Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Tazirai
No Caption Provided

--- A middle aged Psylocke enters the next adventure part of her life. A member of her past is in need of help. Betsy willingly offers her support.---

-Earth 42356

The more things change (Beccles Township)

Part 2

(Friday)

"Psylocke!" Betsy said to herself. She hadn't used that moniker in years. Of course when she spoke to Storm or Dazzler, they still tended to use code names. But only during chats. This was the first time her using it in an "Official" capacity. She stood looking at herself in the mirror. Even though she had put on a few stones, she still had the womanly curves that had made her a famous model. She was always known as the "girly" X-man, and she was okay with that title.

The drive to Beccles would take about two hours. She wore the magenta bodysuit for the drive, and kept the armoured components within the trunk area. She missed the days of having Gateway teleport her to and fro. She'd give him a location Telepathically, and he then sent the team on their merry way. His range was incredible. Betsy was never much in a hurry, but she knew this time, she needed to. But even still when she stopped for fuel, she sat at a table to go over the files on the Child.

She had taken care of Warpie children in her time, even let many of them stay at the mansion. Most had abnormalities that made them easy targets. But unlike most American mutants, they didn't face the persecution mutants did. They were however a reminder of the Jaspers warp event. The event that took away her lover Tom Lennox, and changed England forever. The child she was looking for, Tyree Moore, looked fairly normal except for the twinkle in his eye. Was a short child of Biracial descent, with curly brown hair, and light brown complexion.

As a Telepath, she could find specific minds if she had previously made contact with it, or had a well-known understanding of her subject. But she needed to be at least within a 10 mile radius to do such a Psychic search. Gabriel had left files behind to give her as much info as possible. To do a more precise search, she would visit the site of the victims. Luckily, or unfortunately they occurred less than 5 months ago, or shorter.

Arriving in town Betsy donned her complete costume. Paying a visit to the local constables precinct, she wanted to tell them of her investigations for the next couple days, but not the exact reason. The documents she'd gotten from Gabriel helped give her the leeway she'd need to work in the town. Also being something of a celebrity from her modeling days, and being the sister to Captain Britain helped. She made something of a scene going to and leaving the precinct.

It wasn't common to see Super-heroes in Beccles, a small market town. Sure they'd been seen on the Telly, but in person? Not so much. But here was this Tall, Elegant, and curvy woman in Purple and magenta. With a long flowing cloak and hood. Walking with such confidence in her high-heeled armoured costume. She was a sight to behold. Betsy secretly loved the attention. She smiled unconsciously as they looked on, but didn't need her Telepathy to know what many were thinking.

Her first stop was at a small grouping of abandoned town homes. The neighborhood was quiet. There weren't many people left on this block. Hard times had fallen on the people here, mainly due to greed from the managers of the property. She walked slowly in the area, using her photographic memory to recall the details of the pictures. Once she was near a small dusty bush outcropping, she opened her mind to the past.

It took intense focus and concentration to do so. With the changes to her powers over the years, it ws something that needed doing. Whenever she entered the mind of another being, she always envisioned it as her butterfly manifestation entering a window to a house. Depending on the mind, the house was in various states of condition. She always slipped in to windows barely open, they were easy to hide herself in another's mind. Those who resisted, or had training could simply close their doors or windows, locking her out.

With her Precognition morphing into Post cognition, she could no longer see possible futures. Now she could probe the precise past of an area or object.

She envisioned herself as a female H.G. Wells, using her time device to step back into the past of the immediate area, upon arriving, she re-armoured herself. Sometimes she could be overwhelmed by intense emotions or psychic readings.

"Well old girl, let's see what we can see.." she muttered, steeling herself. This was the scene of the garoting. As the past came into focus, she found herself walking the path of the victim slowly. The particular version of Gabriel had been a youth on her way home from the store. Nothing out of the ordinary, except that she had no idea she was Agent Gabriel, had been for days. This time, her trip home would be interrupted. The killer was stealthy, well-trained in silent movements. With this area nearly abandoned, it was easy for him to face the agent.

