Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Concept

I had recently watched Captain America: Winter Soldier and Civil War and thought, 'I wonder what it'd be like if Norway had their own Super-Soldier.' So, here's Berserker. As always, the avatar was made in Second Life (social video game; for its marketplace and in-game tools), and Adobe Photoshop (editing and filters). The avatar template is, again, based on Scott Adkins as I have envisioned him for the role in a live-action adaptation; the shape, skin, and hair are formed around his, and the eyes were taken from snapshots of my dog's (made into a texture, since I couldn't quite make his real eyes for some reason).

Power, Talents & Weapons

Thaumaturge: Xantherium, a hybrid chemical compound comprised of Chronosium, Elemite Extract, and Neogen Spritril, was injected into Sjurd's body alongside Photosynthetic Potassium in order to increase his physical and mental capabilities to peak-human potential, thereupon effectively becoming Norway's first Super Soldier. He possesses greater strength and resistance to injury (invincibility frames), intelligence, speed and reflexes, endurance and agility (hyperkinetic equilibrium), and dexterity beyond the natural boundaries of the normal human. Since the transformation, Sjurd has retained his material prime conditioning as well as earned a slowed aging process (enhanced lifespan), self-sustenance (hunger suppression up to 10 days), advanced regenerative healing (immunities to fatigue poisons, disease, foreign drugs and alcohol, partial-insulated weather extremes), elevated parallel processing (2x computing of multiple actions and calculations, minor telepathic defiance), inherent navigation (pin-point destinations) and eidetic memory (total recall), and telegnosis (ethereal perception and interaction, energy signature detection and reading).

Skills & Abilities: Among his repertoire of non-supernal talents, Sjurd is a master hand-to-hand combatant, having trained in numerous styles; he most notably excels in Aikido, Capoeira, Judo, Karate, Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Ninjutsu, Glima, Pankration, Silat, Stav, Taekwondo, and T'ai Chi Ch'uan. As an expert in and proficient with the use of weapons (predominantly swords), Sjurd is qualified in employing other armaments such as knives, bo staffs, spears, batons, nunchukus, kamas, maces, and bows. Hyper-athletic, he emphasizes on showmanship, while incorporating elements of Parkour (free-running) and acrobatics (aerial, aquatic, terrain), exploiting the craft of tricking (aesthetic blend of flips and twists, leaps and curls, followed by attacks, counters, and reversals, and/or toying with his opponent). Furthermore, Sjurd is highly experienced in rock climbing, snow boarding and skiing, hang gliding, and has even earned his SCUBA and USPA certifications. Military disciplines allowed him to study Criminal and General Psychology, Cryptology, and CPR and First Aid, as well as Stealth, Assassination, Escapology, Espionage, Demolitions, Subterfuge, Foraging, Mountaineering, Map Decoding (making, reading, deciphering), Disguise, Communications, Vehicle Appliance (building, dismembering), Hunting, and basic survival techniques.

Weapon(s): Sjurd employs the Kjottgjore ("Renders of Flesh"), a one-of-a-kind set of twin, single-handed broadswords forged from the nigh-durable, mystical Asgardian ore, Uru, by dwarven brothers Sindri and Brokkr of Norse Mythos. Said to be virtually indestructible, in the off-chance they are damaged, each sword instantly refabricates to endure (ultimately appurtenant) the same measure of detrimental force they had suffered before. Mono-molecularly sharpened to their finest cut, able to hack through everything short of Adamantium and Vibranium, enables perfect incisions followed by massive blood loss and nerve trauma on the average human target. Both handles are capped with a pommel and are laced with aged-leather as black as space itself, with blades three feet long, five inches in width, and whose cross-guards are roughly ten centimeters from end-to-end. They are carried in dual-sheaths composed of black, nylon-polymer fiber, connected to a specially designed backstrap.

What'chu thinks?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By ursaber

You make the models in Skyrim?

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By ursaber

@jexsu said:

@ursaber: Lol, no. Second Life.

Looks similar. I have the Aragorn Anduril sword mods on my PC for Skyrim.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Oh, you must be referring to the filters I use in Adobe Photoshop. I usually do blend modes to get sharper colors and detail, then I use the Poster Edges and Gaussian Blur filters; this gives it that comic book look and slightly blur around rough spots.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@jexsu: Too many things he's master of. Very Batman and all, but it's just not feasible, unless he's got Bruce Wayne's resources- meaning someone pays his bills, feeds him, does his laundry, and generally attends to his daily life duties while he pursues these disciplines. Many of the things on that list are years-long pursuits in themselves. To pursue them all is not humanly possible. Normal crud like sleep, hunger, relationships, and other daily life things would interfere. I know, I know- fiction- but it bugs me with Batman too. lol

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@jexsu: Too many things he's master of. Very Batman and all, but it's just not feasible, unless he's got Bruce Wayne's resources- meaning someone pays his bills, feeds him, does his laundry, and generally attends to his daily life duties while he pursues these disciplines. Many of the things on that list are years-long pursuits in themselves. To pursue them all is not humanly possible. Normal crud like sleep, hunger, relationships, and other daily life things would interfere. I know, I know- fiction- but it bugs me with Batman too. lol

For every bold and underlined sentence... not necessarily. People can multitask.