RichGenX's Library - The Story of The Windlenot Museum

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RichGenX

Since I started placing The Story of the Windlenot Museum up on Comic Vine, I am doing with it what I did with Changes.

The Story of The Windlenot Museum was started in early 2005, and was in part inspired by my adaptation of the game Eternal Darkness. With that story, I had added two characters to work around two of the games iconic mechanics that made such a task difficult. Working on that story, I had the idea to attempt it with Shivers. Shivers is a game that adopted the mechanics that made Myst work so well, and put them in a horror setting. The game was more free flowing in its mechanics, setting very few items in stone in when they must happen. This, however, was only a one person adventure, with an unnamed male protagonist. By adding two more characters, it allowed me to make it a more interesting adventure to document. It was while watching one of the daytime marathons on Sci-Fi Network (Syfy at the time of this initial posting) where I got my final brainstorm for this fic: making one of those character Carl Kolchak. Not wanting him to be the primary focus, I didn't fully reveal that detail until the third or fourth chapter.

The last chapter had been posted up on Fanfiction.net back in September 2010. During the course of writing the fic, the series saw a reboot on television, and the lead from show passed away. I also laid the ground work for a possible sequel, but never started it.

Of all my fics currently on Fanfiction.net, it is my sixth most popular story, bringing in 5% of all the hits my stories there have gotten.

All that aside, let me give you some basic information on The Story of The Windlenot Museum.

The Story of The Windlenot Museum tells the events of the game Shivers, in the form of a reporter coming to do a story on the anniversary of some disappearances. Ironically, the reporter ends up being Carl Kolchak. With his arrival at the museum's grounds, he ends up meeting one local teen. Shortly after that, they both end up trapped on the grounds with another teen who was dared to spend the night there. This leads them all to finding out the true history of disappearances, as well as solving the mystery, capturing centuries old demons.

Below in the table, are all the current links to Changes on ComicVine, Fanfiction.net, and Archive of Our Own. It will get updated as more is posted up here on Comic Vine.

Comic Vine LinksFanfiction.net LinksArchive of Our Own Links
Chapter 1: Arrival At DuskChapter 1: Arrival At DuskChapter 1: Arrival At Dusk
Chapter 2: Entrance PatternsChapter 2: Entrance PatternsChapter 2: Entrance Patterns
Chapter 3: Otherworldly EncountersChapter 3: Otherworldly EncountersChapter 3: Otherworldly Encounters
Chapter 4: Terror In The OfficeChapter 4: Terror In The OfficeChapter 4: Terror In The Office
Chapter 5: Researching The EnemyChapter 5: Researching The EnemyChapter 5: Researching The Enemy
Chapter 6: Clues On FilmChapter 6: Clues On FilmChapter 6: Clues On Film
Chapter 7: Revealed YouthChapter 7: Revealed YouthChapter 7: Revealed Youth
Chapter 8: Tombs Of HealingChapter 8: Tombs Of HealingChapter 8: Tombs Of Healing
Chapter 9: Gods And DemonsChapter 9: Gods And DemonsChapter 9: Gods And Demons
Chapter 10: Hidden SecretsChapter 10: Hidden SecretsChapter 10: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 11: Riddles and FortunesChapter 11: Riddles and FortunesChapter 11: Riddles and Fortunes
Chapter 12: Final PunishmentsChapter 12: Final PunishmentsChapter 12: Final Punishments
Chapter 13: Pots and RiddlesChapter 13: Pots and RiddlesChapter 13: Pots and Riddles
Chapter 14: Darkest DepthsChapter 14: Darkest DepthsChapter 14: Darkest Depths
Chapter 15: Ixupi HuntChapter 15: Ixupi HuntChapter 15: Ixupi Hunt
Chapter 16: Wood RiddlesChapter 16: Wood RiddlesChapter 16: Wood Riddles
Chapter 17: Slide To VictoryChapter 17: Slide To VictoryChapter 17: Slide To Victory
Chapter 18: Relax, Don’t Get UpdykeChapter 18: Relax, Don’t Get UpdykeChapter 18: Relax, Don’t Get Updyke