As he drew closer to the girl, Betsy subconsciously tried to save her, to no avail. He crept up behind and toss the thin line over her head, and around he neck, pulling the string to opposite sides. Betsy watched in silent horror, as the girls eyes went wide, she was shaking. but helpless. he spun her towards the bush where blood spattered all over.

Furious Betsy paused the vision, and took a look around. Trying to notice anything out of the ordinary. To one side she'd almost missed him. Tyree stood at a distance.. that twinkle in his eye.

The effort to look in the past was exhausting, she rested a moment before driving on to the next location. At each spot there was nearly the same thing. The next victim was shot! Not at sniper range, but up close. He had been a businessman and single father, who would never go home to his children again. This killer was different, but had the same skills as the first man. Silent, quick, and able to kill rapidly, then make their escape.

The next victim, had been a man killed by a thug looking youth. He had been surrounded and stalked. But thinking he was Gabriel, he thought he could take them, but he had not the training, nor the talent to save himself. The knife that bled him was a long dirk style blade, designed to kill quickly. Mr. Mckay hadn't given up easily, he was able to give one of the youths a nice Shiner before collapsing dead.

Betsy again paused the psychic memory to scan the area. Once again hiding, was Tyree. This time there was someone else with him. Tyree had smiled as the person behind him prodded him into doing something.

Betsy could not make out the person behind Tyree, but the silhouette of a tall man was visible. She walked closer to try to make him out. But bumped into a Psychic wall. There was just not enough residual Psychic energy left to override the murder for her to make him out. Exhausted she sat on a step trying to piece the disparate emanations together.

"What, or who could be controlling the lad?" she thought to herself.", Gabriel was sorely mistaken in his assessment of the boy's condition!"

"He's obviously being controlled! But by who and to what purpose?" She stood clutching the cloak and walked about in a circle.

"We've got two assassin's with formidable talents. There's a gang of young tough's, and Tyree at each scene. Most likely at the last scene also. There's no common thread between each murder except Tyree, and possibly this mysterious male. Perhaps there's a common thread between the victims?" She tapped her lips.

"No, each victim only had looking like Gabriel in common. There has to be more! Since the last scene is not investigated yet, perhaps I'll gain a vital clue there.!"

It was nearing late noon and Betsy had one last place to visit. Once that was done, she'd go back to the hotel, and go over the clues. What she hadn't noticed in her distracted search. There was a shadowy figure about 50 meters away, intensely watching the Psychic sleuth.

"Hey you were right! If we'd had left last month, we would have completely missed this little gem, who is she?" the man said quietly into his phone.

"That, my good sir is Elizabeth Braddock, aka Psylocke of the American mutant hero team, the X-men!" The voice replied back calmly. "She is also sister to Captain Britain, and that's a bloke we should avoid like the plague!"

"What do you want me to do? From your words killing her would bring about heaps of trouble and..."

"NO, YOU do NOT get involved! You get a message to those miscreants we hired a few months ago. Have them rough her up some, but leave her alive. I've got some plans for her.. " he chuckled some on the opposite end.

"Me and miss Braddock have some history! I'd like to know what she's doing here!"

"You got it sir, i'm on it!"

Psylocke arrived at the last seen of the last murder, another gun shot. She stepped from her vehicle, and began the walk to the next place. It as just outside of town and across the small river.

She walked to the small smattering of houses next to the river, which snaked around the town of Beccles.

As she arrived at the scene she scoped it out, making sure it hadn't been disturbed much. The less emotional activity in the area the better for the psionic reading. She placed herself into Psychic trance to begin the reading. Just as she reached her place of deep concentration, she heard the voices call out.

"Hullo lass!" came a snarky voice.

"She looks like Lady Lancelot in that get up! Might shiny yeah? All in your purple and Magenta" Said another.

"Well if she wears that get up, she's the heroine type!"

Betsy turns around slowly, taking a quick glance about. There were a group of four, rough and burly types. She quickly did a quick mental scan, her Psionic Butterfly manifestation flashing briefly.

"I know your plans boys, your minds are like open books. You'd best leave now, or face whatever comes your way!" She stated clutching the cloak tightly.

Psylocke's training as an X-man focused on escape and evasion techniques, she was one of the oldest yet least experienced at the time of her joining. She had never been as strong, tough or combat capable as the others, hence the need for the Armour. What she had going for her was her wit. She was good at tricking her foes into taking themselves down. This usually meant Colossus or Rogue would provide her protection as she worked a foe or more over. Alone, and very much out of practice, she needed to make sure they didn't get close.

"Surround her boys, I don't think she'll be that much trouble. One of dem ova types woulda plowed into us by now!" The obvious leader stated.

"We gotcha Lady Lancelot, we don't want to.." another started..

"I'm a Psychic, I KNOW your plans. Sadly i'm not the type to give up so easily!"

Before the group could move, she was already in motion using her powers, Attacking the nearest man's mind. Her Telepathy was powerful but other aspects of it less so. Luckily these chaps had weak minds.

"I don't know how you got so close to me woman but You're going down!" The Taller man stated turning towards 'Psylocke'. He lashed out at 'her'.

"Whatcha doin ya noddy git.. UGH!" his colleague cried out as he hit the ground stunned.

The real Psylocke moved towards the houses for cover to watch her back. A tossed stick bounced off her armoured shoulder as she turned to look back. Two of the other men gave chase as their mates dealt with each other, bickering.

Betsy made her way around the back of the home and turned to use her abilities again. As her foes bounded around the corner, she stood behind a HVAC unit. As the first man came around she locked eyes on him. He began to smile as she coaxed his mind into a calming state of bliss. Butteflies danced in his vision. His friend stopped and looked at him with a look of bewilderment, then continued towards Betsy. She typically needed to stay still to keep up her powers, but the state of calm would last for a few minutes, allowing her some time. That one's mind was the weakest.

As she turned to flee, she felt her pursuer grab an armoured arm, he was faster than she anticipated.

"OH! she cried out as she gritted her teeth. He easily pulled her closer to him, as she struggled.

"No escape witch!" he stated spinning her around.

No Caption Provided

Psylockes snarl turned into a small grin as he locked eyes. A second later he felt a sharp pain in his head and dropped to the ground totally Koed by her Psychic bolt of pure mental energy.

"With this one out-of-the-way, his friend here in a state of ignorant calm, which I'll reinforce now. " She said reinforcing her calming influence.

"That leaves the one who attacked the Illusionary me left to...UNNGH!" She cried out as something impacted her on the back of her hooded head. She crashed to the ground in a heap, staggered by the blow, she looked back with hazy eyes. The armour had taken the brunt of the hit, but she was stunned by the blow. Too shaken to focus her thoughts.. she fell unconscious on the ground.

"Once I squared ole harry in the jaw, that broke whatever hold you had on him love! Told the lads you wouldn't be much trouble.." The leader said tapping a large stick to his shoulder.

When she finally woke up, she had no idea what time it was. Only the dull throb of her head. She was strapped into some device along a wall. A device that seemed familiar, about 14 years familiar. Someone had tried to remove her costume, but only she had the key to do so. They were only able to bring down her hood, and remove the cloak.

As her eyes cleared she noticed the leader of the group of young toughs.

"Finally up love? Didn't think I wacked ya that hard! Apologies!" he chuckled.

"If my head didn't hurt so badly, I'd stick your mind in a continual loop of bad commercials, you basher!" She stated weakly. She tried to scan the room, but her head hurt just that much.

"Ah Elizabeth, it's been nearly twenty years.. how have things been?" Said a voice from the entryway.

Recognition instantly hit her. She knew the man.. but only needed to see his face to confirm the voice...

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comments welcome, let me know what you think pro or con. Likes and Dislikes.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tazirai: Hmm interesting continuation indeed. Especially found the evolution of Psylocke's powers interesting. Once again needs an edit, but you've already mentioned that on the first part of this

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai: Hmm interesting continuation indeed. Especially found the evolution of Psylocke's powers interesting. Once again needs an edit, but you've already mentioned that on the first part of this

Next time I post one of her stories. I'll post the edited version NOT the Fanfiction.net version.

I wanted to evolve her in a different way. One of the things that happened during the outback time, was she'd encounter Cybernetic minds, usually suffering some type of backlash when she did so. So my head canon was to have those experiences open new pathways into her Telepathy, giving her the ability to talk to Electronics.