Power Rangers: Monster Battalion

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Hello all ^_^ and thank you for stopping by my thread for my pride and joy, Power Rangers: Monster Battalion. All the episodes will be posted here in the form of chapters. Don't picture each chapter as an episode if it were on TV though, multiple chapters would probably be combined to make one show XP

Anywho, this a fic which incorporates classic Monsters(Vampire, Werewolf, etc.) with Power Rangers. If you are a fan of any sort of monster, Power Rangers, possibly Supernatural, or anything else of the like, you may enjoy this fic ^_^

Here're the Rangers!

(Civilian-Uniform-Helmetless-Morphed-Weapon and Morpher)

Red Vampire
Red Vampire
"Terror from the Blackest Night! PRMB Vampire Ranger!"

Vince Drason, AKA Drac, is the direct descendant of Dracula, and as such his blood(Pun NOT intended XP) holds the Power of the Vampire, enabling flight. He is the leader of the group, even if he is a new transfer student at TBH. He wields the Red Monster Morpher, his weapon is the Vampire Fang Sword, and his Monster Zord is the Bat, which forms the chest, torso, head, and wings of the Megazord.

Blue Werewolf
Blue Werewolf
"Terror born from the Full Moon! PRMB Werewolf Ranger!"

Scott Wolfgang Clawrick, AKA Wolfie, is the direct descendant of the First Werewolf, and his lineage holds the Power of the Werewolf, enabling Super Speed. He is the youngest of the group, a Freshman at TBH. He usually doesn't think things through, and acts irrationally. He always cracks the jokes, and makes loads of references to comics and the like. He wields the Blue Monster Morpher, his weapon is the Werewolf Fighting Claws, and his Monster Zord is the Wolf Monster Zord, which forms the lower right leg of the megazord.

Green Swamp Creature
Green Swamp Creature

"Terror from the Darkest Depths! PRMB Swamp Creature Ranger!

Finnigan Laggon, AKA Finn, is the direct descendant of the The Swamp Creature(Gill Man, etc.), holding the power of The Swamp Creature, enabling Aqautic Abilities(breathing, withstanding pressure, etc.). Strong but Silent, Finn would never hurt a fly. He loves the water, being on the Swim Team and Surfing whenever he gets the chance. His the most handsom guy at TBH, even though he is oblivious to the girls throwing themselves at him. Beneath his tough exterior lies a soft and chivalrous, just heart.He wields the Green Monster Morpher, his weapons is the Creature Swamp Shield, and his Monster Zord is the Crocodile Zord, which forms the left leg, tail, pelvis, and upper right leg of the megazord.

Yellow Mummy
Yellow Mummy
Pink Spectre
Pink Spectre

"Terror from the After Life! PRMB Spectre Ranger!"

Rachael Ghoulscroft, AKA Ghoul, is the human descendant of The Grim Reaper. This allows her to utilize the Power of the Sectre, enabling Phasing. She is a girl in every sense of the word, obsessed with fashion and everything. At the same time, however, she is the sportiest of the group, participating in numerous sports teams all year round. She wields the Pink Monster Morpher, her weapon is the Spectre Spirit Spear, and her monster zord is the Raven zord, which forms the right arm, sword, and bow for the megazord.

Now, every PR Season needs a theme, and I've devised one from the song Monsters by Matchbook Romance. It's basically that song, but with some altered lyrics XP

Theme:

There’s danger comin’, hard to see
There’s got to be
We won't let it come
We will right the wrongs that have been done.
We will go anywhere
maybe you'll see us
(ohhhh)

We are
We are the shaken
We are Power Rangers
The Monster Battalion
Yeah
Believe what you read
We are
We are mistaken
We are the voices
Inside your head
Yeah
Believe what you see

It came as no surprise
We’ve been brought back to life
Believe it
They’ll bleed by us
We'll bleed for you
We save the innocent, all
Drowned in trouble that came
From a world that’s way too crazy
(ohhhh)

We are
We are the shaken
We are Power Rangers
The Monster Battalion
Yeah
Believe what you read
We are
We are mistaken
We are the voices
Inside your head
Yeah
Believe what you see

Without further ado, the prologue and first 2 chapters...

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Andferne
jaw drops

Nice bro, glad to see you finally got this up. Great job!
Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Thanks Andy. Apparently, you and Arrow are the only ones that liked it. ~_~

