Only way the new Punisher reboot will be good!

yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By yankeemanf

The Punisher is former special ops agent, Frank Castle. He is a marvel anti-hero, whose family dies in the middle of mob crossfire. From that day on, he is obsessed with punishing those who do wrong.

The movie's writer and director has to be none other than Quentin Tarantino (Inglourios Basterds and Pulp Fiction). Tarantino is an oscar winning writer and director. He knows the perfect blend of gore, death, and plot that the Punisher needs.

The main character of Frank Castle aka The Punisher. Should be either Ray Stevenson (Punisher: War Zone and The Other Guys) returning as the Punisher. This man was the perfect pick the Punisher. Another good choice for the Punisher could be Jon Hamm (Mad Men). Hamm is a golden globe winning and emmy nominated actor. He definitely has the acting chops it takes. Another great choice would be Javier bardem (No Country For Old Men). Bardem is an Oscar winning actor. He has all the talent to be the Punisher. Jeffrey Dean Morgan (The Losers and Watchmen) would be a good choice also. Dean Morgan is no stranger to comic book movies and i think he is a great actor.

OR

OR

OR

The Main Villian should be the Kingpin. The Kingpin could pay mercenaries and henchmen to try and kill the Punisher. The Kingpin should be played by Michael Chiklis (The Fantastic Four and the shield). Michael Chiklis is a golden globe winning actor that has the right look for the Kingpin (if he gains weight that is) that Michael Clarke Duncan didn't have in the 2003 film Daredevil.

One of the hired hands that the Kingpin would hire would be The Russian. The Russian should be played by Dolph Lundgren (Rocky IV, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Punisher, and The Expendables). DOlph played Castle in the original Punisher film in 1989. Lundgren being in the movie could be like paykng homage to the man who first brought Frank Castle to the big screen. Dolph can play a Drago type Russian. If the Russian is just a brute role and a non speaking role than the role could also be played by MMA fighter Brock Lesnar.

OR

Jigsaw is also involved with the mob. He could be Kingpin's right hand man. Jigsaw aka Billy the Beaut should be played by Michael Fassbender (Inglourios Basterds and 300)

This is the cast that would put this comic book character on the map in hollywood.
Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By carnivalofsins00

casting based on looks alone? i dont think thats very smart.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ComicStooge

Looks good to me.

yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yankeemanf

@carnivalofsins00: its not based on looks alone these ppl also have credentials that show they can play these characters
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Jotham

Tarantino would do a terrible job. His movies are all about talking, the Punisher hardly ever talks.
Tarantino would have the Punisher giving a long monologue: "You know why this job is so difficult? Most crimes are committed by someone the victim knows. How am I supposed to deal with that? Sit outside people's houses and wait for one relative to try to kill another? I mean, I pretty much have to wait for muggers in dark alleys. Ten years, I've never seen one mugging in a dark alley! Women don't go into dark alleys, they've seen too many movies! And crime doesn't happen often enough to keep me in business. Christ, Giuliani f***ed this city up for vigilantes!"

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

You lost me at Tarantino. He only has one good movie. Pulp Fiction, granted, it's brilliant, but still. He's an insufferable ego maniac who fluked out. A Punisher film directed by him? No thanks.

yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yankeemanf
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Inglourious Basterds, reservoir dogs, the kill bills just to name a few r amazin movies he has written and directed

@Jotham: the punisher not talking much could never ever work in a movie no matta how its made it will neva be close to the the comic's stories which is why if it will get messed up no matt what with monologues mite as well have tarantino do it
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jotham
@yankeemanf: I don't really understand. You want the Punisher to talk a lot?
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yankeemanf said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  Inglourious Basterds, reservoir dogs, the kill bills just to name a few r amazin movies he has written and directed

Haven't seen IB, but the reviews were average, RD was over-rated, and Kill Bill was just tragic. 

I'll raise you From Dusk Til Dawn, Death Race and Four Rooms, some of the worst films ever (Tim Roth's monologue in FR notwithstanding).
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yankeemanf
@Jotham:  im not saying i want the punisher to talk a lot im sayin the only way the movie will be any good is if he talks a moderate amount kinda like how the character,  anton chigurh, is used in no counrty for old men
@FadeToBlackBolt:  quentin taranttino didnt write nor direct death race and only wrote parts of from dusk till dawn and four rooms
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yankeemanf said:
" @Jotham:  im not saying i want the punisher to talk a lot im sayin the only way the movie will be any good is if he talks a moderate amount kinda like how the character,  anton chigurh, is used in no counrty for old men
@FadeToBlackBolt:  quentin taranttino didnt write nor direct death race and only wrote parts of from dusk till dawn and four rooms "
Death Proof, sorry. My bad. Death Proof sucks. 

He wrote and starred in FDTD, so I'd say that counts as one of his films. And yet, it is an abomination. His segment in Four Rooms is also crap. The egomaniac just has himself talking for 10 minutes, and the story wasn't even original. He ripped off an old Roald Dahl story.
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yankeemanf
@FadeToBlackBolt:  i have never seen death proof and he is in from dusk till dawn for barely half the movie then dies soo he doesnt necessarily star in it and idc how much u hate from dusk till dawn it is a much better vampire story than any of the gay ass ones 2day and i dont remember four rooms that much havent seen it in a while
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yankeemanf: It's really not. Twilight was better than From Dusk Til Dawn. At least Twilight was comedic in its awfulness. 

Do yourself a favour, skip Death Proof, it's really bad.
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yankeemanf
@FadeToBlackBolt:  u must be a girl or somethin cuz any person who is not infatuated with taylor lautner or robert pattinson knows that from dusk till dawn is a million times betta than twilight
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yankeemanf: Nope, I'm a straight male with good taste in film. From Dusk Til Dawn is just exploitative nonsense involving an egomaniac living out his stupid fantasies in the guise of calling it a "tribute" to the B-Movies of his youth. 

Twilight was just a terrible, terrible, film, with woeful direction and subpar acting, but at least it was made to entertain (though I use the term loosely) whereas most of Tarantino's garbage is made for pure self-indulgence.
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By yankeemanf
@FadeToBlackBolt:  idk i find pure enjoyment from quentin tarantino and it wasnt tarantino that directed this film it was robert rodriguez if u wanna point fingers at how this film is bad or not point em at him and idk in my opinion cheech marin's monologue when they get 2 the strip club named from dusk till dawn is prob one of the funniest and entertaining monologues out there
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yankeemanf: I know Rodriguez directed it. However, Rodriguez himself has confessed to being a fanboy of QT, and since the screenplay was by QT, his influence was great, possibly greater, than that of RR. 

Like I said earlier, Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece, so I'm not completely anti-QT, I just think that maybe PF was a bit of a fluke.
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yankeemanf
@FadeToBlackBolt:  you should go see inglourious basterds its worth a watch if u dont like it u dont like it but it is a very very good movie
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yankeemanf: Yeh, I want to. I just haven't got around to it. I like the actors in it, and I enjoy war films, so I think I will like it.
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By yankeemanf
@FadeToBlackBolt:  the only thing is that if u r lookin for a WWII movie that is historically correct u r lookin for the wrong movie it is how he thinks WWII should have went down
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yankeemanf: Haha, actually, that sounds better. I've seen enough Historically accurate films :)
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By yankeemanf
@FadeToBlackBolt:  believe me the movie is amazin
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jotham
@yankeemanf said:
" @Jotham:  im not saying i want the punisher to talk a lot im sayin the only way the movie will be any good is if he talks a moderate amount kinda like how the character,  anton chigurh, is used in no counrty for old men "
Got it. I think that is about the right amount of dialogue for the Punisher. And I do like most of Tarantino's movies, but I don't think his style is right for it. Robert Rodriguez might be able to do it, he did a pretty good job with Sin City.
yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By yankeemanf
@Jotham said:

" @yankeemanf said:

" @Jotham:  im not saying i want the punisher to talk a lot im sayin the only way the movie will be any good is if he talks a moderate amount kinda like how the character,  anton chigurh, is used in no counrty for old men "
Got it. I think that is about the right amount of dialogue for the Punisher. And I do like most of Tarantino's movies, but I don't think his style is right for it. Robert Rodriguez might be able to do it, he did a pretty good job with Sin City. "
Robert Rodriguez is my 2nd choice for this movie and sylvester stallone would be my 3rd choice but i dont want stallone to write it just direct it
Avatar image for reversenegative
ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24  Edited By ReverseNegative

You have good ideas.