Marvel - The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man: Arc 2: Heroes (Epilogue)

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverspidey

4AM

NYU HOSPITAL

No Caption Provided

In her soaking wet tan trench coat, Aunt May hastily goes through the automatic sliding doors of the Emergency Room area in NYU Hospital. Making her way down the white hallway and comes out to the large waiting where a sea of Blue Shirt Police Officers are being treated in their seats by multiple nurses and doctors.

“Oh dear.” Aunt May mumbles.

“Mrs Parker he’s back here!”

Aunt May turns around to see the tall blond Captain Stacy standing by a door leading into another room, “THIS WAY!” he shouts, waving her over.

Hurrying over to him, Aunt May passes through the doors and makes her way in front of Captain Stacy to a very narrow hallway but feels his hand gently pull her back by the shoulder.

“Misses Parker…” Captain Stacy sighs, standing in front of her, “…before I let you in…”

“I want to see him. I want to see Peter.”

Captain Stacy sighs and nods to her, “I know and…he’s been through a lot.”

Arching her brow at his statement, Captain Stacy can see the explanation is needed more than what he was going to imply.

Gently pulling her along to the end of the corridor, Captain Stacy points to Peter sitting on a green chair underneath a TV anchored to the wall with a window overlooking the parking lot with rain droplets on the glass to his left. Dirt and grime on his face and neck. Dried blood on his knuckles and jeans. Peter's brown hair ruffled and dirtied, he remains as still as a statue, staring at the white linoleum floor as if watching something no else can see on repeat.

Gulping, Captain Stacy looks to Aunt May covering her mouth. Concern and fear seem to overwhelm her as tears rush to her eyes.

"He hasn't said a thing since he arrived.” Captain Stacy says as Aunt May simply leans back around the corner and lowers her head into her hands as her lip trembles with raw emotion filling her throat.

“How-how did you…”,

"Doctors said some woman, an older woman got him here.” Captain Stacy interjects.

Aunt May looks up at Captain Stacy, waiting for a reply, “Do you know anyone like that, who would bring Peter to the hospital or that he would go to?”

Shaking her head, Aunt May lowers her gaze to the floor, "No.” she mumbles.

“Well even still, he had a lot of blood on him.” Stacy says to Aunt May who looks up at him, “It was his Uncle’s. The doctors tested it. He was at the scene and I guess, after his brother assaulted him, poor kid just ran to get away from it all." he says.

“When did he arrive?"

"Uh its six a.m now, so two hours ago." Captain Stacy replies, “Wherever he ran too, whatever he did, he’s a hero.”

Aunt May looks up at him in surprise as Captain Stacy nods, “He saved my daughter, Gwen you know. According to how she said it, one of the perps, aimed a gun at her and he jumped in the way, shielding her with his body. A hero.”

Aunt May nods, her face turning red as she fights back her tears, but feels Captain Stacy’s hand on her shoulder, “I’m sorry for your loss, but right now we need you, well, he does.”

Aunt May nods.

“Doctors and nurses tried to treat him but, well once he sat there; he just sat there, immovable. We couldn't move him. He seems to be in a, uh, as the doc said a semi-catatonic State. Severe trauma, so, when you see him, just…be easy."

Captain Stacy says as Aunt May turns away from him and stands at the entrance of the waiting room, seeing Peter motionless in his seat.

"Peter. Petie?" she calls, but Peter keeps his gaze to the floor, taking in deep breathes.

Aunt May approaches Peter and slowly kneels down and looks at Peter’s dirtied face and eyes red full of tears.

“Oh Peter." she says softly, gently putting her hand to his face.

Instantly, Peter's eyes lock with Aunt May's as tears rush to her eyes, “Hey.” She smiles.

"I couldn't save him." Peter says as Aunt May nods, "I COULDN'T SAVE HIM!!!!!" he cries as dives into Aunt May arms as she hugs him tightly.

“Ssshh sssh…its okay Peter.” She says as he sobs heavily in her arms, “Everything’s gonna be okay.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile…Police Precinct 87

~*~*~*~**~*~*~

No Caption Provided

Seated at a grey table inside a small grey room with his hands cuffed to the center bar running across the table, Cletus Kassidy watches the portly Detective stand up from the table and walk out the room with a pad in his hand.

Letting out a sigh, Cletus smiles to himself, leaning his head back to the overhead florescent lights with his eyes close, he smiles at the passing thought of getting out the room and killing Peter Parker slowly and killing off each of his family members, one by one, starting with his betraying brother, Eddie Brock Parker.

However, at that moment, Cletus hears the door opens and shut.

“What now you want another detail?” Cletus exclaims, opening his eyes as he lets out a yawn, but jolts in his seat, startled at the sight of Madame Web standing against the door, and closing it, then breaking off the key in the lock!

Gulping, Cletus looks at Madame Web’s cloudy blue eyes narrow at him as she slowly stalks across the room to him, "Well isn't it Super Old Woman."

"And isn't it the murdering psychopath.” Madame Web snarls.

Cletus narrows his eyes at her, “Hey, who said I'm a psycho?” he grins.

“You killed the boy's Uncle, threatened to come after him when you break out." Madame Web sighs.

Cletus shrugs, "You expect me to keep track of every lil thing I say?" he says slyly.

Madame Web rolls her tongue in her mouth, weighing her options, "No, and that's the problem." she sighs, pulling out a gun from her pocket, "There's no reasoning with animals like you."

Cletus bares his teeth as Madame Web sits on the table, "You think you can scare me, you think you intimidate me! ME!!!" he yells, "I know you hero types, you..:"

"I'm no hero Kletus!" interrupts Madame Web, "I'm a realist, like you and you're pissed - schooled by a boy and embarrassed. And as soon you slither your way out and escape, you'll go right after Peter, I can see it as clear as day." she predicts, "Now me, I'm a failed hero, which grants me a lot of liberties." she says, cocking the gun.

Cletus gulps and starts pulling back and look to the door.

"HEY HEY! I NEED HELP!" he shouts pulling at his chains.

"I failed Peter's father once..." Madame Web says, aiming the gun at his face, "...but I will not fail that boy.”

“HAAAAAALP!

The deafening sound of the gun fills the room and echoes down the hallway. Almost immediately Madame Web can hear the commotion in the Precinct as everyone rushes for the interrogation room and starts banging away at the doors.

Holding the smoking gun in her hand, Madame Web sighs, tossing the gun, "Destiny, is not written." she says before leaping up into the vent as the door is kicked in and flooded with police officers calling for the Paramedics.

End of Arc.

Next Story: ARC III - Spider-Man

Iron_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Iron_Tiger  Online
silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron_tiger: thanks so much. I really am trying to do justice to this mythos.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Running WAY behind in my readings @silverspidey hopefully next weekend when I'm away for the weekend I'll catch all the way up. Sorry for being slack

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: no worries. I won’t be posting any more Spider-Man for a couple of weeks just so I can work on Runaways so you’ll have time to catch up.