Official DC Mayhem Sign-Up Sheet

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By dngn4774

So the Queen of all that is Mayhem, Empress Joygirl of Gah!, the first in her name, has ordered me to form a sign-up sheet for the new and improved DC Mayhem.

WE WANT YOU!

No Caption Provided

About us

DC Mayhem is a fan-fic group dedicated to crafting a new interpretation of the DC Universe. It is comprised of dozens of quality chapters written by one of the strongest writing staffs that the Fanfic board has ever seen. Some of Mayhem's highlights include, Gotham Hearts, Secret Six, Deathstroke and Ravager, Spoiler Alert!, and Tis the Season. We we also be introducing new series such as Suicide Squad and Teen Titans soon.

Where you come in

We'd like other writers to join our group and expand upon our universe. If you pass your trial, you will become an official Mayhem writer, thus, all of your work will be featured side by side by our own. This of course comes with prestige, bragging rights, and one free pat on the back from yours truly. ;)

The Rules

To thin out the herd of applicants, thereby separating the truly committed from the bored, we ask our writers to undergo a brief trial run. Basically, you write a 3-5 issue arc to show us your skill level as a writer. Once finished, a small council of senior members vote on whether or not to bring you into the group. Furthermore, since a boatload of our continuity has taken place in Gotham we are currently closing of that area to the newbies; nothing personal, we'd just like to see you test yourself by writing something outside of your comfort zone. These rules will be further explained in our official pm.

Recommended Areas

Like I've mentioned before, our own continuity is heavily involved in Gotham, so almost any characters outside of Gotham or the Batmanverse would be nice to see. That being said, we have a list of certain characters that may make your trial run more appealing to us:

• Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Arrow
  • Aquaman
  • Shazam
  • Magical DC Characters. Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Johnny Thunder, etc.
  • Side characters like Hawkman or Firestorm, etc.
  • Obscure characters that most readers probably never heard of. Takes a small amount of research but every comic publisher has some and it's usually super fun to reinvent them.

If you're still unsure what to write or don't want to step on any toes, please check the DC Mayhem Character List to see who's taken.

See Further

For more information about the group please check out the DC Mayhem Organization Map and our Continuity Timeline. You can also find the latest Mayhem titles posted in our library.

Edit: Btw I'm on Comicvine almost daily so I'm not exactly a hard person to find. If you have issues to discuss regarding the group or would like to signup just pm me or leave a shoutout in the comments section below and I'll try to respond ASAP.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl It's done. Will do a few touch ups tomorrow.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl It's done. Will do a few touch ups tomorrow.

Looks awesome, now we just sit back n' wait.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If i want to write something, do I have to read your entire runs or what

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By johnny_blaze

I'm thinking about joining but as I read the rules it sounds kind of......I can't really think of the PC word right now, but I just want to do a one-shot and then move on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Looks interesting, good luck.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: Thanks.

I'm thinking about joining but as I read the rules it sounds kind of......I can't really think of the PC word right now, but I just want to do a one-shot and then move on.

You'll have to talk to @joygirl about that. For now I'd say that the rules exist for a reason. Too often in groups you have users who just want to hop on the band wagon but quickly lose interest when they find another trending fad to take up their time. The 3-5 trial runs teach our new writers to be more consistent and finish what they start (a skill that is rare for even the best writers of the board). A oneshot wouldn't necessarily be bad so long as it doesn't involve tons of characters, but I'm not sure if we could consider that cannon. Mainly because if the next user want that character he or she has to pick up where you left off.

@abdullahzubair: Most of the time we'll just give you the heads up. Try to stay active on the pm because that's where we do a lot of character discussion.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you could add me to the PM list, I'd be interested in writing.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: Sure thing. Since the group is still reconstructing itself we will be using a temporary pm. After everything is back in order all of our members will make the shift to an official pm. Adding you now.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 Are you going to do a DC Sensational sign-up?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@dngn4774: Nope! It's just a duopoly for now.

@delphic and I had a chat about others we'd like to eventually join but as we've both had with groups that start big, it gets whittled down to four after a month or so. For now it's just two, though when you're ready to jump ship...

KingMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: I would be interested in joining to write a Green Arrow, Flash or Shazam series.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingmagnus: Flash is currently being written. I'll add you to the pm.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bibble

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@joygirl: Bibble where? Also why is there a user called troller loves joygirl?

No Caption Provided

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@joygirl: I hope you mean the troller and not the bibble

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joygirl

@impurestcheese: Yeah, the troller. Troller was a big, well, troll a while back, got IP banned I think, he had a million accounts. One of them was troller_loves_joygirl.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Ah okay. Nothing complicated about bibble

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Nah, bibble's in the clear.

Regarding Sensation Comics, would you mind compiling and titling them in a single #5-#7 post?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@joygirl: Sure I'm kind of stuck away from my laptop at the moment so I'll get it done tomorrow if that's okay.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cn i write shazam batman or a cyborg/beastboy

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@abdullahzubair: Gotham is currently closed off due to the large amount of Bat based stories we have already. I do not know about Shazam, Cyborg, or Beast Boy

Let me bring in my fellow head writers, and they can help further decide if you can enter the trials or not. @joygirl, @impurestcheese, @dngn4774. Can Abdul attempt at trial?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: @delphic: Several of those characters are, as of yet, unused. However, I'm going to be completely, 100% honest and say that if you can't string together a complete sentence, the chances of you completing the trial are very slim.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: hey joygirl do not think that i can't complete a sentence, in fact my English is quite good if i don't say so myself. What was your problem with my sentence,it clearly states my point and if you used quarter a brain, you could understand that i want to write Shazam or Cyborg/Beast Boy fan-fic. SHAZAM would be a little different than the regular shazam which dc publishes. One of Billy's ancestors would also be given powers by the Wizard. While the other fiction will show that beast boy is born in a village with a disease . And cy 's parents try to cure him but an accident caused by Victor damages both of them seriously. His parents use machines to fix them which haven't been tested before.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AbdullahZubair: Considering that your grammar and punctuation still suck and now you're also rude, I'm just gonna come right out and say "try somewhere else." There are plenty of other fan-fic groups with lower standards. Ta-ta!

2099man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Superman still Open for business? My idea would basically retell superman's origins, while also connecting him to his golden age roots.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@2099man: I think he's still open. How soon could you have something up? Also you do realize that for DC Mayhem there is a trial factor, where you must write a story arc consisting of a minimum of three issues, and you can only use three major characters in that story. Are you okay with that?

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AbdullahZubair

@joygirl: nope haven't seen one lower than this. Your right, you don't deserve to read my stories. I just started an account on this site and i was pretty hopeful that i can improve my English by writing. But i now know that jerks exist here too.