

"There is... one thing I need assistance with. A special recruitment. But first, I need to know. What has you so keen on joining us?"

That question was the one question that Loki had trouble answering. This did not go unnoticed. The Maker was now very interested in the answer. "One moment, please."

Touching his ear, he spoke softly to what appeared to someone of great importance. A moment later a bright, red aura appeared next to Loki. A beautiful, red-haired woman appeared before him. Her presence exuded dominance over the entire room.

"Thank you for coming, Madame Pryor. Now, if you'd please."

"Fine, but don't expect anymore house calls." Speaking in an odd language, an energy field enveloped Loki. At that same time, she place her hand on his head as her eyes lit up with energy. "No more tricks and no more lies."

Loki had a clearly sour expression on his face, but the Maker had to ask. "Tell me. What scares you so much that you need me?"

Loki took a deep breath and answered honestly. "History is coming back to bite me. I fear who I was and I need assistance to prevent becoming that person again."

The Maker was surprised at the response. He would have bet money that Loki would be worried about Odin. However, this was useful information.

"Alright, Loki. We'll let you play on our side. Just get this one special individual on our side and you will have our resources at your disposal," the Maker said with a smile.

"Fabulous," a visibly annoyed Loki said while removing Pryor's hand. "So, who is this 'special recruit' and what does he or she desire?"

"Someone who has the eyes to see through your tricks." The Maker ushered Loki to follow him to his personal teleporter. "He wants the mutant known as Elixir to bring back his one and only loved one. But, here's the problem: He refused any assistance from us. He doesn't want anyone to get this guy for him, he doesn't want anyone to assist him in the retrieval, and he doesn't want anyone else to simply bring the mutant to him. He doesn't even want us to transport him to handle things himself. He can't be forced, he can't be fooled, and he can't be convinced otherwise."

Loki heard all this, but still felt confident. "There have been many who said this of themselves."

The Maker laughed at that statement. "Let me put it simply for you. You'd have an easier time convincing Thanos to bow down and kiss your feet than to get this man to move one step for us." Saying this, he entered coordinates that were directed to the Russian outback. "He's heading for Tibet. We located a temple there and it's confirmed to be where Elixir is staying."

"And why aren't you telling me who this man is?" Loki said with curiosity.

The Maker turned around with a grin so sadistic that even Loki was uncomfortable. "You never asked!" Pulling a lever, Loki was thrust into the Russian tundra.

Loki heard the footsteps. Each one was growing more ferocious than the last. He immediately noticed that he was standing in snow. The fact the footsteps could be this powerful succeeded in getting him a little worried. He turned slowly and carefully as the last step was right behind him.

"What in the Hel are you?" Loki said with a terrified sweat.

No Caption Provided

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NightSky86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's really amazing here is the dialogue, it feels like the characters would say this in a Marvel story

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightsky86: I appreciate that! I always make sure to use the characters actual mannerisms in my writing. Feel free to check out my other stuff.