RichGenX's Library - From Their Eyes (SOTC)

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RichGenX

Well, it is time to take a chance, and this little project is a good one to do it with. So far, all the fics I have shared on here have been linked to Comics. So, I'm going to start placing From Their Eyes up here.

What's so special about this fic, you may ask. Well, From Their Eyes is my most ambitious project. It is an adaptation of the game Shadow Of The Colossus, telling the story of the game from the points of view of the Colossi. That may not sound too original. Here is the thing about it. I have never played the game. I've listened to the music, after getting exposed to it via a podcast called Into The Score. The music was so haunting, I hunted down the playthroughs on YouTube. After watching them, the idea come to me to write the story from the point of view of the Colossi. Due to the minimalist nature of the development team when it came to this game, and its preceding game, Ico, it left a lot of leeway when it came to developing backstories for each of the Colossi, as well as putting things I've gathered from the music of the game, and watching the playthroughs.

Since I started this project, I have received very favorable reviews, for my unique place in the fandom, and for the emotions I invoke in people who have played the game, and are replaying the game. Shadow of the Colossus is one of those games that tends to stick with people. It has been released multiple times on the various consoles that Playstation makes, and is heralded as a masterpiece of the video game medium.

From Their Eyes has been getting a lot of hits on Fanfiction.net since it has been first published. Last year, in the early part of the year, I added it to Archive Of Our Own. So now I shall start placing it up here. Ironically, it is as it nears its final chapters. With them, I take an ambitious move, by taking a guess where The Last Guardian goes in the timeline that consists of Shadow Of The Colossus, and Ico.

In the table below will be all the links to From Their Eyes. I know I take a chance with putting it up here, but from what I've seen, some non comic fics have been allowed on here, so here goes.

Comic Vine LinksFanfiction.net LinksArchive Of Our Own LinksAudio
Chapter 1: A Plan Set In MotionChapter 1: A Plan Set In MotionChapter 1: A Plan Set In MotionChapter 1: A Plan Set In Motion
Chapter 2: The Lone MinotaurChapter 2: The Lone MinotaurChapter 2: The Lone MinotaurChapter 2: The Lone Minotaur
Chapter 3: Curious ColossiChapter 3: Curious ColossiChapter 3: Curious ColossiChapter 3: Curious Colossi
Chapter 4: Solitude Of The SwordsmanChapter 4: Solitude Of The SwordsmanChapter 4: Solitude Of The SwordsmanChapter 4: Solitude Of The Swordsman
Chapter 5: Sacred StallionChapter 5: Sacred StallionChapter 5: Sacred StallionChapter 5: Sacred Stallion
Chapter 6: Taking WingChapter 6: Taking WingChapter 6: Taking WingChapter 6: Taking Wing
Chapter 7: Colossal CombatChapter 7: Colossal CombatChapter 7: Colossal CombatChapter 7: Colossal Combat
Chapter 8: Aquatic AdversariesChapter 8: Aquatic AdversariesChapter 8: Aquatic AdversariesChapter 8: Aquatic Adversaries
Chapter 9: Revenging ReptileChapter 9: Revenging ReptileChapter 9: Revenging ReptileChapter 9: Revenging Reptile
Chapter 10: Terror In The MistChapter 10: Terror In The MistChapter 10: Terror In The MistChapter 10: Terror In The Mist
Chapter 11: Hunger of the SandsChapter 11: Hunger of the SandsChapter 11: Hunger of the SandsChapter 11: Hunger of the Sands
Chapter 12: Fire Will Not Kill MeChapter 12: Fire Will Not Kill MeChapter 12: Fire Will Not Kill MeChapter 12: Fire Will Not Kill Me
Chapter 13: I Do Have EyesChapter 13: I Do Have EyesChapter 13: I Do Have EyesChapter 13: I Do Have Eyes
Chapter 14: Care Free No MoreChapter 14: Care Free No MoreChapter 14: Care Free No MoreChapter 14: Care Free No More
Chapter 15: Chase in the Overgrown RuinsChapter 15: Chase in the Overgrown RuinsChapter 15: Chase in the Overgrown RuinsChapter 15: Chase in the Overgrown Ruins
Chapter 16: On The Old Palace GroundsChapter 16: On The Old Palace GroundsChapter 16: On The Old Palace GroundsChapter 16: On The Old Palace Grounds
Chapter 17: The Final Hero FallsChapter 17: The Final Hero FallsChapter 17: The Final Hero FallsChapter 17: The Final Hero Falls
Chapter 18: Plan Thwarted All According To PlanChapter 18: Plan Thwarted All According To PlanChapter 18: Plan Thwarted All According To PlanChapter 18: Plan Thwarted All According To Plan
Chapter 19: The Queen's SacrificeChapter 19: The Queen's SacrificeChapter 19: The Queen's SacrificeChapter 19: The Queen's Sacrifice
Chapter 20: The Master Finally FallsChapter 20: The Master Finally FallsChapter 20: The Master Finally FallsChapter 20: The Master Finally Falls