Oh well, here's the 3rd chapter to any closet readers! (It's a long one) ^_^

Chapter 3: Monster Manor Part 3

The unmarked grave, deep in the mountains of Romania burst open, and a hand reached out, rotted and decayed from age. Its fingernails scratched at the dirt surrounding it, pulling the rest of body up. A mouth that hadn’t opened in millennia, it seemed, opened, letting out a sour dust. It breathed in the fresh pine air then coughed it back out. The man looked at his clothes to see he was still wearing his old clothes: a black trench coat and muscle shirt, black hunting hat, and black boots with dark gray pants. He looked around and noticed no change. “Are they back so soon?” He said, his voice raspy from lack of use. He heard a twig crunch and he dashed behind a tree. Even in his age, he was spry. He watched as another man walked up to the grave, examining it. He wore poofy clothes he had never seen before, with instruments unlike any he’d ever seen dangling from his belt. The hiker shrugged, walking away from the dug up mound of earth and continuing his walk. “It seems that it has been a while since I walked this plane…” He wheezed, then glanced to his hands. “This skin will never do.” He had been brought back, and the power that brought him back was now within him. His skin changed, reverting back to a tan color. His hair grew, covering his head and falling slightly over his eyes. His muscles formed once more. He stood, looking brand new, in his new human form. His voice had changed also, becoming more like the 25-year old he looked like. “Helsing is back, and the hunt is afoot.” He grinned and stalked off, heading for an old friend…

----------------------------------------

The door to their apartment opened to darkness. Rachael flipped up the light switch by the door, keys jingling in her hand. She moved silently inside, followed by Pharrah and Finn. They hadn’t talked since they met at the front door and climbed up the stairs. Rachael dropped her keys on the kitchen table, as did Finn and Pharrah, and they all retreated to their respective rooms. They didn’t really want to talk about what happened that night until the next day.

Rachael left her room in her pink pajama pants and a random t-shirt she found, headed for the bathroom. She was soon accompanied by Pharrah in her pale yellow nightgown and Fin still in his Hula skirt. She knew he slept in his boxer-briefs. They brushed their teeth without emotion and headed for bed.

Rachael slipped under her covers and stared at her ceiling, lost in thought. She lost control of her thoughts, and before she knew it she had drifted to sleep.

Rachael’s dreams were no different from reality. She stood in her pajamas, walking through a graveyard in a mist filled night. No longer was she enclosed in the tomb of before, but out in the open in the crisp night air. She couldn’t decide whether that was a better thing or not. She moved with purpose this time, headed for a tombstone in the distance on a hill, the moonlight silhouetting it. The grave was dug up, a pile of earth resting beside the hole. With caution, she glanced over the edge, into the pit. A ray of pink light burst forth, and a pink and black raven flew up, past Rachael and began diving and freewheeling in the sky, a trail of pink following it. Rachael fell back in awe. Never before had she seen a pink and black raven. The raven spun and quickly diverted its course, dive-bombing for Rachael. She was blinded by its light and shot awake.

Cold sweat stuck to her clothes as she sat up straight in her bed, breathless. She glanced to her alarm going off. She shut it off and grabbed a towel, rushing for the bathroom. Every morning, there was a rush for the bathroom. The pristine state of the bathroom told her that Finn hadn’t gotten there yet, and the fact that the shampoos and conditioners weren’t alphabetized told her that Pharrah hadn’t showered yet. She dwelled in her moment of success before hopping in the shower. After she had finished and left the bathroom, Pharrah was at the door, waiting. Her hair was wild and unruly. She must’ve not had a good night either. Rachael got dressed in her School outfit and grabbed her bag, setting it by the table and grabbing a bowl of cereal.

Pharrah walked in soon after, shoving some bread into the toaster. She looked as thrilled as Rachael after her night of sleep. “Sleep okay?” Rachael questioned, downing a spoonful of sugary marshmallow goodness.

Pharrah shrugged. “Meh. Not really. I had this really weird dream and I couldn’t sleep well.”

Rachael’s eyes shot open and she gulped down her mouthful of cereal. “Dream?” She confirmed, “Like you’re in a graveyard and a glowing pink and black raven flies out of a grave at you?” Her tone of voice was earnest and sincere, even thought she realized what she’d said after she’d said it.

Pharrah raised her eyebrow as the toast popped up. She set it on a plate and began coating it with butter. “No…” She trailed, remembering her dream, “More like I’m in the desert and a glowing yellow and black scarab burst out of the sands and leaps at me. Then I woke up.” She bit down on her toast, licking the butter from her lips.

Rachael’s mind raced. The similarities between their dreams were extraordinary, but what did it all mean? She set her bowl down on the counter and turned to Pharrah, now on her second piece of toast. “Do you think it has something to do…with last night? I mean, wasn’t your symbol a scarab or something?” Her voice decreased to a whisper.

“Oh, so we’re considering that last night did happen?” Pharrah said, finishing her toast and pouring a glass of orange juice. “Yes, my symbol was a scarab. But yours was a ghost.” Her eyebrows furrowed together in thought for a quick moment, then eased. “And ravens are said in some legends to be physical manifestations of one’s soul.” She sipped the orange juice. “Honestly, though, Rach. Do you really think any of it did happen? It’s simply impossible.”

Rachael scowled, but her information was confirmed. So they both had a similar dream. Rachael thought of the others. “I wonder if Finn had the same dream.”

“I was in the ocean, swimming.” The seldom heard voice from behind them startled them, and Pharrah nearly choked on her juice. They turned to see Finn sitting at the table, nibbling on a nutrition bar. “A glowing green and black croc came from below and swam around me before snapping at me.” A ripped off a piece of the bar and grabbed his bag, heading for the door.

Rachael grabbed her bag and her keys, running after Finn with Pharrah trailing. “So we all had the dream!” She called after Finn. She had to power-walk to keep up with Finn’s long strides, Pharrah doing the same. “I betcha Scott and Vince had it to!” Finn shrugged as he got in his van. He gave a small two fingered salute telling them he’d meet them at school.

Pharrah said goodbye as she got in her jeep and drove off. Rachael slumped into her Buggie Convertible and moved the top down, heading for school.

At school, Rachael could see the four of her friends sitting at a picnic table outside school. Rachael got out of her car, the wind whipping at her long blonde hair. She pulled her jacket closer around her and slung her backpack over her shoulder. “Hey guys.” She said as she neared the table.

Vince was the first to look up, a small smile on his face. She couldn’t help but smile back. He hadn’t spiked his hair this morning. Next to him was Scott, asleep like always, but this time almost knocked out cold. In the light, she finally noticed the circles under Finn’s eyes. Rachael sat down next to Pharrah and said, “So, how did you two sleep?” Scott snored in his sleep as a response, and Vince yawned. She now drew the conclusion it was to his lack of sleep.

“Not too well.” He said, wiping his eyes. “You?” He asked.

Rachael aloofly shrugged. “Did you have any nice dreams?” Rachael said, dancing around what she was truly trying to ask. She began doodling circles on the table with her finger.

Vince raised an eyebrow. “Well, apparently I had the same dream as you guys.” Rachael’s eyes looked quickly to Pharrah, who met her gaze. Vince cracked a smile. “Pharrah already told me your theory. I was in the sky, flying at night. A glowing red and black bat came from nowhere and flew beside me before lunging.”

“And Scott?” Rachael thought aloud.

“Sleeping Beauty was asleep when I got here.” Vince responded. “But he keeps mumbling about a forest and a blue and black wolf running beside him.”

Rachael could feel something was up. She was about to speak when Vince intervened. “Rachael I don’t think it’s anything serious. It’s probably just some weird after effect of us getting scared out of our wits last night.” He yawned again and rested his head in his hand.

Rachael paused for a moment, thinking again. “Then how do you explain last night?” She could tell she had hit her mark. Vince was speechless. “That’s what I thought.”

The bell rang, and it was time for class. The four of them got up, Finn slapping his massive hands together by Scott’s ears to make him wake up. He awoke with a start, yelling, “No more carrots!” He paused, embarrassed by what he just said and shook his dreams out of his head, following the others through the doors to the school. They were immediately stopped by the Principal, who was going to look for them. She handed them new schedules and sent them off to class. New schedules? This far into the school year? They took them and followed them, attending their classes, but now at different times. They all seemed to focus around AP Biology last period. Even Scott was in it. Apparently, his grades catapulted him into a college level class.

They met and took their seats, which were surprisingly all near each other. At the front of the class, by the board, a new teacher stood. He turned, greeting he students with a ‘good afternoon’. He wore a brown suit jacket with patches over the elbows, a light green dress shirt with green bow tie, and brown slacks. His white hair was beginning to bald near the forehead, and he had a large white mustache that covered his mouth when he talked. “Welcome to Advance Placement Biology!” They all noticed he spoke with a slight accent, and Pharrah secretly told them it was Romanian. He introduced himself as Mr. Frank and began a lesson on evolution.

At the end of class, he called the five of them to stay after, probably to welcome them personally to class. He set down his markers and turned to them. “Hello.” He smiled, which only translated to his mustache moving in the shape of a smile and his eyebrows rising. He had an eccentric streak about him. “It’s is my first day here, and it is your first day in AP Bio.”

“Greetings Mr. Frank.” Pharrah chimed in. “And may I say, as a representative of the Transyl Bay High Student Government, welcome to our school.” Scott rolled his eyes at Pharrah’s goody two-shoes behavior, but Mr. Frank wasn’t surprised. It was like he was expecting it.

“Thank you Pharrah.” Mr. Frank said, nodding. “But there is something else I need to talk to the five of you about.” There was something about how he said ‘the five of you’ that made Rachael begin to wonder.

“What do you mean, sir?” She asked. Something about the way he was transitioning from kindly old professor to whatever he was now made her uneasy.

“The dreams are not something to be feared.” Rachael felt like she was being punched in the chest, the wind being knocked out of her. How did he know of their dreams? “And last night did happen.” Rachael looked to the others, who were looking to each other as well. “Last night, your spirits were awakened.”

That set Rachael off. She knew she had recognized him from somewhere the moment class had started. She jumped from her lab table, pointing a finger to Mr. Frank. “It was you!” She yelled. “You were the one at Haunted Hall last night!” Her tone of voice was almost accusatory. “Where’s your metal arm!? What did you do to us, with the lights and the coffin and junk!?”

Mr. Frank was not phased by her outburst. “Calm yourself, Rachael Ghoulscroft.” He said her name like it was special, somehow. When he said it, Rachael felt small, tiny, like she was the most insignificant being on the planet. She shrunk slightly to her seat, shaken by his tone. “I did nothing to you. You did something to yourself.”

“What!?” She screamed, confused and over Mr. Frank’s tone.

“Rachael!” Vince yelled from his seat. Vince’s voice knocked her from her angered state. Rachael looked over to see him standing as well. “At least let him talk. He’s the only one who knows where we were last night and about our dreams, maybe we should let him speak. Who else would know?”

“A stalker, maybe!?” She yelled, she was going to continue, but Finn’s hand pushed Rachael back down to her seat. He shook his head no, telling her to let him speak. She let out a disgruntled sigh and crossed her arms, slinking down in her chair.

“Thank you, Finnigan.” Finn looked to Mr. Frank uneasily, but nodded. “Now, it was no accident that you came to my house last night, on All Hallows Eve.”

“That was your house?” Vince asked.

A sudden wave of embarrassment washed over Mr. Frank. “Yes. And it’s not called Haunted Hall. Last night, you visited Frankenstein Manor.”

Scott finally piped into the conversation. “Frankenstein? As in Dr. Frankenstein?” The name intrigued him, reminding him of the book he’d read. He’d honestly only read it because of the comic book of the same name.

Mr. Frank nodded. “Mr. Frank is not my real name. My real name is Viktor Frankenstein. And yes, I am that Dr. Viktor Frankenstein.”

“Let’s just play along with this for a sec,” Scott asked, trying to grasp the fact that Dr. Frankenstein was their biology teacher. “And pretend you’re actually a century old Doctor. How’d you stay alive? Alchemy?”

Pharrah turned abruptly to Scott. “How do you know what Alchemy is?”

Full Metal Alchemist, now shut up.” Scott said quickly, earnestly curious to hear Dr. Frank’s reaction. He was probably the only one of the five to believe what he was talking about.

“No, my dear boy. Not Alchemy.” Dr. Frank seemed to get a chuckle out of that. “Listen, tell you what. Come back to Frankenstein Manor today and I’ll tell you everything you need to know. If you want to know the secret behind your dreams, and what happened last night, you should come. Now go, school’s almost over.”

Rachael was the first out of the room, and the others caught up to her. “Rachael,” Vince whispered, so the other students wouldn’t hear. “We should give him a chance. Look, I know it sounds crazy, but this sorta thing happened a while back in Briarwood when I was there on vaca--”

“No! This can’t be happening.” Rachael said, shaking her head and pushing past Vince. “I was wrong. Our dreams mean nothing, last night was some freaky collective hallucination, and Dr. Frankenstein is not our Biology Teacher!”

“Shh!” He forcibly whispered.

“Rach,” Scott said, lowering his tone. “I honestly believe this guy. Plus, we can go back there during the day, so it won’t be as bad.” He paused. “And you’re my only ride there!” He crossed his arms and stomped his foot.

Rachael shook her head. “Nope. There is no way I’m going back there.” She looked to them with stern eyes and began grabbing books from her locker, shoving them in her bag. The others looked back at her with awe. “What?” Finn, eyes wide in amazement, pointed to her locker. It was closed and locked. Her hand was halfway inside the locker—through the metal—grabbing a book. Her own eyes wide, she drew her hand and watched as it move with ease through the metal locker.

“Now would you like to see him?” Pharrah asked. Even she wanted to head there now.

Rachael shook her head in agreement, backing away from her locker. Today was Friday, so it meant no sports practices. “She’s not the only one.” Scott said, and the others turned to him. “I can do stuff now too. Look.” He ran own the hall in a blur, papers flying everywhere. He entered from the opposite direction in the same blur, skidding to a halt in front of them. It was lucky no one was around. “I noticed it when I missed the bus this morning. How else do you explain super speed and phasing?” He asked, motioning to Rachael’s hands. “None of us stepped in toxic ooze.” He said jokingly.

Vince nodded. “It’s settled then. We go home, get changed, and meet at the entrance to the woods.”

They met later at the entrance of the woods, each by their car. Finn had picked up Scott this time. They met and walked silently down the forest road. Now that it was daytime, the forest road didn’t seem as scary. Rachael almost liked it. The crisp autumn breeze blew through her hair and tingled her face, as she pulled her coat closer around her. She squinted in the bright sunlight, and she liked it. She looked around, and the fall sun, the sun that shines so bright you can’t help but love it, illuminated her friends. Scott was walking along a fallen tree, but stumbled and fell off. His head popped up from behind the tree, and the sight made her laugh. Pharrah was edging closer to Finn, but Finn wasn’t moving away. Either he was oblivious, or he didn’t question her abnormal behavior. Vince wasn’t walking far from her, but she noticed his stride. It became more graceful, somehow. Each step he took, it looked like he was walking on air.

She noticed little things like this with the rest of them too. Scott was more aware, his senses kicked into overdrive. Finn always had some sort of water near him, whether it be spending more time at the pool or drinking more water. Pharrah looked thinner, more elongated. Her moves were fluid, not graceful like Vince, but fluid. She couldn’t really explain it, but it was like a ribbon moving through the air.

Maybe all this was in her head. They soon all came to the ridge and saw Frankenstein Manor. In the same fall sun, it didn’t look as menacing. The light had elongated the shadows, that was for sure, but that’s about it. It looked like any old mansion. There was surprisingly faded white paint all over the mansion. It lightened the haunting memory of last night. Vince turned with a hard to read expression on his face. “Here goes nothing.” He turned and walked down the hill, the others following him.

--------------------------------------------

The damp rainforest muck sloshed beneath Van Helsing’s boots. He lifted one up to view the damage done, and his face morphed into that of disgust. “Wretched place. Who would ever come here?” He looked around. “I must be getting close, then.” He continued walking, swatting bugs out of his way as he went. As he moved, he could feel eyes boring into him from the underbrush. Every so often, he would hear a rustle, and that let him know to stay on guard. He was in Hunter mode, thinking three steps ahead of his next one.

Then, he tripped. His head snapped back to the ground behind him, and he saw the muck settling. His keen eyes told him something had moved in the muck. He darted his eyes to each side before continuing, going through every tactic of every animal species known to man…or otherwise. When he thought it would strike next, he spun and jumped, leaping away from the hand reaching up for him. He whipped out his knife and slashed at the fingers, sending them flying off. A screech in pain echoed in the forest, and then more of the creatures emerged from the surrounding shrubbery, seemingly from the plants themselves. Each of them was a sickly green color, with leaves and other plant life making them up. A muzzle-like leaf covered their jaws, their beady red eyes eyeing Helsing with hunger.

Helsing’s fists shot up, and he assumed a fighting pose. “Homunculi.” A tone of disgust lingered in his voice. The first leapt, screeching and bearing the three claws on each hand. Helsing spun, kicking up as he did so. The homunculus burst into oblivion at the kick, falling to the ground. This drove the others into a frenzy. They dove, attacking Helsing as he expertly batted each away. One got past him and sliced his arm with the leaf on their forearm. Helsing’s eyes grew enraged, and the homunculi cowered under his gaze. The others backed away, sensing the power emanating from Helsing. He roared, and a blast of power exploded that part of the rainforest. Helsing stood, breathing heavily, as smoke rose from his frame. He looked to his arm, and watched as the wound closed before his eyes. He cracked his neck, continuing his search and brushing a leaf from his shoulder. He stopped and turned abruptly, eyeing a door latch hidden in moss. In one fell swoop, the moss was cleared from the metal hatch and Helsing banged on it heavily.

“Who is it?” A speaker beside the metal hatch said, the voice behind it coarse and twisted, bearing a British accent as well.

“Hesselius. Open the hatch. It’s Helsing.” He spoke as if he was speaking to an old friend, but still retained his resentful tone. Without another word, the hatch popped open, and Helsing stepped in. The hatch closed with a whoosh of air, and he stood in a dark laboratory, the faint glow of various shades of green the only light illuminating the whirring and humming machinery. Wires and pipes moved in and out of sight, transparent panels in them showing glowing green substances. The laboratory was damp and humid, almost like a greenery. “Come out wherever you are, Hesselius. We need to talk.” Helsing walked along the grated floor, green light coloring the mist that arose from it.

“My, my, my…” The voice the from speaker spoke, “Dr. Abraham Van Helsing. It has been so long, hasn’t it?” The chilling combination of a coarse voice and a British accent was almost unbearable. A creature stepped out from behind a machine, illuminated in the light. It was made from herbs, it looked, like the homunculi outside. Unlike the homunculi, however, this one was taller, fully grown, in the shape of a man. A bronze dome covered where the man’s heart should’ve been, bolted in place. Glowing green tubes moved from the heart around to its back, and then from its back up to the back of his head. Another tube ran from his abdomen around to his back as well. He was surprisingly muscular. His right arm was a mixture of bronze and silver, each plate bolted together and seemingly bolted to his body, but he moved it as though it were part of him. He moved his left arm the same way, which was a mass of stones, hinged where his elbow should be. The same could be said for his legs, Helsing guessed, though he could only see his feet. His right foot was made of metal, his left of stone. Over his shoulders grew two leaves, hanging over them like epaulettes. Two more leaves grew from his waist, covering his sides and back but leaving his front shown. Beneath those leaves, he wore a navy ankle length dress-like robe with a gold belt. His mouth was a bolted on piece of bronze, stretching over his mouth and jaw line, bolted into the herbal skin. Three vertical slits were etched into the bronze, on either side the filters of a gas mask. When he inhaled, his breathing sounded raspy and coarse, and echoed metallically beneath the bronze. Another piece of silver, bolted both the skin and part of the bronze plate, covered his right eye, obstructing it into a permanent glare as it glowed bright red. His left eye could barely be seen, as a rather large monocle covered it. The civilized monocle stood out in contrast to the monstrous appearance of the creature. “You got past my homunculi.” Hesselius said, more a statement of fact than a question. “How irritatingly inconvenient.” He tapped his fingertips together in a prayer motion, showing his thought process as he viewed Helsing. “You don’t look a day over 25, yet to my record books tell me the Monsters killed you ages ago.” Hesselius talked in a curious tone, as if he was examining a new specimen.

