Marvel SHOCK: Blue Barrier Chapter 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Marvel SHOCK has grown out of my ashes of the Marvel Mayhem Universe (which was a very fine place to write) and become an inspiration for my own personal pocket of Marvel, mainly dealing with the human element often missing in superhero stories. Blue Barrier is about the men and women of law enforcement in a Marvel Universe.

All characters and places are owned by Marvel though the story & direction are mine.

Continued from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-shock-blue-barrier-chapter-1-1552963/#6

No Caption Provided

New York City Police Department: 6th Precinct

Detective Howard Snipes stood out the front of the building. It’d been eight long weeks, actually now entering nine, since he’d been back at work which was the longest break he’d had from the place in over seven years. He desperately wanted a cigarette even though he hadn’t smoked since his teens.

“Welcome back Sniper.”

Howard snapped out of his daze to see his friend Harry Thomas* standing there with two coffees. Harry went through the academy with Howard and was happy being a beat cop. No ambition to climb the ladder just wanted to be on the street where the action was.

No Caption Provided

“Thanks Harry.”

The uniformed officer handed over a foam cup “How’s Ellie?”

Snipes shrugged and sipped his coffee. Harry patted him on the shoulder and headed inside. “You coming?”

Snipes sighed and slowly trudged in like a man heading towards the gas chamber.

“This is the true story…of eight strangers…eight mutants…picked to live together and have their whole lives taped…to find out what happens…when mutants stop being polite…and get real…Mutie World!”

Magneto’s jaw dropped as he watched the opening of the show from his cell. He tried to comprehend how or why these…children would prostitute themselves, degrade themselves for so-called entertainment.

No Caption Provided

“El Aguila! Glob Herman! D-Boy! Debrii! Rockslide! Gorilla Girl! Butterball! Scanner!”

The master of magnetism sat quietly on a wooden stool, his eyes red and sleep deprived as he watched the car crash that was the show. He focused on the screen trying not to explode in rage as the collar added mood stabilizers into his system to keep him placid.

“Whazzup fools!” yelled D-Boy as he wandered into the Mutie World kitchen wearing only a gold sequined thong.

“Put some damn clothes on D-Boy!” growled Rockslide as he looked up from his gaming tablet.

Butterball shook his head and went back to eating his cereal as Glob wobbled eagerly over to D-Boy. “Did you really tell, well y’know?”

D-Boy pointed to his butt cheek. “I tolds magnet head what I told baldy wheelchair, kiss it!”

No Caption Provided

Glob stood there mouth agape “No. Way!”

“I even tells that mono-eyed mofo if I has too!” D-Boy threw up an array of hand signals.

“How about you put some clothes on your scrawny Smurf body,” growled Gorilla Girl over his shoulder. “Before I change my normally vegetarian diet into something more omnivorous.”

“Step off banana breath!” yelled D-Boy waving his arms “Or I’ll gets me a rug, for realz!”

Gorilla Girl shook her head as she shoulder bumped him as she lumbered into the kitchen. D-Boy dramatically flipped over the table coating Butterball in his breakfast. Everyone stared at him before he threw his hands up and stormed off, Glob quickly following in behind him like a puppy. El Aguila emerged from the kitchen holding a long skewer loaded with bagels when the screen tore as the wooden chair went through it and splintered into pieces against the side of the cage. Magneto shook with rage as the alarms sounded and the lights flashed red as the SHIELD run facility exploded into action. Though kept in a plastic and wood cage like some sort of bird, full of more chemicals than a professional cyclist; he was still a world class threat. And now he was angry.

“Back away from the wall please, Mr Lehnsherr.” said the stern electronic voice as a team of hazmat clad officers surrounded his clear plastic box.

“My name…is Magneto.” He slurred angrily, saliva running from his lips, hands clenched into tight fists. The hazmat team moved into position around the glass cage.

Snipes looked at his desk and rolled his eyes. Standing there was a cardboard cut-out of his son. “Oh thank you very much.”

No Caption Provided

“Welcome back Howard,” Captain Bernard O’Brien welcomed back his detective “How are…”

“Okay.” Snipes quickly added as didn’t like his captain and tried to hurry the conversation along. They were chalk and cheese, both very good at their jobs but personally never got along.

The captain looked at him “Good, good. If you ever have any, well…my door is always…well best you get back into it then.”

“Thanks.” Howard took a seat at his desk and opened the file on the top of the pile.

___

FILE: NYPD6-X616-003 TYPE: Homicide Locale: Christopher Street Station JSQ-33

Victim: Male, 30-40, Italian-American, black hair, no distinguishing marks or tattoos, identity as yet unconfirmed

Cause of death (initial CSI report): Severe electrical burns to hands, chest and face. Thought to be due to contact with the third rail but at T.O.D Christopher Street Station was without power. Possibly mutant or metahuman attack

Witnesses: Zero, enquiries continuing.

CCTV: Unavailable due to power outage

__

Snipes opened up a file on the computer and brought up a list of electrical based people from the database. NYPD’s ‘powered’ database was at times better than S.H.I.E.L.D’s due to the amount of heroes and villains packed into such a small area and their constant contact with the police. They often shared info but everyone was very territorial about what they had. Snipes clicked a few more tabs before getting to the screen he needed.

Captain Marvel/Photon, Chain Lightning, Dr Victor Von Doom (diplomatic immunity), Eel, El Aguila, Electro, Grasp, Iron Man, Lightning Conductor (deceased), Living Lightning, Megatak, Milan (presumed dead), Shocker, Spider-Woman (red-yellow), Shockwave, Storm, Striker, Supercharger, Thor, War Machine, Wiccan, Zzazx

Howard rubbed his forehead at the list. These were the electrical people they knew of. There were probably dozens more and it could even be someone new. Snipes sighed and remembered the good old days when people use to shoot each other with guns.

Magneto gasped for air as he lay on the floor of his cell, the Neothyl-Penthrane mix sending him off to the land of troubled sleep. He gripped the floor and tried to push himself up but combined with the horse dose tranquilisers coursing through his body from the chemical collar he was basically a vegetable. He remembered how he first complained of his incarceration to which a guard replied, “The Geneva Convention, Amnesty International and the Bill of Rights only apply to humans. You, Magneto, have constantly made a big deal about being superior so we can treat you worse than cattle and legally we’re in the clear. Remember that this is all of your own making.”

The mutant collapsed on the floor as more images of the Mutie World played on the torn screen when he spied a small silver of metal in the weave of the plastic. He smiled as he let the chemicals take him. T

omorrow, tomorrow he would reap vengeance on his captors.

To be continued…

Notes:

* Harry Thomas is a Marvel police officer who until now didn’t have a first or possibly surname. He was just called Harry. So I named him Harry Thomas, after the writer of his first appearance in Marvel Team-Up http://marvel.wikia.com/Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_1_1

* Bernard O’Brien is the officer who told Peter Parker that his uncle had been killed; here he’s been promoted though the history remains http://www.comicvine.com/bernard-obrien/4005-88049/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Cool sorry about the late comment just didn't see this when it first arrived. Love the mutant big brother show, that was cool. Personally I think the killer is Jolt just because. :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Totally forgot about her! Thanks for the read, its ff so whenever. Part 3 went up recently if it takes your fancy

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks. Again sorry about the late comment. Been on sixteen hour days so observation sucks at the moment.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Well it's the last day on site so this weekend I'm sleeping and that's it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: To quote a man in black with a sword "sleep well and dream of large women."

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thank you Dread Pirate Kevin. If you're interested Issue 4 of Whitewater went up a few days ago.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers