batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Years from now…

“Another!” barked the aggressive old Australian leaning heavily on the bar. The bartender with the smartglass eye slowly shuffled over with the bottle of Becardi 151 and poured another shot into the waiting glass.

“After this one buddy, I think you should head home.” He said “The inbuilt breathalyser is flashing red.”

The man looked at the pulsing shot glass and then up at the bartender with a look of disgust “Do you have any idea on who I am?”

Bartender shook his head “Nope. And don’t want to neither. Drink up and…” He pointed towards the door.

“My name is John Allerdyce.”

Bartender shrugged and folded his arms “You a reality TV star or something?”

The man burst into laughter “Mate, that’s funny! No, I ain’t no reality clown. I use to work for Magneto.”

“You’re a mutant?” The bartender’s arms unfolded and he casually armed himself with a nearby bottle.

“Yup! Boogah boogah! Ha. I did some government work for a while. Then I got killed.”

“You’re a zombie?”

“Not anymore!” He paused to rub an old wound on his right wrist. “I got brought back to life. It was then my life turned into a big steaming pile of horse…” John downed the shot and slapped it onto the bar. “Another!”

“Sorry John, but it’s time you left.”

John sneered “How about you leave?”

“Don’t threaten me old man.”

John stood up to full height and ran a hand through his thinning silver hair “Ain’t a threat!” He lunged forward and snatched the bottle from the bartender’s hands, quickly pouring the liquid across the bar.

“You stupid old ^&^$!”

John sneered and clicked his fingers. A small sliver flame appeared with the audible click hovering above his hand. “Yeah, and I’m mean too.” The flame roared into a column scorching the roof sending waves of intense heat everywhere as the fire raced across the bar like a blazing fence.

“Oh god!” yelped the bartender.

“God died years ago mate,” chuckled John as he directed the flames to encircle the man behind the bar. “Y’know, I only use to be able to control flame, true story. Now pour me another drink before I melt you into slag!”

Now…

“You shot me!” screamed Pyro as he clutched his right arm to stem the blood and pain from the carbon fiber shaft through his wrist. “WITH A %^$# ARROW!”

No Caption Provided

Red Wolf lowered his bow and shrugged “You tried to incinerate me. I think we’re even.”

The Native American hero leapt forward and brought his tomahawk down, Pyro barely managing to get his left hand up which was exactly Red Wolf’s intention. The stone axe head shattered the sparker on his arm which sent flammable liquid everywhere.

“MY SUIT!” screamed Pyro.

“You’re pretty useless without those flamethrowers,” stated Red Wolf “Give up before you get hurt.”

Pyro glared at him “Says the guy dressed like a dog.” He grabbed his right sparker and ignited the fuel pooled at his feet. Through his pyrokinesis he moulded the flame into a huge flaming claw and swatted Red Wolf away. He then hurled it after him hitting the prone hero with a massive fireball that lit up the night’s sky.

Pyro looked at the smouldering body of Red Wolf “You’re lucky the cops are coming dog boy. Coz I see you again and I will melt you into slag!”

And with that he took off leaving the smoking charred hero in the street.

“I could just graft on a better hand for you,” suggested Arthur Nagan though he was better known as Gorilla Man; mainly as he had sewn his head onto the body of a six hundred pound gorilla. Arthur examined the injury to Pyro’s arm. “I thought you mutants healed at an extraordinary rate?”

“I thought a doctor wouldn’t ask such dumb questions!” replied Pyro.

Arthur scratched his chin with his simian fingers “Coming from the man with an arrow through his arm. Please place your left hand over your eyes.”

John looked puzzled but did as he was told. Arthur smiled “This will hurt.” And with the he snapped the tail end off the arrow as he yanked it from the wound in a quick motion. Pyro screamed.

“I told you it would hurt,” chuckled Arthur as he dropped the arrow into a stainless steel tray and grabbed some bandages with his other hand to tend to the bleeding wound. “It seems to of missed most of the nerves. Now about my fee…”

“YOU JUST REEFED IT OUT OF MY ARM! I COULD’VE DONE THAT!?!”

“Yes,” replied Arthur “But you didn’t. Cash only please John.”

To be continued…here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-re-genesis-pyro-2-1597762/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Wow Red Wolf and Gorilla Man. Love it, plenty of Z list characters

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Very cool! Gotta feel bad for Ol' Red Wolf though...

Adding to the library.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, that was absolutely awesome. Extremely entertaining, and I can't wait for part two! I find that most writers, when a solo is done on a villain, they try and humanize the titular character (The villain). What I really like about this is that you're not doing that, or at least it doesn't seem like you are to me. You aren't pulling any punches with John's characterization, and you're really piecing a real scum bag together.

You've crafted yet another amazing story, BatKev.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejester: that's really nice to hear. Bad guys should be bad guys, just because they get a solo/starring role doesn't make them noble or heroic (though some are and that's why they get solos). John is a mean unrepentant scum bag and is still a mean unrepentant scum bag when he's an old bastard! More soon

@impurestcheese: Well this is true, your serene highness

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Noice

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow that was really good. I loved the way you write Pyro although I'm confused. HAS Magneto showed up in the Re-Genesis Universe yet? Also when did Pyro die? Or did I miss something?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I just read Pyro's page here on CV, he got the Legacy virus and died and came back with all them others during that Necrosha/Selene/zombie/vampire crap. I'm just starting him from after that. No Magneto yet but it works as I have future Pyro and present Pyro which I can work out any kinks

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for no apparent reason

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

The fact that there is another Pyro fan like myself out there makes me very happy. This was way too entertaining, thanks Bat

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

307 views per year for a 1200 total! Say what??

No Caption Provided