Race for the Cure Part 1 (X-Men Fan Fic)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Title: Race for the Cure Part 1

Author: Rabbitearsblog

Universe: X-Men

Rating: T - some bloody violence.  

Summary:  When Mr. Sinister infects Wolverine with a lethal power sucking ooze that slowly takes away his life, Kitty and Storm must find the cure before it's too late!

Notes: Please be gentle with the criticisms!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prologue:

Somewhere in space, there is an abandoned space station where it seems that no one, mainly human beings, know about its existence.   However, there is one being who knows about the mysterious space station’s whereabouts and he is currently occupying the empty space station.   This mysterious being is no ordinary human, as he possesses such powers that many would considered to be inhuman or even powers that a “mutant” would possess, but he uses these powers to his advantage.   Also, this mysterious being possesses great knowledge about science and biology that the likes has never seen and he is known to use such great knowledge to his own needs, even if his needs are quite evil.   It turns out however, that inside the abandoned space station, there is a lab where the being is at work, creating a green orb that contains some blue liquid that would decide the fate of the world.   The being then pours the remaining blue liquid inside one of the green orbs he had just created and laughs wickedly:

“Ha, ha, ha! At last, my little experiment is completed!   This little experiment I have just created will test the limits of the powers of the mutant race, while also giving me the power to rule the world to my liking.   Once these green orbs prove to be successful in carrying out their mission, then not only will the mutant race fall to my feet, but the human race as well!” The mysterious being then laughs evilly while his blue cape flaps around himself in a dramatic manner as he walks away to fulfill his evil plan.

Chapter 1: Death…

On a hillside near the Xavier Institute, a young woman named Kitty Pryde, codename SHADOWCAT, is sitting alone on the hillside, thinking about what had just currently happened.   When Kitty first joined the X-Men, she never would have thought that there would be so many dangerous missions that the X-Men would have to be involved in to pursue Professor Xavier’s dreams of promoting peace between the mutants and the humans.   For as long as Kitty has been with the X-Men, she has experienced many strange occurrences that happened to the X-Men, which included the unusual resurrection of Piotr Rasputin, codename COLOSSUS, which she has true feelings for and the recent event where the ghost of a young mutant girl started haunting the Institute and the X-Men tried to defeat her from harming anymore students.   It was after the conflict with the ghost girl that Kitty started thinking about the concept of death and how it affected her.   When Piotr died trying to save all the mutants from the legacy virus, Kitty was deeply affected by that and decided to leave the X-Men for awhile because of his death, since she could not bear reliving the memories of Piotr’s presence in the X-Men and the painful realization that Piotr might never come back to her was truly unbearable.   But, when Piotr was suddenly resurrected by Ord only to be tortured as an experiment, she was angry, yes, but she was also shocked that such a miracle has happened to her since she believed that Piotr was gone from her forever. When it came to death, Kitty was more frightened about losing the man she loved rather than the whole concept of death.   What would happen if Kitty lost another person she truly cared about?   Someone like…

“Hey Pumpkin!” a gruff voice called out.

Kitty turned around and smiled. James “Logan” Howlett, codename WOLVERINE, came trudging up the hill towards Kitty and said, “What’cha doing here by your lonesome?”

“Oh nothing. Just thinking about some random stuff,” said Kitty.

Logan sat down next to Kitty.

“You wanna talk about it anyway?” asked Logan.

Kitty sat up straighter and asked, “Logan, did you ever think about what it’s like to die?”

Logan lowered his head a bit and said, “Kid, I’ve been through heck and back with so many thugs trying to kill me for years, so I guess Death never really crossed my mind.   Why you’re asking?”

Kitty shrugged and said, “Well recently, me, Piotr and Kurt were fighting this scary ghost girl (you weren’t here) and she was telling us about how she had to suffer death when she got burned up in the Institute many years ago.”

“Ouch, that’s something you don’t want to think about,” said Logan.

