#1 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Well guys, I've been wanting to write this series for awhile, but never got around to it. Not many people seem to be online right now, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Here's to a series of writings by me about my team of super heroes. I hope I have drawings up for my characters sometime soon, just bogged down with other work. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter One: The Attack

The early morning was quiet and still. The birds fluttered over-head like the breeze, so soft and gental. Freak sat atop a rock near the ocean, and watched the waves come in and out. A crab waddled by on the beach, and he picked it up. It figeted in his hand, and crawled up his arm. He smiled, and put it back down on his way. He looked out into the ocean, and sighed heavily. As he was about to stand and walk away, there was a loud noise in the distance coming from the city. He jolted from his seat, and surveyed the city for danger. Just after that, police sirens wailed in the air, and Freak knew something was happening. He grabbed his communicator, and alerted the base.

In the base, which was an underground lair disguised as Chap's Gas Station, sat Enigma reading a book when Freak's image zapped up on the communications screen.

"Enigma, there's trouble in the city somewhere. I'm going to try and find the source, probly gonna need back up. See you there." Enigma frowned and set his book down. Waxman came rushing into the room.

"I heard Freak complaining again, what happened?" Enigma grabbed his mask, and went over to the Octa-Car. Waxman followed with no answer, and the car's engine roared, shooting off through a secret exit.

Back on the other side of the city, Freak stood atop a building scanning the city. He finally saw some smoke coming out of a building a few blocks down, with gunshots to accompany it. He teleported down and saw the police were shooting at criminals robbing a bank. He stared for a moment, when a massive green blob poured out of the bank's door. It formed a head and arms, and began swiping at the police. They shot at it, but their bullets had little effect on the monster. It picked up a police cruiser, and tossed it at the group of officers. They looked up to see a black field around the car. Freak had caught it, and set it aside. Freak stepped forward as the monster looked around in confusion. It spotted Freak, and formed another shape. This time it was a giant hammer, and it crashed down towards Freak. He was able to dodge the attack, the hammer leaving it's print in the pavement. Freak jumped into the air, and threw a giant fist into the creature. It wobbled, and bits and pieces of it flew off in different directions. It reformed a head, and roared at Freak. By now, by-standers and come to watch the battle. The monster ripped a chunk off of a building, and tossed it at Freak. Freak put up a shield and the rubble bounced into the air, right over the crowd. Freak panicked, and threw a force blast into the rubble, sending it across the street, and into another building.

"Oh c'mon! You people need to clear out so you won't get hurt! And another thin..." Freak got cut off when the monster whipped an arm out, and smacked him into the park. He crashed into a tree, and fell to the ground. He was able to get back up, but barely, and he made two giant hands, and put them over the monster. This barely contained the monster. Freak got back to the battle scene when the monster slid out of his grip.

"Good job Decay! We needed the distraction!" a voice said. From behind the monster appeared another figure. This time, a man called Massacre, took a few steps toward Freak. Massacre, a large man, equiped with a cannon on his right hand, and an energy sword in the other.

"We needed you to be distracted while we robbed the bank. Our assistant is now flying the money to a safe location," he smirked. "And now we'll finish you off." With that, Massacre shot a beam of energy at Freak, and sent him back into the park. Just then, the Octa-Car pulled up, and Enigma and Waxman jumped out. Enigma, a shorter man, had blue skin and long hair. With Waxman next to him, who was just your average Joe, but had the power to turn into Wax and any shape he desired. They took their stances, and Enigma jumped into the air, and came down on Massacre with a stunning blow to the head. Waxman transformed into a massive blob of Wax, and attacked Decay. Enigma attemped a mental attack, but was unable as Massacre wore a special helmut that blocked mental attacks. Freak stummbled out of the park and into the street again. Before he could make a move, he was picked off by something in the sky. The blast shook the ground, and as Freak looked up, he saw a woman floating over him with green fists. She punched into the ground as Freak rolled out of the way. He looked back to see that she was holding her hand. She looked very angry now, and jumped into the air over Freak. He looked up to see a green flash of light in his face...

To be continued. Hope you like it. I'll be writing more just so you know.

#2 Posted by Walkingstone (10637 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff :) This would make a really cool comic :D IMO

#3 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPER FREAK

#4 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

VS says:

"Great stuff :) This would make a really cool comic :D IMO"

I have some ameture comics of them. Art's not so good though. I'll just stick to character sketches ;p.

#5 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it's great. i like freak's powers, very much like a green lantern. and that decay is a great villain.

#6 Posted by Liverwurst (889 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty cool, but what are Enigma's powers? You mentioned Waxman's but not his.

#7 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Like it, Oct. Read mine, tell me what you think. And vote.

#8 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Liverwurst says:

"That's pretty cool, but what are Enigma's powers? You mentioned Waxman's but not his."

Enigma was actually a person here on Comicvine. Isn't around much any more, but basically, he has telepathic powers, a bit of telekinesis, and bullet time manipulation, which basically, he slows down time and runs around, makes it look like he has superspeed, that kinda stuff. And just for Waxman, he turns to wax, but it's way stronger than normal wax because of his organic factor. Then he can do pretty much whatever he wants.

#9 Posted by Liverwurst (889 posts) - - Show Bio

That's cool, I just thought since you mentioned one you should mention the other.

#10 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"i think it's great. i like freak's powers, very much like a green lantern. and that decay is a great villain."

Thanks. Yeah, I am a little like a green lanturn, just not as good at creating complicated things. And Decay is really cool, because of his powers. We know he's a big blob monster thing, but the thing I've haven't explained is that he can control his acidity. So basically, he goes from big gloopy monster to unstable acid that burns through almost anything. Of course, the more acidic he becomes, the harder it is for him to hold his form, and also makes it easier for him to melt through floors and things.

#11 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Liverwurst says:

"That's cool, I just thought since you mentioned one you should mention the other."

Well, I took for granted that everyone knew, because a lot of people knew Enigma, now known as Scotty. Sorry.

#12 Posted by Liverwurst (889 posts) - - Show Bio

No problem, but also you said that you might make a comic of it, so the readers would not know.

#13 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Like it, Oct. Read mine, tell me what you think. And vote."

Please?

#14 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"Like it, Oct. Read mine, tell me what you think. And vote."
Please?"

Yeah Cryo, I will, just a lil' busy right now. Finishing a painting.

#15 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh...crap. Now I feel like an ass...

#16 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Oh...crap. Now I feel like an ass..."

No problem. I'm done now, so I can read you're story.

#17 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

D: D: D:

A green light! DUM DUM DUM!

#18 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm rather bored, and I have time, so here's the next one.

Chapter 2: Trouble at Home

As Wipeout stood over Freak, her hands glowing green, she laughed.

"Goodbye super-dud!" Just as she was about to fire, a firey red blast brazed off her back. She spun around to she Massacre in a bout with Enigma, and Massacre's cannon barrel was smoking.

"Sorry honey! This little bastard made me misfire," he yelled over Enigma. Freak stood, and kicked Wipeout in the back, and sent her into the ground. He created a field over her, and held her in place. She struggled against him as he tried to stabalize the field. Finally, in an explosion of green light, the field disappeard, and Wipeout flew into the sky. She put her hands together, and fired a stream of green energy down on Freak. He teleported to the side of Waxman and Decay battling. Wipeout's blast destroyed a good part of the park, and made several cars explode. Freak ducked in behind Decay as sharpnel went everywhere. Enigma was lucky and caught some of the destruction.

Freak grabbed a near-by truck, and tossed it into the air. Wipeout saw it coming, and blasted it back, letting it crash into a building. Freak, angered, teleported to Wipeout, and grabbed ahold of her. With his weight on her, she lost control of her flight, and they plumeted to the ground. Freak teleported off at the last second, and let her crash into a tree. Freak, watching the park for her movement saw a huge green blast incinerate the tree. She walked out with cuts and scratches all over. She threw an energy orb at the building and sent it tumbling over, with Freak still on top. He jumped off, and landed in the beach's sand behind the city.

Enigma and Massacre raged on. Enigma had successfully taken Massacre's sword away, and had thrown it off to the side. It was now a fist fight mostly. Shots from Massacre's cannon shot off into the air. The cannon was all that was left at the end of Massacre's forearm, as he had lost it in a war. Enigma tried to take it off, but soon realized that it was part of his arm. They continued fighting, Massacre's size and strength versus Enigma's wit and speed. Enigma danced around and threw punches and kicks, but Massacre proved that he was able to take a lot of punishment.

Waxman was having even less success with his battle. Decay and Waxman were basically big puddles of goo that couldn't do much to each other. Waxman converted back to his human form, and tried to combat the monster with his fists. This proved useless as Decay's goopy body just absorbed the blows. Decay wasn't very smart, considering his brain was made of goo, so his logic told him that Waxman, now a human should be able to be harmed by acidic attacks. Waxman was always wax, but he could change his form at will. Decay started to become more of a dark, deep green, and fumes escaped from bubbles forming on his surface. He was a big mound of acidic goop that moved. Waxman flipped back, dodging a swing from the creature. Decay attempted to move forward, but was stuck. It looked down, and saw that it was sinking into the ground. After a few seconds, Decay had melted himself into a hole, and was having trouble getting out. Waxman turned into a circular form, and covered the hole and kept Decay from escaping.

Freak picked himself up as Wipeout circled over-head. She spotted him, and dove down. Black met green when two blasts of energy came flying at each other. The struggle continued for a few minutes, but Freak was on mostly solid sand, while Wipeout was in the air, and she lost control of herself, and began to fall. Freak threw another shot of dark energy at her, and threw her into the ocean. The water boiled at the heat of her body, since her powers were radioactive, she got hot when she used them. Freak made a big scoop, and picked her up out of the water, and set her on the sand.

Enigma jumped into the air, and finally laid one spectacular hit on Massacre's helmut, prying it off his skull. Enigma launched a giant telepathic attack on Massacre, and the strain made him pass out.

Later, the authority's collected the villains. Decay was placed in a special plastic cell, Wipeout had her powers deactivated by a special collar around her neck, and Massacre was out cold, so they had time to power down his cannon and put him in the vehicle. The mayor of the city walked forward to the heroes with news cameras everywhere, asking questions, wanting interviews.

"Heroes, thank you for saving our fair city. Well, thanks to most of you," he looked at Freak. "Son, do you have any idea how much colateral damage you've done today? You've destroyed several buildings, and a lot of property. This is going to cost millions of dollars to fix!" Freak tried to deny the claims, but the Mayor would not listen. "Freak, I here-by banish you from this city! Never to return!"

#19 Posted by Hagane Enna (7388 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh nice! I agree with VS: nice comic idea. Glad to see Enigma even if he isn;t around much any more. More please?

#20 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Hagane Enna says:

"Oh nice! I agree with VS: nice comic idea. Glad to see Enigma even if he isn;t around much any more. More please?"

Yeah, I've already got 2 parts up, if you're lucky, I'll have the third by tomorrow.

#21 Posted by Liverwurst (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it, especially the battle of the goo.

#22 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, I'm working on the third one. Trying to keep it from going boring.

#23 Posted by vegeta (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#25 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, what the hell? Why're you posting pictures of Green Lanturn in my thread?

#26 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

tsk, tsk, tsk. That is not what this thread is about. This is serious thread.

#27 Posted by vegeta (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"tsk, tsk, tsk. That is *not* what this thread is about. This is serious thread."

my bad learning

#28 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Chapter 3: Abandoned

"What do you mean, banished? He can't leave, he's part of the team!" Waxman shouted. They mayor turned around and began walking back to his car.

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this to keep the city from being destroyed," said the mayor stepping into his car. He started it and drove away. Waxman stood with his jaw open and turned to Freak.

"They can't do this! You can't leave! You can't!" he yelled. Freak looked at the ground, and then up to Waxman again. He put his hand out and said,

"It's been good working with you two. But gentlemen, I've been given an order. I must leave," Freak's words seemed to linger in the air. He stepped backword from the men and shook his hand good-bye. Darkness swirled around him and he dissapeared. Waxman stood with his mouth open.

"How could you not object? How could you just stand there Enigma!?" Waxman shook Enigma. Enigma watched the little puff of smoke that was Freak wisp away into the air.

"He was given an order. He had to follow. We'll get back on our feet soon enough, trust me, it'll be ok. Let's go back to base and see what's going on. Maybe we can contact him on his communicator," Enigma sighed.

Later, when Waxman and Enigma were home, Enigma fired up the communications machine. He tried to contact Freak, but there was not answer. A little girl strolling around on the beach heard something buzzing, and dug into the sand. She pulled out Freak's communicator, but had no idea what it was or how to use it, so she threw it into the ocean.

"No answer," Enigma shook his head. Waxman stood and drug his feet into the back of the room.

"I'm going to go to bed. Too much to handle today," he yawned. Enigma remained at his desk and monitored the screens, missing his partner. He made a pot of coffee, he wanted to stay up all night to find any signs of Freak, just to know if he was okay or not.

In the distant islands off the coast Freak sat on the beach, playing with the sand. He pounded his fist into the ground.

"Can't believe I was banned," he growled. He got up to go find shelter for the night.

Enigma, half asleep at his desk, was shook awake when red alarms flashed and wailed in his face. Enigma punched some keys on a keyboard and an image of the jail appeared on screen. The side wall exploded and several people ran outside. Waxman came jogging in, looked at the screen.

"Can't the bad guys give us a break? I mean c'mon, it's 3 in the mornin'!" he shouted. Enigma rose from his chair and let it spin around. He jumped in the car and looked at Waxman.

"Duty calls." With that, Waxman got in the car and it jolted out through the secret exit. They sped through the quiet streets and skidded to a stop in front of the jail. They hopped out and ran to where the police were fighting a riot.

"What's happened here?" Enigma yelled over the fighting to the chief of police.

"Jailbreak, lotsa people got out. But most importantly, the 3 supervillains we put up today got loose. Had help from the outside too," he sighed. Enigma looked at Waxman and Waxman threw his arms in the air,

"Sure, I'll look on foot while you drive the car!" Waxman was able to read Enigma's expressions pretty well, and this one meant that they'd spilt up. And Waxman never got to drive the Octa-Car. Waxman took off running into the woods, not knowing that his target wasn't far away.

On the other side of the jail was the Industrial Park. The villains Massacre, Wipeout, and Decay were all inside a werehouse with a mysterious figure.

"What's this all about? Why'd you bust us out?" Massacre demanded. The figure turned to them, still standing in the shadows.

"I got you out because I thought you might be interested in starting an alliance with me," the figure said. Wipeout raised her hand, and a shade of green illuminated the werehouse.

"Who are you? Why do you want to start a team with us?" she inquired. The figure stepped forward, and put down her hand.

"My name is Bonaparte, taken after the greatest leader of all time. You need a leader, and I need a team to lead. What do you think?" said the mysterious man. Decay mummbled something in a gargling voice. He couldn't talk, so he gargled at people. He did not like this new man. He was strange and confusing.

"Quiet Decay," Massacre scolded. "You may have a point Bonaparte. What do you think Wipeout?" Wipeout swayed a little.

"I don't know. Can we trust him?" Massacre looked her in the eyes.

"He broke us out of prison, I'm certain we can trust him," he looked into her eyes, almost begging her to say yes. She looked away from him.

"Alright," she sighed. Bonaparte smiled and shook Massacre's hand. They were now in business as the first supervillain team in the world. The Elite were ready to start their careers as the greatest supervillain team that would ever live!

Outside the werehouse, Waxman stood, over-hearing the conversation. He pulled up his communicator and Enigma's image came up on the screen.

"I found em' boss. They're in the werehouse at 57th and Conner Street." Enigma turned the car, and pulled up at the werehouse. He jumped out, and met with Waxman outside the side door. Enigma kicked open the door, and flippd on the lights. The villains, took by surprise, were not ready for battle.

"I see you guys have a new friend, mind if we play?" Enigma taunted. He and Waxman charged forward. Wipeout took flight and began shooting blasts at them while Massacre got his cannon charged up. Waxman turned into a huge shield to protect Enigma. The green blasts burned into Waxman.

"Hurry, I won't hold up a lot longer, you know how I am in heat!" Enigma held his head and searched out Wipeout. He found her mind signal, and shot a gigantic telepathic assult on her. She moaned and fell to the floor. Waxman reshaped, and continued on. Decay seeing Wipeout hurt became angry, and sprouted tentacle-like arms and swung at Enigma, sending him into a pile of boxes. Massacre's cannon beebed, signaling it was ready to be used. He fired the laser at Waxman, melting a giant hole in his torso and chest. Enigma jumped out of the boxes and tackeled Massacre into the wall. They struggled for a moment, and Massacre finally kicked Enigma off of him. He shot a beam at Enigma, sending him back towards the front of the werehouse. Bonaparte stepped forward and grabbed Waxman by the throat and lifted him into the air.

"Where is your precious teammate Freak now? He will not save you, no one will!" He laughed. Enigma rubbed his head after picking himself up, and thought to himself,

"Where's Freak when you need him?"

#29 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6439 posts) - - Show Bio

To quote Pulp Fiction let me say.

Damn, I say Damn!

Nice job man, are you gonna repost these in the Comic Vine World RPG?

I like the way these stories are looking man, keep up the good work!

#30 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"To quote Pulp Fiction let me say. Damn, I say Damn! Nice job man, are you gonna repost these in the Comic Vine World RPG? I like the way these stories are looking man, keep up the good work!"

Nah, I'll keep them here.

And thanks.

#31 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6439 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"To quote Pulp Fiction let me say. Damn, I say Damn! Nice job man, are you gonna repost these in the Comic Vine World RPG? I like the way these stories are looking man, keep up the good work!"
Nah, I'll keep them here. And thanks."

Well, keep up the good work, I hope to see the next installment when it is done, you are doing a great job Freak.

#32 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Well guys, I'm going to take a little break from writing. I need to pool my ideas because so far, all I have is, "Oh that'd be cool" type stuff, but no way to incorporate it. I'll be back at it in a few days, just didn't want anyone to worry.

#33 Posted by Liverwurst (889 posts) - - Show Bio

You have continued the streak of awesomeness. Although unless I'm right about Freak you should show what happened to him.