wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Find more Pyromania here. Pyroverse library

Captain Creep, Punchline, and Jack O'lantern are original characters, but are based off owned characters. Joker, Harley and The Answer are property of DC comics. Sleepwalker is property of Marvel comics.

In the year 2050, outbreaks of the deadly Cloud Burst bacteria began to occur in all the major cities. Panic spread as people saw their neighbors devoured alive by the microscopic monster. It was LexCorp that came to the rescue. Creating a vaccine with suspicious timing. Bizarrely enough, no trace of the bacteria was ever found as all the infected were destroyed. Along with the LexCorp samples.

Less then one year later Bruce Wayne is assassinated at a charity fundraiser event. Conspiracy theorists point the finger at Deadshot, despite him being an inmate at Black gate prison at the time. Wayne Enterprise was quickly overtaken by LexCorp, now called OmniCorp. Stark Industries was soon after taken over. Mr Stark has only spoken to the public through a spokesperson. There's talk of an early retirement. Conspiracy theorists have thoughts on that too.

Its a bleak future where a strict curfew is imposed on the citizens. Where captured vigilantes are sentenced worse then the criminals they catch. Where unregistered meta-humans can be executed on sight. But in every era there are champions and heroes. No matter how unlikely....

2020 Metropolis City. Now.

The full yellow moon looked down on an eclectic group standing in a grubby ally. Some paced around. One hung upside down from the fire escape. A woman dressed in purple tapped the communicator in her ear. On her hands are big white gloves, like cartoon characters used to wear. "I have a question." She said in a practiced way.

"I am the answer." Was the dry response.

"Last minute check in Newspaper man. We are outside the OmniCorp research lab, and are ready to make some trouble." She said flippantly, but felt a little nervous inside.

"Mission is the same. Obtain the black diamond at all costs. That is my Answer." The line disconnected with a audio crackle that made Punchline wince. She turned and looked at the assembled. That she was leader of anything was proof enough of a world gone horribly wrong.

"Okay freaks. Mission is a go. Sleepwalker," The alien was leaned against the ally wall indifferently. He didn't really believe in their methods. But he was in for the cause. So he sucked it up. Mostly. "You warp the front door loose. Then hit the basement and make a big mess." He nodded, but didn't move.

"Jack" She turned to Jack O'Lantern, who was juggling pumpkin bombs he had liberated from one of Green Goblins old hidey holes. One of Goblins gliders hovered nearby, attuned to his body movements. He was dressed like a Victorian gentleman, but his outdated outfit concealing the carbonadium armor of the Moon Knight. His left gauntlet could spray Fear toxin at close range. "You take Captain Creep to the roof. Make a grand entrance boys."

"The best entrances have fireworks." Jack snickered, and caressed a pumpkin bomb lovingly in his palm.

"Ooh, I was about to say that. Haha!" Captain Creep grinned a wide grin, still hanging upside down from the fire escape. His unbrushed green hair hung in tangled clumps. She couldn't help but smile. Her wild brother had that affect on her. His sonic laugh might make others writhe in pain, desperately clutching their ears, but it lifted her spirit. She looked at her last teammate, Fun House.

"You and me are after the payload. We have to act fast while the distraction is on." Fun House just chuckled. He was the tallest of the group, and the most brightly dressed. Like a yellow and purple jester. His weapons were lethal toys. Exploding baby dolls, acid squirting flowers. Other Joker-esq weapons. It occurred to her that Sleepwalker was the only one not grinning insanely. That made her grin even harder.

"A word of prayer before we go in?" She suggested. Captain Creep was instantly serious as he relaxed his toe grip on the fire escape and flipped to the ground. He joined hands with Jack and Fun House, and her. Everyone bowed their heads, except Sleepwalker, who declined to join them. "Our Joker who laughs in Heaven. We ask that you would grin on our mission of chaos. For we know as you did, that anarchy is the only true consistency in life, and the only thing we can rely upon."

Captain Creep went next. "Help us to promote insanity worthy of you. The kind of insanity that would curl a bats cape." He stopped.

"And to teach the masses to fear. To salt their safe sleep with the seeds of nightmares." Jack O'Lantern picked the prayer up. "For fear is the only true proof of life. Therefore fear is life."

"And we know you will return one day to fix everything. To dash the organized to pieces like cheap toys." Fun House added. "But we will continue the calling of disruption until that day."

"And we ask Saint Harley to look after us with her motherly love, as our patron saint. Deliver us this day some madness..." Punchline finished up.

"Amen." The assembled maniacs murmured.

"Are you ready?" She asked Captain Creep once more.

"Make'm laugh." He replied with a grin, and offered his fist.

"Make them scream." She replied, and punched his fist. It was a joke from their childhood.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Bruce Wayne is dead.....:'(

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wildvine  Moderator
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: No it didn't. Did he at least go out in a Blaze of Glory?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wildvine  Moderator
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: So that means that it was a head shot?

Now that I think about it Bruce Wayne is dead, but The Batman isn't! Batman never dies, it's a law of physics.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@wildvine: So that means that it was a head shot?

Now that I think about it Bruce Wayne is dead, but The Batman isn't! Batman never dies, it's a law of physics.

Wayne is dead, but Batman will live on in some form.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@wildvine: Okay, I was about to break up with you and ask you to give me all my stuff back. ;)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Pyrogram

Your writing has improved crazily. The pacing and fluidity of this is awesome. Super enjoyable. Yet again, I am left in awe that you even decided to write anything in a verse with me! Love it. Captain creep cold turn crazy >.<

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wildvine  Moderator

@pyrogram

Aw, thank you. Can I ask, was it too short? I was afraid my recent stories were too long.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Pyrogram

@wildvine: I never mind about length. Perfect as you ended it.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By dngn4774

@wildvine: Interesting to say the least. Once again you have a good setting with an interesting premise. I don't usually decide on OC's for the first couple of issues but I currently like them.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wildvine  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

@wildvine: Interest to say the least. Once again you have a good setting with an interesting premise. I don't usually decide on OC's for the first couple of issues but I currently like them.

Oh score! Thanks for reading.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wildvine  Moderator

This was fun. Why didn't I continue it?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@wildvine: Honestly?

You're a bit fickle and lazy. Then you got Mod-ed which led to being busy, so your priorities changed. Plus Pyro drifted off.

You should kick it back to life in 2017