ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here!

Naomi headed up the path away from Iki Town toward the peak known locally as Ten Carat Hill, the path rocky underfoot as she scrambled upwards. Reaching a fork in the road, she stopped and sat down by the sign Seismitoad slumping down next to her, whilst Mimikyu popped its head out of her bag.

"I'm certain I've seen Lusamine somewhere before..." Naomi told herself as she removed Litten's Poke Ball from her bag, and released the cat Pokémon. As Litten leaped onto her lap, she spotted a man in a trench coat make his way up the oath, his eyes darting to each of the paths and then to Naomi and her Pokémon.

"You're the trainer who helped Hala defeat those Voltorb right?" The man asked. "I overheard you talking to the Aether Foundation President, and was very interested in your opinion." He added, as Litten let out a low growl of mistrust at the man and his questions.

"Keep your interests to yourself." Naomi replied, her fist balled ready to defend herself if the stranger decided to attack her. “You followed me up here, I want to know the truth, not some rehearsed answer about my opinions."

"You mentioned indoctrination in regards to Lusamine." The man stated. "It seems that someone besides me recognised the control that the President has over people and Pokémon. I came here to investigate the appearance of unknown Pokémon not too long ago, and now I'm looking into a potential Pokémon rights violation occurring at the Aether Paradise but ultimately no one save for those morons in Team Skull had anything bad to say about the organisation, at least until you."

"You can look elsewhere" Naomi replied. "I'm not looking to make an enemy in anyone."

"You're accent is Invictian, possibly from around the Silverhurst City area. If that's true and you've already made enemies simply by picking up a Poke Ball." The man told her. "I was born in Brook Bank City before the war, and even though my parents moved to Sinnoh before Invictia was involved in the Kanto Civil War, I faced a lot of prejudice and a lot of people who considered my a traitor and a mercenary without them even knowing me." He added as he turned to look down at Iki Town. "Even if you believe that you don't have any enemies, I know you have friends."

"Leave them alone!" Naomi yelled as she got to her feet, her sudden movement sending Litten rolling onto the ground with an undignified thump.

"That wasn't a threat, at least not from me." The mysterious man told her as he headed down the mountain. "The people who tried to kill Hala will try again. Don't trust me, that's fine, but do act on my warning, that's the right thing to do." He told her as he stopped to shoot her a tired looking smile. "That and keep a lookout for me, I sense that we may just work together in the future."

Shaking her head Naomi looked up the right hand path, before grabbing her bag and heading further up the hill, the afternoon sun beginning to sink over the western ocean and the first stars began to be visible high up in the heavens above.

Naomi looked into the crater on the side of Ten Caret Hill, and the recently constructed prefab unit surrounded by a circle of lightning rods. In a container at the base of each of the lightning roads was a Pokémon, seemingly carved from stone with two rock like arms sprouting from a head, an array of barb like flakes of iron covering its head. Watching closely from the safety of the undergrowth, Naomi watched the door to the unit open, and saw a man dressed in the same black tank top and white shorts as the thief on the boat emerge.

"Pah stupid Geodude, we can barely get enough voltage to keep the field generator online." The thug snorted, as a woman dressed in the same uniform emerged. "I mean its whack Mac."

#74 Geodude the Rock Pokemon, Rock/Electric Type
#74 Geodude the Rock Pokemon, Rock/Electric Type

"Get the lingo right, as soon as we kill the Kahuna everything will be bright." The woman told him as she checked the electrical output on a handheld tablet. "C should be back soon with more Pokémon to power the generator to both the field generator and the avalanche drill."

"We shouldn't have used up all those Voltorb the smugglers brought us from Kanto." The first thug grunted, as an almost identical figure dragged a cage up a path cut into the rock leading down to Iki Town.

"You order juice bro?" The new arrival asked, as he slipped a hand into the cage and pulled out a yellow mouse like Pokémon with a bent tail and small red cheeks. It bared a slight resemblance to Mimikyu, Naomi noted, and she wondered as the thug threw it into the cell at the base of an inactive lighting rod, sparks arching upwards seconds after he closed the door. As the thugs talked among themselves, Naomi heard the crack of a broken twig behind her, and spun round to see Hau and Luna standing behind her.

#172 Pichu the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, Electric Type
#172 Pichu the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, Electric Type

"The festival is about to start!" Luna announced as the children looked down in horror at the camp below them. "Who are they?"

"They look like Team Skull." Hau whispered as he peered at the lightning rods. "Oh my, they're using those Geodude and that Pichu to power those ugly things for...uh any ideas."