An audible growl escaped Helsing’s throat at the mention of Them.

“Ah,” Hesselius said, holding both index fingers up in discovery. “So they’ve returned.” Hesselius turned to the machine behind him and turned a few knobs.

“That is why I’m here, Hesselius. I need your help in my master plan.”

“Don’t call me by that name!” Hesselius shouted, waving his hand as if ushering the word from the air. “I am no longer Dr. Martin Hesselius.” He looked to his hands, and said, “I am only Hesselion.”

“Yes,” Helsing mused, looking over Hesselion’s body features. “Care to explain that?”

Hesselion looked back up to Helsing. “Very well. Follow me.” He turned, motioning for Helsing to follow. As Helsing observed Hesselion, he noticed his motions were almost robotic. No emotion shown whatsoever, every trace of humanity in him shrunken down to minute proportions. He didn’t seem to mind the bolts in his skin, thought it could hardly be called that. He led Helsing to a table with authentic British china cups, ornately placed on the table. The china was worn from years of misuse, slightly stained. Hesselion dumped out the contents of the two cups—which was a distinct olive green color--into a nearby sink. He filled them immediately with hot water and stuffed teabags I them, setting them on the table. “Cream and sugar?” Helsing took one look at the nasty green vile looking liquid forming in his dirty cup and frowned, shaking his head. “Alright, but my homegrown herbal tea is superb.” He attached a tube from his right arm to his tea, and Helsing watched as the tea traveled through the tube into his arm, like an IV. “Delicious.” Helsing thought he saw a bug scurry out of his up.

“I supposed you’ll be wanting to know of my change in appearance, eh?” Hesselion asked, sitting down opposite Helsing. Helsing nodded, and Hesselion continued. “As you know, I flourished as an occult doctor, Helsing.”

“Partly why I came. You’re the best I know.” Helsing admitted.

“Knew.” Hesselion corrected. “And flattery will get you everywhere.” He chuckled, the sound odd to Helsing’s ears. “Anyway, as I continued my work, I realized something. I, like so many of the beasts you killed, was going to die. I turned to Alchemy in response, and practiced in growing the perfect homunculi. Nasty little buggers, they are. But, if you create them, they are completely loyal and some of the best protectors one can have. Well, usually.” Hesselion said, addressing Helsing’s apparent massacre of homunculi. “Soon, I was able to grow a full-sized homunculus devoid of life. A hollow vessel, complete with bodily organs just waiting to be given life. I then used dark magic to transfer my life force into the body, forming a basic form of what you see before you. If was perfect. It never grew old. I was always in top physical shape.” His face lowered slightly. “But there are always two sides to every coin. I began subjecting myself to pain irrationally. I became addicted to it, almost enjoyed it. A side effect of becoming a homunculus, I’m afraid. They subject themselves to pain, and in return, are freed from it. It is really quite unexplainable. I cut of my limbs, only to have them replaced by metal, and stone…” He became lost in thought as he gazed to his right arm. “Did you know the Ancient Greeks believed bronze to hold celestial qualities…?” His voice trailed, but he soon veered back on track. “This body was my escape from the after life. No one wants to die, Helsing.”

Helsing paused, taking in his story. “I did.” He finally said in a grizzly tone. “And every day since then I’ve had to suffer in the beyond, waiting. Waiting until this exact moment. On the other side,” Helsing began, “Time is nothing. Years here are like seconds back there, while seconds here feel like years back there. Time means nothing. I didn’t know how long I would have to wait, but now I don’t have to.” He leaned forward across the table, an almost crazed look in his eye. “They’re back, Hesselion. It’s time to take my revenge.” His eyes darkened. “And you will serve me, is that clear?” His voice was firm now.

Hesselion seemed to realize what was within Helsing, the power he now possessed. Out of fear and admiration, he nodded yes. “Your science skill will be much needed against my enemy. I need creatures to carry out my bidding. How many of those homunculi do you have?”

Hesselion returned to his former dark mood. He motioned for Helsing to follow. He led him to the hallway they had passed through to get to the table, but finally stopped halfway through it. Now that he had stopped, Helsing noticed the humid air blowing into his face, whipping his hair slightly. Hesselion snapped his fingers, and floodlights flickered on. Row by row of lights illuminated a massive warehouse flooded with plant life. Homunculi scurried about all over, while others hatched from sickly green egg-shaped containers. There must have been over a million. “An army.” Hesselion said, cackling.

------------------------------------

Vince knocked on the wide front doors to Frankenstein manor, the others behind him. The knocks echoed for a moment before Frankenstein opened the door, cheery to see them. “Why hello! Please, come in, come in.” He ushered them in, even though they were reluctant at first.

Now, in the daytime, Frankenstein Manor wasn’t so scary. The white walls were slightly faded, paint chipped away in some places. Even that gave it an odd sort of cozy feel. “Follow me, my students, follow me!” Dr. Frank was unimaginably cheery for some reason. He stopped in front of a wall, and typed in a passcode on the wall. Wherever he touched would light up a different color, like it was a camouflaged digital lock. A sound echoed, and the wall turned before them, in the same manner it did last night to Pharrah, though it wasn’t the same wall.

“Told ya.” Scott said as they followed Dr. Frank down the spiral staircase behind the wall. They stepped out into a magnificent laboratory, gleaming cold metal everywhere/ They walked through, eyeing different experiments and inventions as they passed. They entered a doorway into what looked like a common room, with a large table in the center and video screens and control panels everywhere.

“Welcome to my humble abode and laboratory. Please, make yourselves comfortable!” He motioned for five chairs at the oval-shaped table, each lack with color coded edges. They each sat in the chair that was the same color as their symbol, which was also embedded into the metal at their table spot. Dr. Frank stood at the head of the table, looking to each one of them individually before beginning. “First off, I am very glad you all have decided to show up.” He looked to Rachael in particular, who sank deeper in her chair.

“To begin my lesson,” He was approaching this like it was evolution, “I shall tell you all about the Five Ancient Monsters. Over time, evolution took course and began producing offsets of humanity, new species that lived in peace with humans. The first of each race were all-powerful, the strongest monsters there were. As time passed, however, some people viewed them with disdain. One such man in particular is the reason for their downfall.” He paused, gathering the breath in his chest. “Dr. Abraham Van Helsing.”

“The famous monster hunter?” Scott chimed in. He knew more about any of this stuff then the others.

Dr. Frank nodded. “The very one. An evil man, he was.”

“But I thought he was a good guy. He killed all those famous monsters.”

Dr. Frank twinged slightly. “All lies, weaved by Helsing himself. Believe me, I know first hand. He was a perfectionist, and saw the monsters as a plague. He tricked man into believing these monsters were evil, when they were just trying to live. Man kind, vexed by his trickery, killed off every species of monster until only the Five remained. In the final showdown, the Monsters killed Helsing, but not before he set a curse upon them. He trapped their lives in spirit form, and sent them to another dimension.”

The others sat in awe at the story, most staring blankly with their mouths hung wide.

“And where do we fit in?” Finn said, calm and collected as ever. The others could see he was getting used to this talking thing.

Dr. Frank brightened up after his dark story. “Ah, very good question. You each are the descendant of The Five Ancient Monsters!”

What!?” They all screamed in unison.

“Indeed! You each carry within you the dormant abilities of one of the Five Ancient Monsters.” He looked to Vince, who couldn’t believe any of this. “Vincent Drason.” Vince looked up at the mention of his name. “You are the descendant of the King of all Vampires, Count Vladislaus Dracula.” He gulped, rubbing his neck.

Dr. Frank looked to Scott, who was covering his collar over his neck and staring at Vincent in horror. “Scott Clawrick.” Dr. Frank said. Scott’s gaze shifted immediately to him. “You are the descendant of the First Werewolf, The Alpha.” Scott didn’t move, he couldn’t move. This was all too much for him.

“Finnigan Laggon.” Finn looked up, unaltered. “You are the descendant of the Creature of the Swamps, the Gill-Man.” Finn simply raised an eyebrow.

“Pharrah Amun.” Pharrah’s eyes bulged beneath her glasses, unable to take in so much information at once. “You are the descendant of the Mummy, High Priest Imhotep.”

Dr. Frank looked to Rachael and could see her face didn’t believe any of this. “Rachael Ghoulscroft.” Rachael heard her name but didn’t move, staring blankly ahead in shock. “You are the descendant of death itself, The Grim Reaper.” The color washed itself from Rachael’s face, and she went pale.

He resumed his story, now skipping ahead to the present. “When you entered my home last night, you unlocked the gateway to the dimension in which your ancestor’s spirits lay. Only those with the Monster’s blood within them could unlock the coffin and open the portal. The Monster Spirits now reside within you.”

“Is that why we have strange powers?” Pharrah questioned, pushing her glasses up.

Dr. Frank grinned. “Precisely.”

“Pharrah, you have a power too?” Rachael said, genuine care and concern filling her voice.

In response, Pharrah held out her hand for Rachael to shake it. She grabbed hold, but immediately felt like her hand was being crushed. Pharrah quickly let go, afraid to break something. “Sorry…” She trailed apologetically. “Super Strength,” Pharrah looked to Scott, “Right?” Scott nodded quickly, amazed that she knew comic book super power terms.

“So why is all this happening?” Vince asked, spinning in his chair to look to Dr. Frank.

Dr. Frank’s expression went glum. “Helsing has returned.” He paused, letting it sink in. “The curse he set upon the monsters allowed him to return from the after life when their spirits were awakened. He will stop at nothing for his revenge, even if that means harming humanity in the process.” They all finally got what he meant when he said ‘their spirits were awakened.’

