Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By immortalfrieza
No Caption Provided

T+ -- Teen Plus

For readers 16 and up. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery or suggestive themes.

Skip to my next post to start reading the story, this is just for setup.

Hello everyone. I have always been a fan of the Marvel Symbiote characters since I first watched the 1994 Spider-Man Animated series, particularly Venom. As such I recently felt inspired to write my own Symbiote character, as I will write below. I will be writing it in a manner intended to mimic a comic book in written format as much as possible, therefore I have provided a legend for the symbols and writing styles I will be using:

(insert words here) : The writing between the breaks are my own comments, unless I am not writing a story.

Issue#insert number: If there's enough positive reception to this and I haven't run out of ideas, I will write several posts or "issues" continuing the story in this thread. To differentiate between the actual story posts and mine made otherwise, there will always be this tag at the start.

Insert name: Names in bold will denote when a particular character is speaking.

Insert name: dialog: As above with italics for the words will denote when the character is thinking as opposed to speaking, in short, the thought bubbles.

[insert]: These symbols will denote when an area or situation is being described, in much the same manner as the boxes in comics do.

{Insert}: Will denote the tone of a character's thoughts or words after this symbol.

Okay then. Feel free to post below suggestions and reviews and so forth once I get my first issue is posted. Please keep in mind that this is actually the first real story I've ever written, I'm really mostly just writing whatever comes to mind so go easy on me.

immortalfrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By immortalfrieza

T+ -- Teen Plus

For readers 16 and up. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery or suggestive themes.

Issue#1

[Time: 2012. Immediately after the murder of Donna Diego AKA Scream by Eddie Brock]

(Note: To make things easier since I haven't seen the issue where Scream dies yet or any afterwards or even anywhere close I'm basically going to write without much thought about what's "supposed" to be going on right now.)

[Setting: Location of Scream's murder]

[10 people in hazmat suits are examining the area, one of which is a brown haired woman by the name of Dahlia Unire.]

Dr. Unire: {Solemn} Sigh... What a waste...

[Unire gathers up a bit of the small remnants of the dead Scream Symbiote and places it in a small bottle]

Unire: Such fascinating creatures should be given a chance at a good life, but they're pretty much evil from the get go thanks to that blasted genetic memory of theirs. It doesn't help that they have to only survive off adrenaline either.

Scientist: We need to pick up the pace here doc. The boss is on his way and expecting results.

Unire: I know Phil, I've just got up the last of it now. He'll get his results soon enough. He will at that,that arrogant sleazeball.

[word bubble from offscreen] ???: I hope so doctor, I've got a lot of money riding on this.

Unire: Sir! {fearfully} I-I-I didn't expect you yet.

[A large man stands in shadow] (hereby referred to as "man in shadow or MIS)

MIS: Enough of your sniveling! It was you that claimed you could make more of this thing and soon.

Unire: Theoretically yes but...

MIS: {Angry} Theoretically? [MIS slaps Unire across the face] {Coldly} I don't pay you people for theories doctor, I pay for results. If you fail to create for me at least 1 symbiote in 3 months I will consider you to have lied to me, {Darkly} and you know what happens to people who lie to me don't you doctor?

Unire: Y-Y-Y-Yes sir.

MIS: Good. Now get back to your lab and to work now.

[MIS leaves and Unire picks herself off the floor]

Unire: {dejectedly}Yes sir. Make that evil d**k a symbiote? i can't even imagine the destruction that will happen if this man starts mass producing these things. I have to stop him somehow, but how to do it without getting killed?

[Unire cracks a slight smile]

Unire: Oh I know... First things first though, I make the symbiote.

[1 month passes...]

[Unire is on the phone at her lab]

[The lab is filled with high tech equipment on one side, 3 large glass tanks on the other, Unire is the sole scientist aside from the occasional gofers. Unire is also wearing a small device clipped to her waist]

MIS: You're running short on time doctor. What do you have for me.

Unire: Sir, there's no point in making one of these things if we can't control it, the genetic memory...

MIS: I care nothing for your excuses doctor! You have a "deadline", or have you forgotten?

Unire: I haven't.

MIS: See that you don't. [phone click]

Unire: {Mockingly} How could I possibly forget? You remind me at every opportunity. Sigh...

Unire: {muttering to herself} It's not only the genetic memory that's a problem, I have to alter it so that it can survive off of a wider range of brain chemicals so it won't tend toward aggression so easily. Now I...

[Each sentence is one week apart]

Unire: There's the DNA code that controls the genetic memory, now if I can erase it somehow...

Unire: This should work...

Unire: Success! Now on allowing it survive off of more chemicals...

Unire: How can I get this thing out of here without anyone knowing I did it? I suppose first I will have to...

Unire: That should work, now how do I get it out of the tank? It has to look like it burst from the inside...

Unire: Perfect... The specimen seems to be surviving solely off of any brain chemical, now to finish this...

[2 weeks from the deadline...]

Unire: And... there! Everything is ready. No time like the present I suppose.

[The middle tank contains a grey symbiote. Unire gloved hand runs along the glass.]

[Unire takes a device out of her pocket.]

Unire: The guards in the security room should be having a shift change right about... now.

[Noise follows.]

Unire: Let's see... [presses a button] This small EMP generator shouldtake out the cameras for a bit. Next.

Unire:The chemical should have worked by now. That idiot had everybody wear these portable sonic generators to keep us from being bonded on accident, but now...

[Unire takes the device off her waist and points it on the other side of the place on the glass she touched earlier and pushes a button]

[The symbiote begins to squirm, and then violently throw itself against the other side of the glass repeatedly, and it breaks]

[Unire pushes a button and deactivates the device]

Unire: YES! It worked! Now...

[The symbiote immediately notices Unire and heads towards her]

Unire: Yes... that's it! Come on.

[The symbiote leaps, completely enveloping Unire in a matter of seconds. Unire smiles.]

Symbiote Unire: [towards the sky] SCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Issue #1 end.

(So how's that everybody? Please give feedback if you would like me to continue with these.)

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's really cool, writing it like a play sort of.

immortalfrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By immortalfrieza

@_atomikill_: Truth be told, if I could I'd prefer to make this into an actual comic or a web animation, but I have the drawing ability of a 5 year old, so to make do I'm trying to make it as much like a comic in written form as I can.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

This is really nice. I love Venom. (Not the Spidey 3 version. It was horrible. =P)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@immortalfrieza: Would be better as prose rather then in script form. In addition watch the swearing, it's pretty much banned on site.

immortalfrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By immortalfrieza

@impurestcheese said:

@immortalfrieza: Would be better as prose rather then in script form. In addition watch the swearing, it's pretty much banned on site.

Swearing? I didn't think I had put any swearing.

Anybody else have a problem with the format? I found it easier to write this way but I'll go with something more normal if more don't like it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalfrieza: Midway through after MIS leaves. It's a minor one but people have been warned for worse.

immortalfrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I see. I didn't think "dick" counted as a swear word. I'll remove it then.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalfrieza: Just write swears like this; d**k, and no one should hahave a problem

immortalfrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers