Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By TDK_1997
No Caption Provided

PREVIOUSLY --- Chapter 1

Drax was sleeping on board of the ship with which he was freed from the Kree prison. On board with him were his companions, those who freed him known as Peter Quill( the Terran), Rocket who was the raccoon that talked like an alcoholic and Groot, the tree-like creature that remained silent. Drax was the only one who was asleep at this moment. He was having the most common dream, one that was plaguing his mind for a long time now.

The dream which was making him uneasy in his sleep was the reimagining of the slaughter of his family, the massacre that he saw with his bare eyes. His whole village was raided by an army of hideous creatures, one which he would get to know later as the Outriders. The dreams, however, was in more detail than usual. He wasn’t just witnessing the death of his wife and son as usual, but he was seeing each death that happened that day. Innocents slaughtered like pigs, pain was coursing through his body as he was sweating heavily in real life. The pain of each of the murdered, pain that was driving him insane and he was jumping all over the bed in the ship.

As his body was becoming more uneasy, Rocket turned his head around to tell someone to take a look at Drax – “Would someone please give a look at why he’s jumping like crazy back there? It’s driving me insane.”

“Yeah, yeah, I was just about to.” Peter was the one who responded first and approached Drax, who at the time when Peter touched his shoulder, he jumped with rage and drawing out his two small blades out.

“NOOOOOOOO!” the scream of Drax was loud, scary and sending a message. The scream made Peter Quill jump back as he drew out his gun and pointed it at Drax.

“Easyy, buddy. Easy there. No need for violence.” His voice was calming.

“I am Groot.” Groot said as well.

Drax was breathing heavily as he was holding the blades up high and combat ready. His hands were shaking and he continued to sweat “What’s going on? Where am I?” The dream, the nightmare that he was having had taken him out of reality.

“We are on our ship buddy and you were just having a nap. There’s no one to stab, slice and dice or whatever you were about to do to them. Put them down.” Quill was waiting for Drax to put down his weapons first and when he finally did it, he put his gun down as well.

“I am sorry, Quill. Didn’t mean to harm you, not this time at least, haha.” Drax’s laugh was something which made Peter Quill cringe. Unusual for such a big guy who is always so stern to laugh like that.

“Hahaha, yeah, this time.” Quill faked his amusement in order to not make Drax feel bad about his joke.

“Uhhh, fellas, I don’t mean to interrupt you back there, but I think we will have a small delay on our search for Gamora.” Rocket pointed it out as he was observing the Kree patrol squad lining up in front of their ship.

A few Kreep ships had cut their path up front and Mar-Vell was standing at the central place up front “This is Mar-Vell, captain of the Kree militia speaking. I advise you to stop that ship dead in its track and surrender!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a far outreach of space a spaceship was losing speed as it was approaching a bigger one. The mothership, as it seemed, was opening a small hatch at its bottom as the smaller ship was getting inside. The inside of the place from which the ship entered was a hangar. There were another few ships which were just parked around. As the spaceship finally turned off its engine its doors opened and its passengers came out – Nebula and Gamora.

The two women exited the hangar and went straight to the main hall of the ship. As they entered Nebula kneeled to the person sitting in the large chair in front of them, while Gamora remained on her feet and sighed.

“Report, my children.” The mysterious man spoke with a deep voice.

“Yes, father.” Replied Nebula as she remained on her knees with a bent head “We retrieved the desired object from Knowhere, but---“ Nebula was interrupted by Gamora.

“It was Drax. He found us somehow and he chased us through the scenery. He wasn’t the only one who was there.” Gamora stopped waiting for a further question from the man.

As Gamora interrupted Nebula, Nebula jumped on her feet grabbing Gamora by the throat and picking her up in the air. “How dare you?”

“Put her down, Nebula. Put her down or I will punish you once more.” The man said with an unchanging tone.

Nebula listened to the request and put down Gamora. After which she grabbed herself by one side of her head, the area of her eye as she was remembering how the man took her eye last time she made him unhappy.

“Who was there?” The man asked.

“Mar-Vell of the Kree militia. He almost managed to capture us. However, we escaped and he caught Drax only.” Gamora replied as she was still touching her throat because of the attack against her from earlier.

The mysterious man sitting in the shadows turned around his chair “Is that so?” By saying this line the man just smiled with a cunning smile revealing his very white teeth which were the only visible things from his looks due to the shadowy area where he sat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The spaceship which was carrying Drax and his companions was being chased by the several Kree militia spaceships which were led by Mar-Vell. Mar-Vell was still attempting to reason with the runners by proposing a peaceful surrender from their part, however, they were not listening.

The Kree ships were firing energy beams which were passing around the ship of the men. Rocket was an incredible pilot due to his many years of experience behind the wheel.

“Hahaaa, those suckers can’t touch us. They need to do far more if they want to put us down.” Rocket was bragging while flying the spaceship.

“Don’t get too cocky, Rocket. They might surprise you with something.” Quill was trying to reason Rocket.

