Marvel - The Beginning: The Outstanding Runaways - Chapter 4 - BANGKOK DANGEROUS' Prologue

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverspidey

BAMFFFFFFF!!!!

Teleporting out a puff of white smoke, everyone falls ontop of each other the dirty wet floor in an unknown alleyway

No Caption Provided

"AAAAAAAHH!!" yells the group as they fall on to the ground.

"GET YOUR FOOT OFF MY FACE!".

His sneaker pressed into Nico’s cheek, she glares at Alex who sprawled out on his back with Karolina laid flat across his torso.

“As soon as this DINOSAUR GETS OFF OF ME!”

Karolina immediately elbows Alex in the gut, “I’M NOT A DINOSAUR!”

"AGAIN.FOOT, MY FACE!”" yells Nico as she pushes Alex foot off her cheek!

Alex slides off and hits Tyrone across the face sending him back to the floor.

“SERIOUSLY!!”

“Oh man up you’ve taken worse!”

Tyrone furrows his brow at her, “I was literally born two weeks ago.”

Karolina, standing on her feet points at him, “Right, then, welcome to life. Sometimes it kicks you in the face.”

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" shrieks Molly!

Everyone turns around and sees Molly standing with her hat in hand as she stares with an open gaping mouth at piles of dead heads dumped out the backdoor of a chinese restaurants kitchen.

“Case in point!” Karolina exclaims.

“THE HUMAAAANITEEEEEE!” screams Molly, pointing at the small mountain duck heads.

Covering her face, Alex sighs, “You’re parents did a total disservice making you vegan so early.”

Steppingin front of Molly,Karolina spreads out her arms, but looks directly at Nico.

"WHERE THE HECK DID YOU TAKE US NICO!"

“Yeah…”

Rolling her eyes as she looks at Tandy, Nico watches Tandy peeling off a piece of gum from her dirty white pants.

“Something tells me we’re not in Kansas anymore.” she exclaims, quoting Wizard of Oz.

Her long brass staff in hand, Nico looks up at the bulbus hollow circle at the head of the staff. Its hollow circle, sparkling with light, suddenly snuffs out with smoke rising.

“I dunno I think..."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW!!" Karolina yells as Nico looks at her with a blank stare.

Nico narrows her eyes at the spiteful words, "Really, after I just FREGGIN saved ALL OUR BUTTS FROM BEING SKEWERED AND SHOT UP BY THE POLICE YOU OUT OF TOUCH PREMADONNA…”

"PREMADONNA..." Karolina yells

Nico points at her, "...And STILL don't get a YOUR WELCOME for saving your life!"

Dropping to her knees, Molly holds her hair, "THEY KILLED DAFFY DUCK!" screams, “ WHHHHHHYYYYY!!" she screams crying into her hands.

Everyone ignores Molly as Alex Wilder squeezes himself between Karolina and Nico, “We’re in Bangkok!” he shouts.

Everyone looks at him in sudden silence.

“So China?” Karolina asks.

Alex tips his broken glasses forward, “You’re just dying to prove the dumb blond theory true huh?”

Clenching her jaw and rubbing her temple as her eyebrows twitch, Karolina raises up a fist but Nico steps in front of her.

“Got it, Bangkok THAILAND…” Nico sighs, “How sure are you”

Alex points to the dozens of flashing signs down the alleyway. "Aside from all the signs being in THAI…” he sarcastically exclaims, “I can smell Khanom chin nam ngiao when its made and this place, is totally genuine.”

"Kawa wah what!" Karolina repeats.

"Its fermented rice noodle dish." Alex replies, “And don’t speak like that, I spent two summers here. Fastest way to get beat up is making fun of the language.”

"Alright, so we know where we are. Alex is familiar with this place, and he knows whatever this food is." Nico says.

"Khanom Chin Nam Ngio. Its made With pork blood." he adds.

Nico covers her mouth and holds a raised finger to Alex, “oh god i took us to hell.”

"ALRIGHT enough talking!" Karolina exclaims, turning to the rest of the group, "But we officially got a group of Americans here, in a foreign country who can be kidnapped and sold as sex workers. More so me. Im the attractive one here.”

Nico lowers her head to her hand as Tyrone leans towards her, “She’s your friend right?”

“I was just asking myself that.” Nico replies.

“We need a car." Karolina advises.

"Oh would you like fries with that or extra white privilege?” Alex snaps.

Karolina rolls her tongue in her mouth, "How bout a extra side of my foot up your..."

"Enough!" yells Nico, "This isn't getting us anywhere!" Nico says.

"YOUR RIGHT! No, YOU! YOU got us here Nico!" Karolina snaps, shoving Nico back with her finger "So get us out of here!" she demands.

Nico narrows her eyes, "Dont you shove me Karolina. For as long as you wanna live don't you ever shove me!"

Tandy folds her arms and looks at Alex, raising her eyebrow. Alex shakes his head and gestures his hand across his neck.

Nico points at Karolina, "NOW STOP RIDING ME ALREADY! I MAY HAVE GOTTEN US LOST BUT WE WERE ABOUT TO BE KILLED!”

"Yes, but I didn’t want to be saved to only be KILLED HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD!" Karolina yells.

"EVERYBODY!”

Turning to Ty and Tandy both look at her, Tandy holds up her finger, "Raise hands to make Nico Team Leader...”

"I AM NOT THE TEAM LEADER!" Nico shouts.

Tyrone holds up his fingers, "You killed ninjas, got killed by one and then still lived, I mean that qualifies."

Karolina waves her arms, "HEY HEY HEY I CAN LEAD..."

"...all your boyfriends to an institute!" Alex finishes to Karolina's growling anger, "FIVE TIMES MIND YOU!"

Nico firms her face and holds up her hand, "I’m naming a second" she says before pointing at Alex, “All in favor of it me leader and not being Karolina say ‘AY’!”

“YOU SONS OF…”

“AYE!”

Marvel - The Beginning: The Outstanding Runaways

CHAP 4: BANGKOK DANGEROUS

PROLOGUE

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ty aka Cloak
Ty aka Cloak
Tandy aka Dagger
Tandy aka Dagger

Previous Chapter 3: No Need for Cloaks and Daggers

NEXT ISSUE

_Caliban_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@silverspidey: It just dawned on me that this is issue 4. Have to search for the previous 3. The opening teleportation scene and the thoughts of being teleported to Hell were good. I was never a Runaways reader, but Cloak and Dagger are always cool. Time to dive into some older issues of the team

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@harlem: I hope you enjoy it. All my future issues will be significantly shortened.