Marvel-The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man VOL 2 I THE SENSATIONAL SYMBIOTE SAGA-ARC: The Black Suit-Pt.1 Containment

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverspidey

Leland Owslely
Leland Owslely

Madame Masque
Madame Masque
Hammerhead - Right Hand to the 'BIG MAN'
Hammerhead - Right Hand to the 'BIG MAN'
Mister Negative
Mister Negative
Silvio 'Silvermane' Manfredi
Silvio 'Silvermane' Manfredi

OTTO OCTAVIUS
OTTO OCTAVIUS

20 MINUTES AGO - UNKNOWN LOCATION

Standing infront of a computer, Otto Octavius stares at his phone with a message from Norman Osborn "Start the Demonstration."

“Thank you all for being here tonight. I assure this will not be for naught.”

“Whatever, lets just get dis over wit. We got places ta’ be.”

“Of Course Hammerhead, although I do wish the Big Man himself would have been present tonight.”

“He’s always present…” says Hammerhead, his eyes narrowed at the screen, “...just act like he’s here. My eyes are his! Ya got that!”

“Of course he’s present...” interjects Madame Masque, “...Hammerhead wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t already on the Big Man’s lap like a good lil puppy.” she grins.

“Careful Madame...dis’ puppy might decide ta’ maul da rest of dat face.” Hammerhead growls.

“As interesting the idea of a hardhead and a golden face coming to blow is…”Owslely chides, “...I have someone’s heart to cut out in an hour so can we please cut to the point!”

“Well Owsley…” Negative smirks, “I didn’t know you still got your hands dirty, don’t you have people for that?”

A crooked smirk comes across Owslely’s face, “We all need a hobby.”

“A hobby? This is a business…” chides Silvio Manfredi, “...if you didn’t treat it as a hobby maybe you’d be more successful with your territory.”

“Maybe I should come over there and ‘personally’ show you my hobby old…”

“Gentleman gentleman…” Otto interrupts, “...discord is not the color of the evening. A demonstration is. Now, as you all know, New York City has been under the control of ‘Big Man’ for many years. We have all profited as of late. However, over the past Year Spider-Man has interfered if not stopped shipments or product deliveries in your ‘business’. Hence, since the Big man tasked us all with finding solutions to our ‘arachnid’ problem, I may have one. Interested?”

“YES!” they all say in unison.

“Good. I have a solution in the form of a demonstration.” says Otto while watching Hammerhead’s screen. Slightly, Hammerhead leans back in his chair as if listening to a voice behind him. However, seeing Otto has gone silent, Hammerhead leans forward to the screen.

“So?” Hammerhead asks, “When is it?”

Otto grins, discerning ‘The Big Man’s’ interest was greatly in his favor. He anticipated so, or more, calculated.

“Now.” answers Otto, to Hammerheads raised eyebrows, “Allow the one and only Otto Octavious to demonstrate a guaranteed anti-spider-man retrieval security measure if you will. The One. The Only. The Rhino!”

Leaning forward, Hammerhead narrows his eyes “What exactly is he retrieving?”

Otto grins, “MY dear Hammerhead, you wouldn’t believe it if I told you, so just turn on the news.”

Marvel - The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man

VOL 2: THE SENSATIONAL SYMBIOTE SAGA

No Caption Provided

ARC 1: THE BLACK SUIT

PART 1: CONTAINMENT

Spider-Man
Spider-Man

The Rhino
The Rhino

General Ross
General Ross

Sergeant Poindexter
Sergeant Poindexter

PRESENT - GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE

No Caption Provided

“THIS IS BETTY BRANT WITH THE DAILY BUGLE NEWS CHOPPER 1 TEAM! REPORTING IN FROM THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE! SPACE X SHUTTLE CRISIS!!!
“THIS IS BETTY BRANT WITH THE DAILY BUGLE NEWS CHOPPER 1 TEAM! REPORTING IN FROM THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE! SPACE X SHUTTLE CRISIS!!!

No Caption Provided

"Hundreds are stuck on both sides of the George Washington Bridge as the joint NASA/OZcorp Space X Project to recover an element not found on our Periodic Table dubbed Promethium X, has gone awry."

Looking to the camera, Betty points to the distance out the window "Details are still coming in but we know is this: Moments ago, Lead Pilots for the SPACE X Shuttle, Benjamin Grim and Johnny Storm lost contact with NASA Controls. An emergency landing for reasons still unknown has resulted in a crash landing on GW Bridge. We’re coming up alongside the bridge now and wow, look at the damage…"

No Caption Provided

"...As you can see, the Shuttle is on its side with hundreds of abandoned cars and...wait… is that? Frank zoom in there….is that...Spider-Man?! YES! THATS SPIDER-MAN ON THE SCENE! I repeat Spider-Man is one the scene with a mysterious, I mean, what is that? Who is he supposed to be ?Okay, someone in a grey onesie just threw Spider-Man into a crate and black oil is all over him, is Spider-Man fighting a muscled Grey Onesie man? Is he robbing the shuttle? Stay with us, we’re live…”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile...on the Bridge

Holding up his arms as if he was drenched in thick black oil, Spider-Man observes the very cold black goo coating his hand, arms and covering the red and blue colors of his costume on his torso. The thick black goo chills Spider-Man to his bones as if it was made of liquid nitrogen.

“What is this stuff...” complains Spider-Man, throwing his head back against the shuttle’s metal underside, “...i mean i just washed this, if this stains…” the complains, trying to wipe it off but groans as it smears and coats him like thick honey, “...I swear i’m wearing latex from now on I don’t care what lifestyle repercussions it has!”

Seeing the black goo coating Spider-Man’s torso, hands chest, and part of his feet making it impossible to stand, Rhino takes a few steps back. Taking stock of his situation, Rhino glances to his right.

The hovering news chopper was ascending for a better angle but the bright spotlight still remained on him and Spider-Man. So much for being discreet. Returning his attention to Spider-Man, Rhino had a mission and even though he was ‘cleared’ to kill Spider-Man, Otto Octavius was probably watching the news and was none too happy to see he lost the….

~YOU IMBECILE...!~ shouts Otto.

Rhino closes his eyes at the dreaded timing of hearing his employer's annoying voice come over his earbud communicator.

“Boss i’m kinda busy…” Rhino says, as he nervously watches the black goo that spilled all over Spider-Man stretch down his torso and legs and splatter.

~No my friend you are RUINING the demonstration! You have to fix this! Fix this now and i mean NOW!~

Touching his earbud, Rhino clenches his jaw at the notion of going after Spider-Man again, “But boss the sample, it got all over Spider-Man and, its weird the sample was...a thing, it bit me alot and...”

~ALEKSEI?! Is your Rhinohide damaged?! Did you damage my only prototype suit you OVERGROWN imbecile!~

“NO!” barks Rhino, tired of the insults, “But dat stuff was uh, uh like, it was solid, an animal. Now its a liquid after it felt the torch flames and its…”

~I dont’ care what it was, OUR WINDOW BEFORE THE ARMY ARRIVE IS CLOSING! You need to END THIS NOW!”

Letting out a frustrated snort, Rhino nods, “Right.” he says, his mind now refocused .

Immediately Rhino starts looking around the bridge. He needed something. In a sea of abandoned cars, surely he could find anything that was tough enough to ‘scoop’ that black goo into. Then, Rhino’s eyes catch notice of an abandoned car. Doors wide open. Key still in the ignition...and a thermos in the cup holder.

Meanwhile..

{Alright Spidey c’mon this Rhino dude is making you look bad get up!}

Finally managing to stand up and STAY on his two feet, Spider-man holds out his hands to balance himself, barely able to keep his feet from moving on what feels like slick ice, but gooey.

{Alright, Spidey some dude just stained your suit and you got no cash for dry cleaning…}

Lifting his eyes to Rhino reaching into an abandoned car, Spider-Man narrows his eyes, “...okay, so, we’re arresting him...and beating him up a lil too. Yeah. just a bit.”

Squatting low, Spider-Man springs off the ground and flips in the air to Rhino.

~He’s coming for you! DO something you FOOL!~

Pulling himself out the car with his newly acquired thermos, Rhino’s white horns tear through the car roof like a knife through butter as he looks up to Spider-Man diving at him. Immediately Rhino rips the driver side door off the car,

“Stop calling me a FOOL!” he shouts, hurling the door at Spidey as if it was a frisbee.

To his amazement, Spider-Man flips in the air-again, shoots out a thin web at the door that whizzes by him.

“BUT YOUR NOT SMART!” he shouts, hurling right back at Rhino!!

Rhino’s eyes open wide. Immediately swings his arm, smacking the car door away before it hits him in the face. Looking in the air, Rhino sees no sign of Spider-Man. Then, Rhino hears the sound of something heavy moving behind him.

Turning around, Rhino’s eyes open wide at an abandoned car shoved at him with great force!

Holding out both hands and leaning forward, Rhino stops the car dead in its tracks.

~You’re wasting time.The ARMY IS ON ITS WAY AND they compromise your exit in Ninety seconds…~

Peering through the windshield, through the empty car and out the back window, Rhino narrows his eyes at Spider-man, pushing the car into him.

“LEMME GUESS…” Spider-Man shouts in a strained voice, still trying to push the car into Rhino “...YOU ATE AAAAALL YOUR VEGGIES AS A KID!”

~Aleskei, the scientists, their STILL IN THE SHUTTLE! THROW THE CAR AT IT! ~

Rhino grimaces at the thought but he obeys. Grabbing the car by the front end of the car Rhino, lifts the entire front end of the car off the ground, “YEAH SPIDEY…” he shouts, “...I DID!” he yells before throwing the entire car into NASA Shuttle!

With nothing between them, Spider-Man watches in horror as the car zooms through the air and rams the side of the shuttle with enough force, it causes the ship to shift!

Spider-Man’s eyes open wide in horror at both seeing and hearing the screeching metal of the NASA Shuttle against the concrete as the car crashes into it. The entire nose of the shuttle was already over the side of the bridge, but now, it was tipping and would for sure fall into the Hudson River.

“Dem science people are still in there, ya wanna save’em?”

Spider-man looks at Rhino standing before him as smug as ever and then points to himself with his grey covered thumb, “...or you wanna stop me? Hero?!”

Spider-man, covered in dripping black goo narrows his eyes at Rhino. He wanted to stop him, but not the cost of innocent lives.

{Why didn't I get them first, stupid stupid.} Spider-Man mumbles, rebuking himself.

“This isn’t over!” chides Spider-man, before shooting a thin webline to the bridge support cables and vaulting himself into the air.

~Wait for him to get inside.~ instructs Otto.

Rhino, seeing Spider-Man swinging through the air as fast as he can, sees the Helicopter’s spotlight shift off of him and Spider-Man lands on the side of the shuttle. Still covered in the black goo, Spider-man crawls along the side the shuttle to the open hole Rhino had made for himself earlier.

~Aleskei, MOVE IT!~

Seeing Spider-Man disappear into the shuttle, Rhino runs towards it but stops short. Unscrewing the thermos he stole, he kneels down to the pavement.

“C’mon you nasty…” grumbles Rhino, scraping the lip of the thermos along the ground, collecting the last remains of black goo he sees.

~Get us as much as you can. Hurry!~

Looking around, Rhino pauses. Thinking his eyes are playing tricks on him, Rhino observes as the scattered black goo on the pavement slowly moves towards the shuttle. It didn’t take a genius to put it together.

“Stuff’s alive Doc.” mumbles Rhino, piecing together that the goo is heading in Spider-Man’s direction. Peaking into the thermos, Rhino sees the black goo vibrating and slowly spiraling upwards to get out.

“Ah no you dont’.” Rhino huffs, immediately placing the cap on the thermos and squeezing it til the metal top is crushed so none spill out.

Touching the side of his comm, Rhino speaks, “I’m done.”

~Now get off the bridge to the New Jersey side, down the embankments. I’ll send a boat to collect you.~

Turning around, Rhino sprints away from the shuttle smashing aside a car with one hand and kicking up another before sprinting down the George Washington Bridge towards New Jersey.

to be continued....

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@silverspidey: Okay, so is this "The Fantastic," or "The Sensational Symbiote Saga?" Or was "The Fantastic" just the title of the prologue?

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ficopedia: this is the sensational symbiote saga.

The ‘fantastic’ was the title of the prologue to this story.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By silverspidey

update: Had some health difficulties this week so sorry no issue for tomorrow. I'll have one up in a few days. Hope everyone has safe and healthy and can catch up on previous issues.

I'll have a preview of the next issue up.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@silverspidey: Okay, this may seem unfair, but the title is WAY too long. Just looking at it makes you kinda tired and lose interest.

Here are a few suggestions to change the title:

Marvel-The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man VOL 2 I THE SENSATIONAL SYMBIOTE SAGA-ARC: The Black Suit-Pt.1 Containment

The symbiote will almost ALWAYS be associated with Spidy, so you can cut out the Spider-Man part and STILL make it obvious that this is Spider-Man related.

Keep saga since the word is used often in superhero related stories(Spider-Man even more so) but remove arc. Combining those two seems a bit... off.

It is great you take the time to even give part 1 a title, but it works better with issue front pages of comics since there is a ton of space and you can make the letters look kinda cool. Title of a fic? Just makes it feel cramped.

If you do all this, you will get:

Marvel-The Beginning: THE SENSATIONAL SYMBIOTE SAGA Pt.1

Shorter, to the point, and easier to catch others attention.

One more thing: Too many images. you even use the general Ross one twice. Makes the reading experience less smooth. Especially after

PART 1: CONTAINMENT

WAY too crowded

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2:

Thanks for the suggestions. I probably won’t change it to sensational symbiote because the symbiote itself isn’t the title main character, that still Spider-Man. There will be times when the focus will shift, the Arcs indícate that. It’s not a comic way but a manga style that I approach it. Which is a story spanning multiple chapters in a long serial work, the Arcs.

The reason I include saga is because the entire Volume of Amazing Spider-Man, will deal with this topic and since A Saga covers several generations or some long involved history - that qualifies as part of the title.

But that’s just my perspective, I’ll see what can be shorted.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By silverspidey
@waezi2 said:

Aside from the title, how was the story?

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel - The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man

VOL 2: THE SENSATIONAL SYMBIOTE SAGA

PART 1: CONTAINMENT (conclusion)

New York side of George Washington Bridge

No Caption Provided

Running onto the New York side of the George Washington Bridge with ten men alongside him, Thaddeus Thunderbolt Ross with a gun in one hand and a radio in the other, looks up at the night sky as dozens of helicopters fly past overhead head, surrounding the bridge.

Pointing forward, Thaddeus speaks into his walkie talkie, “EAGLE ONE THIS IS GOLD LEADER! LOCK DOWN THIS BRIDGE! I WANT LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT ON A HARD PERIMETER AND YOU TO DO A RADIATION CHECK ON THIS LOCALE! WE’RE SETTING UP A POST, WHATEVER WAS ON THAT SHUTTLE, I WANT FULL CONTAINMENT.” he says, jogging to a stop.

Pointing to his left and right, the soldiers following behind him immediately drop their massive backpacks and pull out their tablets while others begin constructing a white tent.

~Eagle One To Gold Leader, we have...a containment problem.~

Clicking the receiver on his radio, Thaddeus replies, “DARE TO TELL EAGLE ONE!”

~Gold Leader...we have a visual on Spider-Man coming out the shuttle with the scientists.~

Thaddeus pulls his attention from his men setting up the equipment to peering far the distance.

From his position, Thaddeus could clearly see he was a good half mile from the Shuttle that was leaning over the side of the bridge. Pulling out a small pocket telescope, Thaddeus peers through and instantly Spider-Man, covered in black goo while setting an unconscious Sue Storm to the pavement alongside Reed Richards.

Bringing up the radio to his mouth, Thaddeous replies, “Eagle Eye does that freak have our sample all over his #$% SELF."

~That’s Affirmative Sir...radiation scales are off the charts. We have a breach...~

Pulling out his gun before he can finish, Thunderbolt switches radio channels, “THIS IS GOLD LEADER ON ALL CHANNELS, WE HAVE A CONTAINMENT BREACH! TARGET SPIDER-MAN. I WANT CONTAINMENT UNITS TO CONVERGE ON HIS LOCATION AND GET OUR SNIPER SERGEANT POINDEXTER A RIFLE!”

~~*~*~*~*~

“Oh geez please don’t be dead….” sighs Spider-Man, now resting down Ben Grimm, alongside everyone else.

Knelt down beside them, Spider-Man observes again Reed Richard, Sue Storm, Ben Storm and Ben Grimm all carefully placed on the ground next to the other, all unconscious.

“Sue….” Reed groans.

“Its okay, okay…” Spider-Man says, patting him on the shoulder, “I got her. She’s fine.” he reassures him as Reed passes out once more.

Hearing propellers above him, Spider-Man lifts his eyes up to the night sky, spotting the helicopters believing their newscopters, “You guys get all that?”

What was just one, turned into now five helicopters now hovering around the bridge with bright spotlights on him.

“Cause I can see it now…” Spider-Man mumbles, swiping his hands in the air, “SPIDEY SAVES…”

However, the small ‘ache’ at the back of Spider-Man’s head goes from throbbing, to full blown pain, even momentarily coating everything in vision red. Feeling ‘goosepimples’ cover his body, Spider-Man’s ‘spider-sense’ takes over and instinctually makes him drop to the pavement!

POW!

“WHOA!”

Hearing the bullet zip over him and metal ding behind him, a chill runs down Spider-Man’s spine at the sight of a smoking bullet hole in the Shuttle’s white metal behind him, just about where his throat would be.

A deep profound dread fills Spider-Man’s stomach to the point of nausea.

“What in the…”

Almost immediately Spider-Man sees five red lasers appear on the white metal of the shuttle. Slowly he watches the red laser dots descend from the shuttle and settle, on his chest that’s coated in black goo.

“Sonova….”

Feeling a first grasp on his hand, Spider-Man looks at Reed Richards lying across from him. His face pale and his eyes open wide in horror at the sight of him half-covered in black goo, “You...you have to...get it off…”

Again. Spider-Man’s entire vision flashes red. The painful throb in the back of skull. Spidey mindlessly springs off the ground, backflipping away from Reed!

POW!

“JEEZUS!” Spider-Man shouts, as a gunshot zips past his head as he lands on the top of the shuttle. Yet, with black goo on the bottom of his feet, Spidey slips and falls on his rump.

POW!

Instinct kicks in and he pushes himself back a bullets zips straight through the white metal, inches away from his crotch!

“SO UNNECESSARY!” shouts Spider-Man, now panting in near panic.

However, being on top of the shuttle, Spider-Man clearly sees dire situation at hand. Coming from the New York side of the George Washington Bridge, dozens of soldiers run alongside scientists in white haz-mat suits. Still others zoom past them on motorcycles before skidding to a stop, dropping on their knees and aiming guns at him.

“Oh crap-oh crap-oh crap-oh crappity crap CRAP what did I freakin do!” mumbles Spider-Man as fear grips his entire body, paralyzing him.

Out of the crowd of soldiers, Spider-Man eyes focus onto on particular Soldier boldly moving forward boldly with a rifle trained on him while another soldier with gray hair walks struts in front of him. The Sniper stops short as the gray haired soldier stops and lifts a loudspeaker to his mouth.

“SPIDER-MAN…” shouts the deep voice, “I AM GENERAL THADDEUS, YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS….”

WWWAAAAIT!”

Thaddeus' eyes shift down from Spider-Man to Reed Richard, holding his side and barely standing in front of the shuttle. Reed desperately holds up one hand, “HE DOESN’T KNOW!”

Thaddeus narrows his eyes at the words as Reed looks at him, desperate to save the life that obviously saved his life.

Thaddeus glances at the Sniper beside him, “Poindexter…”

“Yes sir.”

Thaddeous looks at Reed, “Take the shot…”

Seeing the sniper aiming dead at him, Spider-Man’s ‘spidey sense’ kicks in and backflips off the shuttle to the pavement on the bridge and bullets pepper into the air.

Rolling onto the ground, Spider-Man comes to his feet, relieved the Shuttle is between him and the army.

“Okay so today is ‘kill spidey day’ and I didn’t get the memo, so let’s exit on stage left….” Spider-Man says to himself, turning around to run but then sees dozens of Officers running at him from the New Jersey side.

“...but Jersey sucks anyway so...” sighs Spider-Man and looks to the side of the bridge and the river. Letting out a sigh, Spidey shakes his head, “...polluted Hudson River it is. Let’s hope it takes out black goo stains!” he gulps, running for the side of the bridge.

~*~*~*~*~

Running alongside the bridge walkway, Thaddeus Ross sees Spider-Man leap out from the beside the shuttle to the railing, “STOP HIM!” he shouts, rattling off two shots that Spider-Man quickly dodges before swan diving off the bridge.

However, forcibly shoving Thaddeus aside, he watches Sergeant Poindexter race to the spot Spider-Man lept from, swings his leg over the railing to straddle it and leans over the bridge aiming at Spider-Man!

Impatient, Ross looks at Poindexter, “You got him?”

Peering through his scope, Poindexter waits, smirking as he slowly follows Spidey’s swift trajectory with his long nose rifle.

“DO YOU HAVE HIM!” Thaddeus shouts.

Pointdexter smirks and closes one eye, “Bullseye.” he says, letting off a deafening shot that jolts his shoulder back.

Racing to the bridge, Reed Richards face drains with hope as he looks to the black waters, “Oh no…”

Pointdexter looks to Thaddeus, “Shot him in the spine, he’s a deadman.”

~*~*~*~*~

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

{...I can’t feel my legs…}

Sinking in the black depths of the water, Peter pulls off his mask gasping as blood lifts up in the dark waters like maroon colored smoke.

{...no no no I can’t move, I can’t…}

Gulping in water instead of air, Peter’s clutches his back in agonizing pain but horrible realization that he cannot feel his legs. Unable to ‘move’ his legs, panic grips Peter’s chest like a heart-attack.

Struggling to move his arms, water pours in through his nose and mouth.

{...No it can’t end like this…}

Watching the light at the waters surface fade as he sinks like a stone, more blood spews out in the cold black waters around him.

{...oh gawd Aunt May…}

His eyes open wide, his body numbingly cold, Spider-Man opens his mouth to scream, but air bubble spew out instead. More water in his mouth. The taste of salt on his tongue. His ears clog, only able to hear his own muffled cries.

“HAAAllleep….” he gags, before convulsing. The water filling his chest. The light from the surface fades to darkness.

His eyes open and frozen, Peter shakes his head as small bubbles lift from his eyes as the last glimmers of light dissipate to pure dense darkness.

{somebody...anybody...Uncle Ben...I’m sorry….}

Slowly Peter’s eyes before his eyes close as the black goo on his body sinks in through his costume, covers his skin and inserts itself into his mouth, nose, ears and eyes.

“We have you….Peter.”

to be continued....