MEU: Captain America #1

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By heroesgold

For decades Steve Rogers was a symbol for hope, yet he never seen himself more than an average man.

A soldier trapped in time,his journey for world peace never ends.

No Caption Provided

October 21, 1944

Aachen, Germany

A group of men travel along the lone streets of Aachen on a mission, their mission to help free the people from the deadly grips of Nazis. There in the front of the pack was Steven Rogers aka Captain America. "At ease soldiers, I have plan." the super soldier said ceasing the group.

The plan was to infiltrate the Aachen cathedral which was being upheld by Nazi servicemen. The plan itself was pretty faulty though since it was almost known that United States military was in Germany at the time but Cap being the leader he is rallied up his troop so they wouldn't get killed.

"Here's the plan. Were going to go out through the streets out back and there we will get in from the rear side." Cap informed his team."We have a scout looking out there right now and there is no security."

The group of men nodded, as they took a turn towards the back streets."This all probably seems like unrewarding work to you all but I promise you, we keep fighting and we keep winning you be back home soon enough."Cap said as his motivated filled words gave the rest of the men a boost in confidence. The group eventually got to the rear door entrance of the cathedral only to be stopped by a familiar face. James Barnes also known as Bucky, Captain America's sidekick.

"Took ya' long enough Cap'" Bucky said with a group of unconscious men spotted on the ground. It was obvious the 16 year old boy could take care of himself but who knew would await upstairs. Cap smiled at Bucky.

"I'm surprised you didn't go upstairs yourself." Cap replied.

Bucky had a habit of going into stuff without thinking so actually waiting for Cap for once was actually a surprise. Bucky smirked at Cap running up the staircase towards the main room. Cap shook his head and ran after the young man with his troops running with him. Inside the room was a group of Nazi soldiers and the dastardly Baron Zemo himself.

"Captain, I've been awaiting you." Zemo claimed.

Red skull was one man that Cap and Bucky could not take down,they've been tracking him for a while but every time they get close to capturing him he gets away but not today, not today.

"You're not getting away this time Skull, not this time!" Captain America exclaimed. A hail of bullets rushed throughout the room from both sides, men died in the matter of seconds as blood was being spilled. Baron Zemo rushed to a backdoor entering the chapel with Captain America and Bucky on his tail. Cap threw his shield hitting Zemo in the back and sending him flying onto the ground, the villain then pulled out a pistol shooting at the two heroes. One of the bullets hit Captain America right in the arm making him scream in pain. Bucky rushed towards Zemo kicking his gun away from his grips and sending a spin kick to his jawline. Baron Zemo picked up Cap's shield from beside him and tossed it at Bucky catching him right in the forehead.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but this place has a bomb planted and I have things to do." Zemo explained but before he could leave Cap sent a powerful punch hitting Zemo in the temple and knocking him out. Cap rushes to Bucky picking the young man up and leaping through a nearby window and in a matter of moments the building explodes.

Cap and Bucky are dragged by the explosion and catapult into the air. Cap drops heavily onto his back laying there and Bucky falls after him. Cap looks the the cathedral in flames shaking his head, many good men died today. Abruptly, the Invaders appear right in front of the sentinel of liberty. The team included Namor, James Howlett, The Human Torch and Toro

"Well ya' sure know how to make an exit boy scout" Logan remarked.