Red Herring 1

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deathbymanga

It was raining. I got that from Nygma’s clothes: soaking wet. The Bat’s cape was still dry. Must keep a heating unit on at dries it out. Pretty smart. Might run into Freiz or that ol’ electrocutioner. Don’t want to be too cold or wet on a night like this.

Nygma had a nasty black eye, must have told a particularly bad riddle this time around. Wondering just what led to his capture this time. Did he write down his address using the first letter of every line? Or did he simply post a negative of his location along with his riddle? I swear, the guy’s been loosing his touch.

“Hey bats, nice catch you got there. How long did it take ya this time aroun’?”

Bats just ignored me and made his way. Bad call. “Puddin's" been causing a lot of problems lately, and it getting too close to comfort.

“I’ve been trying to get your attention for the past month or two batsie. I mean really, what’s a gal gotsa do ta gets some attention nowadays. Do I gotta give you a nuddie show? I hear Selina’s out of town, touring paris. Can’t say the same for Ivy. She’s been awol for some time now.”

Then for a brief pause to play the act of surprise. “Hey! Isn’t that the same time around that Crane got out? I hear that was one of Mista J’s break in’s. It’s a shame we’ve been on a break lately. He could have sprung me loose as well.”

I saw those pretty little bat-ears perk at that. The great detective must have known about the relation to those break-ins into arkham, but he didn’t have the know-how that I gots from being that Joke’s lova.

“what do you know? Are Crane and the Joker working together?” Bats threw Nygma into the guards ahead of him, making his way back to my cell.

My cell. This place use to be riddled with photographs and drawings I’d make of that joke. That stupid jerk. But now, it’s been blank, because now my head isn’t filled with thoughts of that idiot and how much I love him.

My heads a lot clearer now, and I can think plenty about what I need to do.

“Where is he! What’s he planning!” The bats was getting antsy. I could see the crows feet purking up through his cowl.

“Careful bats. Stay up too late and you’ll fall asleep in the batmobile and take a dive. Or is it always in autopilot?”

“I don’t need this Harley, either tell me what you know or I’m walking.”

“Fine! First sessions are always free.” I gave a playful smirk. Bats was always fun to play with. He was always more gentle than that Joke, and I could read him so much better. “Joker’s been planning something for months. Why do you think Crane and Ivy are gone and haven’t been active at all? They’ve been planning!”

“What are they planning?” His hands were gripping the litte air holes to my cell. He must be getting desperate if he’s that quick to start asking me for help.

“Think bats, give and take. I’ll set you on the right path, but you’ll need my help to catch them bat.”

I stroked my index along his as it slipped through that little hole to my cell. He flicked me away and pulled himself up, turning away. My little performance was going great. Now I just needed to lay cherry on top.

“Think Batsy! What does Ivy, Crane, and Mistah J’s MO’s all have in common? You got to think about why they would all be together and not me. What do Crane and Ivy offer that I can’t?”

As he walked away, I gave a pretty loud giggle, proud of my performance as I kept the bat’s going down the path I needed of him

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: i dont get this? Story is okay but it doesnt make sense on who is talking? Is it joker or riddler or even batman? i think its the joker but it isnt very clear, well to me at least. Is there any more?

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: It's Harley. I thought the use of nicknames like "Puddin" made that obvious

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: ahh it all makes sense now, earlier not a clue but now. Thanks

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: you haven't commented on the second chapter, any thoughts there?