Marvel - The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man: Arc 1:Everything is Connected Pt. 1

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverspidey

No Caption Provided

Marvel - The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man - ARC 1, PART 1

ONE WEEK AGO….60th floor- Conference Room.

No Caption Provided

The older man known as Mister Pickens sits in his leather chair, hunched over his coffee as he sits at the long black conference desk in the luxurious office at OSCORP. His aged eyes narrow at the smug man slicking back his red-hair. He was decked in his double breasted black suit and sat at the head of the 10 chair table with the rest of the Board Members in front of him as a giant painting of himself hung on the wall behind him.

“NOW WHAT IS THIS ABOUT OSBORN!” Mister Pickens snaps, “YOU CALLED THIS MEETING Now what is this all about!”

“It’s about you. All of you really. See, you’re all going to die one day. Die with all your money, twenty something busty maids taking care of you and acid like liquor in your shelves and there’s not one thing you can do about it…”

“As you have CLEALRY CAN’T WAIT FOR …”

“Oh I can…” Osborn smirks, leaning forward, “…but Gentlemen the point is that resources like Chocolate or Gasoline and Life itself all run out….”

“What are you saying Osborn?” Mr Cohen asks.

“I’m saying…” Osborn says, pulling out a vile of green liquid from his jacket pocket, “…that like Hemoglobin in the blood that carries oxygen, I cracked a formula which instead of carrying oxygen, carries Stem Cells to entire blood, which revamps the body itse….”

“OSBORN WHAT KIND OF STUPIDITY IS…”

‘ITS NOT STUPID!” Osborn hollers across the desk, “IT’s the ability to make ourselves not just young but stronger, smarter, faster…to heal quicker….to be super men.”

Everyone looks at Osborn glaring at them like Hawk glares at a mouse.

“It’s an investment…” Osborn hisses, narrowing his eyes at everyone, “…which should be approved for animal testing and marketed to the government as a new type of Super-Soldier serum.”

“What is it called?” Mr Cohen asks.

Osborn smirks, swiveling his chair back to everyone and stares out the window to the view the epic picturesque view of Manhattan’s cityscape. With sunlight gleaming on his face, Osborn looks down at the people walking to and fro like tiny ants.

“Its called Globulin.” Osborn answers and looks over his shoulder, “And it’s going to change the world.”

1 Hour Later

Hearing the last of the footsteps leave the room, Norman Osborn exits the massive conference via side door close to window. Entering into his rather large office, two of the walls being windows, Norman sees to his right on his leather couch, the blond hair doctor Curt Conners waiting for him.

“Having one of my top scientists killing time with the boss isn’t a good image Curt.” Norman says coldly.

Curt smiles at him from the seat, “Ah the meeting was that good huh?”

Osborn walks over to his desk and pulls out from his bottom draw and bottle of Jack Daniels that he slams on the desk.

“Haven’t seen you have that in a while.” Curt comments, watching Osborn silently pour himself a glass of liquor, drop two ice cubes in it and quietly walk to the window. Loosening his tie, Norman Osborn turns his back to Curt Conners and stares at the skyscrapers as the clock turns to 12 o’Clock.

“They’re difficult yeah Norm…” Curt reasons, trying to find the right words. He never was good with words he thought.

“…but we’ll still be able to get stuff done for the general public. We’re still cutting edge Norm. And you know what..”

“Sometimes I wish they were all dead.”

Curt’s head snaps up to Norman’s back lift and slowly lower as he sighs, “There all money loving, grumbling old men concerned about their pockets and their pleasures. Not about science, not about progress…”

“You’re right Norman.” Curt agrees, awkwardly standing up, “But you know, you’re upset. Wishing them dead…”

Turning around, Norman points to Curt while holding his drink that slight spills from the glass, “YOU remember when we BOUGHT this building? 1991, Summer, it was a Wednesday. You, Me and Richard Parker. All of us back then? Driven, instinctive, pure-hearted and…”

“Broke.” Conners says, placing his hand on Osborn’s shoulder, “We barely survived our first year as a business, but you pulled us through. I dunno how but you did.”

“AH!” Norman shrugs, gulping down his liquor as he moves away from Curt, “I did what I had to. Shook a lot of hands. Made a lot of promises and now Oscorp is the fifth richest Lab in New York…”

“…AND THEIR ON THE BOARD HOLDING US BACK FRO M THE FUTURE!” Osborn shouts, holding out the green vile of Globulin.

Curt looks at the vile and then at Norman, “We won some and we’ve lose some Norm, but that doesn’t mean we can’t try again later.”

“yeah…” Norman agrees before throwing back the last of the burning liquid to the back of his throat and tosses the crystal glass into the trash bin and returns his gaze to Curt, “…but later doesn’t work for me.” He says, fixing his tie.

“You can’t fight congress Norm” Curt states.

“NO YOU CAN’T!” Norman spits, staring his computer while it boots up and the monitor glows in his sweated face, “You can find worlds inside a microscope Curt, but I can fight for what I want and what I think is better. Always have. More Cunning. Determined. Willing to fight with BOTH hands in ways….”

Norman pauses, seeing Curt’s folded left arm sleeve and lets out a deep sigh before regrettably rubbing his sweated head.

“I-I….” Norman stutters, looking up to Curt, “I apologize I shouldn’t have said that. Any of it.”

Curt shakes his head and walks to Norman Osborn behind his desk and extends his right hand.

Osborn shakes his hand.

“We’ve been through enough for me to see you when you’re drinking…” Curt says and leans towards him, “…you’re a lousy drinker.”

Norman smirks and nods, playfully shoving him away, “Well don’t exclude yourself from that statement DOCTOR Conners or I’ll have to tell your wife your frat boy days.”

Curt smiles, “Whatever you say Boss, now before I forget, I did have something to let you know. You ready to hear it or you want me to wait?”

Norman adjusts his tie and leans back in his chair, “Can’t be worse than the fight I went through with the Board.”

Curt nods, “Okay, well it’s simple really. You mentioned the other week; we need to REVAMP the company image. So I had an idea, let’s do something charitable.”

“Charity costs money Curt.” Osborn quips, cutting Curt Conners a look, “I’d rather something labor related.”

“Okay, which leads me to my second idea, churn up some interns.” Curt exclaims, “Get the communities involved. For example, Queens is diverse, we could pick young and diverse students from specific Public Schools that have toured our labs over the past school year, narrow down some top genius kids and make them ‘Summer Interns’, what do you think?”

“Cohen is gonna want to know about this.” Osborn states, “And all those board members, HIM included are not satisfied with me.”

“Well Norm…” Curt smirks, “…a bunch of summer intern kids are worth fighting over. Do what you gotta do.”

Norman stares at Curt for a moment as if a light bulb went off in his mind. Turning to his computer, Norman stares at the Globulin serum and looks back at Curt.

“Here.”

Curt steps back, seeing Norman handing him the Globulin serum.

“You want me to take it?” Curt asks, “Did the board…”

‘I don’t CARE what the Board says I’m going to make them come around.” Norman says, returning his gaze to his computer “Just…hold it, use it as a research tool for the interns. Find…gaps that make it a liability.” He says, waving Curt to go.

Curt raises his eyebrow as Norman reads something on his monitor.

“Norman…”

“Just do it Curt. For me.” Norman asks.

Curt rolls his eyes, “Well don’t look like that because then I feel awkward. I’ll…do what I a can.”

“Good. Now let me be, I gotta make some calls.”

Curt nods, “Okay well…” he says looking at the green formula in the vile and at Norman once more, “You sure it’s okay?”

The phone already by his ear, Osborn nods at Curt, waving him out the door, “Yeah yeah, its fine, I gotta do this.”

Watching Conners leave out the door as it closes behind him, Osborn puts his desk phone down and pulls out a black cell phone from under his desk. Looking at the picture frame on the wall of the Board Members, Osborn narrows his eyes and clenches his jaw.

“We'll do what we have do.”

Marvel - The Beginning: The Amazing Spider-Man

ARC: DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

PART 1 (LAST TRIP OF THE SUMMER)

5 Days Later...

P.S. 33 Queens Lincoln High School

No Caption Provided

“So how do you feel today Mister Parker?” asks the blond hair school counselor. Sitting on her green leather chair in the dimly lit room, she looks at Eddie wearing his green athletic jacket with the letter ‘L’ stitched onto the sleeve.

“Please don’t call me that. Eddie. Everyone calls me Eddie. What are you like, FRESH out of med school or something?” he asks.

“No. I’ve been at this for a while, Eddie. Before we start, being your new counselor I think its only right to talk to you about…well…your previous Counselor, Mister Cohen was very close with you, is that true?”

“Nice ring, married?” Eddie asks.

“No, no.” he smiles, “It’s just a stone I like. Moonstone. So, how about that question? Were you close with Docto…”

“What do you mean, close?”

“Well he was your counselor for six years, I would assume…”

“You shouldn’t assume. I hate assumptions.”

“Fair enough.” The young doctor says, fixing her white skirt as she cross her legs and pins back her blond hair. Her attentive face remaining locked to Eddie who sits in the overstuffed couch, staring back at her like an animal. Letting out a deep breath, the young female doctor adjusts her glasses and sits back and smiles at Eddie as the awkward silence fills the room.

“Fine. We were close. Happy?” Eddie admits

“Are you, happy?”

“What the heck kinda question is that? What’s with you?”

“You CAN answer no.”

“You know Doctor Cohen wasn’t like this! He would talk to me like a person. A REAL person. Not some lab-rat in a tank or some broken girl on a couch that you question to death by a Victoria Secret Model. You know you’re too pretty to be doing this, let alone here!!”

“You know without the venomous tone, that could be compliment. And Besides you are none of those things.” The doctor says.

“You sure?! You seem to be looking at me like I have a problem?”

“How about you tell me what Doctor Cohen would do?” the doctor asks, gently taking off her glasses and placing them on her lap while pursing her pink lip-sticked lips.

“Why bother. You’re not him. You’ll NEVER be him and in the end of it, you’re just a replacement!”

“So you hate replacements, interesting. Tell me Eddie, how do you feel about your Aunt and Uncle?” she asks with a raised eyebrow.

Eddie face reddens and clenches his jaw, “HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF HATING THEM!”

“I never said ‘you hated them’ only asked you, how you felt.”

“IT’S THE SAME THING!”

“So you if you lost your iPhone and got another iPhone….it would be a hated phone?” she asks.

“Depends.” Eddie retorts.

“How?”

“On who caused the phone to break and be replaced! It determines if its hated or not.” Eddie says, ruffling his blond hair.

“Really? Interesting, can you explain it.”

Rolling his green eyes, Eddie runs his hands through his thick hair before looking at the doctor tiredly, “Look, if I break my phone and I need a replacement, I’m NOT gonna like it cause it’s not my original but it’s my fault so I’ll deal with it, you get me? But now if someone else broke my phone, than yeah, I’m gonna be pissed! I’m gonna hate it, but what I’m gonna HATE MORE is the person who BROKE my phone in the first place because if it wasn’t for him, they’d still be alive…I mean fixed.”

The doctor folds hers arms, trying to resist the smirk she contains from appearing on her face, “Are we talking about phones now Eddie?”

Standing up from his seat, Eddie stands up, stuffing his hands in his pocket, “I dunno, you’re the doc.”

“We still have fifteen…”

“We done Doctor…” Eddie says, but pauses before he reaches for the doorknob, “…uh…what was your name?”

“Karla, Karla Sofen." she replies. "Enjoy class Eddie, remember, summer is a day away and after that and some summer school...but you're home free. Til then, make your days in High School…”

Eddie looks at her over his shoulder as Karla stands up, taller than him by a few inches in her black high heels.

“…easy as possible." she says, "All wounds, old and new, take time to heal. In the meanwhile, just try to find a way to vent your frustrations in a more, constructive way.” she finishes.

Eddie looks out the door to the hallway and smirks, “Constructive....i can do that."

to be continued....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

@silverspidey: I freaking loved this beginning of the second arc. I really like your interpretation of the Spider-Man universe, of his supporting characters and also, gotta love that Easter Egg of Moonstone. Keep it up!

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By silverspidey

Thanks a lot TDK, i really am trying to funnel the best elements of Spider-man and keep a few people on their toes too. Thanks for reading!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@silverspidey: Moonstone is the counsellor! That's cool

“As you have CLEALRYCAN’T WAIT FOR …” I think you mean clearly

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Re-read

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 222

Re-titled it, eh? ;)

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah had to, i wrote the story in a particular way to reflect the title and forgot after posting. my bad.