Plug for Story Idea: Feedback and discussion.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

No Caption Provided

Hello friends

I am Molly. I have been a CV user for a while now and most often stick to the RPG section, however I feel like breaking out of mold and working on some Fan-Fiction for the time being. For my first story idea: I plan on writing a (Errol Flynn) Robin Hood, (Lucy Lawless) Xena crossover story event. It will be a fun filled, and action packed. I plan on creating a story based on both subject matters, and spring boarding them to life in a hybrid resolution. A before my time classic mixed with an old favorite. I assure you, I know both subject matters very well, for they are both very near and dear to my heart. I hope this gets some attention, and please feel free to post your reaction to this plug. I will only put in the work if I feel it is wanted. If I get the feeling that no one will enjoy my efforts, it would just as easily be worth my time to move on to the next idea. I am a single mother whom works full time hours from home. Please and thank you. :)

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Frenemy

I used to watch Xena lol. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this :3

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Frenemy:

Its going to take place between the 4th and 5th season. An unknown story that took place when Xena assumed Gabriel was dead, and written by an Unknown source. Not a part of the Gabriel chronicles of the Xena scrolls. :)

You can see that I am having much fun with this already. Thanks for commenting.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Naamah_Obyzouth: I watched a few episodes of Xena and Hercules as a kid and for some reason even purchased and beat the PS2 game.

I would definitely read this! :)

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lorbo

With writing I think it is always best to analyze why you write. The following is purely my opinion on writing:

The best reason to write I think is because you enjoy it and want to entertain others with it.

The worst reason to write is to be popular or famous. Why? Because there is no guarantee to that. If you write enough and you get good, people will come. In what quantity? Who knows...but if you entertain even a few, I consider it worth it. Worth it all the more if you actually enjoy it yourself enough that writer response won't hinder you.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@Naamah_Obyzouth: Cool idea, write it up and I'll have a read

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@lorbo said:

With writing I think it is always best to analyze why you write. The following is purely my opinion on writing:

The best reason to write I think is because you enjoy it and want to entertain others with it.

The worst reason to write is to be popular or famous. Why? Because there is no guarantee to that. If you write enough and you get good, people will come. In what quantity? Who knows...but if you entertain even a few, I consider it worth it. Worth it all the more if you actually enjoy it yourself enough that writer response won't hinder you.

I respect your opinion and agree to a certain degree. However I am a 30 year old single mother whom has little time to work on such projects and there is a degree of concern when writing stories that do not get noticed because the subject matter is ignored due to the age difference and popularity of demand. I can write any number of stories on any number of subjects, I am a writer in the sense that if one does not consider the readability of their works then they are kidding themselves to a point of fact.

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Frenemy

@Naamah_Obyzouth: So glad I'm not the only one interested! I was afraid that you wouldn't go forward with this if nobody came by and supported the idea. I have one question about it, though, because my memory of the show isn't that great (I was a kid):

Will that Ares guy be making an appearance (or regular appearances) in your stories? :p

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Frenemy: Yeah Ares (Kevin Smith) and Discord (Meighan Desmond), are going to play a big part in why this all happens in the first place. :)

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Frenemy

@Naamah_Obyzouth: Excuse me while I fangirl shriek..

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Frenemy: Yeah Kevin was gorgeous. I am still sad that he passed away shortly after the show ended. So sad. Such an amazingly talented and warm individual.

Frenemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Frenemy

@Naamah_Obyzouth: He was and dang I didn't know that : / Well, I've seen your writing on the RPG boards and I know you'll do him, and the show, justice : )