Onca: Warrior of Xibulba #6 - Goddess Hunters

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Onca: Warrior of Xibulba #6 - Goddess Hunters

Muscles tensed Onca sprang towards the assembled mercenaries, their weapons flashing as the virtual giant of a man surged towards her, a long metal rod clutched in his hands. Ducking under his guard Onca lashed out with a claw tippled palm slam, the man barely flinching as he punched back.

"Nice claws." Jotun grunted as he slipped his stave round and kept Onca at range as a pair of pin pricks stabbed into her shoulders. Turning round she saw the Asian Woman hook the cable attached to the bolts in her shoulders to the truck, the engine already running.

"I'll kill you first for your idiocy!!" Onca hissed at her as she fought against the pull of the truck. As she struggled the sniper pulled out an SMG and unloaded the entire clip into her, the wounds healing within seconds of the bullets hitting. "Is that all you've got?" She asked as the truck screeched to a halt before being flung over Onca's head and towards the mercs.

"That's impossible." The giant gasped as Onca snapped her bounds and cracked the cable against the concrete. With a low hiss she slashed out with the ad-hoc whip, the tip slashing open the Giant's chest. Advancing Onca saw movement in the corner of her vision, and swung round just in time for a baton to crack round her face.

"Siwang keep her off balance!" The Giant called as he picked up Cataprhact's abandoned motorcycle and charged towards the pair. Onca barely gave him any attention, her focus fixed on Siwang as she dodged and parried everything Onca threw at her. As such she never saw the front wheel of the bike until it slammed into her face, the impact causing her to release an ear shattering roar that sent the two mercs flying backwards.

"You all...are truly...pathetic!" Onca panted as another sniper round slashed into her.

"Romeo we need to slow her down!" The Giant bellowed as Onca advanced on the sniper, the man throwing his rifle away and removing a pair of knives. With a long shrill whistle Romeo threw the knives at Onca, the steel stabbing into her knees, the pain sending her crashing to the floor.

"Taken care of Jotun." Romeo answered as the three mercenaries gathered round there hobbled foe. "What do we do now? She's shrugged off enough pain to kill any one of us." He added as Onca let out a long low purr, the sound radiating through the ground.

"What's she doing?" Siwang asked as thunder flashed across the sky and heavy rain slashing down so hard that it hurt.

"Saturate her!" Jotun bellowed as all three of them opened fire, bullets cutting into empty space as Onca shifted and slammed into Romeo and Siwang, claws flashing towards their throats only for a massive hand to reach out and restrain her.

"Who?!" Onca snarled as she turned to look at the person restraining her. The man she saw was inhuman, skin covered in long warty looking abrasions, his fangs elongated and sticking out of his mouth.

"I am Wormwood." The man hissed as he threw her into the burning husk of the mercenaries’ truck. "I am born of the Eiter, the child of the world serpent."

"I am the daughter of Itzel." Onca hissed through gritted teeth as a blunt impact struck her from behind. Swinging round Onca saw Jotun swinging his stave at her, the weapon meeting her fist and shattering in two. With a disgruntled hiss both Onca and Wormwood pushed him away.

"Goddess you will fall." Wormwood grunted as he licked his lips.

"You won't stop my vengeance monster!!" Onca screamed as she darted forward and slashed Wormwood's cheek open, thick black blood coating her talons, blood that stung as it leaked out.

"Eiter consumes all." Wormwood told her as his tongue popped out and lapped the blood on his cheek. Advancing he slammed his own talons into Onca's chest only for her to slam her hand down into his arm; the only response to the attack was a long low cackle.

"A shame that your powers aren't fully developed Goddess." Wormwood sighed as the other mercenaries gathered round the pair of them. "I leave you to fall prey to the mortal animals." He added as he snapped Onca's head back and threw her to the floor. Closing in on her the mercenaries attack was brutal, their minds fixed on retribution.

A club round the back of the head stopped her from raising as a grenade came clattering right in front of her, the explosion sending shrapnel into her face. "You have earned a reprieve." Onca snarled in a fully annoyed voice. "You'll face your end when I return." She added as she stalked towards one of the rapidly forming puddles on the street. Her escape was intercepted as a rifle grenade exploded behind her, the projectile showering her with thick gel.

"You have no escape!" Romeo yelled as Siwang lashed out with a pair of half moved Chakram discs, two long cuts appearing across her arms and chest. Seconds later Siwang was swinging again, this time aiming for her head. Using the momentum of the swing Onca fell back into the puddle, her body seeping into the water.

"We won?" Jotun asked.

"No she is on the hunt." Wormwood replied coldly as he walked away from the others.

"Oh god." Romeo whispered before tapping the earpiece he was wearing. "Juliet run, she's coming for you."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1092

@impurestcheese: I feel like I need to go back and read this series from the start again. It feels like she's getting more and more powerful, from chapter to chapter. Is there anything mortal about her anymore? Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks for the comment. And yes Onca is getting more powerful in terms of durability and ability but she still has a massive weakness, one she hasn't figured out herself...yet