Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place during the same time as Project X: The Secret Files of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Project Rebirth: The Secret Files of Captain America, Chapter 8- Altered States

Serving Hitler and his New Third Reich had been the greatest triumph in the world. Even for a Canadian mutant like Logan, who used to be a good man, until he was later captured and been brainwashed by Nazi X.

Nazi X was a government program, designed by Adolf Hitler himself, and for the purpose of creating their own weapons of mass destruction. However, the program didn't exist in other realities, much to the demise of one man who had shaped this world into his own vision. A vision of hell. And Logan became the catalyst for it.

The plane had landed in Berlin, the highest capital city of Germany. Somewhere along the lines, Logan began to have vague memories of his old past, and sometimes he had doubts about his true self. Joining the Nazi party was one thing, and becoming Hitler's pawn was another. Logan had served the New Third Reich since 1941.

The German troops marched towards the city. Some of them stood, guarding their posts and others talked about the upcoming battles. Logan looked at both sides, wondering if these Germans were worthy of being a true soldier.

F***in' b@$t@rd$, Logan thought. They don't know $h!t. It was his own attitude that broke the trust of a German official named Baron von Strucker, who became the leading man of Hitler's New Third Reich. But it only happened, after the Red Skull was assassinated by an American soldier.

Logan reached the base of the Nazi X operations, which was located deep underground beneath the city. It was a long way down, and taking the elevator seemed to annoy the feral mutant. Technology in this day and age had risen to the point that the Americans couldn't defeat them. Not even by Nick Fury's standards.

But one thing had led to another, when the American government tried its best to overcome their common enemy. But the war wasn't over yet. Logan had to find out what's the deal with the cube, which both the Howling Commandos had previously mentioned.

Coming to a full stop, Logan came out of the elevator and met a scientist named Dr. Arnim Zola, who was currently working on his latest robotic technology. The scientist turned his head.

"Hello there, my dear Logan," the German scientist said. "What brings you here?"

"I came here for this thing, doc." Logan handed the object to him.

"Hmm... Interesting. What is it?"

"It's a damn cube. That's what."

The scientist frowned. "I know what it is, Logan But..." He stopped and observed the object carefully.

"Whaddaya make of it?"

"Hmm... I'll have to learn more about this precious object of yours. Where did you find it?"

"It was somewhere lyin' around the rubble."

"I see. And does Hitler know about it?"

"Not yet. I figured I'd come here first, and let ya know about the damn thing."

The scientist observed the object with great interest. "Okay then... I'll have to look further into this private matter, once I'm done with my work. If you don't mind..."

"Be my guest." Logan was about to leave the laboratory, when the scientist stopped him.

"By the way... What other news have you bring other than the cube?"

Logan looked at him. "You ain't gonna believe this, doc. But... the Howling Commandos are still alive."

"What?"

"Yea... I was sure I killed 'em back at the concentration camp, but it seems they ain't the ones I killed."

"What do you mean?"

"It's that cube." Logan pointed towards the object. "Somethin' to do with this f***ed up nonsense. Who knows?"

The scientist looked at the object again. "Very well then. You can go now."

"Yea... Hail Hitler, bub."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the cell of the concentration camp, the man who spoke Mary's name, surprised the new prisoner from another world. In fact, she still didn't know what else to expect from the man, who seemed to know everything that happened.

Mary Clarkson stopped eating the chunk of half bread. "How... How do you know my name?"

"I think I've met you before. But I'm not sure where."

"Oh..."

"Look, I know it sounds complicated. But we're in a much bigger mess than I thought it would be."

"What... What do you mean?"

The man sighed. "Okay... I'll introduce myself first, in case if you can't remember. My name is Nick Fury, the leader of the Howling Commandos."

Mary became speechless.

"Yeah. I think you've heard of me before. Am I right?"

The woman nodded.

"Okay. Here's all I can explain to you. It may not make sense, but I will try. You see... We live in a different reality here. A reality that we might lose the war."

Mary was both stunned and confused.

"I know that look. It's quite complicated when you think about it. But the worst has yet to come. I know who created this reality in the first place. Have you heard of the Red Skull?"

The woman shook her head.

"Well... He was one of Adolf Hitler's favorites, and an archenemy of Captain America. But something happened, while the Red Skull went on a secret mission to Africa. He discovered an object of a much higher power. A power that could turn the tides of the Second World War. In this case, the Red Skull created this reality in his own image. Once that happens, everything had changed. For example, Logan..." Nick paused and closed his eyes, as if in disappointment. "Logan used to be my best friend and partner in the Howling Commandos team. Now, he's evil. He even killed my men."

Mary felt scared when she heard the Canadian mutant's name, and what he did to her poor husband. "What about... this Red Skull?"

Nick looked at the other side of the cell. "One of my men assassinated him. I thought... if he had created this world, his vision of hell will be gone along with him. But it didn't. I was wrong."

"I see."

Nick looked back at her. "I know this sounds a lot to take in, especially for a civilian like you. Heck, even one of my soldiers couldn't understand what the hell I was saying."

"But... what about Captain America?"

Nick looked down. "He doesn't exist."

"What do you mean he doesn't?"

Nick looked up again. "What I meant is that... Steve Rogers died during the experiment, which was led by Dr. Abraham Erskine. This happened in May 20, 1942."

Mary almost covered her mouth. "Oh, my God."

"Yeah, I know. I'm not supposed to tell you this secret. But what does it matter? Maybe, I needed someone else to understand what's going on here. Know what I mean?"

"Yes... that makes sense. Somehow, you knew my name. But... how can you remember all this?"

"I don't know. But I think it's something to do with the past memory of my original self. I know it still doesn't make sense. But..."

There was a sound of footsteps on the front door. Someone opened it, and one of the German soldiers came inside the cell.

"You there!" The German pointed towards Nick Fury. "Get up."

"Sure..." Nick got up and stood there, waiting for further orders.

"Come with me. The general wants to see you in private."

"Let me guess... Baron von Strucker."

The soldier didn't say anything. Instead, he grabbed Nick's shirt in front of him. "Don't try to play games with me, you dumb fool. Now, on your feet!" Nick looked at the woman.

"It'll be okay, Mary. I'll be..."

"I SAID, ON YOUR FEET!" The soldier used his weapon to hit Nick on the back.

"NO!" Mary shouted at the German.

"Shut up, b!***." The other soldier kicked her.

After kneeling down, Nick looked up furiously. "Don't you dare hurt her!"

The soldier looked back at the leader of the Howling Commandos. "If you don't want to see her dead, then I think it's best for you to move quickly on your damn feet. Got it?"

Nick Fury had no choice, but to do what he said. He got up, and followed them. Mary was left alone, crying...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Piloting the plane was the toughest thing on Steve's mind right now. Since he had to do the unthinkable back at the air base, he'd have to answer Nick later for his actions, and how he was bringing Crossbones along with him.

Speaking of which, the mercenary just sat there on the back seat, relaxing as if nothing had happened. Steve was agitated by the thought of it.

"How long we're gonna get there, Steve?"

"It depends." Steve checked the flight controls since he became too familiar with them, once he had been partnered with Bucky Barnes on other missions.

Crossbones got up. "I hate to say this, Steve. But I've always wanted to be like you."

Steve looked at him, dumbfounded.

"No, seriously."

"That's not a good excuse."

"I know. I've done terrible things that you shouldn't even know about. But I swear, Steve. I haven't killed those innocent people out there."

"But... you've tortured them.

Crossbones sighed. "What's the point of arguing, eh? What's done is done. And here I thought I could beat you up senselessly, after taking the serum."

"Don't try to push me. I'm piloting here."

Crossbones raised the both of his hands. "Sorry, my bad." He sat down on the seat.

"How did you know Dr. Erskine?"

"Him? That's easy. Few of my men told me about the German smart-@$$, while I served the war for a brief time."

Steve looked sideways. "You joined the army?"

"Heck yeah, and for a very good reason."

"I can imagine that. You've used the Super-Soldier serum on yourself, so that you could easily defeat me."

"Exactly. But the serum had a side-effect, Steve. I was wearing out. Losing my strength... That sort of thing. It always comes with a price. I guess that happens when you exact revenge on your dear brother." He laughed.

There was a moment of silence.

When the mercenary stopped laughing, he said, "Are you gonna say my real name, Steve? Because it's been too long we've been together. Ever since Dad died..."

"I just don't understand you."

"You don't have to, Steve. I'm just crazy as you are. Not killing those Nazi b@$t@rd$... What a world we live in."

"No, Matt." Steve finally said his name. "You're wrong. You're no better than them. You just..." He stopped when the plane got hit by a German enemy.

"$h!t," Steve said.

"What the devil?" Matt Rogers looked out the front window.

"Damn it!" Steve said furiously. "We've been hit."

"We need to get out of here, Steve."

Steve looked at his older brother. "Okay then. Let's jump."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After eating a late-night dinner, Steve Rogers left the house and went along for the ride with Valentina Fontaine. It was the best solution that he could think of, as of now. Besides, hanging out with a woman for so long might make him edgy. After all, he had done terrible things in the past.

Valentina noticed the serious look on his face. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah..." Steve looked outside the window, and noticed several cars passing by. "What year is this?"

"1954."

Steve looked at her, surprisingly.

"What's wrong?"

"No, it's just..." Steve wondered how long he had been controlled by HYDRA. But what he couldn't remember was how he was captured or when.

"Never mind."

"How old are you, anyways?"

"I'm..." Steve also wondered about his current age. He even tried to remember the events that transpired, before getting captured by the evil organization.

"That's okay, Steve. I'm sure you don't remember. It sounds like you had a serious concussion on your head. I'm sorry."

"No... It's not your fault. I... I still couldn't remember, even before getting hit by your car."

"Oh..."

Steve looked up ahead. "Are you sure these people won't recognize me?"

"I don't know, Steve. Maybe, they do know you. It's been quite a long time, since you last disappeared. But I think it's best to hide yourself in disguise, just in case.

"Well, if you can help me with that, Valentina. I'd be thankful for it."

"Not a problem." The Italian woman turned on the right side of the road.

"So... how long you've been married for?"

"About five years."

"I see. And what does your husband do?"

"He works at an oil company called Roxxon Incorporated."

"Hmm... Never heard of it."

"Yeah. He's always busy at his new job. It seemed to be more important than me. Sorry... Maybe, I'm saying too much."

Steve smiled. "That's okay. Don't worry about it. It's been a long time I had a conversation with..." He stopped, and then looked at her.

"What?"

"Have we met somewhere before?"

"Um... No. I don't think so."

"Hmm..." He looked up ahead on the road, and then cried out, "LOOK OUT!"

Valentina screamed, "OH, MY GOD!" A huge truck approached them, and then hit the car with full speed ahead.

To be continued in Project Rebirth: The Secret Files of Captain America, Chapter 9- Die-Hard Enemies.

Holy crap! The true identity of Crossbones has been revealed. Now that the Cosmic Cube is kept under the hands of Nazi X, what will happen next? Find out in the next chapter of Captain America.