Pikachu Tales: Heroes of the realm

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Dedicated with love to my friend Angel, who loves all Pokemon.

"We have many desirable Pokemon." Daisuke gestured behind himself in a wide sweep of his arm. "Pikachu is always a popular choice." Mio walked up to the yellow Pokemon and examined it a moment. It was a very cute little Pokemon. But it seemed to be searching for something in its nest of grass, so she moved on. "We also have Charmander and Squirtle and Bulbasaur..." He went on and on, but Mio wasn't paying attention anymore. She petted the friendly Charmander on its head. Its was warm to the touch. She ran a hand gently over Squirtle's belly, which was cool and damp in contrast to the Charmander's dry skin. "Machop is also a good--"

Mio walked back to the front where the Pikachu scratched at its ears in annoyance. As Mio watched, something green crawled over the Pikachu's head.

No Caption Provided

"I want this one please." She held up the pudgy little Caterpie.

"Little girl, we have rare Pokemon from around the world. Caterpie are as common as Rattata. You can't kick a tree without a Caterpie falling out."

"She's a cutie!" Mio kissed the Pokemon between its big eyes.

"Preeee!" The Pokemon squeaked happily and wiggled in her arms.

"Excellent choice dear." Dr. Pine smiled as he stepped up beside Daisuke. "Caterpie are as loyal a Pokemon as they come."

"But, but, we have so many better Pokemon to choose from--"

"Daisuke... " Dr. Pine stopped him gently. "They have already formed a bond." And indeed they had. The Caterpie was draped over Mio's shoulders like a short, fat snake. It nuzzled her cheek with its face as she patted its head.

"I suppose it is a decent enough Pokemon once you get past the weak evolutionary forms...." Daisuke mused.

"That's not nice. Say you're sorry." She held the chubby Pokemon up at his face, but only got it as high as his chest.

No Caption Provided

"You heard the lady." Dr. Pine said, and tried to hide a smile at the little girls spunk.

"I'm... sorry?" Daisuke told the Caterpie's blank stare. He can't help but wonder how this day had went so weird. "Caterpie does have redeeming factors." He turned to pick up his Pokedex. "Like its sleep powder can put even the most fearsome--"

"Daisuke, she's gone." Daisuke looked up to see the door to the lab swing shut. "You know, I remember a young fellow used to get very upset if someone put down his Weedle...." Dr. Pine chuckled.

"That... was a long time ago. And it wasn't my starter." Daisuke replied defensively as the next child came in to receive their first Pokemon. A little boy who went straight to Pikachu. Dr. Pine always enjoyed watching a new trainer pick their first Pokemon.

"Mama! I'm back! Come meet Cat." Mio stomped into the house, making way more noise then a child her size should have been able to.

"Hi Baby. Hi Cat" Her mother, Miss Fukishima called from the kitchen distractedly. Mio walked in with Caterpie clinging limply over her shoulder.

"This is Cat." She told her mother happily. She rubbed the side of the Caterpies head.

"Ohh!" Miss Fukishima said when she turned from the sink. "A Caterpie. Were all the other Pokemon taken?" She asked and she wiped her hands off. Miss Fukisima was not a big fan of bug Pokemon.

"Nope" Mio shook her head. Caterpie clung tighter to her shoulder. "I wanted this one. Isn't she cute?"

"Very much so." Miss Fukishima smiled. Her daughter always had been a free spirit. Never one to follow the norm. 'At least it will be easyto care for' she thought to herself. "Take Cat upstairs and get cleaned up. Your Grandfather will be here soon, and you look like you've been rolling in the grass."

"I was Mama. I was teaching Cat to roll over. She doesn't get it yet, but she will."

"Preee." The Caterpie squeaked, as if agreeing with Mio.

"Upstairs. Clean cloths. Grandpa visiting." Miss Fukishima gently reminded Mio, who ran up the stairs two at a time.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@wildvine This is a very well written introduction to a Pokemon story. You really captured that essence I would envision a ten year old girl picking up her first Pokemon to have. I don't know a whole lot about the characters just yet, but I would definitely enjoy seeing where you're going to go with it. Something tells me this isn't going to be your standard trainer story.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

This is awesome!!! :D

Very excited to see you writing Pokemon fic hehe, and you absolutely nailed it <3

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wildvine  Moderator

@delphic and @bumpyboo

Thank you both for reading/commenting. I was getting worried no one would read this. I am a tad embarrassed an entire line of dialogue was missing. Oh well.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#4 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@wildvine: Is a mere triviality m'dear, don't feel bad about it :) And if you write any more, you have an eager reader here :)

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@wildvine: you left out a line of dialogue! For shame! I retract my previous compliment! This is a travesty!

hahahaha!

Nah, it's fine. Seriously I thought what you had here was really good, and I can't really see where you would have left the line out. Sometimes though, forgotton lines are a good thing. ;)

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wildvine  Moderator
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@wildvine: I liked it! Caterpie's sort of a lame first pokemon though. It's cute for a girl but I think something like a pidgey, ghastly, or abra would be cooler to have.

This is off topic but whenever I hear pokemon I think of this youtube clip

Loading Video...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Will this be a series? Also this should be Caterpie Tales!!! That darn blasted Pikachu takes all the glory!!!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@maccyd said:

Will this be a series? Also this should be Caterpie Tales!!! That darn blasted Pikachu takes all the glory!!!

Yes series. And the title was a nod to my friends story

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wildvine  Moderator

But for part 2 (coming soon)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@wildvine: I absolutely adored this. So innocent and pure and sweet, not to mention deceptively well-written. While this seems very simple at first glance, it also makes for a really heartfelt commentary on the love of Pokemon for what Pokemon is meant to be, eschewing the movesets and number-crunching in exchange for the wide-eyed delight of adventuring in the wild and collecting new friends along the way. Wildvine, you make me wanna be a better trainer.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh this is adorable. Catapie is one of those pokemon you can't help but love

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wildvine  Moderator
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wildvine  Moderator

Bump to find easier.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

@wildvine: In my unsolicited opinion, you should write more stories, and do less moderating

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wildvine  Moderator

@blueecho: I keep saying I'm going to write more. But here we are.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

@wildvine: Maybe try Nanowrimo, it helps to force you to get some words out

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Maybe Caterpie will become that labelled Alolan Buterfree I've been hearing out

Bug/Psychic FTW

Or maybe it'll just hold an everstone for the rest of it's life

No Caption Provided