Project X: The Secret Files of Wolverine, Chapter 32- Dogs of War

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place during the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Secret Files of Wolverine, Chapter 32- Dogs of War

If there was only one thing that I could get rid of is that blond b@$t@rd, Victor Creed. Now that he was here, all well and still damn alive, he was furious that I had left him behind while I hid myself behind a rock, and waitin' fer the fight with the Germans to be over. But the thing is that Vic here wanna prove himself that he could take down those German motherf***ers all by himself.

"You stupid runt," Vic said angrily to me. "I'm gonna kill you right here and right now, if that is the last thing I do."

I was about to say somethin' to him until Christoph Nord stepped in. "You must be Victor Creed, I presume."

Vic looked at him. "And who the hell are you?"

"My name is Christoph... Christoph Nord."

"What? You a f***in' German? But you ain't sound German to me."

Christoph smiled. "That's what everyone says. In fact, you had no idea what I've been through. So..."

"Well, lemme tell you something... Christoph. I ain't here for you, because this runt who left me behind with those German f***ers, I almost got killed by their tanks!"

Great... If anythin' in the world I had to be with him, was to hear his whinin' just over the fact that I didn't help him earlier. Besides, it was betta that way and I had no time to play dirty games with those Germans back there.

"Listen Vic," I said this time. "Either you work with us, or die here. Yer choice."

And guess what? Vic started to laugh, which sometimes made me wish that I wanna rip his heart out.

"There's no way that I'm gonna trust this German scumbag, Logan. And you should do the same if I were you."

That's it. I'll have to fight him, fair and square. But then the German spy said, "Wait... Mr. Creed, you should know that I work with Nick Fury. Just don't make it worse than it is."

There was a moment of silence. And then Vic rushed angrily towards Christoph like crazy. I just stood there, waitin' to see what happens next. But the thing is that Vic didn't care whom he was dealin' with, as long he had the upper hand.

And then Christoph used enough firepower to blast him off with all that kinetic energy like a freakin' explosion. A fist of fiery blast went straight towards his chest. The blond b@$t@rd cried out painfully, and then he charged again. Only this time, I stopped him by slashin' his damn face.

"YOU DAMN F***IN' RUNT! I'LL SHOW YOU WHO'S BOSS!" We fought each other like dogs of war, the ones who had been sent by none other than Nick Fury himself, and here Christoph was caught in the middle of it.

After a few minutes of fightin' each other, Christoph shot another blast at the blond b@$t@rd.

"WRAAAAAGH!"

Christoph said, "Enough! If you wanna keep fighting, be my guest. But there's no time for this pointless $h!t."

"He's right, Vic," I said. "Hear him out, will ya?"

I could tell the looks from my worst enemy's face. He was angry enough to take another bull charge at either one of us. But it seemed that there wasn't a way out fer him, since he was the only one left standin', and if he wanna work with us, sure I don't give a rat's @$$, but he betta listen well before Christoph here decided to blast him off again.

So Vic spat on the ground and said, "If this German motherf***er ever try to sell us out, you know what I'll do, Logan."

I wanted to laugh at that, because it was just what Christoph had said to me earlier, and I often asked myself where his true loyalties lie, whether or not he would betray us. He may have had dark secrets that I may neva know of. But one thing fer sure was that he planned to help us, whether Vic liked it or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This ain't a surprise when it came to the fact that David North had killed innocent people too, back in Project X. But it didn't sound believable if ya ask me.

"That's right, Logan," David said, as if he read my mind. "I've killed people too. You should've seen me, doing all that dirty work, but I didn't like it one bit." I was still stunned by hearin' those words, comin' from my former partner. But when the truth came out eventually, things gotten way outta hand on his part.

It seems that David had also worn the same, high-tech gear that I had so many times before, just to take out any target that I could find. Must be that damn Psi-Borg up to no good.

And in the exchange fer freedom, he probably decided to capture me, or take down the ones who were tryin' to escape from the Project X facility. Chances of escape were slim, and I fer one didn't have any chance to see the light of day.

"Alright, bub," I said, havin' heard enough of David's harsh truth. "I can see that you ain't the only one, but that doesn't mean you should try to stop me from escapin' this damn hole."

"I know." Then David raised his gun and was about to fire at me, when all of a sudden, the doors from the other side of the hallway, opened up.

Vic said, "What in the hell?" I even looked at the shadowy figure comin' our way. It seems that we got someone else to do the job other than David F***in' North here. But as it turned out, it ain't someone, but a damn thing which was made outta pure metal. Damn it. At a time like this?

David also looked at it. "What's a Shiva robot doing here?"

"I ain't gotta clue, bub. But if you wanna get out alive from here, now's yer chance. That is if we can work together..."

"Oh no, Logan," Vic said, soundin' irritated as always. "Not in my watch."

"You stupid @$$hole," David said, lookin' at him. "Do you have any idea what that thing is?"

Vic looked at him angrily. "Yea, the hell I do, ya damn runt!"

I said out loud, "That's enough! We ain't got time fer this $h!t. We have to get passed that damn..."

And there you have it. The damn Shiva began to fire several rounds at us. It was like hell I tell ya.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at his main office, William Stryker saw the footage of three mutants who were now face-to-face with the Shiva robot, an ultimate weapon of destruction. It was designed to hunt down rogue operatives of Project X. In the past, a few mutants were killed while trying to escape from the cells of the facility. But knowing that Logan wouldn't give up or die trying to save himself from this horrible nightmare, he would have gone to great lengths in order to win his freedom back.

Of course, the stakes were too high when Stryker realized the possible outcome of escape. Either one of these mutants would have a chance at that, and then tell the whole world what was going on behind the scenes of Project X. He couldn't let that happen. After all, he had been given orders to release the Shiva robot and see if these mutants could defeat it.

A door opened behind him, and a familiar voice said, "I see you're enjoying the view, Mr. Stryker."

The war veteran didn't turn around to face the Greek psychologist whose main goal was to study the behavior of mutants. As a mutant himself, he could absorb the energies from other individuals merely by touch. However, there was a side effect to his genetic makeup, and that Stryker knew the deadly consequences of what would happen if Dr. Karl Lykos had done such a thing. At times, he got hungry during the last month or so, and that he too was caught up in the cell, just the like the rest of the others, despite his main profession.

Dr. Lykos wasn't in a good mood to remember that day when he had to absorb the energy from another mutant, thus turning himself into a creature of nightmare.

"Dr. Lykos," Stryker began to speak. "I didn't expect you to come here."

"I wasn't aware of this new experiment until Dr. Essex mentioned it to me."

"I see..." This time Stryker turned around to face him. "Tell me something, Dr. Lykos... What would happen if you were to extract the energy from a healing mutant?"

There was a moment of silence. At first, he didn't think of it that way. But now that Stryker had mentioned it, he would have to find out for sure and study it.

"To be honest, Mr. Stryker. I haven't figured it out as much as I know that I would turn into the creature, which I wasn't born with. But I do know this... That his healing factor wouldn't be entirely gone, so to speak. He would just be weak, unable to move fast as before or attack any individual at the precise given moment." Then he laughed a little. "It's not like I would steal Logan's healing factor completely unlike Siphon."

"Ah yes, him." Stryker remembered how a former mutant soldier was turned into a deadly creature, who can absorb healing factors and that he stole Logan's while he escaped from his cell. But he was killed by a mutant from the future, whose main ability was to "collect" powers of other individuals. Stryker got up from his seat and then looked back at the screen.

Dr. Lykos smiled. "Perhaps I need to wait and see what would come out of this experiment of yours. Do let me know what the results are, Mr. Stryker. I would be glad to know of it." Then he left.

Hmm, Stryker thought. That b@$t@rd thinks he could do anything he wants. Well, Dr. Lykos... I will see to it that you absorb Logan's mutant energy and once you do, you shall be Sauron forever.

To be continued in Project X: The Secret Files of Wolverine, Chapter 33- Heavy Metal.

What's this? A Shiva robot is running loose upon the three mutants of Team X? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Great! Another one of those tin b@$T@rd$ comin' out to get me. SNIKT!