MARVEL: THE BEGINNING - The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 | Sensational Symbiote Saga | Arc 1 - PT 3. Symbiosis

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverspidey

7 Hours After Previous Story...

No Caption Provided

The screaming alarm of Peter’s phone fills the room with noise.

Slowly, Peter Parker’s heavy eyelids open in response to his phone’s alarm. His hazel brown eyes immediately notice the honey yellow glow of the sun rising over Queens, shining on him in bed. Letting out a tired breath, Peter feels as if his entire body weighed so heavy, he must have sunk into the very coils of the mattress. Reaching for his phone, Peter shuts off his phone.

Clenching his jaw, Peter pulls his arm beneath his chest and pushes himself off the mattress. Bringing his legs out from under the cool sheets, Peter sits at the edge of the bed and plants his feet on the floor with effort. Closing his eyes and grunting, Peter feels every bit of body ache.

However, unbeknownst to Peter, a pool of black liquid rests in the indentation of his mattress. Slowly it slithers onto Peter’s back. Closing his eyes, Peter draws a deep breath as the black liquid coats his back, arms, torso, legs and rises up to his collar bone.

Then, the black liquid morphs to resemble a black T-Shirt and Black jeans.

Standing up from the bed, Peter opens his eyes that are glossed over black before blinking again, unaware as they return to normal.

MARVEL: THE BEGINNING - The Amazing Spider-Man VOL 2

The Sensational Symbiote Saga

Arc 1: The Black Suit - Pt 3. 'The Symbiosis'

No Caption Provided

PREVIOUSLY: Spider-Man has come into contact with an alien life form sought by Ozcorp. After being 'killed', Peter has found his way home with no memory of what has transpired. Meanwhile, with a piece of the alien life form at OzCorp, Norman goes to his secret labs lead scientist Otto Octavius, for answers.

Dr. Octavius
Dr. Octavius
Norman Osborn - CEO of OzCorp
Norman Osborn - CEO of OzCorp
Maryjane Watson
Maryjane Watson
Eddie Brock - Peter's Half-Brother
Eddie Brock - Peter's Half-Brother
Peter Parker
Peter Parker
Aunt May
Aunt May

Dr. Gregor - Orchis
Dr. Gregor - Orchis

No Caption Provided

“OTTO!” shouts Norman Osborn, standing at the top metal stairs that descend to the grate metal floor, “For the love of...why is your Lab Tech’s head MISSING FROM HIS BODY!”

No Caption Provided

OzCorps Research and Development Bunker was appropriately large. Drainage pipes under the center grated floors emptied to the main sewer. Air Ducts routed any toxic air to the aqueduct which doubled as vents to flood the facility, a crisis move had the need arose. Hence, the 50 foot descending metal stairs gave a perfect view to anyone who entered. Osborn loved the idea of this place. A pocket unsurvellienced room curiosity, even if that sort of ‘curiosity’ involved experimentation that was banned in most countries. No one knew, no one cared.

Unbuttoning his immaculately fitted suit, Norman strides down the metal staircase to Otto Octavius, staring at a decapitated body until he reaches the metal floor and approaches Otto.

“OTTO!”

Staring at the body and muttering to himself, Norman’s voice snaps Otto’s eyes snap to attention, meeting Norman intense gaze baring down at him. He was so much taller than him, and lean in comparison to the short stubby 5’9 German descendant he was.

“Yes.” mutters Otto Octavius, unsure when he exactly arrived. Staring at the headless body of his former lab assistant bleeding on the floor, Otto draws a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves.

“We were moving the specimen to the new Tank I asked you to acquire...” Otto recalls, “...the Rhino had left. By the way, the Underworld is impressed, Rhino’s services will be contracted as you anticipated, so now we have a ‘slushfund’ like you wanted me to…”

Raising his eyes to meet with Norman’s reddening face harden with intensity. Otto stutters to a stop, promptly electing to skip the details.

“...but to the matter at hand...” Otto awkwardly continues, “...my Lab Tech, Allen, noticed our specimen appeared, lethargic. Alas, he opened the container to poke it and, well. ‘It’ grabbed him...”

Otto’s eyes immediately meet with Norman’s shocked expression. Both men peer across the end room to the overtly large rectangular fish tank. Yet to Norman Osborn, it was a five hundred thousand dollar, unbreakable crystal quartz tank that now held a murderous specimen that resembled a pool of black ink.

“How did it…” Norman pauses as his eye twitches at the thought, “...’grab him’?” he forces out.

“It ‘reached’ for his arm…” Otto recalls, “...then up went up to his face, poured into every cranial orifice before it....” Otto’s words trail off before shivering at the fleeting memory, “...well, after collapsing, it poured out of Allan’s ears and returned to its container after feeding.”

Raising his red eyebrow skeptically at the last word Otto said that rings in his ears like a church bell at midnight, “Feeding?” says Norman.

“Yes.” replies Otto with such obvious confidence it gives Norman pause. “Specifically his brain. It wasn’t interested in flesh. I’m thinking since Rhino harmed it by using a torch, and only recovering only part of its mass while the rest was on Spider-Man when he was shot, its rebuilding itself - perhaps.”

{Writers note: See Pt 1 - Containment }

“I don't need ‘perhaps’ Otto…” Norman chides, “..I need facts! What can you tell me?”

“Its only been Fourteen Hours, but so far, I know it’s a Super Parasite.” Otto answers, “Upon closer examination of its cellular structure, it contained thousands of genetic markers of other creatures within its original DNA, like some repository.”

“What do you mean, ‘contained’?” Norman asks, noting his ‘past tense’ usage.

“Right so…” Otto sighs, “...these Foreign Genetic Markers began fading away over the past few hours. In retrospect, it must have begun using those cells to heal itself.” Otto hypothesizes, “Which, when finished, required nourishment. So, I think when it went after Allen, but if he had not been a viable host - it took what it needed - his brain.”

Norman glances down at his watch, “Any idea how long before our ‘Symbiote’, tries to ‘eat’ us because we’re not good enough to body snatch?”

“Not entirely sure yet. Could be hours, days.” Otto answers, “I feel we should try to find Spider-Man’s body. If he is dead and the rest of the specimen is with him, we can recover it.”

Pulling out his phone, Norman begins typing a text message, “Or, an easier solution.” he says, sending off the message, “If our Symbiote likes brain tissue, I know of an old mental facility near bankruptcy that’ i’ve been trying to acquire to build an Annex. Plenty of brain tissue there.” Norman coldly replies.

Utterly stunned, Otto’s eyes open so wide he pulls off his glasses, “Osborn you can’t. They’re...”

“...not going to missed as much as an intelligent Lab Tech.”states Norman, then points at the creature, “Our ‘Symbiote’ has secrets of the universe…” Norman says, “...and if the cost to unlock that is two hundred mental patients, that’s a cheap price.”

Walking away from Otto while still typing, Norman continues, “You’ll get a patient list by end of day. Select patients to fed, select others to test this ‘host’ theory of yours. I’m curious to see if our symbiote will communicate through its ‘hosts’ or, ‘enhance it’. I’d love to talk to it.”

Still shaken to his core at the thought of sacrificing ‘LIVE’ people to this creature, Otto keeps staring at his feet standing in blood. Closing his eyes, Otto mumbles before shouting louder than he intended. “Norman!”

Halfway up the metal stairs to the exit, Norman stops. Silence settles between the two as Norman turns around and glares Otto standing alone on the lab floor, “What!”

Otto draws a brave breath and straightens his posture, determined to be brave, “This, is wrong.”

Impressed at his gumption, Norman slides his hands into his pocket and tilts his head at Otto like King pondering the fate of a peasant worthy of killing.

“Look who grew a conscious.” Osborn scoffs, “Eight Years Otto. Eight years we’ve produced drugs, sold weapons, black market deals in this room. Didn’t image this would be your line!” laughs Norman.

Otto firms his lips together as Norman glares down at him like some higher being.

“Look Otto…” Norman continues, “...I’m determined to reach the next evolutionary stage and mutandom isn't it!” he declares, “I don’t have a hammer, a patriot shield...I have my mind..” he says, then points at the container holding the creature, “...AND I FOUND LIFE IN THE STARS!” he declares, “I DID! So believe you me, I’ll feed your mother that thing if that’s what it takes to ascend.”

“You’re not god Osborn.” Otto chides.

“Not for everyone, Otto.” Norman bitterly retorts, “But ‘I’, gave you this job. ‘I’ saved you from criminal indictments across the globe. So I am your god.” he corrects, opening the metal door, “And god says feed the crazy men to the beast Otto. So do it, before god gets angry.” he spits, slamming the door behind him.

Otto sighs and rubs his face, “Otto…” he mumbles to himself, staring at the blood on the floor, “...you better know what you are doing.”

Meanwhile...at the Parker Home...

No Caption Provided

“Can you believe I’ve been here a year?!” exclaims Maryjane Watson, folding her legs beneath her in her seat.

Cracking an egg and dropping the dollop into the frying pan, Aunt May turns to MJ wearing her oversized black ‘BEYONCE’ t-shirt, “Honestly, until I spoke to you’re Aunt Anna, I hadden believed it myself. I am going to miss you when your Aunt buys that house down the block and you’re with her.” she replies.

“I know…” Maryjane sighs, “...but I’ll come visit for our Sunday Night Soaps on Metflix.”

“Oh you must!” exclaims Aunt May, “I won’t watch ‘Lusty Sunset Boulevard’ without you.”

“Facts.”

Resting her elbows on the tablet, Maryjane’s vibrant red hair draped over her face keeps her eyes peeled to her phone, MJ continues swiping ‘up’ from each video she views.

“Oh my gawd Aunt May it's all over social media! People are posting videos that the military shot Spider-Man last night. They’re saying he’s dead!” MJ sighs, swiping up to another video.

“I saw...” Aunt May says, shaking her head pitifully, “...I was up to two o’clock in the morning on that TocTik or TickityTok videos its so addicting...my data bill is going to be through the roof.”

“Did I just hear something else I’m gonna have to pay for?!”

Rolling her green eyes in dramatic fashion, Maryjane sits back in her chair and watches Eddie stride into the kitchen. Wearing his ‘Daily Bugle’ workman’s jumpsuit, Eddie goes to the counter and pours himself a cup of coffee.

“Oh Good Morning Venomous Soul…” greets Maryjane, “...give children nightmares in last nights newspaper run?”

“And Good Morning Pain of My Existence, Hell let you out for the day?” Eddie chides

“Yes, Devil said to say he finished your suite next to hitler’s tomorrow.” Maryjane grins.

“Eddie Please…” Aunt May exclaims, “...Maryjane is our guest and we will not treat her like...”

“First off…” Eddie interrupts “...MJ’s been here a year, she’s not guest…” he explains while sliding two slices of toast into the toaster “...and two, she’s leaving here in like what, a week or two? So she’s fair game. Her not being as sensitive Peter tempts me to beg her to stay.”

“Aw you’d miss me?” Maryjane mockingly jokes.

Eddie smirks, “Like a democrat missing Trump.” he sarcastically retorts, “Or a New Yorker missing Spider-Man, take your pick.”

“And what do you have against Spider-Man?!” Aunt May says, setting down a plate of eggs and fried bacon before her, “Everyone loves him. He’s not dead. That’s just leftist fake news.”

Rolling his eyes at the statement, Eddie glances at his phone, “Heroes are overrated.”

Maryjane waves her hand, “He wasn’t when he saved my life! And saved Gwens. AND our whole school AND YOURS!.”

Eddie sips his cup, muttering to himself, “But he’s not here saving my morning from you.”

Hearing footsteps behind her, Maryjane immediately turns to the entrance, “GOOD MORNING Peet...terr…” she says as her words trail off.

Like a floating ghost, Peter comes to the dining table and seats himself across from her, his back to Eddie and rests his head on his arm as he lays his head down.

Silent, Maryjane looks at Peter. Observing every inch of him. His skin was pale but dark circles decorated his eyes as if he hadn’t slept the entire evening. Even his brown, usually overgrown hair, seemed darker, and draped over part of his face like a 90s emo-gothic boy. Then again, like a gothic kid trying for a metal band, Maryjane notices that Peter wears a black shirt and black jeans. Peter Parker, in all black? Suspicious.

“H-hey Tiger…” Maryjane says, reaching out for him, tapping the table, “...you feelin’ okay?”

Turning around from the stove with a plate of food, Aunt May holds a plate of bacon and eggs, “Good…” however upon seeing Peter, Aunt May’s expression falls and immediately puts the plate down, “...oh Peter!” she exclaims, rushing to his side.

Feeling his forehead with the back of her hand for fever, Aunt May squeezes both of Peter’s cheeks to open his mouth and check his throat, “Say ‘Aahh…”

Standing up from the table, Peter holds out his hands to Aunt May, preventing her from practically crawling into his mouth and examining his Tonsils. “I’m fine Aunt May, really, i’m just overworked is all. I was up late working in the lab.” he explains.

Aunt May’s left eyebrow arches with the appropriate amount of skepticism, “I thought they suspended work at the Lab since the Shuttle crashed. Didn’t they evacuate OzCorp?” she asks.

Having felt tired before, Peter rubs his head. Flashes of having been shot. Feeling moments of being on the train. Then seeing, ‘something’ coat his body…

Writers Note: See Part 2

“Uh-uh, yes and no…” Peter says, fumbling his words, “...they let some people go and some stayed. I left Gwen but once I reached the edge of the property, I was turned away. So I did my intern work into the night. I never saw Gwen or Doc Connors though.”

“Really?” Eddie asks, skeptical of the entire excuse, “All that time?”

Clearing his throat, Peter nods, “Yeah, all that time.” he lies.

Standing in the way of the door so Peter can’t leave, Eddie folds his arms, “What exactly, do you do in that lab? Curing cancer?” he probes at his half-brother.

Peter's jaw clenches in frustration. “We work hard. Its a little complex to fully explain.”

“Oh so I'm Not smart enough that’s it?” Eddie retorts.

“Eddie, that’s not what he said.” Aunt May says, her tone echoing the unsaid warning.

“But its a simple question…”

“No Eddie…” Peter answers, getting his attention with a smirk, “...I can’t answer a simple question for an idiot.”

Aunt May closes her eyes and shakes her head as if having been hit the face with hot air. Hearing this, Maryjane immediately turns her phone over onto its face, folds her hands “Sorry, i’m paying FULL attention.”

Eddie’s grin vanishes. “Oh look who got a pair of balls!”

“I got a whole lot more than that.” Peter swiftly retorts.

Folding his arms, Eddie nods, “Great, that include an actual answer to where you were last night when the entire city was in a state of emergency, and you were nowhere to be found?”

“I didn’t die Eddie, stop parenting.” Aunt May chides.

“Funny…” argues Eddie, “...because If i did what Peter did, You and Uncle Ben would've been so far up my…”

“Its because you broke their trust, you moron!”

Aunt May draws in such a deep breath, Maryjane swears all the oxygen left the room.

Slowly Eddie turns to Peter, glaring at him. “What did you call me?”

“Its physics Eddie.” says Peter, “You used me to do your HIGH SCHOOL homework while I was in middle school. We both got caught.” he explains. “I fessed up, I got a scholarship. You lied, got expelled. You broke trust. I earned it back. You need a crayon drawing for all this?” he huffs.

Grabbing Peter by his arm Eddie, point at Peter’s face, “Listen you little sh…”

However, before he finishes his words, Peter grabs Eddie by his wrist and bicep and swings Eddie around off his feet, slamming him up against the wall so hard it cracks the window pane!

“PETER!” screams Aunt May and Maryjane in unison.

“QUIET!” barks Peter, silencing both of Maryjane and Aunt May with stunned wide-eyes.

Glaring directly into Eddie’s eyes, Peter presses Eddie harder and harder against the wall with an unending supply of strength. “We are sick and TIRED…” growls Peter, pressing his forearm against Eddie’s throat, “...of your BULLYING…” he shouts as Eddie’s face reddens as he’s choked, “...and your %^& INSULTS every %^& day and $%^& night!”

Eddie’s eyes open wide as Peter bears down his forearm even more, unable to breath, “ITS ENOUGH!” Peter shouts into Eddie’s face, throwing him to the floor.

Violently coughing, Eddie clutches his throat as Peter stands over him, “Learn your place in the food chain Eddie…” he threatens as Eddie looks up at him, stunned, “...Before We, teach you.” he snarls, before throwing open the backdoor with an chilly autumn breeze entering the kitchen.

Stunned and stupefied, the blood drains from Maryjane's face. Staring at the now vacant space where Peter stood, Maryjane looks over to a horrified Aunt May who just stares at cracked pane glass in the door, “What the %^& just happened?”

OzCorp Tower - Rooftop

No Caption Provided

Walking across the rooftop helipad to the Helicopter, Norman Osborn watches as the door swings open revealing the lead scientist for shadowy organization, Orchis, Dr. Alia Gregor.

{WRITERS NOTE: Her First Appearance in the ARC: THE 'FANTASTIC' PROLOGUE PART 3: The Symbiote (Finale)}

Folding his arm, Norman pulls out his sunglasses. Leaning out the door of the chopper’s passenger seat, Dr. Gregor, decked in her white business suit, pulls off her glasses as well.

“I dont like being summoned Dr. Gregor.” Osborn declares, “I thought we were done, your words, not mine.”

With nothing but irritation to coat her voice, Dr. Gregor fine eyebrows raise, “We were, until my superior told me to contact you, mutual interest.”

Norman nods, “Five Hundred Million donations should do that, don’t you think?”

Shaking her head, Gregor leans back in her seat, “We watched the News last night.”

{Writers note: Regards to the news, see what happened 13 hours ago in Pt 1 - Containment }

Norman smirks, “We still got the specimen, Symbiote that is, which last I checked was OzCorp Business.”

“But not all of it.” corrects Dr. Gregor , handing Norman a manilla envelope, "I know you had some shady scheme running, but your man in the rhino suit, didn't get it all."

Opening it, Norman eyes scans the printed radius maps, multiple angle photos of Spider-Man shot, but also, climbing out the Hudson River, covered in black.

Norman narrows his eyes, “So he is alive. You tracked him to Queens?”

“General Ross trigger happy Sniper Sergeant Poindexter, didn’t miss his kill shot. Spider-Man died...” Gregor explains, “...but your ‘symbiote’ kept Spider-Man alive somehow. We want to know how. We know he’s in Astoria, Queens. Orchis is interested in helping you.”

The statement immediately pulls Norman's eyes away from the page to her, “General Ross?”

“Off in Arizona with a Gamma problem.” Gregor replies, “This is off-book, washed money. Orchis, not the military, will collaborate with you. We hunt Spider-Man, get your sample and we get a piece, unless...” smirks Dr. Gregor, as she removes a small 3x5 photo from her pocket and hands it to Osborn.

Looking at the photo, Osborn’s eyes open wide, seeing a Photo of Spider-Man, swinging on weblines with, his entire body coated in black.

No Caption Provided

“...you’re okay with your some man we dont' know achieving symbiosis." she finishes.

Crushing the photo in his palm, Norman look at Dr. Gregor smug grin, “Let’s get to work.”

To be continued with...

PART 4 - THE TERROR OF SPIDER-MAN

No Caption Provided

LoreMasterAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you write this yourself? And, is this a story by Marvel or yourself?

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By silverspidey
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@silverspidey: Amazing! I read this and will go back to the others. You've made an amazing corner of the universe and write like a champion

No Caption Provided

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I really appreciate that. I’m trying to really build this out and push my creativity. So glad it’s not trash lol.