Drax and Quill both stood up from their seats at the back and went nearer to the front where Rocket was. Drax leaned over the two front seats as he was looking ahead at their path.

“Land there, Rocket.” Drax said.

“Land there? What do you mean land there? I thought we were trying to escape from the Kree, not surrender to them.” Rocket was surprised and angry with Drax’s decision and he wasn’t the only one.

“Drax, there’s too many of them. If you think we might be able to put them down, you are wrong.” Quill was trying now to reason with Drax. “The Kree are a powerful race. We are no pushovers but I think we are getting in deep water here.” Peter Quill’s concern was genuine.

“I see no water in front of us, Quill. I see only a moon.” Drax replied in an amusing way as he clearly didn’t understand the Earth phrase which Quill used.

Peter Quill and Rocket looked at each other as they were both confused by what Drax said. Rocket, however, looked at the moon ahead of them and sighed – “Alright, might as well listen to the brute here. If we get captured at least we know who will be out of our small group.”

As Rocket changed the course of the ship towards the moon, he also turned on the giant speaker of the spaceship and Drax’s voice could be heard:

“Mar-Vell, we will surrender on only one occasion – as we land and we come out, the only one who will come to us will be you.”

Mar-Vell was baffled. He looked at his men after that to Drax’s ship and again to his men. He wasn’t sure of what will be the right decision, but he decided that after they had agreed willingly to surrender, he might as well agree to their request. In order for him to send out his agreement to the request he put his right hand with a thumb pointing out as a sign saying “Okay”.

After Rocket landed their ship and the men had come out Mar-Vell landed at a safe distance from them. The men had lined up all in one line. Peter Quill was the only one wearing a protective mask due to the conditions of space – the lack of oxygen. While Rocket was armed heavily as he was about to go to war.

Mar-Vell’s landing was swift, silent. He was wearing his Kree militia uniform which was a white and green costume with a bright yellow star on his chest. The uniform also had a mask which was covering all of his head apart from his mouth area and his hair.

No Caption Provided

“I am glad you listened to me. There was no need for violence and casualties. I just want you to take responsibilities about your crimes on Knowhere.” Mar-Vell said.

Drax came out of the line in which he was, going nearer to Mar-Vell. “For my crimes? What about the crimes of those two broads? What about the crimes of their employer? Is their doing not wrong as well?” Drax asked.

“I swear, once we get their trace, once we find them – I will personally make them pay. You have my word, Drax.” Mar-Vell replied.

“I don’t want your word. I want to be the one serving justice.” Drax said.

“What you have in store for them is not justice. That is vengeance.” Mar-Vell said.

“Then let it be vengeance. They need to pay for their crimes.” Drax bent his head and sighed. “I guess were are not on the same page, Mar-Vell. I guess---“

Drax’s words were interrupted by a booming sound. The sound was made by the sudden appearance of the gigantic ship on which Gamora and Nebula were, the ship of their employer. The ship’s size was that of the moon on which Drax , Mar-Vell and the rest were currently. The Kree militia looked like ants compared to the size of this incredible machine.

“Who dares---“ As Mar-Vell said those words, without finishing his sentence, the large ship fired multiple beams from different areas of its surface wiping out completely the Kree militia. The destruction of the Kree ships was fast and very bright because of the multiple explosions.

Mar-Vell looked with horror at the hostile spaceship and was able to utter only one word

“No…” Mar-Vell said with fear of what would come next.

To be continued...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayksaginowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tdk_1997: Great read! Can't wait to see how Nebula's rivalry with Gamora unfolds and loved Mar-Vell's dialogue with Drax. Looking forward to #3!!!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayksaginowski: Glad you enjoyed it! There's many great things to come, many great rivalries which will be built!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997: Minor typo line two (Rockerwho was the raccoon that talked like an alcoholic) should be Rocket.

Good second chapter. Quill at times sounds more like Rocket would, but overall this is good. Mar-Vell is great. Keep it up

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Cheers for that, I fixed it.

I am trying to find a new voice for Peter, one a bit different than the comedian we are used to seeing in the movies. However, I hope with time I will be able to establish a clear voice for each character.

Glad, both of you are enjoying Mar-Vell that much!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good stuff. You’re doing a good job of having the different characters personalities bounce off one another. Mar-Vell seems cool and I wonder who the mysterious figure in the chair could be. Hmm.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Thank you, buddy!

All will be revealed next issue. muahahah

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're doing an excellent job of managing these characters, it isn't easy but once the voices of each character stick in your head, like Quill's, then it'll be even easier. But great job regardless.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverspidey: Yeah, before I started the GotG series I thought it would be easier managing between these characters, but thanks for the kind words. It's really important for me you guys to express your opinion if I am doing a good job of managing around so many characters.

As for Peter, I am drawing inspiration from Peter Quill before the GotG movies and before Bendis changed him into the funnier light-hearted character he is today. Mine will be more like the Annihilation and onwards version of him.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers