Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheWitchingHour

2:30 A.M.

There was an incident.

While attending the Hayley Circus Master Bruce witnessed a horrible crime. The Flying Graysons were gunned down in the in front of the crowd. Police suspect the crime boss known as Zucco. Naturally Master Bruce has taken it upon himself to avenge the victims and their orphaned son. He no doubt sees himself in the child. He is currently in pursuit...something about a hideout by in Gotham harbor.

The boy is in the cave...this changes everything.

4:30 A.M.

Master Bruce has not returned. Young Grayson hasn't said a word. Perhaps he is taken aback by the surreality of the situation. But he is not afraid, far from it in fact. He is simply biding his time, assessing the situation. But grief holds sway over his body. It blankets him as the smog blankets Gotham, slowly choking him from the inside. I offer my condolences and services. He quietly thanks and accepts. He looks at me with wisdom far beyond his years. He looks at me with sadness tinged with hope.

He is so different from Bruce.

6:30 A.M.

The Bat returns. Zucco has been located but the shooter remains elusive. He would track them to the gates of hell if it would ease the child's pain. But he knows from his years that nothing will bring them back. There is nothing left to do but fight he tells the child of the circus...

"You have been thrown into a never ending war that we are destined to lose. We will fight and we will die and it will mean nothing. Nothing even to the many lives that we save. But they are a cowardly and superstitious lot and we will make them afraid."

The boy looks up at the legend before him. Tears stain his face as he locks eyes with the dark spirit of justice and retribution. He gazes into the abyss and says...

"Yes"

Sometimes I wonder what Thomas would say.

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

I like the concept of Alfred's point of view. Not many people really bother to wonder what he thinks or his take on certain matters.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Dude, you are really great at putting Alfie's words out there. I can really picture him thinking/writing this stuff. Kudos.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

From almost 2 years ago, this one is pretty cool. Silly details that I ponder sometimes though, I couldn't help reading this and wondering how Alfred has time to take a break every couple of hours and jot down a journal entry. I like reading his perspective though. This was good.