“So how do we stop him?” Scott said. With each word he spoke, he got more used to the idea of him being a werewolf. He viewed this like a comic book—they were the rising heroes meant to stop the evil villain.

Dr. Frank lit up once more. It seemed each time something dreary was mentioned, something cheerful followed. “I had hoped you would be the one to bring that up, Scott! You see, there are no ways yet to unlock your full monster spirit. However, I have discovered a way to utilize your spirits through another venue.” He raised his left arm, and the others watched as the skin shimmered and faded away, like a hologram, revealing the metal and wires they saw the night before. His whole arm was robotic. He pressed a button after lifting up a metallic plate, and the symbols before each of the teens parted, revealing rising…coffins? A small coffin shaped device, each with their symbol and a design on it, rose from the table before them. A coffin with a red bat and stripe-like triangles on its side rose in front of Vince. A coffin bearing a blue wolf head and trapezoids along its edge rose in front of Scott. Finn looked to the green fish head and squares on his coffin’s side. Pharrah examined the yellow scarab and zigzags on hers. Rachael glanced at the pink ghost and circle covered coffin before her.

“The dimension Van Helsing sealed the spirits in is known as the Morphing Grid. Even within your bodies, the spirits still dwell there. These Monster Morphers allow you to access the spirits to transform you into a Supernatural Fighting Force. The Power Rangers: Monster Battalion!”

Scott looked to be having a seizure. “Power Rangers!? We get to be Power Rangers!?” He screamed, snatching his morpher and attaching it to his wrist. A black wrist band materialized, fitting his wrist. The morpher rested the long way down his arm, so when he held his forearm up, it laid horizontally before him. The head of the coffin, where the symbol lay, was near his hand. Scott flipped open the lid and tinkered with the number keys. To their right, he saw a small computer screen. Each screen and set of number keys was the ranger’s respective color. “This is soooo cool! Do we get weapons? Zords!? Daily half-hour airings on a famous Kids TV Channel!?” His voice progressed higher and higher with each word.

“Power Rangers, huh?” Vince said, flipping open the lid to his morpher and looking at it. “Like Mystic Force? I remember them from when I lived in Briarwood.”

“Exactly the same!” Dr. Frank said exuberantly. “You can call upon your ranger powers by using the morphing call ‘Monster Battalion, Unleash the Beast.’ Trust me, when the time comes, you’ll know what to do.”

“Dr. Frank?” Pharrah asked, placing her morpher on her wrist as the others had done. “I’ve been wondering something?”

“What, dear?” Dr. Frank said, typing something into a nearby keyboard.

“Whatever happened to your invention?” Dr. Frank stopped typing, gripping the control panel for support. “Is the story true?”

Dr. Frank nodded. “Partly. Helsing saw it as the ultimate abomination, and tricked my fellow villagers into burning him alive.” He took a harsh breath, obviously remembering something that pained him. “He was the key to life! I showed that God was not the only one who could create life! And he stole it from me.” He slammed his fist onto the control panel, and a sudden silence ushered into the room. Then he remembered something. He turned to the others. “I almost forgot!” He motioned for them to follow them as he headed down a side hallway.

Rachael stayed behind, staring at her morpher. After a moment she grabbed it and followed the others. They moved through a dark hallway, as they did, lights would come on along the wall, illuminating the next few feet. They reached the end, and were surrounded in darkness. The same hallway, but with fiberglass walls to look out into the black. They then were in a room in the shape of a sphere with transparent walls. Finn looked back and saw one of the viewing screens in the common room. It wasn’t a computer screen, it was a window. As they all looked out, lights brightened, each a different color, and each in a pair. The brighter they got, the more they looked like eyes. Ravenous, monster eyes. They came to heard animalist sounds as well, growls and grunts, moans and howls. A jingling, almost like chains rattling, blended with the sounds.

“Wh-what are they?” Rachael stammered from the back of the group. She noticed the pair of pink eyes regarding her especially.

“They are the Monster Zords.” Dr. Frank said. “I built them, pouring into them the only bits of the Five Ancient Monsters I had left. I could never tame them, which is why they’re chained in this room. Only those who bear the proper spirit can tame them.” He looked to the others. “You.”

“I can’t believe any of this.” Rachael said, turning and walking back down the corridor. She hung her head, wrapping her arms around herself. She headed past the common room to the exit.

Vince looked to Dr. Frank, apology changing his face. “Sorry.” The others ran after Rachael, following her out.

Dr. Frank was left in the zord observatory. He listened to the Monster Zords’ growls, and said, “Yes. They are a lot like them. Let’s hope they see that before anything bad happens.”

----------------------------------------

Hope ya like it ^_^

Zora.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zora.

Way to go Wolfie :D

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cryo-Wolf
Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mer-Man

Ooo A new one goes to read

Dontess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dontess

This is so bad ass power rangers was like my favorite show when i was a kid... sh!t it still is

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Sweet.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points