“Yeah, I know.   Anyway, it got me thinking about…” Kitty paused for a second, trying to find the right words without embarrassing herself.  “Well, you know when we all thought that Piotr was dead when he killed himself when the legacy virus broke out?   Well, I was thinking about what would have happened if Piotr had never been resurrected. Would I be more scared about Death because I know that the person I…I mean “we” care about would never come back from it?”

“You mean how things would have been if Petey never came back?   Well, for one thing, you would be a mess worrying your pretty little head about it,” said Logan.

“Hey! I would not! I mean, would miss him a little bit…” started Kitty.

“A little bit?” asked Logan slyly.

“Alright! A lot, but you would have missed him too, since you’re good friends with him, wouldn’t you?” said Kitty.

“Yeah, actually. Me and Petey go way back and his death affected me just as much. As far as Death is concern, there are far scarier things I’ve faced in my lifetime,” said Logan.

“I guess you’re right. You know, you’re so easy to talk to Logan,” said Kitty.

“You too, pumpkin,” said Logan.

“Hello Logan! Hello Kitten!” a regal voice called out.

Both Kitty and Logan turned around and saw Ororo Munroe, codename STORM, walk up towards them.

“Hey Ororo!” both Kitty and Logan shouted.

“Hello!   What are you two doing here?” asked Ororo.

“Oh, we’re just talking about some stuff,” said Kitty.

Ororo looked at Kitty intently and said, “Ah yes, I know about what it is like to talk about some things that might make you feel uncomfortable. I had those times as well.”

“Really? Like what?” asked Kitty.

“Well for instance…” started Storm.

Suddenly, a siren sounded out which came from the institute which was calling out the senior X-Men members to the Computer Room.  

“Uh oh, that doesn’t sound good,” said Logan seriously.

“It’s got to be something really bad,” said Kitty.

“Come, we must find out what is happening,” said Ororo.

The three X-Men then stood up and ran towards the Computer Room.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Okay: “Hey Ororo!” both Kitty and Logan shouted. I honestly don't think Wolverine has shouted a heartfelt greeting in unison with anyone, ever the history of everness! But asides from that, this is good. Your prologue does tend to repeat itself with the constant reminder that its an empty space station but overall I like this. Looking forward to reading your next few chapters. Good work, keep it up

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@Rabbitearsblog: @Rabbitearsblog said:

Somewhere in space, there is an abandoned space station where it seems that no one, mainly human beings, know about its existence. However, there is one being who knows about the mysterious space station’s whereabouts and he is currently occupying the empty space station. This mysterious being is no ordinary human, as he possesses such powers that many would considered to be inhuman or even powers that a “mutant” would possess, but he uses these powers to his advantage. Also, this mysterious being possesses great knowledge about science and biology that the likes has never seen and he is known to use such great knowledge to his own needs, even if his needs are quite evil. It turns out however, that inside the abandoned space station, there is a lab where the being is at work, creating a green orb that contains some blue liquid that would decide the fate of the world. The being then pours the remaining blue liquid inside one of the green orbs he had just created and laughs wickedly:

“Ha, ha, ha! At last, my little experiment is completed! This little experiment I have just created will test the limits of the powers of the mutant race, while also giving me the power to rule the world to my liking. Once these green orbs prove to be successful in carrying out their mission, then not only will the mutant race fall to my feet, but the human race as well!” The mysterious being then laughs evilly while his blue cape flaps around himself in a dramatic manner as he walks away to fulfill his evil plan.

I get the idea that you're trying to create a mystery man, it just doesn't quite work for me (it's either Mr Sinister or High Evolutionary but you mention a blue cape so its Mr Sinister right)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
@4donkeyjohnson said:
Okay: “Hey Ororo!” both Kitty and Logan shouted. I honestly don't think Wolverine has shouted a heartfelt greeting in unison with anyone, ever the history of everness! But asides from that, this is good. Your prologue does tend to repeat itself with the constant reminder that its an empty space station but overall I like this. Looking forward to reading your next few chapters. Good work, keep it up
Thanks! I'm glad you're liking this chapter so far!  Yeah, I forgot that Wolverine doesn't greet people very easily and I got to work on not repeating so much stuff in my fan fiction, but thanks for the review!