Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Guardians Part 1 - Drax the Destroyer

Knowhere

Knowhere was a peaceful place until some years ago. The environment on the planet changed drastically. From a peaceful planet it became a gathering station for the worst criminals known in the galaxy. Space pirates, world conquerors, galactic serial killers and others were some of the characters that could be seen at Knowhere and at the many mission hubs.

The scenery at the small floating planet was incredibly dark, dirty and gritty, a horrible place to look at or to live at. On one of the crowded streets of Knowhere after midnight a chase scene was taking place. A swift green-skinned woman wearing a poncho like cloth, with two swords which were placed on her back, was running from a large muscular man with green-gray skin with burn marks on his body. The man was incredibly fast for his build, he was almost nearing the woman and he drew out two small blades from his pouches, which were located a bit above the knees on the side.

“Gamoraaaa! You scum, stop where you are or your fate will be far worse than what I have already planned for you!” The man’s voice was growling, deep and threatening. However, the woman did not stop. She continued running and was jumping over an obstacle which was in front of her. As she was jumping over the obstacle, the man stopped in his tracks and threw the blade in his right hand at the woman. He hit her with the blade on her right shoulder blade which made her lose balance and fall on the floor. Her body hit the floor hard and in order to protect herself from the fall she tried to roll over in order to injure only one part of her body.

“Damn it!” She cursed as she hit the ground. Her first reaction after that was to get up and continue her run, but as she stood up, the man chasing her had already caught up. Gamora tried to get her sword out of her sheath, but as she tried to put her hand on the sword the man grabbed her by the throat and picked her up in the air.

“I told you to stop but you didn’t listen. I guess I have to do same thing that I have planned for your employer.” He raised his blade in attempt to cut her throat when a bullet hit his shoulder and sent him flying to the ground. “Arrrrgjhhhh!” the only sound the man made as he went flying.

Gamora fell on the ground as the man holding her dropped her and she hit her bottom. She quickly stood up and looked left, the position from which the bullet came from. A woman with blue skin, hairless and many mechanical parts on her body was situated on one of the rooftops of another devastated building. She was holding some type on advanced technological shotgun or something which looked like it. The woman’s face didn’t change, it was emotionless with a small notion of hatred which she was expressing, unknown if it was towards the man or Gamora.

“You are welcome.” The blue woman said to Gamora.

“I had him, Nebula.” Gamora replied to the blue woman.

Gamora unsheathed her sword and started walking slowly towards the man on the ground. He hadn’t moved since he was hit with the bullet. Gamora was approaching him cautiously as she was unsure of his condition. As she got closer to him, a meter tops, away from him, the man moved with incredible speed. He moved his leg towards Gamora’s legs. This movement of his made her lose balance and she fell on the ground. He then rose up and jumped on top of her, holding her down with one hand to the throat and with the other he threw his blade towards Nebula. Nebula managed to catch the blade but did not make an attempt to strike back or to move away from the rooftop on which she was situated. The man was not interested of her and started choking Gamora who was trying to get free from his grip.

“You will die along with that blue mean b***h!” said the man as he continued to choke her.

Gamora started to lose consciousness when Drax was hit by a blast which came out of the blue. He was sent flying backwards and he hit a wall which was at least 15 meters away from where he was. Gamora’s eyes started opening up when she saw a male figure approaching from the sky. He sent a blast from his hands towards Nebula as well and managed to hit her also.

“Stand down! I am sent here on behalf of the Kree Empire and the three of you are under arrest! So speaks Captain Mar-Vell of the Kree militia!” said the man as he landed next to Gamora.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hala

The Kree prison which was located on their capital planet Hala was well know across the cosmos. Some of the galaxy’s fiercest criminals were being held there. The security of the prison was ona very high level, such a high level that not a single soul had escaped from it. Or so history and tales said.

The Kree prison was now home for the captured grey/green skinned man. The man known as Drax who was hunting down Gamora and Nebula, two of the most dangerous galactic assassins. Drax’s main goal was now near impossible because of his capture by Captain Mar-Vell, the Kree Empire’s captain, a man with a big reputation throughout the galaxy.

The capture of Drax had happened almost a week ago but the man was still not questioned. The interest of Mar-Vell was high. He wanted to question the dangerous man alone, to learn about his drive and bloodlust. Gamora and Nebula had been on the Kree’s radar for a long time, but their incredible swift skills always had helped them to escape from the Kree’s militia. Gamora was the one responsible for the death of the Supreme Intelligence two years ago. Since the Intelligence’s assassination the Kree Empire changed drastically. Their methods far different than their previous ones. Battles for the possession of near worlds were lost and new leaders were appointed. Mar-Vell had become the ruling leader of Hala and each planet in their empire had a different ruler.

These thoughts were some of the ones which were occupying Mar-Vell’s mind as he was approaching Drax’s cell. Thoughts of failure, not living up to the desired level of leadership from himself. Mar-Vell was a man of medium height, a light blonde hair, blue eyes and a very big smile. A smile which was nowhere to be seen at this moment. He was a cell away from Drax when he stopped. He was unsure of how to approach the prisoner. Was he supposed to act like a tough cop or maybe just ask him as it is, keep it real. “*SIGH*” his sigh was loud and after it he continued.

As he neared the cell of Drax entirely, he looked inside of it and saw Drax lying on the bed. The man was extremely calm compared to the time of his capture.

“Drax, would you care to join me? It’s time for me to question you.” Mar-Vell’s voice was calm and pleasing.

Drax stood up from his bed, put on a neon-yellow shirt, which was the clothing which a prisoner on Hala had to wear, and went next to the end of his cell and said “Don’t you think you should open the cell first?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The interrogation room was a regular one. Nothing different than an Earth one. A table, a light over it and two chairs on the two sides of the table. Drax and Mar-Vell had each taken a seat on one of the chairs. Drax was leaning back on his, while Mar-Vell had rested his elbows on the table. Mar-Vell was not wearing his Kree militia uniform and was dressed rather normally for a change.

“I will be direct – why were you after Gamora?” Mar-Vell’s question was plain and simple. It was demanding.

“I have been following Gamora for a while. Her employer is an unknown entity for me, but one who definitely holds information of a different person I am seeking.” Drax was rather talkative. Something which was a very odd thing for his character.

Mar-Vell looked directly into Drax’s eyes, leaned forward on the table and asked with a silent tone “How did you track her, Drax?”

Drax’s face changed suddenly. The resting face he had turned into a menacing smile. He grabbed his belly and started laughing loudly “How? Even I don’t know, but I was there, breathing down her neck.” Drax made a brief pause and leaned forward as well “What is it with you and her? She is an intergalactic serial killer but I sense something more between you. Love? Revenge? What is it?”

Mar-Vell’s face changed. He raised his hands and hit the table with force, cracking it. The table was made from marble and if Mar-Vell wanted to break it, he would have done it with little to no effort. “Love? To that monster I feel nothing but hate. And yes, it is revenge. She is one of the responsible for the failure of the Kree Empire as everyone knows it.” He then got up from his chair and started walking around the room. “You are a criminal which is wanted by many in the galaxy, but I am willing to close my eyes for your behavior on Knowhere if you cooperate.”

“Cooperate?” Drax was surprised. “You lost her?”

Mar-Vell lowered his head “She escaped. When I knocked you out, she and Nebula managed to escape.” By saying these words, it was easy to notice Mar-Vell’s own disappointment.

Drax jumped out of his chair and hit the table. He was filled with anger “You let her escape?! I thought you were the strongest race in the known universe! The best militia in the universe and she escaped….pffft, idiots.”

Mar-Vell dashed quickly, taking the distance between him and Drax away within a second “Don’t you forget that you are still my prisoner, Drax.” The two of them were looking each other eye to eye, mere centimeters were the only distance between them.

Drax smiled “Not for long.”

As Drax managed to say those words a buzzing started to be heard from the outside of the walls of the interrogation room. Mar-Vell tried to listen closely in order to identify what was making the noise. When he concentrated on the sound it changed to a beeping and when he finally found out what was making the noise it was too late. The bomb went off. Taking out the outer wall of the room and sending both men, who were inside, flying a few meters away.

From the outside a spaceship was floating with an open door and three men were located centrally at where the door would normally be. A large tree-like creature, an earthling with a metal mask which was covering his face and clothes which made him look like a space pirate and a tiny furry creature which looked like a raccoon from Earth. All of them had weapons which were loaded in their hands.

The raccoon started talking with a voice of a person who one might identify as an alcoholic “Come on, Drax. It’s time to get out of here.”

TO BE CONTINUED....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Good issue. You did a good job establishing the characters, particularly Drax and Gamora. The dialogue felt a little wonky every now and then but nothing you can’t fix with a do over. ;)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Thanks, mate! I am glad you enjoyed the characters so far and I will try to do a better job next time with the dialogue.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Agreed, you definitely established your characters! Glad to see that. Just tune up the dialogue a bit.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverspidey: Cheers, mate. Will try to do better with the dialogue of next issue.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers