Pokemon Eclipse #8: The Smuggler

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here!

"Professor you can't be serious!" Naomi hissed as Kukui shouldered her bag, and knocked on the door to the ferry terminal. A few seconds later the door opened and a man dressed in the uniform of Team Skull peered through the crack of the door.

"As you requested, some medical supplies for your Pokémon, not to mention my assistance." Kukui told the man, the door opening a little wider to reveal at least eight tourists tied to their chairs by layers of silk.

"Who's she?" The grunt asked, as the not delivering Rattata slipped inside through the Grunt's legs.

"The person who's here to make sure that the hostages are all released, just as you promised." Naomi replied as she saw her bag squirm slightly. "I'll be wanting my bag back too, undamaged with all my personal possessions intact."

"Ain't promising anything." The Grunt stated. "Spinerak release them now." He ordered as a large green spider like Pokémon dropped down from the ceiling and slit the silk bonds open with its mandibles. Stepping to one side, Kukui and Naomi counted the hostages out, before stepping inside, a number of unconscious Salandit and Rattata lying on the booking desk.

"Okay Doc fix our mons, or everything in the terminal bombs." The Grunt ordered, as Kukui placed the bag on the ground and went to unzip the top. "Hey, stop you're not opening that without us checking it first!" The Grunt yelled as he and the other two Team Skull members descended on the bag. Ripping the top off, the first grunt pulled out a pair of potions before looking down curiously at an item in the bag. "Hey E," he snorted as he pulled out Mimikyu, the Pokémon staying absolutely still, "here's a Poke Doll for your little sister." He grunted, as he handed Mimikyu to his mate. "Oh what's thi...?” He never finished as a torrent of string shot out of the bag, covering his mouth and eyes.

"We said no Pokémon!" The grunt holding Mimikyu bellowed, as Grubbin slithered out of the bag. Almost immediately the third Grunt tried to stomp on the Pokémon, only to be tackled to the floor by Kukui, the pair rolling on the floor as they each tried to immobilise each other.

"No you said Kukui couldn't bring his Pokémon." Naomi replied sweetly. "Oh and Mimikyu use Astonish." She added, Mimikyu's cloth head rotating 180 degrees to look at the Grunt, his face contorting into one of shock and fear before falling to the floor. As he went down, the Grunt covered in silk managed to free his mouth and uncover his eyes.

"That Astonish is Super Effective, but now it's time to show you that your battle style is defective!" He sneered, as Kukui got to his feet, his opponent unconscious on the floor. "Spinerak use String Shot and take out Mimikyu!" He snarled, as Spinerak shot a web of silk over Mimikyu, the sticky structure preventing the little Pokémon from escaping.

"Naomi may I use your Grubbin?" Kukui asked, as Naomi removed Litten's Poke Ball from her trouser pocket.

"It's a wild Pokémon Professor, you don't have to ask." Naomi replied, as Litten emerged, its eyes fixed on Spinerak and Rattata. "Litten use Ember on Spinerak!" She ordered.

"Grubbin, use Bug Bite on Rattata." Kukui added, as a rolling jet of flame washed over Spinerak until it fainted. Seconds later Grubbin sunk its jaws into Rattata's paw, the pain sending the mouse Pokémon scurrying back to behind its trainer's legs. Grumbling a bit, the Grunt reached for another Poke Ball, only for the departure gate doors to slip open and two trainers dressed in shorts and striped t-shirts strode in, dark glasses covering their eyes.

"Keep it down out here knuckle-heads, the boss can barely hear himself think, let alone the music." One grunted as he looked around the room in horror. "What happened here?" He gasped as his eyes darted over to where Litten was burning the strands of silk off of Mimikyu. "And who the hell are they!!" He spat, as a third man walked in from departures, a trilby hat on his head and a bulky overcoat covering his body. "Boss I'm sorry I know you don't like being disturbed." He yammered.

"I'm not happy Trudly." The 'boss' replied calmly. "I said I wanted quiet, and now these punks are messing with our operation. You two, you know how hard it is to smuggle my clients requests into Alola? It's hard, and you two have ruined it. Foley the music please." He ordered in a calm level voice. Nodding one of the smugglers connected his PokeDex to one of the departure gate computers, an upbeat and infectious disco beat sounding through the terminal's speaker system. "Okay baby, time to boogie!" The man snapped as he shucked his hat and coat to reveal a bright red jumpsuit and a massive afro dyed half white and half red.

"Uhm what?" Naomi asked, as she tried to process the sudden change in atmosphere.

"Wanderer and Master Smuggler Mirror B wants to battle!" The man with the afro told her as he spun and threw a Poke Ball, a large duck like Pokémon with a wide brimmed water lily leaf on its head appearing and dancing to the beat. "Ludicolo use Teeter Dance!" He ordered, his Ludicolo quacking slightly before spinning round, its revolutions mirrored by Mimikyu, Litten, Grubbin and the remaining Team Skull Rattata, all four Pokémon collapsing from dizziness within seconds of each other.

#272 Ludicolo the Carefree Pokemon, Grass/Water Type
#272 Ludicolo the Carefree Pokemon, Grass/Water Type

"Nice moves boss!" Trudly, or perhaps Foley, cheered.

"What are you talking about, this is crazy!" The Team Skull grunted.

"Ludicolo expel him from the dance floor using Hydro Pump." Mirror B ordered, Ludicolo blasting the Grunt with a powerful torrent of water that sent the thug crashing through the doors and into Sesmitoad's belly as it stood outside, as per its instructions. "Now that groovy water type, that'll battle!"

"Okay then." Naomi hissed, as Kukui grabbed the fainted Pokémon and moved them off the battle field as Seismitoad stomped forwards, its red eyes glowering at Ludicolo as the Carefree Pokémon danced to the beat, seemingly without a care in the world.

"This chick knows how to dance." Mirror B said, a big smile on his face. "Ludicolo open up with a Hydro Pump!" He ordered, another high pressure jet of water shooting from Ludicolo's mouth and slamming into Seismitoad, the impact leaving a burning mark on Naomi's Pokémon’s chest. "Give that lump another one!" He ordered as Ludicolo got ready to fire again.

"Seismitoad block it with Ice Punch." Naomi called just as Ludicolo fired another Hydro Pump, only for its target to slam a frozen fist into the torrent and flash freezing it all the way back to its opponent's mouth. "Reel it in and use Drain Punch!" Naomi ordered as Seismitoad grabbed the shard of ice and dragged the struggling Ludicolo forward before landing a vicious punch on its opponent, the burning welt on its chest rapidly healing.

"So you want to be physical?" Mirror B cackled. "Ludicolo lets heat things up a bit with Scald!" He ordered as the ice in Ludicolo's mouth was vaporized in a blinding flash, the energy release sending both Pokémon skidding backwards, steam hanging in the air. Seconds later an alarm sounded and the sprinklers burst to life drenching the terminal building interior. "Gotta love dancing in the rain." Mirror B stated as the two powerful water Pokémon glistened under the terminal buildings spotlights.

"Seismitoad reply with your own Scald!" Naomi called. Opening fire Seismitoad watched as Ludicolo blurred away from where it was standing, the Scald attacking striking the wall it had been standing in front of seconds earlier.

"Ludicolo use Hydro Pump!" Mirror B hissed, splashes of water spraying up as he continued to groove to the tunes sounding from the speakers.

"Seismitoad dodge it please!" Naomi squeaked, her Pokémon responding by blurring away from the attack, just as its opponent had just down.

"Great minds babe, looks like we're Swift Swimming down the same dance floor!" Mirror B cackled.

"Give it another Drain Punch Seismitoad." Naomi called as Seismitoad's hand balled into a fist ready for another attack. Dashing towards Ludicolo, Mirror B smiled, a wicked smile. "Ludicolo use Scald on the spray!" He ordered, his Pokémon releasing a boiling torrent of water at the floor, super heating it as Seismitoad dashed across, burning welts forming on its body. Landing its blow, Seismitoad almost collapsed from the effort, its skin burning all over, as Ludicolo's face went from carefree to malicious.

