Marvel- The Beginning: The Incredible Hulk

Helpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What happens when we bottle up our emotions? When we don't have a proper way to channel our frustration, our desires? Some people find a way to let it out, but other people...

Other people cage up that rage, fuel the fire in their mind until it becomes too hot to handle. Domestic abuse, muggings in the street are just a part of theses caged beasts being unleashed upon people who are the least deserving of that kind of attention.

This is the story of a man who has to walk a fine line between keeping that cage locked up tight, and letting the beast free to roam. This is the story of The Hulk and how Bruce Banner became The Most Dangerous Man In The Universe...

CHAPTER 1: BORN IS THE DARKNESS

YEAR 1: HULK VS

Helpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

CHAPTER 1: BORN IS THE DARKNESS

YEAR 1: HULK VS

2 YEARS WITHOUT AN OUTBURST

It's a warm open as we see the back of a young man standing before a diverse, but small crowd of people.

"Hello everybody, my name is Bruce Banner and i'm an... Alcoholic,"

"Hello Bruce." everyone chimes in unison before quieting down so that this tall and lanky looking man could continue to talk without judgment in the group.

"So, my drink of choice I would have to say is... Whiskey,"

Bruce is wearing a pair of glasses protecting his sensitive, yet powerful brown eyes against the indoor lighting, which thanks to his sensory overload have become a habit for him of sorts.

"Whiskey, huh? Too ashamed of your freak self to admit the truth? Such a disappointment you are..."his inner critic that he had long ago locked up tight in a mental prison of sorts piped up for the first time in a very long while. Why he decided to rear his ugly head now, Bruce didn't know why.

"When I drink whiskey, I... Become a different version of myself, and this different me loves to... Destroy what this real, this true me," he paused and pointed at himself as if to illustrate the point that he was trying to make. "Has built up, but every day it seems to get harder and harder to get away from... Whiskey," he spoke with an uneasy sigh before getting away from the podium to the sound of applause from the small gathering.

so you can tell the truth, take off those glasses then Brucie Boy, take them off and show the world how you really feel. Show them that itchy trigger finger!

Bruce sat down quietly as the group facilitator got up to address the room, but Bruce didn't hear anything as his mind began to wander back when he had a first taste of this delicious whiskey...

10 YEARS AGO

SUNRISE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER

This thirty year old, younger version of Bruce Banner was strapped down tight to the bed in the ambulance, but that didnt stop the seizures he was having, convulsing side to side and jerking up and down as if he were a dying fish that found it's way on land. Mentally, it felt like his brain was on fire and all he could hear were his screams melting in the molten heat, begging to be let out of this misery. He let out his own physical, primal scream hoping that would ease the pain, but it did the opposite in fact, "Betty," was all he could muster in the way of speech.

Betty was, according to Bruce, the most beautiful woman alive with her raven black hair framing her face and draping down her back like a fine curtain. She was smart too, someone who knew a lot about a lot of subjects, especially in the realm of scientific endeavors. "I'm right here Bruce," she had whispered in his ear as she was sitting next to him trying to gain some semblance of control by holding onto his hand with both of her own, even her nails were perfect in the moment Bruce realized.

"Betty" the name repeated in his mind like a still lake, but yet the fire still raged on, burning a forest that had now appeared, scattering the animals that had called it home.

"Betty," Bruce repeated, but this time his voice was not his own as it had achieved a dark and monstrous tone, catching the attention of Betty and the ambulance technician who was trying to stabilize him. Bruce screamed and howled as his back arched painfully and he broke his restraints, hearing them snap apart like little twigs. "Betty," Bruce spoke, his voice now a fusion of the two beings and then the first of many transformations began to take place. First his eyes changed from a dark brown to a glowing radioactive green, and he sat up and grabbed the paramedic with his bare hand as it too started to turn a sickly green color and with what freedom he had the paramedic screamed in fear which caused the driver to put his foot on the breaks.

Bruce took another look at Betty as his exposed flesh started to change color from it's normal pasty off white usual coloring to a glowing green hue, and as that wasn't the worst of it his skeletal structure and muscles were starting to balloon. Bruce could only muster screams of sheer terror and agony as his body was no longer hos own, the firestorm going on in his mind was now so hot it was boiling any water source he could find. He took one last, pleading look at Betty Ross before barging through the back door and his whole body began to grow an extra couple of feet in every direction and his height drastically increased.

He was no longer Bruce Banner, up and coming gamma based scientist who had a pending interview with a prestigious scientific journal, he had become a beast of epic and mind-blowing proportion. This new behemoth slammed it's massive feet onto the pavement and roared at the traffic and other passerby on the street causing them to flee in terror. This thing that was once Bruce Banner turned around to find the ambulance sitting in the middle of the road, it's doors laying on half off their hinges and twisted and Betty and the emergency paramedic just staring at him with a mix of terror and confusion.

"Bet...ty," the thing said in a gargle as it started to approach, but then it stopped because of that raging fire it was now a vast and expansive ocean and this large and imposing beast of a monster was starting to drown.

"Where am I?" Bruce's voice boomed through the cloudless sky, "What's going on?" the thing in the water kicked and screamed as it desperately tried to reach the surface, but then it noticed something out in the vast and unfathomable horizon. It was orange with black lining, it was most definitely a life raft, and Betty was on it, rowing as hard as she could towards him, but somehow she only stayed out in the distance, way too far for this monstrous thing to reach.

“Betty!” it cried out, every second it’s deformed head bobbed like an apple in a bucket of cold water, “Betty!” it cried out even louder, and even more pitiful than the last outcry. Out in the real world though, things were playing out much different as this hulking beast of a thing got so outraged that it picked up a parked car like a candy wrapper and tossed it several blocks away. It screamed in pure unfiltered rage and fear as it was born into a world it had no concept or even understanding and it’s tantrum was the only thing it knew, that and the name Betty, who finally got herself together and managed with unease to get out of the damaged emergency vehicle. In the distance, police sirens began to screech like nails on a chalkboard as they started to respond to this incredible situation.

“I’m here, Bruce!” she called out from behind the beast who had it’s back turned to him, “I’m right here, look behind you,” she spoke softly through the screams, terror, and general havoc. Then the beast took in a breath full of gambling Las Vegas air and turned around to find this little tiny angel and she finally reached out to him, but something made the interaction feel off and awkward.

“Betty?” It said in the form of a question, in the distance, the police cars began to show up, and something bad was going to go down soon enough,

“that’s right, I’m Betty,” she spoke with honey in her angelic voice, “come to me, Bruce,”

The beast closed it’s eyes tightly and shook it’s head like a little baby not wanting to eat it’s vegetables for dinner, the name Bruce clicking in his head, “Not Bruce, Betty,” and then that was when all Hell broke loose…

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By silverspidey

Helpless! I enjoyed reading your story. You definitely have the Bruce Banner and Hulk concept understood. I really like how when Bruce is 'normal' Hulk is still eating away at him with negative/or outspoken thoughts. Having this start out in a AAA meeting was really a good way to go. Well done.

My only suggestion would be to shorten your sentences in your paragraphs. They're really good, you don't write sentences, you write descriptions that've earned not to be connected to another running thought. They deserve its due weight to 'sit' in the readers mind. Its something I learned early on and from time to time still struggle with. Take a look below at one of your paragraphs that I simply edited with a couple of periods, semi-colon and 'placement' of a pronoun.

----

He was no longer Bruce Banner. The up and coming gamma based scientist who had a pending interview with a prestigious scientific journal had become a beast of epic and mind-blowing proportion. This new behemoth slammed its massive feet onto the pavement.He roared at the traffic and other passersby on the street causing them to flee in terror. This thing that was once Bruce Banner, turned around to find the ambulance sitting in the middle of the road. It's doors laying on half off their hinges and twisted.Betty and the emergency paramedic, staring at him with a mix of terror and confusion.