Meta-Crisis: Worldwide Mutantiers (Ch.1 part 3)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

The sheer force from the massive explosion that completely leveled the facility shatter glass nearly three miles away, no nuclear weapons had been detonated but it sure did seem like that once the cloud of debris and dust slowly dissipated leaving nothing standing but a few piles of rubble.

The scene was exactly what they needed to show a "Good job done for america" when they truth was leaked. That the explosion and the death of a UN official was perpetrated by a group of four "terrorists" who no longer posed a threat to the united states. The government had prepared for everything, even stories to make the conspiracy theorists happy or at least keep them from digging too much into it. But what they hadn't taken into account was these four were trained to survive even before they were given there abilities,

Soon the area would be littered with reporters and government officials, they would find nothing in a few moments as a pile of rubble begins to shake and a pair of gargantuan wings burst from the rubble and flap for a moment kicking off dust and debris from their sleek surface. Bush stands shaking his bat like wings free from anything that had stuck to them or melted to during the explosion. Almost not caring of what had just happened and what would soon unfold for the group. Rudy and the rest stand up and look around amazed at how quickly Bush had scooped up the group and enveloped them with his wings that seemed to glimmer in the rising sun.

He chuckled slightly as Charlie had moved over and touched the wings before they returned to his shoulder blades, returning to his normal appearance. He held up his right hand a ring around his middle finger shined "Tungsten....only thing that slag ever gave me I kept. Its tough as feck, thought I'd give it a try with the wings. Did not actually think I could mix characteristics that way.....was a shot in the dark...if it didn't work...we were gonna die anyway right?"Rudy was almost surprised at his ingenuity with coming up with such a mixture of things. But he couldn't push the topic further, they had to scramble and fast. He turned to Priest "Judas, get us out of here. Give a hard light illusion around us so that they see empty space until we get to civilization. Once there, we scatter and go radio silent until this dies down." Priest nods and his eyes roll back into his head as he casts his illusion and they all hoof it into the city. It was crawling with government ready to hit where the facility once was, as if they were already there for hours before the explosion. They had planned it, no been planning it for a long time to get rid of them. All Rudy could think of was how he was going to find answers as to exactly why they were betrayed. Once they reached the edge of the city and shifted into civilian clothing each took off in separate directions.

Bush was the first to return to his "normal" life back in the United States. He had done almost exactly as he was told by Rudy, he did go silent and talked to no one. But he did the very thing a spy hell all government officials and agents are taught to when a mission is compromised, never return to somewhere you have been before. He returned "Home" at his job a small almost run down Zoo in the middle of nowhere Texas. Wanting to take a breath and relax for a moment he went to the only place he ever felt at peace, greeting his friends. Bertha the Elephant who reached out through the bars and touched his cheek as he opened her pen and brushed her and fed her "Good lord Bertha, last night was a feck all if I had ever been in one. And this time wasn't my fault....." he sighs deep before continuing and touches her shoulder and pats it "Got to go away for a while, But I will give Wade a detailed list of all the things I do for you and everyone. Dont fret love, already spoke with Gene (Gorilla) Tyson(Tiger) and Steven (Reticulated Python) just like you they wouldn't like it if I just disappeared without saying goodbye." Bertha squeezed his shoulder as if she understood what he was saying and didnt want him to leave. "I will come back, once all this blows over Ill buy this place and bring you guys to my place. Promise...Ill come back." he said as he patted her once more before closing her pen and making his way towards the parking lot and greeting Wade as he and the rest of the keepers and workers arrived. "If any of my friends are sick when I get back....I will kill you." Wade chuckles " Yeah yeah Jeb dont worry...." and waves as he continues towards the Zoo.

As Jeb continues towards his car his attention is taken away from the car by a reflection in the window of his car. Turning around to see what it was....two missiles slam into the center of the Zoo and a massive explosion erupts sending everyone even Jeb slamming into his car and almost through it. As Jeb watches as the flames from what remained of the Zoo reach into the sky, his ears ringing for the second time in twenty four hours. Shaking his head all he could think of was getting to his friends, but was quickly stopped in his tracks as Wade arrived and lifted him from the car. He was trying to say something to Jeb but he heard nothing, all he did was see a hail of gun fire rip through Wade and watching as his face exploded spraying his own face with what remained of it.

His hand still touching the car he took on it, and turned his skin steel and the bullets ricocheted off his chest. He watched in horror as all the survivors animal and human were all quickly taken out by the very same people who fought for and with only a week ago. His attention on the horror he did not see the Agent with a rpg, the rocket slammed into his chest sending his steel clad body backwards and into the toll booth at the entrance of the Zoo. As the soldiers closed in something snapped inside his mind, he went feral something he hadnt before that moment. In an instant He was all of his friends in one package, transforming his lower half into that of a python he moved faster than the first soldier could react to, wrapping him tight in his vice grip. His eyes narrowed and squeezed hard and quick snapping him literally in two, finishing quickly with the first his lower half transformed back into that of a human, but his arms uncoiled into that of a snake and wrapped around grabbed two more soldiers squeezing so hard at the middle that he split each at the waist and showered the ground with blood that sprayed and covered him.

Scaly now from head to toe he hissed as his upper torso transformed into the head of a giant cobra, moving faster than he ever had, he closed in and chomped down hard onto that of another soldier swallowing him whole before reverting back to human form. Still in a feral state he transformed his legs and arms into that of a Tiger's paws and legs. Moving even faster than his previous form he leaped from car to car closing the distance on each soldier before ripping their throats out. Soon he had one soldier in his grasp, his claws inches from his face and he breathed almost growled his question "How many?!!! How many did they send?!!!"The soldier trembled as he spoke telling Jeb that he killed them all. They only sent a small team to clean up the area of survivors, Jeb slowly started to breathe normal and calmed down slightly. He looked the soldier in the eyes and lowered him to the ground and hopped off the car he was standing on. "You tell them they better send the mother fecker who ordered my friends to be killed.....only then will I stop..." With that did Jeb turn around and make his way out of the area. His tiger senses telling him that nothing was left alive but the lone soldier, he held in his tears for the moment. Just as he had turned he felt the soldier lift his arm and aim a gun. Spinning on his heel Jeb turned around fast and charged, his head and upper chest turning into an Elephants and skewering the soldier on his tusks. His rage returned as he barked "WHY?!" The soldier coughed blood and chuckled "You killed your friends....you idiot...." Rage filled him and his arms transformed into a Gorillas massive arms, clapping his palms together he squished the soldiers head into paste with one clap. "I know...and I will have to live with that as will the rest of you idiots....but you wont have to for much longer...."