RichGenX's Library - Legendary Heroes (Gauntlet: Dark Legacy)

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RichGenX

The past few days, I got to thinking about one of the fics that I haven't set up to post up on Comic Vine, and lately I starting wondering why I hadn't decided to do this one. The story in question is one I called Legendary Heroes.

There is a whole story about this one. I actually started this story in 2002, and it was under the title Heroes To Legends. I had this grand plan for the fic that it would have chapters that details the backstories of the eight playable roles, as well as Sumner, the wizard that summons the heroes together, then a chapter for each boss, and a chapter for each level of the game, finishing it off with a final chapter for each of the roles. They were also all going to be told from the POV of the main hero of each section, in a first person limited view. After getting four of the nine planned chapters done, I started struggling with the fifth, and it stalled for about a decade.

When I started working on my rewrite of The Cale Storyline, I found my mind drifting back to the old incomplete story. While I only had nine chapters planned out, I finally figured now was the time to tackle it again, but in a different format. I gave up the First Person Perspective, and switched it to a third person perspective. This time, the stories flowed easier, and I was able to get all nine of those planned out chapters done, the first four being complete rewrites.

The following tables will contain links to the chapters as they get posted here on Comic Vine, and on all other sites. The first four chapters will have links to the original versions of them as well.

Comic Vines LinksFanfiction.net LinksFanfiction.net Links (Original)Archive Of Our Own LinksAudio
Chapter 1: Forsaken HeroChapter 1: Forsaken HeroChapter 1: Forsaken HeroChapter 1: Forsaken HeroChapter 1: Forsaken Hero
Chapter 2: Beastly BarbarianChapter 2: Beastly BarbarianChapter 2: Beastly BarbarianChapter 2: Beastly BarbarianChapter 2: Beastly Barbarian
Chapter 3: Flight of the ValkyrieChapter 3: Flight of the ValkyrieChapter 3: Flight of the ValkyrieChapter 3: Flight of the ValkyrieChapter 3: Flight of the Valkyrie
Chapter 4: Dark Cloud, Dark KnightChapter 4: Dark Cloud, Dark KnightChapter 4: Dark Cloud, Dark KnightChapter 4: Dark Cloud, Dark KnightChapter 4: Dark Cloud, Dark Knight
Comic Vine LinksFanfiction.net LinksArchive Of Our Own LinksAudio
Chapter 5: Tiger, Spider, Burning BrightChapter 5: Tiger, Spider, Burning BrightChapter 5: Tiger, Spider, Burning BrightChapter 5: Tiger, Spider, Burning Bright
Chapter 6: Genie, Not DjinnChapter 6: Genie, Not DjinnChapter 6: Genie, Not DjinnChapter 6: Genie, Not Djinn
Chapter 7: An Ogre ProblemChapter 7: An Ogre ProblemChapter 7: An Ogre ProblemChapter 7: An Ogre Problem
Chapter 8: In My Father’s ShadowChapter 8: In My Father’s ShadowChapter 8: In My Father’s ShadowChapter 8: In My Father's Shadow
Chapter 9: Oh, BrotherChapter 9: Oh, BrotherChapter 9: Oh, BrotherChapter 9: Oh, Brother
Comic Vine LinksFanfiction.net LinksArchive Of Our Own LinksAudio
Chapter 10: The Brother's CurseChapter 10: The Brother's CurseChapter 10: The Brother's CurseChapter 10: The Brother's Curse
Chapter 11: The Fire On The MountainChapter 11: The Fire On The MountainChapter 11: The Fire On The MountainChapter 11: The Fire On The Mountain
Chapter 12: The Fallen CastleChapter 12: The Fallen CastleChapter 12: The Fallen CastleChapter 12: The Fallen Castle
Chapter 13: Poisoning the PureChapter 13: Poisoning the PureChapter 13: Poisoning the PureChapter 13: Poisoning the Pure
Chapter 14: The Web Is WeavedChapter 14: The Web Is WeavedChapter 14: The Web Is WeavedChapter 14: The Web Is Weaved
Chapter 15: Never Make WishesChapter 15: Never Make WishesChapter 15: Never Make WishesChapter 15: Never Make Wishes
Chapter 16: Into The Toxic MineChapter 16: Into The Toxic MineChapter 16: Into The Toxic MineChapter 16: Into The Toxic Mine
Chapter 17: (untitled Shadow Wraith chapter)Chapter 17: (untitled Shadow Wraith chapter)Chapter 17: (untitled Shadow Wraith chapter)Chapter 17: (untitled Shadow Wraith chapter)
(possible Skorne or Garm chapter)(possible Skorne or Garm chapter)(possible Skorne or Garm chapter)(possible Skorne or Garm chapter)