Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By darth_brendroid

The Owl of Wall Street

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Daredevil and related characters belong to Marvel Comics.

Other Marvel Re-Imagined titles can be found here.

Rating: T (just covering my bases)

No Caption Provided

"Could you write up a mock-proposal for research into a super-soldier serum?” was the question both Matt and Foggy had asked her just as they had walked out of the bowling alley. It was a surprise to Karen, of course. The bowling was supposed to be a way to wind down and Foggy had even been nursing his head the whole time. She’d asked Foggy if he wanted to have a go, even though he declined every time. Matt stood there chuckling; buying his friend another can of soft drink when the one on Foggy’s head had lost its chill. Really, the only challenge had been working with Matt to bowl down the lane. That hadn’t been all that hard. Being put to work writing up a proposal, then, was not what Karen had planned for the rest of her evening.

Karen breathed in deeply, looking out at the dull grey sky passing by her window. The proposal was done, printed and handed over to Foggy with the morning coffee, which was perhaps far healthier than the drink he’d have made himself. Perhaps it had been nothing but for the journalist friend as they’d claimed. Sipping at her orange juice, Karen flipped through her newspaper. Maybe that proposal was for a friend, but that didn’t ease the feeling she’d had when she’d read that article only two nights ago; that a masked marauder had torn through offices linked with Leland Owlsley. Normally it would mean nothing, but with Foggy trembling and Matt darkly silent after Monday’s trial Karen wasn’t sure if one of them may have snapped. Perhaps the proposal was stress getting to one of them, or both of them. She drained her glass of orange juice. She didn’t know what she’d do if her bosses turned out to be unstable.

“I hope both of you are okay,” she whispered to the window, standing up and stretching. Colony had the sheet music she was after and she needed to find an ATM. Grabbing her red coat and keys, Karen walked over to the door and out of her apartment. There’d be time to worry about crazy, unstable bosses later.

It’s useful, sometimes, when your senses are more acute. Matt had found that out for himself. In a world he couldn’t see, being able to hear that bit better became truly essential. He listened as the door to Owlsley’s safe swung open. Underneath the fabric of his mask, Matt smiled. Ten points to Murdock; no hearing aids required. He groped inside the safe, grasping something that felt like a folder. Holding it firmly in his hand, Matt closed the door. Three days of trying to find anything and, in the bowels of Owlsley’s tower, this could possibly be what damned him. The only thing left would be to have Foggy read through it and then Matt could hand it to the police. He’d be wearing his costume, of course.

“Something tangible, Lieber,” he said to himself, thinking back to Monday’s case. “We might have that something tangible that could damn Owlsley.”

Walking carefully, Murdock found his way back to the stairs. One step up, two steps up; the plans Foggy had found had said there were twelve steps. Seven steps up, and Matt found himself gripping the folder in his right hand and the knife in his left all the tighter. Twelve steps; he was in front of the door. Holding the knife firmly, Matt carved into the door. Blind he may be, but he’d had practice over the past two nights. He could feel his hand forming the two D’s in the woodwork. Leaving a mark in on the ground in fire may have frightened Owlsley all the more when he discovered it, but a Zorro-like slash job was going to have to do. The blade was sheathed and Matt opened the door.

Something went click. Matt’s left fist swung out and connected with something cold and metal. It was a gun. His knuckles felt as if they were bleeding but there wasn’t time to worry about that. Knee jerked up, connected with something soft. He could hear the body drop to the ground and the groaning from whoever it was. If whoever it was squealed Owlsley would have the upper-hand all over again. He needed time to escape. He needed Foggy to get out alright. Matt dropped the folder, grabbed whoever it was and dragged them into the safe room. They could squeal away down there. Grabbing the folder again, Matt started to run.

To Be Continued.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

Very good.

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darth_brendroid

@TheCannon; thanks.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tomdickharry1984

"Could you write up a mock-proposal for research into a super-soldier serum?” I'm lost now! I have no real idea on whats hapening in your DD at the moment? Sorry man just lkost...

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darth_brendroid

Reading your comments I'm starting to think that this arc needed a little bit more thought plot-wise.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tomdickharry1984

The idea is good, but i'm lost, shomewhere I missed something and have no idea what I missed? I get that Foggy & Matt work together, lost a court case (over what I still don't know) but now the Owl is talking to Fogy about super soldier serum? HUH? I think its there I lose it and have no idea where ort what. Sorry man. Maybe just missing something and I'm all off whack!

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darth_brendroid

I think I can understand the court case thing TDH1984 (I know I put a line in about what it was about in issue one but it was just the one line and I didn't expand upon it) but I'm also thinking that, looking back on this, this second half could have been plotted a little better. It's sorta jumpy and not in a good way, yeah? A better way to have done it might have been do bowling and show that and stuff, then do the Owl scene (maybe excising the super-soldier serum stuff entirely and just simplifying it or something)? It's done now and it's up there but I can see that this second half is a little less well stitched together plot-wise.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@darth_brendroid said:

Something went click. Matt’s left fist swung out and connected with something cold and metal. It was a gun. His knuckles felt as if they were bleeding but there wasn’t time to worry about that. Knee jerked up, connected with something soft. He could hear the body drop to the ground and the groaning from whoever it was. If whoever it was squealed Owlsley would have the upper-hand all over again. He needed time to escape. He needed Foggy to get out alright. Matt dropped the folder, grabbed whoever it was and dragged them into the safe room. They could squeal away down there. Grabbing the folder again, Matt started to run.

To Be Continued.

This last paragraph is a little confusing to me, I'm not sure what is happening?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By thespideyguy

Love how it is more about Matt&Foggy than just daredevil.