"Enough please!" Naomi yelled as Seismitoad went down on one knee, pain spread across its face.

"You need to learn babe, you never cross swords with Mirror B on the dance floor or the battle field." Mirror B cackled. "Ludicolo use Giga Drain!" He sneered, his Pokémon’s hands glowing green as a stream of sparks rolled off Seismitoad's body into its own, its victim's skin desiccating whilst all the fat and muscle on Naomi's Pokémon was eaten away.

"Boss the Escape Rope is coded ready for delivery." Foley called, as he pulled the Poke Dex from the speakers, a length of rope coiled over his shoulder.

"Till next time, keep it real Skitty." Mirror B stated as he flew a kiss at Naomi before recalling Ludicolo back to its Poke Ball. Seconds later there was a flash, and he and his goons were gone. Darting over to Seismitoad, Naomi placed her hands on her Pokémon’s cheek, her face full of worry.

"You did great Seismitoad." Naomi whispered.

"Don't worry, the Poke Centre should be able to help him." Kukui reassured her, as he picked up her bag, a look of both pride and worry on his face as he watched Naomi, Mimikyu and Litten crowd round Seismitoad to reassure the old warrior that everything would be alright.

Professor Kukui watched as Naomi sat next to the intensive care unit Seismitoad was strapped into, Litten dozing on her lap, whilst Mimikyu stood next to Sesmitoad's head, completely silent as it watched and waited for its friend to awake from the healing comma it had been placed in.

"Naomi may I speak to you quickly?" Kukui asked, the young woman nodding slightly as she placed Litten on the ground, the kitten like Pokémon twitching in its sleep. "Bring your PokeDex too" He added, as Naomi headed towards him out of the ward. "I'm sorry about Seismitoad, if I hadn't insisted on going in..."

"Professor you didn’t know. Neither Seismitoad or I would think about blaming you for this." Naomi replied, burning track marks from tears rolling down her face. "Now what did you want to ask?"

"It's about the Pokémon my courier friend from Sinnoh was bringing to the isles. You see I designed this PokeDex variant to house a Pokémon called Rotom, a ghost type that can possess electronics. Coupled with the on-board computing software, a Rotom possessed PokeDex can help trainers far more than a normal one." Kukui explained. "Once quarantine has been completed, I'll upgrade your PokeDex, since Rotom is just plasma it should take no more than a day."

#479 Rotom the Plasma Pokemon, Electric/Ghost Type
#479 Rotom the Plasma Pokemon, Electric/Ghost Type

"Thanks Professor." Naomi sighed as she looked back at Seismitoad.

"There is something else regarding the Grubbin you made friends with." Kukui added. "I would like to study what kind of moves it gets due to some irregularity I noticed in the battle, I'd compensate you by trading a cool Pokémon from my lab."

"Sounds fair, I'm happy to help." Naomi replied with a sad looking half smile, as Seismitoad stirred slightly. "I have to go but thanks for the Rotom PokeDex and everything." She added as she walked back into the ward. Watching for a minute or two, Kukui headed out into the hallway, only to come face to face with Hala.

"Well what do you think?" Kukui asked the old Kahuna.

"Naomi's ability to connect with wild Pokémon is unlike anything I've ever seen." Hala grumbled as he shook his head. "Somehow they see her almost instantly as a friend."

"It stretches further than that." Kukui told him. "She befriended a Grubbin, one she hadn't caught. The same Pokémon allowed me to command it in battle, something that should be impossible."

"Not impossible, just improbable." Hala corrected him. "I see no harm letting this play out, Naomi is a good person and no danger to the Pokémon she's befriending. That said it might be wise to keep an eye on her, she may not be a danger, but there are people who'd try and control her who are. It is clear that we can't ignore your old friend Guzma anymore, not when his actions have escalated as dramatically and as dangerously as they have. For the sake of everyone in Alola it's time to see him as an enemy Kukui."

"I guess, I just wish I had more time to save him." Kukui sighed as he put his head in his hands in despair. "And that he wanted to be saved at all."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

This mirror b character. ....he is the greatest master of pokemon. I demand for him to take Ash's place in the anime

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers