#1  Edited By silverspidey
silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Descending from the twinkling stars amidst the blackness of space, entering through the burning orange atmosphere of Earth and into dark bluish night sky, Uatu the Watcher sees the immense glowing white moon overhead behind the nighttime clouds.

Floating high above in the night sky, Uatu’s eyes glow brightly, peering past the plumes of thick storm clouds and to the from the reflecting veins of lights far below on the jagged pieces of ground. Seeing the numerous thin lines of light that spread across various directions, Uatu streaks down towards the lights at high speed as his white robe flaps in the gusty wind. Breaking through the thunderous storm clouds, Uatu streaks out below and soars invisibly over streets illuminated by street lights, immense lit skyscrapers to his left and right and pauses in front of the immense television screen found in New York City’s 42nd Street Times Square.

Unseen to the naked eye, Uatu turns around to see the people below amassed in a large group, all counting down in harmony as a crystal orb on a large pole slowly descends to the lit numbers of 2003.

Hearing the harmonious and thunderous ‘HAPPY NEW YEAR’ roar from the crowd below, Uatu floats among the snowing cascade of pink and blue confetti as drizzle begins to rain on the celebrating crowd as the bright pink words on the 42nd St screen ‘WELCOME 2003’ reflect on Uatu.

Closing his eyes, Uatu places his hands on his head, searching and pinpointing what he seeks. Opening his eyes, looks down 15 blocks of curved lined buildings to the one he can feel the energy he seeks, and vanishes.

Meanwhile….

No Caption Provided

Inside a dark office floor, a sea of perfectly organized cubical desks with one large computer, a telephone and lamp, line the floor. The tall windows looking out to foggy night start to reflect the dim light from the far office on the floor.

Panting and sweating heavily, a man in a wet tan trench coat, white shirt and black tie, frantically pulls out various papers from the desk draw stands in front of. The flashlight in his mouth, his glasses fogging, the man scratches his messy brown hair as his blue eyes continue to rover over the pieces of paper, hoping to find what he searches for.

Behind him, appears Uatu the Watcher, invisible and silent he carefully sits with folded legs on top of a large filing cabinet.

Hearing the thunderous roar outside of ‘HAPPY NEW YEAR’, the man in the trench coat turns to the window behind him, “Wonderful, this night can’t get any worse.” He grumbles, turning back to the desk. Pulling out the draw, the man tosses it aside frustratingly starts searching through another draw. However, the man pauses in almost a sense of shock before carefully reaching in the desk, pulling out a yellow floppy disc.

“Bingo!” the man smiles.

“Working late Richard?” asks a voice.

Startled, the Richard’s eyes open wide as he sees a group of people in the shadows by the doorway of his office, “Who are you!?” he asks, stuffing the yellow floppy disc in his pocket.

Uatu turns his attention to the source of the voice as a crack of lightning from outside illuminates their faces.

“You should know.” states the voice.

Seeing his face in the flash of lightning, he flips on the light switch behind him.

“Mister Stein.”

“Very good Richard.”

“It’s Mister Parker to you.” He says with a disdain in his voice that equals the sneer on his face, “Only my friends call me Richard.” he states firmly.

Mister Stein in his black over coat and white scarf, lets out a muddled laugh as he looks to the floor before returning his hollow gaze to Richard Parker, “Oh come now, is that how you treat us after all our…visits? You remember everyone correct?” he asks, pointing to the Japanese woman behind him.

Richard Parker looks at Mr. Stein before him and glances over to the Japanese woman standing behind him. Thick red eye-shadow on her eyelids, her strong cheekbones with pink blush, and a form fitting glittery red dress under her black coat that left nothing to the imagination went with her killer red high heels. She was short in stature, but she stood confident as she pulled her fine thick black hair into a tight ponytail as her brown eyes remained fixed on him with no emotion.

