Penance Character Guide and Library

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By ImpurestCheese

A quick guide to the characters in the OC series Penance, as well as the library of issues to help you guys navigate through the series.

Welcome to San Francisco (Issues #1 to #6)

Penance #1 - A new city but the same old problems, as a character with a familiar MO returns to terrorize San Francisco's Underworld, and a new villain brings his organisation of deadly gangsters to the city by the bay.

Penance #2 - Detectives Loach and El-Sabim continue their investigation into the mysterious picture left by the Ghost. Meanwhile Hans seeks out help from an old foe of the Patron Saint of Crime in the search for the Ghost.

Penance #3 - As the detective work continues, the lords of San Francisco's Underworld hold a meeting to form a deadly alliance to flood the cities streets with a new narcotic.

Penance #4 - The discovery of Benjamin Bailey's body and a surprise informant begins to shine a light on the Beckett case, even as Hans's Followers of Falstaff plan their initial attack.

Penance #5 - Hans closes in for a deadly strike on the Ghost whilst SWAT breaks into the sanctum of the Circle of Sin.

Penance #6 - Hans and the Ghost cross blades and bolts as the pair fight for their own survival

The San-Fran Psycopath (#7 to #??)

Penance #7 - A brutal mass murder in a medical centre heralds something beyond the normal killers the SFPD and the Ghost are used to. Meanwhile Hans and Detective Clarissa Loach find themselves waiting for answers that could potentially determine their futures.

Protagonists

Name: Unknown

Alias: The Ghost

Vitals: None of Note

A mysterious vigilante terrorising the criminal underworld of San Francisco. MO seems to be remarkably similar to the late Patron Saint of Crime, one Miss Maya Grady AKA Siwang. At current the Ghost appears to be targeting the organisation linked to El Aquila, a Mexican Gangster who has recently moved into the city.

SFPD

Name: Detective Clarissa Loach

Alias: None of Note

Vitals: 5’6, Blonde Hair, Green Eyes

A plain clothes officer, Detective Loach is an experienced no nonsense police officer whose blunt approach to relationships has won her few friends, whilst her aggressive nature while interrogating suspects has made more than her fair share of enemies. Despite this those who do infiltrate her inner circle have a loyal compatriot willing to walk to the ends of the earth for them.

Name: Ifan El-Sabim

Vitals: 5’11, Black Hair, Brown Eyes

The son of a pair of immigrants from Kuwait, Ifan is a well natured and laid back officer. Despite this he’s treated with suspicion due to Islamic faith by his superiors, although his partner Detective Loach has been vocal about this prejudice.

Name: Doctor Gordon Landau

Vitals: 5’8, Grey Hair, Blue Eyes

The experienced ME assistant who works for the SFPD. Sometime in his recent past he had knee surgery for an injury he picked up in the First Gulf War, and currently walks with a cane.

Name: Trisha May-Sedova

Vitals: 5’4, Black Hair, Brown Eyes

Doctor Landau’s assistant and niece of well-known bounty hunter Danika Sedova. She lost her voice due to gang related violence in El Paso when she was younger and uses an advanced computerised neural to speech translator.

Name: Doctor John Branson

Vitals: 5’9, Bald (Formally Brown), Brown Eyes

Formally Lead CSI in El Paso, Branson transferred to San Francisco shortly after the gang violence in the city was brought under control. Currently works as the SFPD’s CSI DNA expert.

Name: Samantha Jackson

Alias: Sammy

Vitals: 5’1, Pink Hair (Formally Blonde), Grey Eyes

The Audio-Visual analysts of the SPFD’s CSI Unit.

Name: Dr Janna Fisher

Vitals: 5’9, Red Hair, Green Eyes

The Trace Analyst of the SPFD’s CSI Unit.

Antagonists

El Aquilla Crime Syndicate

Name: Unknown (Presumably surname is Gutierrez – see below)

Alias: El Aquilla, The King of the Skies

Vitals: 5’10, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes

The boss of the El Aquilla Crime Syndicate, the gangster of the same name moved from El Paso to San Francisco after losing too much territory to his rivals Boccanegra and Boccameutre (both of whom lead significant factions). El Aquilla’s men have started challenging the Dragon’s Teeth Triad who have long held monopoly of the cities underworld scene.

Name: Naima Gutierrez

Alias: Bonita

Vitals: 5’8, Blue Hair (Formerly Black), Grey Eyes

The daughter of El Aquilla, and a high ranking lieutenant of her father’s crime syndicate. She was instructed by her father to bring a sample of his untraceable narcotics from his factory to El Salvador to the USA. She was present in the meeting between El Aquilla and the Pixxu, where she presented the narcotic sample.

Dragon’s Teeth Triad

Alias: The Pixxu

Vitals: 5’9, Black Hair, Brown Eyes

The San Francisco Leader of the Dragon’s Triad and the lieutenant of the Dragon Eel based back in Macau. When El Aquilla entered San Francisco his organisation was attacked by the gangsters he brought from Texas. He later came to a meeting with El Aquilla about forming a partnership to sell the narcotics he had his daughter bring from El Salvador.

Underworld Figures

Name: Hans (Surname or Forename unknown)

Alias: The Hunter

Vitals: 6’2, Brown Hair, Blue Eyes

A deadly mercenary who is a leading member of Followers of Falstaff, an organisation of elite bounty hunters and killers. At current he works for El Aquilla where he has been employed to hunt down the Ghost. His fighting style involves using antique weapons and fighting with the animals he has trained, including a pack of loyal wolfhounds and a cranky African Crowned Eagle.

Name: Layton King

Vitals: 5'10, Black Hair, Green Eyes

An illegal exporter of wild animals who has supplied numerous criminals with illicit products. Initially seen in El Paso as an associate to the sadistic sniper El Soko, Layton King later lost an arm to a pack of jackals during a fight with the Patron Saint of Crime. Not forgetting this defeat, he later supplied Hans animals and a scent strip to hunt down the Ghost.

Name: Adam (Surname not known)

Alias: Soldier of Faith

Vitals: 5'9, Brown Hair, Blue Eyes

Initially assumed to be a victim of the Circle of Sin, it was later revealed that he had been the groups agent responsible for overpowering victims and bringing them to his masters for 'purification'. He killed two paramedics and an ambulance driver to prevent being captured by the police.

Alias: Toxetes

Vitals: 5'11, Black Hair, Brown Eyes

A deadly mercenary who is a leading member of Followers of Falstaff, an organisation of elite bounty hunters and killers. She was summoned to San Francisco to access Hans's performance while he was working for El Aquilla and if necessary punish him for his failures

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: The library and character guide for Penance is now up

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@impurestcheese: Cool! So it looks like this is going to be kind of like your Thunderbolts library? Issue summaries and such? That's cool. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop:Yeah that was the other reason I bumped it

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

Avatar image for amalgamdcmarvel8
AmalgamDCMarvel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why was I was notify with this?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amalgamdcmarvel8: If you are following someone then when they post a blog you'll be notified. While I am a little bias it's a good read (at least I think so)

AmalgamDCMarvel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AmalgamDCMarvel8

@impurestcheese said:

@amalgamdcmarvel8: If you are following someone then when they post a blog you'll be notified. While I am a little bias it's a good read (at least I think so)

I thought they want me to added a character. lol That's why I was confused.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmalgamDCMarvel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AmalgamDCMarvel8

@impurestcheese said:

@amalgamdcmarvel8: Nah not unless you want to

Okay thanks.

I would love too add one.

Protagonist (Christian type character.)

Name: DanielGrubb

Alias: Dancing Ghost

Job: garbageman for Dangerous Den The Extreme Entrainment (Laser tag place) >Got a job as manager in the Prowrestling Company.

Likes:Ballroom Dancing and Prowrestling. He likes playing strategy board games.

Church: He's the only man in the church that wants to learn how to ballroom dance. While all of his female friends that both married and engaged wants to learn too.

History: He was bullied by all of the football players. Specially in 3rd grade cause he was new to this school. He only friend was the teacher. One day on recess. He look at the woods behind the school. He saw image of an Angel. He look around he notices all of the shadows of the others kids were going the opposite way from his shadow. The angel spoke to him and said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to comfort since God himself can't be here. Yet or Jesus isn't his time to come yet either." Daniel felt like his own spirit fell to one knee before the Angel spoked.

Years later. Daniel dated his pastor's oldest daughter. They never kissed. She dumbed him after Christianfest in Tennessee. That's when his inner demons finally came at him. While he was emotional drain.

Now he's 31. God wants to give him. His choose in superpowers:

One of his abilities that he can replicate spout any limbs from his body on any surfaces (like Nico Robin from One Piece.). His skin has invulnerability ability to due to the faith and the Led onto his bone. Third power abilities are Intangibility and Invisibility. Fourth abilities Shadow, Ice, Fire, Plant, Water Magnetism manipulation. His fifth abilities are Super Speed and Teleportation. His sixth ability is to talk to animals and babies in their own language. Seven ability sense Danger (Spiderman). Eight power and the last ability Night vision, Photographic Memory and copying fightings or unless predict his opponents moves now.

God send a Angle to him and "Respect the leaders of the government unless they go against God's will. Soon the Tribulation will start. God wants you to show the love to everyone you can. No Aliens can't killed you at all. I'll give you 99% wisdom of King Solomon."

Daniel lets the old prophets of the past take over his body. He cast out demons. Daniel gets defeated and cause once awhile he lose faith but angel comes to his rescue to reforge the faith in this servant.

I just need help with my character's Antagonists. Any suggestions?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amalgamdcmarvel8: Ha so OP, there really isn't super powered characters in the Patron verse. Not sure if its viable

AmalgamDCMarvel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AmalgamDCMarvel8

@impurestcheese: He's not superman. So Superman had more than my character. in fact Superman just gain more superpowers. You think my character is OP? Geez where have you been? Superman been OP for longer. My character is opposite from him. Superman/Batman is for the Government and My character is for his faith.

Which powers would take out would be Shadow, Ice, Fire, Plant, Water Magnetism manipulation.

Or it's because he's a christian type character?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amalgamdcmarvel8: Well considering that nobody has exhibited super powers in the Patron verse there is really no one can match him. It's not a super hero story it's low street level at best

AmalgamDCMarvel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amalgamdcmarvel8: As far as I know there's no demons either...

If you've read part 1 to 3 you'd get the feel of what's going on.