"Some kind of field generator and drill." Naomi replied as the Team Skull grunts walked back to the prefab units. "They were lamenting giving up some Voltorb earlier, they seem to be the ones who are trying to kill Hala." She added, a look of shock spreading across Hau's face.

"Then we need to stop them right now!" Hau yelled, his voice echoing around the crater and causing the door of the prefab unit to burst open, and all three grunts to rush out, their eyes scanning the hillside for the source of the mysterious voice. "I guess we battle them and then..."

"It's not that simple we need to depower the rods by releasing the captive Pokémon." Naomi told him, as she looked over to where Seismitoad was sitting. "Seismitoad do you think you can break the drill while we get the Pokémon out?" She asked, the bulbous water Pokémon nodding in confirmation. "I guess now we battle them." She sighed, as she skidded down the hill, her descent followed by Hau and Luna, the sudden noise causing the Team Skull Grunts to spin round their faces showing shocked looking expressions as the three new trainers walked towards them.

"Yo turn back you numb skulls this place is dangerous." The female grunt announced as she pulled a Poke Ball off her belt, her compatriots doing the same.

"I'm not going to let you kill my grandfather!" Hau yelled, his voice clear even over the hiss and crack of the lightning rods.

"Whoa a Kahuna's kid!" A male grunt gasped. "Mister Guzma will reward us if we put a punk that connected in his place." He snorted, as Naomi, Luna and Hau all chose their battle partners. In an instant six Poke Balls had been thrown, and Litten, Popplio and Rowlet were squaring off against a Rattata, Spinerak and a dark skinned lizard with shifty eyes and a bandit mask over its head. "Okay A, C let’s get that cash money for ending these fools."

#757 Salandit the Toxic Lizard Pokemon, Poison/Fire Type
#757 Salandit the Toxic Lizard Pokemon, Poison/Fire Type

"Salandit use Smog, blind em all." The female grunt ordered, the lizard like Pokémon responding by coughing out a thick black cloud of choking gas.

"Litten burn the cloud away with Ember." Naomi ordered as Litten spat a burning fireball at the cloud, the gas exploding on contact with the heat, the shockwaves causing all hut the two fire type Pokémon on the battlefield to flinch as a burning current of air washed over them.

"Rowlet use Leafage against the Rattata!" Luna ordered as Rowlet twitched its head before flapping its stubby wings and shooting a salvo of arrow like leaves towards the rodent like Pokémon.

"Spinerak intercept with Poison Sting!" One of the grunts yelled, a salvo of glowing needles shooting up from Spinerak and shredding the leaves they came into contact with.

"Popplio blast Salandit with Water Gun!" Hau yelled as Rowlet fired off another salvo of leaves, this time at Spinerak, only for the spider like Pokémon to once again intercept it.

"Rattata use Quick Attack and knock its aim out of whack!" The third grunt ordered, his Pokémon hitting Popplio with a speedy tackle just as it fired a jet of water out of its mouth, the attack hitting the lightning rod containing Pichu and shorting it out, the doors at the base opening and freeing the captured Pokémon inside. "Look what you did kid!" The grunt sneered, as Popplio smacked Rattata away from it with its broad flippers. "B get that rat back in its cage yo." He ordered, as his comrade with the Spinerak turned to look at the escaped Pokémon, before turning around, just as another Pokémon emerged from the bushes.

"Why bother with that runt when there's a Pikachu right there!" He grunted, as dashed past the battling Pokémon and grabbed the 'Pikachu' only to balk as he saw how deformed the creature actually was.

"Mimikyu use Astonish." Naomi stated as Popplio blasted Salandit with a Water Gun attack, its reptilian target fainting. Seconds later the look on the Team Skull Grunt's face twisted into one of revulsion and shock as he dropped Mimikyu and fell to the floor crying.

"Yo that thing is revolting and now it’s bolting!'' The crying grunt gasped as Rowlet knocked out his comrade's Rattata with a hail of razor edged leaves. Turning his two colleagues saw Mimikyu scuttle into the field of lightning rods.

"Stay here and keep these punks busy, I'll grab that darling Pokémon." The female Grunt ordered, just as Spinerak was overcome by the flames. Darting after Mimikyu, she screamed as Seismitoad reappeared a lightning rod under one arm, and the crushed drill bit under the other. With a grunt, the large Pokémon slammed the later into what looked like a satellite dish, the device sparking before cracking open to reveal a yellow rooster like head.

"Oh cra..." One of the grunts swore as the head cracked open to reveal a slim figure with an orange comb of feathers sprouting from its head, a look of pure anger spread across its face. With a loud clear bellow, electricity arched from the lightning rods into this new Pokémon, before exploding outwards freeing the Geodude and melting all the man-made structures to vaporise in a spray of sparks. As it did, the cliff face the drill had been weakening cracked, and hunks of rock started rolling down the hill towards Iki Town. Recalling their Pokémon the Team Skull darted in an attempt to escape, while Luna, Naomi and Hal did the same with their partner Pokémon.

#785 Tapu Koko the Land Spirit Pokemon, Electric/Fairy Type
#785 Tapu Koko the Land Spirit Pokemon, Electric/Fairy Type

"Mimikyu!" Naomi yelled as she spotted Seismitoad hunker down over Mimikyu to protect it.

"The Pichu!" Hau yelled as he darted into the rock slide and grabbed the mouse like Pokémon, only for a boulder the size of a table to roll towards him. In a flash the masked Pokémon turned and discharged a wave of electricity that vaporised all the falling stones in a flash, dust covering the clearing. Seconds later something black darted from the hillside, its body gleaming in the moonlight before disappearing into the darkness. "Thank you Tapu Koko." Hal groaned, as the Pokémon in question bowed before heading away into the undergrowth.

"Are you okay?" Luna gasped as she and Naomi ran over to Hau.

"I'm fine, so is this little guy." Hau gasped as he got to his feet. "That was Tapu Koko, but who was that other Pokémon?"

"I don't know." Naomi sighed as Seismitoad and Mimikyu dug their way out of the ground seemingly no worse for wear. "Maybe Hala will know." She suggested as fireworks shot up from Iki Town announcing the beginning of the festival. "Perhaps," She replied as she caught a glimpse of Tapu Koko's silhouette imposed against the moon, as well as that of Absol the two Pokémon watching the three trainers below them with interest, "perhaps the disaster is yet to come."

Invictia PokeDex - Coltstice

National Dex Number -199

Name - Coltstice

Height - 1.8m/5'9

Weight - 100kg/220lb

Species - Liberation Pokémon

Type - Ghost/Fire (Grass, Ice, Water depending on form)

Ability - Liberty Charge (All attacks that share a typing with a form of Coltstice gain a STAB bonus, regardless of that form)

Appearance - Coltstice has many forms that change with the season. These forms are classified as the Equinox Form and the Solstice Form. Within each of these forms there are two sub forms, within the Equinox Form there is the Equinox-A and Equinox-S form, with the former being Ghost/Grass Type, and the latter being Ghost/Water. Within the Solstice Form there is the Solstice-S and Solstice-W Form with the typing being Ghost/Fire and Ghost/Ice typing respectively.

All the forms are based on horses. Coltstice Equinox A has brown skin and has bull-rushes for a mane and a hooves made from worn river stone. Coltstice Solstice-S has black skin and a mane of blue flame that runs from the neck in a single line down to the tail, with burning blue flames covering its hooves. Coltstice Equinox-A has bay skin and rings of briars round its legs and course brambles for its mane and tail. Finally Coltstice Solstice-W has pale grey fur with icicles running down its back and four icicles surrounding each hoof.

Flavour Text

Coltstice Equinox-S - When Coltstice runs across a body of water it becomes wild and unpredictable for days. People have been killed in freak accidents after Coltstice has ran past.

Coltstice Solstice-S - Coltstice causes wildfires just by running through the plains. It is said that this Pokémon can inspire rebellions simply by being seen by those who wish to be free.

Coltstice Equinox-A - Harvests and plant growth becomes unpredictable when Coltstice steps into a field. Vicious brambles grown everywhere this Pokémon goes.

Coltstice Solstice-W - Vicious blizzards and hail storms signify that Coltstice is in the area. Any oppressors who see this Pokémon get uncontrollable chills down their back until freedom is achieved

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Awesome!! Free Pichu!!!!!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Well Hau has a Pichu and I always wondered how he got it in such a short time...

What did you think of the Coltstice PokeDex entry? May put the Invictia PokeDex on a blog and fill in entries as I go along.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I thought Pichu were relatively common in the city on melemele island. But this much better. It's always nice to have a story behind the meeting.

I liked the entry and definitely would like to see an invictiadex blog.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Cool thanks for the insight. And I never saw a single wild Pichu on Mele Mele Island :-(

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers