Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part One:

I need the let the spiders know I have powers. I tell myself. I've been telling myself for months. I've run away from home, currently living on the streets and hoping someone will find me! I need to gain the Spider's attention

As I walk away from the homeless shelter, I notice something....I look into an alley to see two men beating on an old homeless man. Being the "hero" the I am, I rush in to help.

"STOP!" I shout.

The crooks look at me, temporarily distracted.

"Is he for real?" One of them asks the other?

"Dunno...but he can't see us doing this..."

At this point, the good ol' Spidey sense goes off. The thug fires a bullet at me, which a quickly leap out of the way of.

The two stare at me, flabbergasted.

"You see that?!" One asks another?

"HE'S A MUTIE! RUN!"

They run...luckily for me, I know these streets pretty well. I shoot webbing into the air and sling after them. When I land I throw a kick to the man's face. The other man goes to punch me. I easily deflect it and hit him with a spider sting!

The man screams in pain, then slumps to the ground.

"Ouch!" Spidey sense is going off again!

"What is it this...."

I turn around to see an Iron Army officer. He floats above me menacingly, arms crossed.

"....time?"

"YOU ARE UNDER ARREST ON CHARGES OF ALLIANCE WITH THE SPIDER REBELLION!" His voice booms. "FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DEATH!" His voice grows softer, but not kind. "So what's it gonna be....hero?"

Elsewhere:

Madame Web sits, alone. Everyone else in the house has gone to bed, and she sits in her chair.

"The time is coming nearer..." she whispers, hoarsely. "It is coming....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

With a shriek Madame Web collapses to the ground, panting heavily.

Her great nephew rushes to help, his spider sense having alarmed him.

"WHAT IS IT? WHAT HAS HAPPENED?"

"THE BOOOOOOY!" Madame Web shrieks. "THE BOY HAS COME! THE SCARLET SPIDERS HAVE RETURNED!"

After she finishes her shrieking, her posture changes, her back hunches over, she looks considerably weaker. She falls down into her chair and buries her face in her hands.

"But the boy's parents....when they find out.....they will not take kindly....they will learn the truth, and think it betrayal....." Madame Web looks up at her Great Nephew. "I know not whether the boy returning will be for better or for worse....but he MUST not go back to his parents.

Elsewhere:

I flip out of the way, dodging the man's replusor rays. After a long time at this, I've decided I've had enough. I flip behind him, webbing his faceplate. I grab his neck and bring him to the ground. The Iron Soldier grunts and squirms, trying to get free of my grip.

"ENOUGH OF THIS, BOY!" He says, punching me through the air. I wipe the blood off my lip. Probably the hardest I've ever been hit before....I think to myself.

The robotic voice shouts: "YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH RESISTING ARREST! YOUR PENALTY IS DEATH!"

I take a dive behind some nearby crates for cover. Waiting for my moment to strike....I have a plan.

YOU CAN COME PEACFULLY, AND BE GRANTED A MERCIFUL DEATH!" The robotic voice of the soldier shouts, "OR YOU CAN DIE HERE, IN THE FIELD!"

I web his faceplate again, and pull the webbing, bringing him closer.

"Lemme think...." I say, taking a dive at him.

I throw a right cross to his face. then knee him in the stomach. I then spin around and grab his faceplate with my hands.

"How about....neither?"

I release a venom blasts, scorching the man's arming and electrocuting him.

"AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

He falls to the ground, unconscious. I dust myself off and limp away from the scene as fast as I can.

As I'm running, I hear a man's voice stop me.

"WAIT!" He says.

I turn around. It's the homeless man from before.

"Yes?"

"You--You saved my life....I don't got much, but...." here starts rummaging through a satchel for things he doesn't need.

"Take this." he says, handing me a large quilt. "Never use it, anyway. It's too thin....doesn't keep me warm....you can have it.

I take the quilt, and run from the scene as fast as I can.

Later:

I finally finish sewing the quilt. The mask is red with white eye holes, and the uniform is a red and black mixture. The symbol of the spiders adorns it's chest.

"If I'm going to join the spiders..." I mutter to myself, holding up the mask, "I may as well look the part."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great chapter, I'm looking forward to more

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

Good job! Which city is SS in btw? (Doesn't really matter just curious) I like him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I'll just pick at random and say Chicago

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Right in the heart of the empire, nice! Ballsy and nice :) looking forward to seeing more

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: thanks!

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Ha Madam Web is having a coronarary! Good job. You and SpidermAn should cross webs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Ha Madam Web is having a coronarary! Good job. You and SpidermAn should cross webs

here's to hoping we will eventually!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Just re-read Marvel Iron Age: Spiderman Vs Pt1 and I think you (Scarlet Spider) are alluded to in as being in NYC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53: Just re-read Marvel Iron Age: Spiderman Vs Pt1 and I think you (Scarlet Spider) are alluded to in as being in NYC?

NYC it is, then! I really don't care where he operates as long as I can write him.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Just was re-reading them and thought if that is who is referring too then you two may want to colaborate. Me I was just being a continuity Nazi :)

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By spider-man 2996

Hi everybody here is the cover for this

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-man 2996: thanks for doing the artwork! It looks great!

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14  Edited By spider-man 2996

@primepower53: Thanks

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Awesome start! Loving where this is going! The whole "Spiders" concept is really interesting too.

and btw... awesome cover art.