Poems

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

As some of you may know, recently I've stepped back from fan fic to write one chapter short stories. I've tried to write a lot of different genres (however hated they may be) and recently I've been trying to practice poetry to make myself into a more well rounded writer. This thread will serve as my basis for the Poems I come up with. Hope you enjoy!

My first Poem:

The Witching Hour:

They call midnight the Witching Hour.

When the birds and the bees

Scurry up to their trees

And you’re never the same again.

They call midnight the Witching Hour

When the warlocks fly

And the giants topple

When rats scurry

And bears rumble

And you’re never the same again.

More to come.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Death

It comes for me at night

I only see it's hand

It threatens to drag me down

No one escapes it's touch

The hand is long and slender

Yet aging day by day

It threatens to drag me down

No one escapes it's touch

It's grip grows ever tighter

As I grow ever older

The hand grows older with me

It threatens to drag me down

No one escapes it's touch.

Avatar image for the_poet
The Poet

8646

Forum Posts

116846

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@The Poet said:

cool

thanks!

I usually write Poems to get myself out of a writer's block.

Whatever works. :P

Avatar image for project_worm
Project_Worm

4360

Forum Posts

16

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Project_Worm

The death one was alright. The one about the random old guy was weird though (granted I gave up when you said he had the breath carried the stench of intelligence...)

Avatar image for feebadger
feebadger

1599

Forum Posts

5889

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By feebadger

Nice work primepower and a great way to diversify and improve your writing techniques.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@feebadger said:

Nice work primepower and a great way to diversify and improve your writing techniques.

thanks, man!

@Project_Worm said:

The death one was alright. The one about the random old guy was weird though (granted I gave up when you said he had the breath carried the stench of intelligence...)

That one was really...odd. That was one I did years ago when I was bored and randomly found on my blog.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Project_Worm: actually going to delete that one now to save myself further embarrassment from the idiocy of that one.

Avatar image for raiiyn
Raiiyn

3682

Forum Posts

27441

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Raiiyn

awesome =)

kinda wished I found this a few minutes earlier though so I could of seen the one about the old guy ;P

Avatar image for project_worm
Project_Worm

4360

Forum Posts

16

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Project_Worm

@Raiiyn said:

awesome =)

kinda wished I found this a few minutes earlier though so I could of seen the one about the old guy ;P

You really missed out... I wish I had quoted it xD

@primepower53 said:

@Project_Worm: actually going to delete that one now to save myself further embarrassment from the idiocy of that one.

It wasn't THAT bad prime just weird...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Raiiyn said:

awesome =)

kinda wished I found this a few minutes earlier though so I could of seen the one about the old guy ;P

thanks.

You wish. :P

@Project_Worm said:

@Raiiyn said:

awesome =)

kinda wished I found this a few minutes earlier though so I could of seen the one about the old guy ;P

You really missed out... I wish I had quoted it xD

@primepower53 said:

@Project_Worm: actually going to delete that one now to save myself further embarrassment from the idiocy of that one.

It wasn't THAT bad prime just weird...

I'M TAKING NO CHANCES!

Avatar image for raiiyn
Raiiyn

3682

Forum Posts

27441

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Raiiyn

@primepower53: I DO WISH! **chants** BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK **chants**

@Project_Worm: I'm just getting curiouser and curiouser... and dang it! how could you NOT quote something like that?! ;P

Avatar image for project_worm
Project_Worm

4360

Forum Posts

16

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Project_Worm

@Raiiyn said:

@primepower53: I DO WISH! **chants** BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK **chants**

@Project_Worm: I'm just getting curiouser and curiouser... and dang it! how could you NOT quote something like that?! ;P

I guess I'm just lame that way... Wait did he say his blog? >B]

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Project_Worm: I publish stuff wherever I can...@Raiiyn said:

@primepower53: I DO WISH! **chants** BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK **chants**

@Project_Worm: I'm just getting curiouser and curiouser... and dang it! how could you NOT quote something like that?! ;P

*sits and waits*

Avatar image for project_worm
Project_Worm

4360

Forum Posts

16

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Project_Worm

@primepower53 said:

@Project_Worm: I publish stuff wherever I can...@Raiiyn said:

@primepower53: I DO WISH! **chants** BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK **chants**

@Project_Worm: I'm just getting curiouser and curiouser... and dang it! how could you NOT quote something like that?! ;P

*sits and waits*

I found it...

Avatar image for raiiyn
Raiiyn

3682

Forum Posts

27441

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Raiiyn

@Project_Worm said:

@primepower53 said:

@Project_Worm: I publish stuff wherever I can...@Raiiyn said:

@primepower53: I DO WISH! **chants** BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK **chants**

@Project_Worm: I'm just getting curiouser and curiouser... and dang it! how could you NOT quote something like that?! ;P

*sits and waits*

I found it...

WHERE?!?!?!?!?!!?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Project_Worm: D: GAAH!

Avatar image for raiiyn
Raiiyn

3682

Forum Posts

27441

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Raiiyn

@Project_Worm: =O Merci Beaucoup!

@primepower53: ooOOOoooOOO can't hide it now ;P Really not THAT weird though =) still a good premise

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Raiiyn: @Project_Worm: @feebadger: @The Poet: I was caught in a lightning storm two nights ago. The following Poem came from that inspiration. Please post your thoughts.

The lightning crashes with a bang

The thunder roles across the sky

The rain falls down my window pane

Racing to the bottom

The pitter patter of the drops

Helps to calm my nerves

The thunder booms with one thousand drums

To make their voices heard.

The lightning flashes above the sky

It brightens the night sky.

The bolts crack through the night

Their streaks grow ever bolder.

Minute by minute the storm grows stronger.

Growing fiercer by the hour

My eyes fill with wondrous delight

To have the joy to see such a sight.

Avatar image for the_poet
The Poet

8646

Forum Posts

116846

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#21  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: that poem is...shocking (sorry couldn't help myself...first thought when I read it). Interesting poem

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: that poem is...shocking (sorry couldn't help myself...first thought when I read it). Interesting poem

shocking good or shocking bad?

Avatar image for the_poet
The Poet

8646

Forum Posts

116846

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#23  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: shocking electric

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: shocking electric

Avatar image for joygirl
Joygirl

21037

Forum Posts

482

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#25  Edited By Joygirl

Shoveler's Rhyme

As days go on, it must be done,

No matter wind or rain or sun.

Ignore the ache, ignore your smell,

For soon you'll dig straight through to Hell.

A steely spade within your mitts,

Your eyes now full of sandy grit,

Whether or not you even care,

You move the ground from here to there.

The task is sure to traumatize,

With sand and dirt in mouth and eyes,

But you let nothing interfere,

'Til ground is moved from there to here.

You take a breath, and drop the spade,

Collapsing in the hole you made,

And now you're done, you blow your nose,

To find you've snorted Oreos.

Avatar image for lololoki
lololoki

33

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By lololoki

:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@lololoki said:

:)

I take it you like it.

Avatar image for raiiyn
Raiiyn

3682

Forum Posts

27441

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Raiiyn

@primepower53: Awesomesauce =) I love rain... dont know if you can tell...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Raiiyn said:

@primepower53: Awesomesauce =) I love rain... dont know if you can tell...

I've been pronouncing your username wrong then :P

Avatar image for wildvine
wildvine

15199

Forum Posts

2609

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#30  Edited By wildvine

@primepower53 said:

@Raiiyn: @Project_Worm: @feebadger: @The Poet: I was caught in a lightning storm two nights ago. The following Poem came from that inspiration. Please post your thoughts.

The lightning crashes with a bang

The thunder roles across the sky

The rain falls down my window pane

Racing to the bottom

The pitter patter of the drops

Helps to calm my nerves

The thunder booms with one thousand drums

To make their voices heard.

The lightning flashes above the sky

It brightens the night sky.

The bolts crack through the night

Their streaks grow ever bolder.

Minute by minute the storm grows stronger.

Growing fiercer by the hour

My eyes fill with wondrous delight

To have the joy to see such a sight.

This was very apt for me as it is raining here.

Avatar image for wildvine
wildvine

15199

Forum Posts

2609

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#31  Edited By wildvine

@Joygirl said:

Shoveler's Rhyme

As days go on, it must be done,

No matter wind or rain or sun.

Ignore the ache, ignore your smell,

For soon you'll dig straight through to Hell.

A steely spade within your mitts,

Your eyes now full of sandy grit,

Whether or not you even care,

You move the ground from here to there.

The task is sure to traumatize,

With sand and dirt in mouth and eyes,

But you let nothing interfere,

'Til ground is moved from there to here.

You take a breath, and drop the spade,

Collapsing in the hole you made,

And now you're done, you blow your nose,

To find you've snorted Oreos.

This was awesome. And a surprise ending too. Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@wildvine:DOUBLE POST! lol.

Thor was going insane when I wrote that (get it? GET IT?)

Avatar image for wildvine
wildvine

15199

Forum Posts

2609

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#33  Edited By wildvine

@primepower53 said:

@wildvine:DOUBLE POST! lol.

Thor was going insane when I wrote that (get it? GET IT?)

Lol. you are a mad one. But a good poet/writer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

6064

Forum Posts

398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@wildvine: danke