The couple behind her, ordinary looking people. The woman obviously of Mexican descent, remained quiet, her husband with the overgrown handle-bar mustache, nodded at him. Both wore oversize blue jeans, damp tan wool coats and wool beanies on their heads. Almost like twins. One would assume the Mexican descendant couple would just blend in anywhere, but Richard could tell. It was their eyes; all of them, hollow eyes, emotionless expressions, like drones but with purpose.

“I remember all of you.” Richard Parker says, “Mrs Minoru, Mister and Misses Mancha and you, Mister Stein. I’m flattered that a quarter of the members of ‘The Pride’ have come to visit him at such a later hour.” he says, slamming the desk draw shut, “But I believe its time to go, enjoy the New Year.”

Spreading out his hands, blocking his way out, Mr. Stein smiles at Richard Parker who’s face reddens when prevented to leave, “Now now Richard…” Mr. Stein says, “…we traveled a long way, and we cannot just leave on salutations on the New Year.” He smiles.

“Besides…” Mrs Minoru seductively grins, opening her black coat by placing her hands on her hips while leaning her head back, “…who wants to be alone for New Years?” she winks.

THE OUTSTANDING SPIDER-MAN

PROLOGUE

NO NEED FOR PARENTS - PART 1

No Caption Provided

His hair disheveled, Richard Parker, wipes his sweated face and slams the drawer shut, an indicator at his temper.

Mr. Steins was as firm as a block of concrete. His eyes fixed upon Richards as if he was trying mentally make him realize the weight of his presence.

“Look, I don’t care if you all came from Los Angeles or Heaven itself." Richards exclaims, looking upon the group in annoyance, but more concerned about how to get to the door behind them, "...it’s time for ME to go and for you to move!” he says, motioning to walk past them all.

Invisible to them all, Uatu watches Richard storm past the group, barge out his office and march past a sea small cubicles only lit by the flashes of lightning outside.

“YOU’VE DONE WELL HERE MISTER PARKER.”

Richards curses himself, slowing down at hearing Steins voice bellowing from his office.

Coming to a stop, Richard glances over his shoulder.

They looked like a pack of wolves, slowly strutting out his office with the calmness and confidence that only lent to them doing this many times before with other victims.

Mister Stein slowly walks over to him, watching Richard slowly turn to face him, but then back his way to the main exit door, “It would be a shame, an absolute shame if you lost all this." says Stein, his arms extended as he looks upon the dimly lit office with a false appreciate and fake grin that rivaled that of a mannequin.

Richards remains silent, still backing to the door. Mister Stein smile fades and he reaches into his jacket pocket, pulls out a lighter, flipping it open back and close over and over.

“Who’d have known that three scientists had enough skill to make it in the corporate world!" Stein continues, "PARKER, CONNERS AND OSBORN LABS! Would be a shame to see this place turned into, I dunno, a MySpace Control center, or that new thing coming up that kids are talking about it, what is it Minoru?" he ask, glancing over his shoulder.

"Facebook." she answers.

"Right!" Stein says with a snap of his finger, "Or this could be some starbuck company office. I hear they plan to open one up on every corner in..."

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?” Richard shouts, nearly baring his teeth at Stein from across the room.

Mister Stein sighs in mock exhaustion as the rest of his group all come up behind him.

“Didn’t you hear?” Mister Stein asks, motioning pasts the cubicles to the large windows that are covered in rain droplets "Your company, or LABORATORY, is being bought out by a company that I own, WELL sorry, that Ms Minoru owns.”

"Yep."

Startled, Richard Parker jolts forward towards Mr. Stein and turn around, seeing Mrs. Minoru leaning on the exit door behind him. Richard gulps at seeing her smile at him with the grin of a vicious animal knowing their prey is dead before they're dead.

Strutting away from the door, Ms Minoru sits on the edge of a desk in her coat. Her evil smile almost glowing in the darkness as her shadow stretches on the old carpet. Richard turns to Mr. Stein standing at the window, staring down from their 20th floor position as rain falls heavier and heavier from the night sky to the dark black streets.

“Be ashamed if Quest Diagnostic bought you…”

“WE OWN THIS COMPANY TOGETHER!” Richard shouts, “OSBORN, CONNER…”

“They all consented to being BOUGHT out!” Ms Minoru interjects.

Richard shock expression turns to annoyance as Mrs. Minoru flirtatiously winks at him, “Happened one hour ago Parky boy. Private party agreement and all. And with you being the minority vote and never taking my calls, WE, the Pride with Osborn and Conner's signature, own your…lil playhouse.” She says, opening her coat to expose her form fitting red dress, “Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the fun though.”

Richard Parker gulps as his face turns red with building frustration and turns to Mister Stein’s back as he continues staring out the window.

“So what now?! You bully me? Intimidate me?! How many times have I told you people I work for the GOOD of mankind and that if I wouldn’t work for Anthony Stark in the 70s for being a strict perfectionist I WON’T WORK FOR A CABAL OF PSYCHOPATHS!”

“Ooo, cabal!” Ms Minoru grins while placing her hand on her chest as Richard as if taken aback, “That was strongly said.” She teases.

Richard narrows his eyes at her and looks at the Manchas, “As scientists yourself I’m even SHOCKED you’d throw in with these pack of fools!”

“The Pride is the future.” Mr Mancha retorts, folding his arms indignantly, “And we are grooming the future.”

“You mean WARPING your kids!” Richard Parker counters, much to their dislike, “Training your kids to be killers as well as intellectuals. Splicing the human genome to merge with technology…”

“It’s cutting edge.” Mrs Mancha counters.

“IT KILLED YOUR SONS!” Richard responds, “AND YOU STILL PERSIST IN THIS MADNESS! In a group that not only condones but FEEDS into this…no…I cannot be part of anything on the level of this…madness. Manipulating politicians, crime, big business and science all for the goal of what?”

“Chaos and destruction.” Mrs Minoru interjects with a smirk as Richard turns to her, “And it’d be so much fun if you joined us.” She says, licking her red lips seductively.

Richard narrows his eyes, “If you’re the consolation prize than that would be an immediate disadvantage…” he says, making Mrs Minoru narrow her eyes at him as he turns to Mr. Stein, “…and that goes for ALL of you! I have NO INTEREST in joining or assisting The Pride!”

“Even if Mister Osborn already agreed to aid us?” the Manchas ask.

Richard stutters for a moment and looks the floor. Clenching his jaw in frustration as he tightens his fist, “Even so, I have NO interest.”

“And what of your family?” asks Mr. Stein who turns away from the window and looks over his shoulder at Richard Parker standing in front of the main door.

“What ABOUT my family?” Richard asks, “I take care of mine own!”

“And we can do more than that.” Mr. Stein smirks, “We have great power and can make GREAT opportunities that you never could dream of for your family, come true.”

“And my Father pounded into me and my brother Ben that with great power comes great responsibility.” Richard says.

“Huh, cute says.” Mrs. Minoru jokes.

“Family motto!” Richard quips as turns back to Mr. Stein, “And I have to admit you do have great power, but the Pride as a WHOLE wields it IRRESPONSIBLY. And I will not risk BOTH of my sons future because of your incompetence and outright evilness. I’d rather die in the light of truth and virtue, than live long in the shadow of evil….and you are all evil.”

Mr. Stein sneers as he turns around from the window and faces Richard Parker. Lightning competence and outright evilness. I’d rather die in the light of truth and virtue, than live long in the shadow of evil….and you are all evil.”

Mr. Stein sneers as he turns around from the window and faces Richard Parker. Lightning cracks in the night sky, illuminates the rain dripping on the window as Mister Steins shadow stretches across the floor. Richard Parker stares at Mister Stein standing across from him as the moonlight from outside cuts a silhouette around him.

“Well it is unfortunate to hear you say that.” Mr Stein says, reaching into his coat.

Richard jolts back but Mister Stein glances at him with a smirk and shakes his head, pulling out an umbrella, “I’m not going to shoot you my boy. Its raining outside, and Mister and Misses Mancha have an aversion to water.” He says, extending his hand to the door as the Manchas nod at Richard and leave the office floor to the elevators.

Richard, in a state of shock, watches them leave with Mr Stein walking past him to the wide pine doors.

“So that’s it?” Richard asks, arching his eyebrow, “Just like that? After six months of hounding me, we’re done?”

Mr. Stein, halfway out the door, turns to Richard Parker, “You fool. We are about to change the world. The machine is already started. And if you won’t join maintaining the machine, than it’ll have to eat you….”

Richard Parker watches from the corner of his eye as Mrs Minoru suddenly hops onto her feet. Slinking her shoulders back, Ms Minoru face turns from flirtatious to stone cold serious as her black coat slides off her shoulders and pools to her feet exposing her form fitted glittery red dress.

“…and eat you’re family too.” Mr. Stein says, leaving out the office.

Richard eyes open wide, “STEIN! LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE! LEAVE THEM OUT OF THIS!” he shouts, reaching out to him but Richard is suddenly thrown 20 feet across the dark office, soaring over a few desks before crashing onto another desk near the window.

“Arrrgg...” Richard groans, holding his rib. Rolling onto his back, Richard staggers onto his feet but opens his eyes in shock at Mrs. Minoru slinking towards him with her hands extended, her eyes glowing and all the desks behind her floating off the carpet.

"Oh Parksy..." Mrs Minoru sighs, "...all the FUN we coulda had together?"

“Dear lord…” Richard gawks as Mrs Minoru stands still as a golden Staff phases out of her chest and floats in front of her.

Richard Parker's stomach empties and fills all at once with dread and nausea.

“Did you know that when the universe was built, three items of power remained in order to access universal power, in order to fix space and time?” Mrs Minoru asks, grabbing hold of the staff with both hands, “Those who wield it, must wield with focus. So when I focus on throwing you out a window from the 20th floor…”

Richard’s eyes open wide as Mrs.Minoru narrows her eyes, “Guess what happens?”

TO BE CONTINUED

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

Impressive start to the series. When you talked about that you wanted to do Spider-Man and the Runaways, I wasn't expecting that you would combine all the characters together. I liked what I read and I am definitely waiting for the next chapter of this story.

One question though, are the prologue and Part 1 the very same chapter or different ones but you just posted them together?

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By silverspidey

@tdk_1997Thanks so much! I wanted to show this as a very 'shared' universe. The prologue is its own chapter, divided into three parts. To post it in one entry, would be way too long. Part two of this prologue will be posted within this thread in a couple of days.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

@silverspidey: Ah, I do understand everything better now. The whole three part story is the prologue, it makes sense, yeah. However why don't you create another thread? That way it will be easier for people to find the different chapters ot to be just taking a lool. Because in way this will, at one point, become a thread with way too many pages and people will struggle to find the chapters.

I do like this idea of a very well shared universe.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good issue. I like the subtle reference to the Raimi films with Quest technology. I like your decision to focus on Richard Parker, also using the Pride from Runaways is a very interesting decision. I like how Uatu made an appearance as well, love that guy. I’ll have to feature him at some point.

I agree with TDK. Making your issues into separate threads will make it less off putting for people trying to read your stuff.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@silverspidey: Holy $h!¥!! Are you serious? This group started like 7 seconds ago and you write a 9 book epic...impressive! Well done.

Going to have to re-read

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks so much! I'm a die hard spidey fan and have been toying with a spidey story for a long time in my personal docs. I've been tweaking it for a very long time, along with the Runaways Story that will be posted next week.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman, @tdk_1997 - Thanks for the Suggestion. Its new for me not to have the story in one large thread but it makes sense for new readers. I can do that with my 'other works' as well.

I appreciate the read and the notice to the Raimi's spiderman. I wanted to start with Richard Parker & the Pride to freshen the mythos and find new ways to do it. You guys will see this week. Prologue II is already up and by weeks end, Part III will finish it and we'll start to see Peter Parker.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13