RichGenX's Library - The Cale Storyline 13.5 - Mutants In Wilson

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RichGenX

Well, here is a story that won't see a rewrite. This is mainly due to its unique nature, combining the fact that it was a Halloween story, and its ties to real life. That is the beauty of the story title Mutants In Wilson.

When I wrote this tale, it was towards the end of the life of the website Kindred Spirits, an unofficial Generation X fan site. I had been contributing to the site for a few years, The Cale Storyline being the backbone of the site's fanfiction part, (and the initial start of the site's fanfiction part), and it was the third year the webmistress decided there would be a Halloween contest. I had won the fic part of the contest the first year she did it, but didn't take part in the second one. I had decided to do it that year because of the inspiration I had that year.

One of those inspirations had been my finding my wife. I had ended up meeting her in the year of that contest. Such an moment in my life had to be commemorated, and I chose this story for that.

The second inspiration had been the most recent revival of a classic of television, The Twilight Zone. In 2002, the show saw a revival with Forrest Whittaker hosting it. Not only did they do updated versions of classic stories, they even continued the stories of some of the old classics. With some of the stories that would appear on this series, it gave me the perfect inspiration for the tale.

It is unlikely that I will ever rewrite this story, and since it was done as a Halloween story, including it in the Cale Storyline, however, I will include the original link on here, at least to fanfiction.net.

Comic VineFanfiction.net
Mutants In WilsonMutants In Wilson